Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Grey Dog Software General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

If it is possible to replace the star ratings on threads, that would be great, though I suspect that isn't part of this project.

The best approach is basically the same as Facebook. Give a small range of positive feedback. You can then see if something is popular and why from that. We also have the ability to report posts if they are negative, so board admins like myself can handle any negative feedback in a more private setting.

This combination has been proven to work well across many social media and would be a boost to the ability to find quality posts around the site and help to provide great feedback to the many contributors in the many sections of the forums. If this could also be done for individual posts that would be fantastic, especially for writers in the dynasty sections where it could provide the kind of feedback that all users would appreciate.
Unread 08-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Low Minors

Those are good ideas, however the forum will be next on the project list. We are trying to focus on the .com at the moment.
Unread 08-12-2017, 02:03 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaken View Post
keep them
I agree with keeping the one star system.

I get a one star every time I start a thread. So much so, that I give every thread that I start a one star in order to beat the other posters to the punch. To me I find it funny when people get so upset over getting a one star on a video game website. If that is the most upsetting thing to happen to you then I think it is pretty safe to say that you are living a charmed life.

I actually find it flattering in a sense, because people are actually taking time out of their day to inform me how much they dislike me or dislike whatever content I am writing about. I also like them because it allows people to voice their opinion.

As someone who has been told in the past that I am not allowed to speak on certain subjects or I am stupid and wrong for having a different opinion just because I do not have a hive mind thought process when it comes to certain topics. It is refreshing to see that I still can have some sort of way to voice my opinion on a subject matter if I choose to do so.

Granted it has been some time since I last one starred a thread, but I like having the option to do so should I choose to.
Unread 08-12-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy1051 View Post
Those are good ideas, however the forum will be next on the project list. We are trying to focus on the .com at the moment.
You have already mentioned working on the flash thing for .com.

Whenever you are moving towards forum, I would like to suggest you to take a look at Xenforo.
Unread 08-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Major League

I rarely use the main site, so I don't care that much about it.
But I have one request: Obviously it's a good thing to modernise the page and make it more mobile-friendly. But please don't forget to keep it pc-friendly, as well.
So many websites I visit or used to visit have become unusable in their programmer's effort to modernise it and to make it look better. The most important thing for me is how easy it is to navigate the website both on a regular pc and on mobile devices. Look and fanciness is nice, as well, but only if it doesn't hinder its usability.