Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-13-2017, 03:51 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymru96 View Post
A fighter's potential for failing drugs tests isn't linked with destiny, right? Just wondering, because I've had Adam White test positive for PEDs, come back a year later, and the same happen in his very next fight. Just a coincidence?
No it isn't linked to destiny. It's not coincidence either. If he was on PEDs first time around and didn't get totally clean before the second fight then he's liable to get busted because he's still cheating.
Unread 06-13-2017, 04:54 PM
Low Minors

Wild, cheers! Guess I'm gonna keep him on the shelf for a while after his suspension ends.
Unread 06-20-2017, 09:05 PM
Minor League

When you see the e-mail comes up regarding young prospects (19-23 typically with 3-0 to 6-0 records) how long does it take them to usually get signed with an organization if letting things develop organically? (I'm playing in just viewing mode (unemployed) and wonder when some of them may get picked up by XCC and other smaller groups.)

Thanks!
Unread 06-21-2017, 03:39 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
When you see the e-mail comes up regarding young prospects (19-23 typically with 3-0 to 6-0 records) how long does it take them to usually get signed with an organization if letting things develop organically? (I'm playing in just viewing mode (unemployed) and wonder when some of them may get picked up by XCC and other smaller groups.)
That can't be accurately answered as it depends entirely on how the game world is set up at that point in time. If there's only a few companies and they have stuffed rosters, they won't be hiring any time soon and so the chance of someone being signed is very low, for example.
Unread 06-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Minor League

Are there any media for low level regional or "new" companies?
Unread 07-31-2017, 07:09 PM

Is there a way to have an active fighter be a guest on a broadcast team for an event? For example Dominick Cruz, Daniel Cormier in real life. Or do you have to wait for them to retire/give them a non fighting contract
Unread 08-01-2017, 07:00 PM

How many shows a month are you guys booking with a UFC sized company?

Last edited by Matty86 : 08-01-2017 at 07:09 PM.
Unread 08-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty86 View Post
Depends on how many people you have left over. Usually I can tell by having to scroll to see all my fighters on the match making screen. Usually if there's less than ten people in each division left, ROUGHLY, I'm pretty satisfied. However, I try really hard to stick to 30 people in each division, and I'm playing as GAMMA in the default data.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of running more than one show a month. Typically I'll deal with the spillover by running a TV show when I need it. One of the problems with this game is that it doesn't really simulate good TV cards that well (however that's both good and bad?), AND it's pretty hard to create great main events. So basically your popularity will, I would imagine, just stay the same by running both a good card and bad card every month, and might even go down.
Unread 08-01-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCycle View Post
Depends on how many people you have left over. Usually I can tell by having to scroll to see all my fighters on the match making screen. Usually if there's less than ten people in each division left, ROUGHLY, I'm pretty satisfied. However, I try really hard to stick to 30 people in each division, and I'm playing as GAMMA in the default data.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of running more than one show a month. Typically I'll deal with the spillover by running a TV show when I need it. One of the problems with this game is that it doesn't really simulate good TV cards that well (however that's both good and bad?), AND it's pretty hard to create great main events. So basically your popularity will, I would imagine, just stay the same by running both a good card and bad card every month, and might even go down.
Good stuff thanks!

Now I just need to figure out how to get pictures to work, I can't find a current file to go with the RW2017 rosters. lol
Unread 08-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Super Star

Game editor: Edit database. Change the picture folder in Database Info.

Save Game: Go to settings, click Picture Folder on the left side.

It's actually just easier to put every picture in the Default folder on your computer, but make sure there's no folders in the Picture folder.
Unread 08-01-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty86 View Post
I try to have at least 2 a month. Sometimes I find myself having bigger gaps with no shows and then having a stacked card, because i'm TERRIBLE at booking the lower tier of fighters. I find myself most familiar with the ranked fighters and keep booking them over and over again as soon as they recuperate
Unread 08-12-2017, 09:54 PM
Rookie

What effects fighter retirements? I've been having a lot of fighters, especially female fighters retire early 30's. Even with decent records with high pop and high ranking
For example Holly Holm was on a 4 fight win streak and in line for a title shot should she had beaten Raquel Pennington. But she lost, despite being my most popular fighter at the time and still sitting top 15 in the female p4p and retired off of 1 loss in 5

I know Holm is a little older than other examples I could've given but I'm curious as if there are certain factors that impact why fighters retire on this game.
Unread 08-13-2017, 03:58 AM
GDS Developer

There are loads of factors. Their hidden Destiny value (unless that's been turned off by having the retirement age preset in the editor), gender, physical condition, recent form, employment status and the value of any contract they have, their position within the world rankings, and others all play a part.
Unread 08-13-2017, 05:18 AM
Rookie

Ah, perhaps it was the age/gender for Holm then, because like I said she had won 4/5 of her last 5, she was on a pretty lucrative contract for my most popular fighter, on around 8k more than she was valued at per fight with decent bonuses. Think she was #17 on the P4P and #5 on the Bantamweight rankings. She was 37 in my game though.

Just praying Zingano doesn't retire at 36 as she's in my top 3 fighters when it comes to name value and she's ranked #2 in the division
Unread 08-13-2017, 06:52 AM

Can someone help me out installing this on Mac via wine? I couldn't install it with ie6 as one of the winetricks as recommended by Judoku1819 so tried with ie7 which kinda worked but now the when I open the shortcut on my laptop its just a notepad type program.