Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-11-2017, 07:45 PM

Default Merge Child Companies

In a recent game playing as SIGMA, I took over both XCC and LIONHEART (a company I created myself). Being two American companies, there is a certain advantage in having two companies running cards separately (more fights for more fighters), but right now I've taken the best fighters from both promotions and see no benefit in having two US-based outfits.

I'd love to be able to merge the rosters.

A real-life precedence is the merger between RFA and Legacy FC - now known as Legacy FA.

Ed Soares is the man in charge at LFA, as he was for Legacy FC, and has clear connections to the UFC (a likely parent company). Whether or not the UFC owned RFA I really don't know, but in WMMA terms, the companies were merged and a composite name was given to the promotion.

If I had merged XCC and LIONHEART in my game, I'd love to be able to easily rename the composite company. LIONHEART CC, or Xtreme LIONS. Either way, a cool way to streamline child companies.
Unread 08-11-2017, 07:52 PM

Second, some of the fighters I called up from XCC who also have contracts with LIONHEART can't be removed from their LIONHEART contracts because they already have a contract with SIGMA.

This means LIONHEART can interfere with my plans for SIGMA talent by virtue of the fact we aren't yet a National-level organization!

Furthermore, I reckon that buying out a promotion should BOOST a promotion's popularity significantly. Not only would it realistically expand the company's audience (which should be absorbed as part of the merger, particularly where the popularity stat was previously low), it would naturally make the promotion look powerful to the average fan.