Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 07/08/2010 > Total Extreme Wrestling 07/08/2010 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-26-2017, 08:05 PM

Default Issues with screen resolution..

I'm trying to run TEW 2010 on Windows 10 but its telling me "TEW could not load because screen resolution must be at least 1024 x 768" I already checked the resolution and its set at the max/recommended 1920 x 1080. Any help would be appreciated.
Unread 06-27-2017, 02:32 AM
GDS Developer

Moved to the correct forum.

It's almost impossible for the game to be incorrect when giving its screen resolution because it's literally counting the pixels available. However, just because your computer tells you you are using 1920x1080 doesn't mean you are because it doesn't take into account magnification or other effects.

The most likely cause of your issue is therefore that you have some kind of screen magnification in use, and therefore are actually using far less than the 1920x1080 that you have it set as. You would need to turn off the magnification to bring yourself back above the minimum game limit.
Unread 06-28-2017, 07:44 PM

Thanks Adam,

I checked my computers magnification settings and there is no magnifier in effect. Any other possible causes/solutions?
Unread 06-29-2017, 02:37 AM
GDS Developer

Any screen distortion effect would potentially count; when I mentioned screen magnification above, that was a general term rather than referring to the in-built Windows magnification tool. I don't use Windows 10, but I know it comes equipped with screen effects that are turned on by default, so if it's a new computer or you're not used to the operating system, they might be active - this is usually the cause with Windows 10, as I remember we had this problem reported a lot when it first came out and people upgraded. Also, anything that would be related to sight issues, for example text readers or enlargers, would also potentially impact your resolution.