Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Finish Line Ultimate Racing General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-20-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingster View Post
Can't not buy anything that isn't available for purchase.

But I'd imagine a lot of people who were going to buy this game were put off by the fact that it's now been more than 2 years since the announced release date.

I mean, I'm not losing sleep over the fact that this game isn't out yet as it's not my kind of genre at all. I also think some of the criticism that has been expressed in this thread is kind of overblown.
Having said that, it's still a horrible look for him and Greydog Software and if I had hired him as a developer, I'd be really mad
Imagine the outcry if this were TEW or WMMA. People would be going mental, rightfully so.
Agreed...definitely not a good look for the developer. But it's also not a good look to incessantly whine and cry like a two-year-old about the delay (not talking about you, Kingster). Some folks are so irritated here, you would think it's the end of the world. That's why I said the best way to express one's displeasure is to simply not buy the game (when/if the time comes).

It's just a game - and, frankly, there have been other Nascar projects like this that never materialized either, so if it comes out...great. And if the delays continue, the developer will suffer the consequences. But irrationally bitching and crying about it won't make it come out two years ago, or any time sooner now.
Unread 07-20-2017, 05:07 PM
GDS Developer

The game is being worked on now (and the last few days actually) now that my current project is pretty much done. Having to redo a few things since the third-party plugin I was using decided not to offer support anymore.

The interface is undergoing a revamp too, for greater consistency and overall look I was shooting for.

Moving to Steam Early Access is something I may do, if only to make me work on this and get a greater pool of opinions and testers in the project. I don't want this to die out and be abandoned. Too much work has gone into it already.
Unread 07-21-2017, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek DiBenedetto View Post
The game is being worked on now (and the last few days actually) now that my current project is pretty much done. Having to redo a few things since the third-party plugin I was using decided not to offer support anymore.

The interface is undergoing a revamp too, for greater consistency and overall look I was shooting for.

Moving to Steam Early Access is something I may do, if only to make me work on this and get a greater pool of opinions and testers in the project. I don't want this to die out and be abandoned. Too much work has gone into it already.
Well that's nice to know. A lot of plans for a dynasty with this game.
Unread 07-22-2017, 01:24 PM
GDS Developer

There's a new blog site with details about the revised project as it progresses:
http://redlineracing.site/

New screens, updates, etc. will be posted here.
Unread 09-26-2017, 02:28 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek DiBenedetto View Post
There's a new blog site with details about the revised project as it progresses:
http://redlineracing.site/

New screens, updates, etc. will be posted here.
I see the new site hasn't been updated since Aug 2nd - any further progress, Derek?
Unread 09-26-2017, 06:08 AM
GDS Developer

Yes, testing has been going on privately for awhile...I noted that in the comments of the last post. I have it the early beta nailed down decently now, I think.