Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 1/2/3 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 1/2/3 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-03-2017, 05:44 AM

Default Run-time error '75': Path/File access error

Run-time error '75':

Path/File access error

This is the error I received. Here's what happened, I edited the default database of WMMA 3 because; The fighters records, fighters names, weight classes in orgs, camp team names etc. mostly all suck, so I edited nearly 75% of the database. What do I do to fix the issue? Am I screwed because there's a mistake somewhere in the database I edited? Do I really have to create a new database and start over? Hopefully there's an easy solution. Thanks.
Unread 08-03-2017, 06:15 AM
GDS Developer

Moved to the correct forum.

I will need:

1 - To know what version of the game you are using. (It's written in the taskbar on the opening screen.)

2 - To know where the error is happening. You haven't said what screen you're on or what you're doing, which makes it impossible to diagnose as it's such a generic error.

3 - You will need to PM me your license code.

4 - I will need to know what operating system you use and, if it's newer than XP, whether you understand the need to run the game in administrator mode and have done so.
Unread 08-03-2017, 07:34 AM

1) I believe it's Version 1.0
2) The error occurs when I try to start a "new game"
3) I will PM you this
4) Windows 10
Unread 08-03-2017, 07:37 AM
GDS Developer

Please check the version to be sure. 1.0 is the completely unpatched version of the game from release day - nobody should be using that (I don't think that version has been available for years from our site).

The latest version is 1.101 and is pinned to the top of this forum.

Please also answer the second half of my fourth question, you missed it out.

Last edited by Adam Ryland : 08-03-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Unread 08-03-2017, 08:58 AM

Yeah it's version 1.0, it's just the one that it came with by default.

As for the second half of your 4th question, are you telling me to run in administrator mode? If so how do I do that?

Also I'm not familiar with how to navigate this forum. The temporary patch? Can I still use the database I took hours to edit?

Last edited by mikeyg052688 : 08-03-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Unread 08-03-2017, 09:36 AM

Actually I googled it and found out how to run it in administrator mode.

Thanks for the help Adam. Still don't know how to do the new version though, is that the temporary patch?

Last edited by mikeyg052688 : 08-03-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Unread 08-03-2017, 10:12 AM
GDS Developer

Yes, the temporary patch is the latest version and you will still be able to use your database. However, you've been running without any bug fixes so far so there is a risk that you've introduced incorrect data during your editing; unfortunately there's very little you can do about that now, other than to keep your eye out for problems and attempt to fix them as they arise. I can't recall if there were any errors in the editor that were patched, so you may have been fortunate and avoided any pitfalls.

Yes, you do need to play the game in admin mode, it's absolutely critical as otherwise you can really mess up your data files. You need to run all programs in Windows 10 that way due to the way the operating system is designed. All my games now come with a warning making this clear, although as WMMA3 is such an old game it doesn't. There's very little you can do at this point but run the game and hope you got lucky and weren't affected, but I would advise you to keep a close eye on the game for unusual happenings, such as people disappearing or data acting oddly.

Last edited by Adam Ryland : 08-03-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Unread 08-05-2017, 08:42 AM

I downloaded it, clicked on it when it was done and this message came up.

"The code execution cannot proceed because elicen40.dll was not found. Reinstalling the problem may fix this problem."

Do I have to re-install the game? Can I get a step by step on this?
Unread 08-05-2017, 08:51 AM

I uninstalled it but I have no idea what to do after that. If I re-install the game, how do I get this patch or whatever it is on the game? Not very good with computers so I need beginner's help.
Unread 08-06-2017, 04:15 AM
GDS Developer

Sure. To clarify, there are full step-by-step instructions on how to install patches in the patch thread itself, a few lines down from the link you used to download it, but I will repeat them here. Also, there was no need to uninstall the game - I'm not clear on why you decided to do that.

To re-install:

Download the WMMA3 isntaller (here) and run it. Follow the instructions. Make a note of where (as in, what folder) you installed it to.

To add the patch:

Download the patch from the pinned thread. Unzip it onto your desktop. You will now have a file called WMMA3.exe. Right click on it and select Cut. Navigate to your WMMA3 folder (usually Program Files \ GDS \ WMMA3 - you will have selected the location during the reinstallation process) and find WMMA3.exe. Delete it, and then right click within that folder and press Paste to add the replacement WMMA3.exe that you Cut earlier. (What you are doing is replacing the original game file with the patch.)

You now have the latest version of the game. Remember to play in admin mode and you are good to go.

Last edited by Adam Ryland : 08-06-2017 at 04:47 AM.