Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #32506  
Unread 07-28-2017, 03:29 PM
shawn michaels 82's Avatar
shawn michaels 82 shawn michaels 82 is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The World Wide Web!
Posts: 2,500
Default

The CWs division should just be closed. As it is, it has no value for me and it just seems like WWE wanting to add original programming to their network.
Reply With Quote
  #32507  
Unread 07-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Mootinie's Avatar
Mootinie Mootinie is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: England
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels 82 View Post
The CWs division should just be closed. As it is, it has no value for me and it just seems like WWE wanting to add original programming to their network.
Yeah, 205 Leave hasn't been successful. It was pretty much dead on arrival with the time slot it was given.
Reply With Quote
  #32508  
Unread 07-28-2017, 06:43 PM
milamber's Avatar
milamber milamber is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 71
Default

205 Live is better booked and more entertaining than Raw and Smackdown most weeks. But they either need to crossover more with the main roster or be entirely exclusive.
Reply With Quote
  #32509  
Unread 07-28-2017, 06:44 PM
milamber's Avatar
milamber milamber is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone Rivendale View Post
You said Dana twice. You got a crush?
Hell no :P Personally I'd fire Tamina and Dana but it's not going to happen. Dana might improve in NXT but I'd rather not see her wrestle again.
Reply With Quote
  #32510  
Unread 07-29-2017, 12:46 AM
BHK1978's Avatar
BHK1978 BHK1978 is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeydbw View Post
The greatest Punjabi Prison match ever.
This made me laugh more than it should have. Because when I read it I thought, "Well it is not like the bar was set very high."
Reply With Quote
  #32511  
Unread 08-01-2017, 07:33 AM
milamber's Avatar
milamber milamber is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 71
Default

All the new entrances themes sounded like rush jobs.

Michael Cole seems to flubbing his lines more often lately (mixing up wrestler's names, calling moves wrong). Either his memory is slipping or Vince is shouting in his headset.

I really hope they pull the trigger on Strowman, if not at SummerSlam then at Wrestlemania because he's consistently the best part of Raw, IMO. I'm not holding my breath, though.

So long as Brock loses the Fatal Fourway. Sure he's the biggest star they have not named Cena but his value is declining fast because his matches are literally Suplex, Repeat, F5 and he's not that big a ratings draw. Give him a win back at No Mercy (he's rumored to appear) or at Royal Rumble then go out on his back at Wrestlemania. They can't even afford pyro any more yet they're paying him millions.
Reply With Quote
  #32512  
Unread 08-06-2017, 01:55 AM
BHK1978's Avatar
BHK1978 BHK1978 is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,313
Default

I saw something interesting today on YouTube. It was a 1961 episode of Stampede wrestling. I have never really gotten a chance to see much wrestling pre-1970, so it was interesting to see how it was run.

Now before anyone throws the, "Why are you talking about this in a WWE thread?", question at me, I put it here because Gorilla Monsoon was on the card. Seeing how Gorilla was the voice of the 1980's WWF, I just thought this should go here.

Gorilla was wrestling under his Gino Marella name and he was doing a gimmick where he put his own money in a pot and if his opponent was able to beat him via pinfall or submission in under ten minutes they would win whatever the amount was in the pot. He actually lost the match via count-out but his opponent did not win the pot because the match had to be won by pinfall or submission.

The only other wrestler that I recognized on the show was Bulldog Brower. Stu Hart was there as well but he was doing "commentary" and they acknowledged that he was the owner of the company. I say that he was doing "commentary" because his commentary consisted of a couple of what seemed to be grunts. I am not sure if words actually came out of his mouth or not and if they did, I sure as hell did not understand what he was saying.

The highlight of the show was Stu and the announcer (whose name I did not catch) getting into the ring to interview wrestles. Which actually took up a good portion of the show, far more than I thought they would have been done back then. Anyway, at one point Stu asked for the fans to call him and tell him what they would like to see as far as matches go in the future. The announcer asked him if he was sure he wanted the fans to call him and he said yes and proceeded to give out what I assume was his home phone number (granted it could have been for his office, he did not state one way or the other). I would if people cranked him back then, I know I would have.

Last edited by BHK1978 : 08-06-2017 at 02:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #32513  
Unread 08-09-2017, 06:56 AM
jjohns44 jjohns44 is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 397
Default

Why would they have Naomi face Carmella one on one without the MITB briefcase being involved. And she still won the match! *sigh* and it was really to remind us the Ellsworth hadnt been thrown off a cliff yet.
If they just wanted to do that could have done it in any other ways. I remember when they used to have MITB cash ins on regular TV shows, should still do it sometimes instead of the big PPVs or even have them jump ship to win the RAW titles.
Reply With Quote
  #32514  
Unread 08-10-2017, 01:01 AM
Greylocke Greylocke is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 284
Default

Cross-dressing Tyler Breeze is genuinely prettier than all the Smackdown women not named Lana. All the Real World Mods have grossly underrated his Sex Appeal stat.
Reply With Quote
  #32515  
Unread 08-10-2017, 08:00 AM
Blackman's Avatar
Blackman Blackman is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgium
Posts: 4,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohns44 View Post
Why would they have Naomi face Carmella one on one without the MITB briefcase being involved.
Why not have her win the championship while having the MitB briefcase? That would be awkward. Might as well challenge for the RAW women's title at a cross-PPV. I can see this being "against the rules" but come on... Ellsworth won the MitB match so there you go.
Reply With Quote
  #32516  
Unread 08-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 5,388
Default

Tyler Breeze and Fandango have done the impossible and made the Ascension entertaining.

Between Fashion Peaks, AJ/Owens, Baron Corbin, Nakamura and Rusev Smackdown has been fun.

That said, Carmella looks like an idiot. She beats Naomi and Naomi is out, why not cash in right then and there?

I love her, but that was dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #32517  
Unread 08-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Bigpapa42's Avatar
Bigpapa42 Bigpapa42 is online now
Living Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
I saw something interesting today on YouTube. It was a 1961 episode of Stampede wrestling. I have never really gotten a chance to see much wrestling pre-1970, so it was interesting to see how it was run.

Now before anyone throws the, "Why are you talking about this in a WWE thread?", question at me, I put it here because Gorilla Monsoon was on the card. Seeing how Gorilla was the voice of the 1980's WWF, I just thought this should go here.

Gorilla was wrestling under his Gino Marella name and he was doing a gimmick where he put his own money in a pot and if his opponent was able to beat him via pinfall or submission in under ten minutes they would win whatever the amount was in the pot. He actually lost the match via count-out but his opponent did not win the pot because the match had to be won by pinfall or submission.

The only other wrestler that I recognized on the show was Bulldog Brower. Stu Hart was there as well but he was doing "commentary" and they acknowledged that he was the owner of the company. I say that he was doing "commentary" because his commentary consisted of a couple of what seemed to be grunts. I am not sure if words actually came out of his mouth or not and if they did, I sure as hell did not understand what he was saying.

The highlight of the show was Stu and the announcer (whose name I did not catch) getting into the ring to interview wrestles. Which actually took up a good portion of the show, far more than I thought they would have been done back then. Anyway, at one point Stu asked for the fans to call him and tell him what they would like to see as far as matches go in the future. The announcer asked him if he was sure he wanted the fans to call him and he said yes and proceeded to give out what I assume was his home phone number (granted it could have been for his office, he did not state one way or the other). I would if people cranked him back then, I know I would have.
That's pretty awesome. I'll have to try to find it.

I grew up in the touring territory of Stampede and watched it on TV as well, so there is a lot of nostalgia there for me. That was early to mid 80s Stampede, so quite different. But it was definitely unique in that era. I always giggle when someone compares North of the Border Pro Wrestling to Stampede, probably based purely on the technical styles of Bret and Owen. But 80s Stampede was even more SE than CGC. They had a ****-ish manager and a guy in a Jason mask with a machete, named Jason the Terrible lol

My dad went to a lot more Stampede shows than I ever got to, and going back into the 70s. He's mentioned seeing guys like Harley Race and Andre the Giant touring spells with Stampede.

I don't know that I've seen Gorilla's in ring work that I can recall. I know he was supposedly quite the worker.
Reply With Quote
  #32518  
Unread 08-11-2017, 12:33 PM
sebsy's Avatar
sebsy sebsy is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 862
Default

Hi guys,

hope it is ok to ask here. I have asked in the diary questions thread in 2016 dynasties but figured I'd ask here as well as I am looking to start a WWE diary soon and wondered if people could take a few minutes to fill out a very quick poll on a few questions that could shape the direction of parts of my diary. It would be very much appreciated if you could.

https://www.survey-maker.com/Q301NPM
Reply With Quote
  #32519  
Unread 08-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Blackman's Avatar
Blackman Blackman is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgium
Posts: 4,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
I love her, but that was dumb.
You shouldn't think logically about the MitB title shot. As you know, it's just used for dramatic effect. It'd be dumb to do as you suggest. The whole event would mean little.

She could've used her "connection" with Big Cass to have him come over to boot her in the face so she'd be able to cash in. As well as a myriad of reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #32520  
Unread 08-12-2017, 08:29 PM
jjohns44 jjohns44 is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Tyler Breeze and Fandango have done the impossible and made the Ascension entertaining.

Between Fashion Peaks, AJ/Owens, Baron Corbin, Nakamura and Rusev Smackdown has been fun.

That said, Carmella looks like an idiot. She beats Naomi and Naomi is out, why not cash in right then and there?

I love her, but that was dumb.
no matter what happens to Baron Corbin during Cena(Maybe Baron will win due to the infamous Cena Summerslam burial of 2010 that made him swear to lose every Summerslam since but face it all of those guys are no longer with the company, or are retired, or are so far down the card that it doesn't matter), I can see him involved somehow in the Nakamura match. Either Nakamura wins it to be the first real-born Japanese WWE Champ(and nope 3 seconds later Vince trolls us by throwing him out there to cash it in) and Carmella cashes it in too? That's too many cash-ins at one time.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Array [all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.