Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Low Minors

Week 2, September 1996
Madison Square Garden
ATT: 20,789
TV: 16.19

Quote:

No time for pleasantries tonight folks, because there aren't many pleasant people in our opening segment. The KLiQ are out in force the second the intro has finished playing, and they are coming in off the back of a rather unsuccessful showing last week.....with Justin Credible, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall all on the losing side of their matches.....and with the WWF Champion Shawn Michaels finding out that Chris Jericho is far from intimidated by the Heartbreak Kid, there was really only Triple H that had a good night....of course whether or not he can continue that trend, all depends on how well he handles Ahmed Johnson tonight.

They tease removing the commentators from their position on the announce table again, but eventually bypass them and enter the ring....and while the King isn't happy to see Justin Credible still sporting his crown, he has bought a replacement with him tonight....after all a King without a crown is no King at all. Michaels takes hold of a microphone and stares at the crowd for a moment, before finally beginning to speak. He tells the crowd that he's a little bit worried.....worried about the mental health of a large number of the so called superstars of the WWF, because for every Bret Hart or Scott Steiner or Steve Austin that he puts in their place, another moron who doesn't learn from others mistakes steps up and takes their place......

"......let me throw this out here, and I'll say it nice and slow, so that even you inbred hicks in the crowd can comprehend what I'm saying.......no one.....and I mean no one.....has got what it takes, to step in this ring with me.....and take this WWF Championship from around my waist.....I don't care if you're the best technical wrestler in the world.....the best brawler in the world......the best high flyer in the world.....a hybrid of all three......rookie, veteran, legend......man, woman or child......I don't care who you are or what you've done.....because I guarantee you this........no matter who you've beat......no matter how many titles you've won.......for however good you THINK you are..........the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels is BETTER..........I don't call myself the Showstopper because it's a catchy nickname......I call myself the Showstopper, because NOBODY can touch what I can do in this ring.......I proved it against Bret and Owen Hart.....I proved it against Scott Steiner and Steve Austin at the same time.......I proved it against the so called King of Memphis Jerry Lawler......and now I'm going to have to prove it one more time, against a no mark, no talent nobody by the name of Chris Jericho......"

Shawn says that frankly, he finds it an insult that someone who's been in the WWF for no longer than a cup of coffee, has the audacity to call him out.......

".....to challenge me.....the man who proved he's better than the best there is.......Chris Jericho, I don't know who you think you are.......although saying that, not many people DO know who you are......you're a kid, a flash in the pan.......but don't let it be said, that Shawn Michaels doesn't give back.......I'm going to make all your dreams come true.......I'm going to make YOU....right before I break you.....because in less than two weeks time, your name will be known worldwide......as the latest man stupid enough to think that he could hang with the KLiQ.......enjoy your fifteen minutes in the spotlight Kid.....because what the Bad Guy leaves tonight, and believe me that won't be much.....Shawn Michaels is going to finish at In Your House."

Rating: B+

Quote:

VS.

It's time for the opening match of the evening, and a big test for the man who came into the WWF with a bang, but kind of kind of turned into a damp squib. Marc Mero may have ended the undefeated streak of Hunter Hearst Helmsley, but he's done little else of worth since then.....and tonight he's up against a man who just a few short weeks ago at Summerslam, defeated the current Challenger for the WWF Championship....and that man's name (don't you ever forget it) is Goldust.

In all reality there's no real reason that Marc Mero couldn't be a big name around here. He's got a good look, decent workrate.....a smoking hot blonde on his arm.....all he really needs to do, is start picking up some decent wins......and a victory against Goldust would be a hell of a place to start. He looks to be in with a good shot of doing exactly that as well, because he's only one slap of the mat away from victory on a handful of occasions.....unfortunately however, he couldn't keep his eye on the ball.....

.......and it was because of the arrival of these two gentlemen, who make their way down the aisle and proceed to start pawing Sable. Billy Gunn made it clear a few weeks back that he has his eye on the busty blonde.....just as Sable made it clear (with a slap across the face) that the feeling wasn't mutual. Gunn obviously isn't giving up the chase however, as he's out here tonight.....and is enough of a distraction that Goldust is able to surprise Marc Mero with a quick roll up from behind, while Mero attention is on the new arrivals harassing his woman.....your winner.....Goldust.

Winner: Goldust
Rating: B

Quote:

Mero might have lost this one, but he doesn't seem too concerned.....in fact all he's concerned about right now, is getting Billy Gunn the hell away from Sable, who is currently doing her best to struggle away from his advances. Mero drops the floor and charges for Billy, but Gunn is quick to put himself behind Sable for protection, like the cowardly heel that he is. Mero feigns right, then left, looking for an opening to get at the smirking Gunn, before Billy finally shoves his hostage hard into Mero and bolting up the aisle laughing with Perfect to safety. Marc looks as though he's about to give chase, but decides to stay and comfort his manager instead......shouting promises of revenge for another day.

Quote:

Its time to head to the back, where Dok Hendrix gets to show off his interview skills. His first guests for the evening are the male quartet that make up the Nation of Domination.....well I say guests, it's Faarooq that does all the talking. He talks about bringing the Nation back to the forefront of the WWF....he talks about never being granted his rematch after unfairly losing the Intercontinental Championship.....he talks about the Hart Foundation, and the fact that they get granted break after break, title shot after title shot......

"......and look again, just a few weeks ago Bret Hart was losing in his title shot against Shawn Michaels.....Owen Hart was getting his ass whipped by Faarooq.....and what do they get for losing? ANOTHER chance to bring home the gold......Tag Team Gold this time.......have they ever earned ANYTHING a day in their privileged life's? Where's Kama and Nelson's tag title shot? But then, apparently losing matches is what gets you title shots around here.....because even that little blonde haired b###h Chris Jericho lost at Summerslam......and HE'S going for the World Title......ain't that a thing Dok......when the blonde haired blue eyed white boy LOSER, gets a WWF Title shot......and the brother that WON at the Pay Per View, has to beg for a shot at the Intercontinental Championship that he was never should have lost in the first place......hell, maybe Scorpio should go out there tonight, lay down and let that crackerjack Al Snow beat HIM, maybe that way he'd be next in line against that little Mexican Jumping Bean, Rey Mysterio......"

Faarooq continues, saying that unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen.....because the Nation of Domination are winners.....Scorpio is going to go down to the ring now and beat the crazy out of Al Snow......and Bulldog, enjoy your life of privilege while it lasts.....because at In Your House, Faarooq is taking back what's his.

Quote:

VS.

Scorpio is indeed in action next.....against the confused individual who has been on quite the roll as of late, fighting his way through a trial of attrition to finally reveal that Raven was the mystery thorn in his side....and that man (who is accompanied to the ring by a plastic mannequin head) is Al Snow.....and considering that a lot of Al's opponents recently have been a mystery to him, an opponent he could actually prepare for should be a walk in the park......although saying that, does Al strike you as the sort of person that prepares for anything? No me neither.....

As far as this match goes, it's entertaining if nothing else. Scorpio isn't as flamboyant has he used to be since joining the Nation, but the boy can still fly, and isn't afraid to showboat about it. Al isn't flashy either......and certainly isn't a high flyer.....but he's got the fans on his side with his strange antics, and Head has developed a cult following of her own. Scorpio shows why he was the first WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, and very nearly picks up a victory with a somersault leg drop from the top, but Snow was able to drape a foot over the bottom rope to save the match.

Snow manages to fight his way back into the match however, and Scorpio looks to be in big trouble.....so much so that this would be about the time that you would expect the Nation to come running out.....it's not the Nation that walks down the aisle though.......

......it's four masked men, all kitted out in Raven's masked alter ego, black hats and all. They circle the ring, spreading around to cover an apron each.....and while they don't actually physically get involved in the match, their presence is enough to ensure that Al's already temperamental concentration span, isn't fully focused on the match.....and Scorpio is able to pick up the win following a 360 splash off the top rope.

Winner: Scorpio

Quote:

Scorpio heads to the back with his arm raised in victory, while Al slowly regains his composure in the ring. Snow shakes away the cobwebs, which is when he notices the ominous figures surrounding the squared circle. Al struggles to his feet as the four masked men edge ever closer to the ring, until they finally pull themselves onto the apron as Al stands waiting for the inevitable assault.......it doesn't come however....instead the video screen flickers into life, and the now familiar sight of Raven appears on the screen.....

"......it can be said that wisdom, is really nothing more than the anticipation of consequences....if you choose to set out to cross the desert, you can anticipate that you will be thirsty.....a wise man will pack water, while a fool finds himself lost in a mirage....anticipation can make the high's higher, and the lows lower....because the anticipation of pleasure is a pleasure in itself......while waiting for the bang often inflicts more terror than the bang itself......"

Slowly the four masked men climb between the ropes and edge closer to Snow, who spins in a circle from man to man, ready to fight.

"......right now Al you are surrounded by anticipation.....the anticipation of suspense.....mystery.......the anticipation of pain and suffering.....tell me, what is worse? Waiting for the hammer to drop? Or not knowing if it's going to drop at all?"

With that, just as quickly as everyone arrived, the screen went black and the four masked men turn and exit through the ropes, heading to the back, leaving Al standing alone but suspicious in the middle of the ring.

Rating: A

Quote:

While Al gathers his composure in the ring, we head backstage where Dok Hendrix is standing by with something we don't see very often....and that's an interview with the Texas Long Riders, along with their current partner in crime, Jesse James. It's not a long interview, but it does show one thing that the WWF fans may not have known, Jesse James has got a mouth on him. There's definitely a personality bubbling under the surface there. If he can stay clean then we just might be able to do something with him.

This is your basic hype promo, with these three men being set to meet the Son's of Samoa at In Your House....but the Samoan team are far from 100%, which these three men are happy to take the credit for, even if realistically, it's the KLiQ that dos most of the hard work. Either way, at In Your House, this trio of Outlaws promise to finish what they started, and put the Son's out of action....for good.

Quote:

VS.

It's time for tag team action now, and fresh off the heels of an impressive victory last week against the Dogs of War, the Steiner Brothers look to take out their frustration towards Ted DiBiase and his Million Dollar Corporation, when they go up against his newest acquisitions, the former Godwinns. McMahon tells us however that the Godwinns are no more, because apparently along with their new found wealth, they also discovered new identities....HoG and PiG are no more, instead we have Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight, Southern Justice.

It's certainly a breath of fresh air for the former Pig Farmers, who have spent the best part of the year wallowing in mediocrity, with no real direction....and they certainly look focused and a lot more comfortable in their new roles. Rick and Scott are still p####d and manage to toss Canterbury and Knight around a bit, but Both of these men are big guys and despite Rick and Scott's early onslaught, they do give the Steiner's a good run for their money......and speaking of money, no body has more than the Million Dollar Man.....which is why when the push comes to shove, he can afford back up like this man......

.......Psycho Sid......who comes walking down the aisle, seemingly unimpressed with his new stable mates, because he screams into the camera on his way down that he is the Master and the Ruler of the World....and he don't need no sheep farmers to help him beat up the Steiner's....(uhm, they were Pig Farmers Sid....it was right there in their names, HoG and PiG)

It doesn't look like Scott needs any help to beat up Psycho Sid either, because the moment he sees him in the aisle, the man with the largest arms in the world drops off the apron and charges at the giant, nailing him with right hand after right hand that drives the so called Master and Ruler of the World back up to the entrance way. Unfortunately this leaves his brother alone in the ring, where Mark Canterbury is able to put him down and out with the inverted DDT. Scott sees this and charges back down the aisle, but he's not quick enough to break up the pinfall, and Southern Justice pick up a big victory on their first try.

Winner(s): Southern Justice

Quote:

Following that impressive victory for Southern Justice, we head to the back, or the top....or below......it's really quite difficult to determine the location, considering how dark the area is.....what we CAN see however is Mankind, who sits crosslegged on a concrete floor and backed by a brick wall, with a labyrinth of pipes surrounding him. He looks directly into the camera for a moment, before finally averting his eyes and beginning to speak.

".....all my life, all I've ever wanted to do was to fit in......to feel accepted.....to be part of something.....anything......but even as a child I knew I was different.....pain never seemed to affect me they way that it did others.....my pain, your pain, it didn't matter....none of it made me feel anything.....and when you're numb to the pains of life, you're also numb to the pleasures that come with it.....I tried to make friends.....I tried to be normal....but no one liked the normal Mankind.....they all wanted the freak.....the attraction.....the man who would throw himself off the roof of his own garage, JUST FOR THEIR AMUSEMENT!!!.....For their amusement and for their approval.....but it never came.....no one ever truly accepts the freaks of the world.........

.......when I first came to the World Wrestling Federation, I knew things would be the same......the same freak that no one likes.....the same attraction that no one wants......but then I met Kane......and Uncle Jimmy......and there I thought I finally found a home......a family.......PEOPLE THAT WOULD FINALLY ACCEPT ME FOR ME!!!.....how wrong I was......even to the freaks of the world I'm still an outcast.....a tool......something for their amusement.....for their suffering.....to be used and picked up and put down at will......to be used to suffer so that they don't have to......well if that's the price I have to pay for a family.....for a home.....then I guess I don't have much choice do I now.......Undertaker, you locked me in your casket once before.....you won't do it again......the casket match might be your baby, but I'm going to show you that when it comes to acts of depravity, I'm the Daddy around here......because if I have to suffer for your sins.....to make your family my family.......then it's not going to be me that's left to Rest in Peace.....it's going to be you Deadman......have a nice day."

With that Mankind commences his rocking, pulling at his hair and making squealing sounds, when all at once he comes to a stop.....and even in the gloom of the darkened room we can see a shadow fall over him, as he looks up at presumably a figure that has entered. Mankind pauses for a moment, before a half smile appears on his face.....it's not a happy smile, more of a smile of acknowledgement, before he tells his visitor that it's "....been a while...."

The camera pans back to reveal the figure of Raven, who stands stoically over Mankind. He pauses for a moment before dropping to his knees in front of the deranged one, telling him that.....

"......it's good to see you Mick......it's been a long time......you know, it's a funny thing.....sometimes a man can travel the world over looking for acceptance....for belonging...........for a family.....when sometimes, all you really have to do.......is come home"

Raven reaches out and places an item on Mankind's lap, before standing up and walking out of shot. Mankind lifts the white item up (which appears to be an old t-shirt) and stares at it, while the camera zooms in onto the object of his attention.....

Quote:

VS.

We go back to the ring now, where it's time for the semi main event of the evening, as we see Ahmed Johnson squaring off against the KLiQ once again, this time in the form of Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Ahmed is currently gunning for Scott Hall, after falling victim to the Razor's Edge a few weeks back on Raw. He got a modicum of revenge last week, teaming with Chris Jericho to defeat Hall and Nash, but how well he will fare against Helmsley is anyone's guess.

Helmsley on the other hand, while he SHOULD be focused on the British Bulldog and regaining the intercontinental Championship, he has recently become sidetracked by the re-emergence of Sunny's former "client" Skip.....whether that was playing on his mind for the duration of this match was anyone's guess, but Helmsley certainly seemed distracted, often looking for attacks from the crowd that simply never came.......whatever the problem was it wound up costing him the match, because after his impressive victory last week, Ahmed put Hunter away here tonight with the Pearl River Plunge, as his quest of vengeance against the KLiQ continued.

Winner: Ahmed Johnson

Quote:

Helmsley might think he's having a bad night now, but it's about to get a whole lot worse.....because out of the crowd, finally that attack comes.....when Skip jumps the barrier and picks a steel chair up on his way into the ring. Sunny is the first to see him, and let's out a scream that prompts Helmsley to turn around......and eat a chair shot, right between the eyes.

Hunter is down and seemingly out, and Sunny drops to her knees (not for the first time I'm sure *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*) to tend to him. Skip grabs a microphone, and because he's not exactly known for his promo ability, cuts right to the chase.....he says first of all, people can stop calling him Skip....Skip died the day Sunny left him for this sorry mess on the mat. He says that his name is Chris Candido, before telling an unconscious Helmsley (who I'm sure will hear this on a replay) that he's right, the day he took Sunny away from him, he took everything.......so if Helmsley wants his career, then he can have that too, because as far as Candido is concerned, he has nothing left to lose........BUT..........since Hunter took the only thing away from him that he ever loved.........then Helmsley has to put the only thing that HE ever loved up too........as well as the only thing Sunny ever loved........

".....so it's pretty simple.......Hunter Hearst Helmsley, vs Chris Candido at In Your House......you win, that's it, I'm gone......out of the WWF forever, leaving you and Sunny to sail off happily into the sunset........but if I win........then YOU are out of the WWF for good.......no more KLiQ for you, no more Triple H, no more Sunny, no more lording it over the little guy.........just Hunter Hearst Helmsley, trying his best not to let the door hit him on the ass on his way out of it.........my career, vs your career......and that money grabbing b###h's meal ticket......let me know if you've got the balls to accept, or whether you keep them in Sunny's purse nowadays......"

With that Candido drops the mic and returns back to the crowd, while Sunny screams after him that he's lost his damn mind.

Quote:

We come back from a commercial break, where Vince McMahon introduces a good old fashioned satellite interview, featuring Bret and Owen from location in Canada, while Steve Austin and Brian Pillman appear to be broadcasting from some dive bar in god knows where. The Harts are surrounded by Wrestling memorabilia, while the Tag Team Champions are surrounded by empty beer glasses.....in fact an empty pitcher is sat upside down on top of one of the Championship belts.

Bret starts the interview, saying that this is a perfect example of what he was talking about a few weeks ago....respect and tradition has been replaced by beer swilling rednecks, who use prestigious Championships as a beer coaster. Hart says that those Titles have been held by some of the greatest tag teams of all time......in fact Bret and Owen have both been proud holders of those Championships on separate occasions.....but come In Your House, they will be able to put the icing on the cake, when the Hart Brothers finally win the gold together.

Austin and Pillman are typically unimpressed.....calling the Bret a dinosaur.....the last of a dying breed.....he says the only thing people give a damn about now, is about who's the baddest son of a bitch in the room.....he says that no one gives a damn about "tradition" and "respect", spitting the words out like they leave a bad taste in his mouth......all people want to see, is people getting their ass whipped, and don't no one whip ass like Stone Cold Steve Austin, and that's the bottom line.

Owen says that it doesn't matter how tough Austin thinks he is, or how crazy Pillman claims to be.....he says at the end of the day, when they climb between those ropes at In Your House, it will be for a wrestling match....not a fight, not some bar room brawl.....a wrestling match.....and no one knows wrestling, like the Hart Family.

Pillman pipes in here, saying no one knows how to bitch and moan like the Hart Family. Pillman says that unless they forgot, he trained in the Dungeon too.......and the only thing he learned from that rat infested dump, was how to take a bump without landing in cat p##s.....he says that people talk about the Dungeon like its sacred ground, and Stu Hart is some mighty deity.....when in reality, the boys have to wrestle the roaches for a dry towel, and Stu Hart is nothing more than an old man, trying his best not to s##t his adult diapers.....

From there things descend into a shouting match (as they often do) with both teams throwing insults and threats at each other. McMahon eventually has to bring the segment to an end, saying that the two teams will be able to do their talking in the ring in less than two weeks time.....things have certainly heated up between these four men.

Quote:

VS.

It's time for the main event of the evening, and a big, big test for young Chris Jericho.....it's his first televised main event, less than two weeks away from his first Pay Per View main event.....and to be fair, he couldn't have a better opponent.....because so long as Scott Hall turns up straight and sober, he is still one of the best workers to lace up his boots.....thankfully tonight he seems to have bypassed the bar on his way to work, because he gives Jericho a hell of a match.

The commentators play up the fact that Hall is keen for revenge against the young upstart who embarrassed him last week, when he pinned his shoulders to the mat clean as a whistle....while Jericho will be looking to capitalise on that victory with another win over the KLiQ, ahead of his shot at their leader Shawn Michaels.....and his WWF Championship. Lawler questions the whereabouts of the rest of the KLiQ, stating that they are usually at ringside to help their guys get the win. It turns out that winning this one was less important than teaching Lionheart a lesson though.....because following a near fall attempt by Jericho we are treated to a split screen shot of the action in the ring....as well as the action in the back, where Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman and Justin Credible are standing over a fallen Ahmed Johnson. Nash has an aluminium baseball bat in his hand, which he drops to the floor with a metallic clatter.

Back in the ring and Jericho has firmly taken control in this one.....but with Scott Hall locked in the Liontamer, the entire KLiQ (with the exception of Triple H and Sunny) come running down the aisle and into the ring, where Nash breaks the hold up with a big boot.....leaving the official no choice other than to call for the bell.

Winner: Chris Jericho (via Disqualification)

Quote:

Nash continues to pound on Jericho, and the rest of the KLiQ soon join in, leaving Shawn Michaels to look on in the background. He takes the WWF Championship from around his waist and lays it out on the mat in front of him. He orders a stop to the beating, telling Jericho that his prize is right in front of him, all he has to do is take it. Slowly Jericho pushes himself up to all fours and begins to claw his way towards the Heartbreak Kid, and towards the richest prize in the game, the World Wrestling Federation Championship.

He finally reaches his destination and he stares down at the gold plate of the Winged Eagle belt in front of him.....he reaches out and brushes his fingers over the prize for the briefest of seconds......before lunging his body upwards, using the momentum to swinging his fist right between the legs of the Heartbreak Kid. Michaels collapses in pain, clutching his groin.....but if Jericho was in trouble before, he's in even worse trouble now, as the KLiQ immediately pounce on the youngster, again serving him a savage beating while the WWF Champion tries to pull himself back to his feet.

Jericho is pulled to a kneeling position and held in place for the killing blow. Shawn, finally somewhat recovered, begins to tune up the band, but two stomps of the mat into it and he's clutching at his groin again. He's clearly in too much pain to be kicking anyone, and tells Nash to ".....just stick him....." instead. Big Sexy is only too happy to oblige, whipping Lionheart high up in the air, before crashing him back down to the mat with a huge Jacknife....leaving the show to go off the air with the KLiQ once again standing tall.

Final Rating: B+

Unread 08-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Low Minors

The biggest news for me this week was the fact that Sean Waltman put pen to paper on another three years with the WWF. He let pretty much everyone know that he would be stupid to leave now when he's part of the hottest thing in wrestling today, the KLiQ....and he gets to hang out with his buddies to boot.......yeah ok Sean, I'm sure the fat pay rise had nothing to do with it. Both Steve McMichael and Tony Schiavone re-signed with the competition this week, although to be fair we didn't even make a move for either man. McMichael has a good mouth on him, but he can't work a lick.....Schiavone, I like Tony.....and he's a fantastic announcer, I just don't see him fitting in at the announce desk here.

WCW held their annual Fall Brawl event this week.....without a War Games match in sight....instead in the main event we were treated to WCW Champion Ric Flair, defending the gold against Meng.....in a match that was TV quality at best.....and believe it or not that was the best match of the night. The Semi Main saw Diamond Dallas Page defend the US Title against the Giant......and somehow the Blue Bloods managed to defend the Tag Titles against the mammoth team of Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow.....all in all a pretty bleak show.....I'm fairly sure War Games might have made a difference, but what do I know, I'm only booking the number 2 wrestling company in the world, Bischoff must be number 1 for a reason.

Oh and in a bit of throwaway news, I tried to sign Randy Savage.....he turned me down.....on to Raw.....

Ok I'm being flippant.....I'm quite sorry that we couldn't ink a deal with the Macho Man. Even at 41 years of age he can still go.....one of the few working "Legends" that can......but he wanted to be my top earner.....and a four year deal to boot......I just couldn't justify that without having a contract riot on my hands with the rest of the boys looking for a raise.....good luck in WCW Macho....not that they book you very often.

Quote:

Preview for Monday Night Raw, Week 3, September 1996

The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Owen Hart) vs. The KLiQ (Shawn Michaels & Kevin Nash)
Comments:

Rick Steiner vs. Psycho Sid
Comments:

Chris Candido vs. Sean Waltman
Comments:

WWF Light Heavyweight Championship
Rey Mysterio vs Scorpio
Comments:

Bill DeMott vs Raven
Comments:

Unread 08-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Super Star

The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Owen Hart) vs. The KLiQ (Shawn Michaels & Kevin Nash)
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Rey Mysterio vs Scorpio
Comments:

Bill DeMott vs Raven
Comments:
Unread 08-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Low Minors

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Rey Mysterio vs Scorpio
Comments:

Bill DeMott vs Raven
Comments:
Unread 08-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Rey Mysterio vs Scorpio
Comments:

Bill DeMott vs Raven
Comments:
Unread 08-11-2017, 01:15 AM
Low Minors

The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Owen Hart)
Comments:

Psycho Sid
Comments:

Chris Candido
Comments:

Scorpio
Comments:

Raven
Comments:
Unread 08-11-2017, 01:18 AM
Rookie

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Rey Mysterio vs Scorpio
Comments:

Bill DeMott vs Raven
Comments:
Unread 08-11-2017, 06:45 AM
Living Legend

Harts
Sid
X-Pac
Mysterio
Raven
Unread 08-11-2017, 07:04 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijar View Post
Harts
Sid
X-Pac
Mysterio
Raven
Who is this X-Pac that you speak of
Unread 08-11-2017, 08:08 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by to4sty View Post
Who is this X-Pac that you speak of
The one who teams with Aldo Montoya?
Unread 08-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Hall of Fame

Really liked the foreshadowing there with Mankind and Raven... Mick is quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of your shows because he's starting what feels like a big character arc.

No Contest - Sports Entertainment Finish when the rest of the Kliq, the Blonds, Jericho, the Nation, the 1994 Dallas Cowboys, and the entire Mormon Tabernacle Choir run-in on the match.
Sycho Sid - Powerbomb City.
Chris Candido - Chris picks up a good win en route to IYH.
Rey Mysterio - Can't wait to see Faarooq talk about this one, I'm digging the Nation's story of not getting chances while others do.
Raven - At some point I think DeMott will join Raven. I can't say I was ever a fan of Bill DeMott in general, but he does work good as a brutish heel enforcer, so if he finds his way into the "not-yet-Flock" I think he could shine a little more in a better suited role.
Unread 08-13-2017, 07:54 AM

Rey Mysterio vs Scorpio

Bill DeMott vs Raven
Unread 08-15-2017, 11:16 AM
Low Minors

Week 3, September 1996
Fleet Center
ATT: 18,000
TV: 17.56

Quote:

It's Monday night.....and you know what that means....it's time for the number one wrestling show on television today.....it's time, for Monday Night Raw. The show itself opens with a brief recap of last weeks events, predominantly focusing on the show long antics of the KLiQ, from Shawn Michaels initial segment, to the closing beatdown of Chris Jericho, and everything in between......Ahmed Johnsons victory over Triple H, and the surprise career vs career challenge levied by Chris Candido afterwards. The recap ends on a shot of the KLiQ standing tall over a broken Chris Jericho and we go live to the arena, where the announcers welcome us to the show.

Vince McMahon informs us that we are just six days away from the biggest night in young Chris Jericho's short career here in the WWF, as he is going to be going one on one with the WWF Champion, the Icon, the Showstopper, the Main Event, the man that's better than the best there is.....and that man's name, is the Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels. Jim Ross adds that it would be a remarkable feat, should the youngster be able to do what no one else has done since Shawn's reign of terror began, and that's not just beat the Champion, but beat him AND take that WWF Championship from around his waist. Jerry Lawler adds that Scott Steiner came close, defeating Shawn Michaels fair and square back at the King of the Ring in June, but legal dramas and fine print got in the way of him bringing home the gold....with a bit of luck, at In Your House, Chris Jericho will finish what Scott Steiner started.....and speaking of Jericho, here he comes.....

......striding down the aisle with purpose, there's no stopping to slap hands with the fans or smile for pictures, he simply pics up a microphone, climbs into the ring, and gets a few things off his chest. Jericho might be relatively new to the WWF, less than a year into his tenure in fact, but he's grown in leaps and bounds since his debut back at the Royal Rumble, particularly in his microphone skills. The youngster is a natural talker and he uses that ability to its fullest potential here. He tells the crowd that if someone had told him a year ago that he would be headlining a World Wrestling Federation Pay Per View against Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship, he wouldn't have said it was a dream come true......competing against ANYONE for the WWF Championship would have been a dream come true, but against Shawn Michaels, it would have just made it that much sweeter....

"......see what you people don't know about me, is Shawn Michaels was one of the reasons that a skinny kid from Winnipeg in Canada, set out to be a wrestler in the first place. I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not exactly the biggest guy in the locker room......I'm not the strongest.....I'm not the tallest.....I'm not the most muscular.......(he pauses and smiles for a moment before continuing that).....I may well be the best looking, but that's not the point......it was 1990 when I packed my bags and took the long drive over to Calgary and signed up with the Hart's School of Wrestling.....see there was a tag team called The Rockers coming out here week after week on WWF TV and completely revolutionising the wrestling business.....and not just with their innovative aerial manoeuvres, or unique double team moves......they were revolutionising people's conceptions of what a professional wrestler was....and more importantly, what a professional wrestler looked like.....neither Marty Jannetty or Shawn Michaels were 6'6....neither man weighed 300lbs.....but they were still in here, week in and week out, wrestling men sometimes twice their size, and successfully too I may add.....

.....now I'm not gonna lie, the day you turned your back on Marty Jannetty, and drove his head through that Barber Shop window, I was just as disappointed in you as any other fan.....but at the same time, a part of me understood why you did what you did.....you'd already broken ground as a tag team wrestler, now you wanted to go out there on your own and prove that you could be a star....THE star......and because you weren't 6'6 or 300lbs, you needed to make an immediate first impression.....and boy did you ever....."

Jericho goes on to say that he's not ashamed to admit that he modelled his early career on Shawn Michaels, even making a name for himself for a while in a pretty innovative tag team of his own called the Thrill Seekers....but just like Michaels, in his heart his only dream was to be the World Champion.....and to be competing for that World Championship against the Heartbreak Kid......WOULD.....have been a dream come true......

"......but instead of facing Shawn Michaels, the Heartbreak Kid.....the ground breaker.....the trailblazer.......I get to step into that ring with Shawn Michaels, the KLiQ coward......I get to step into that ring with a man more interested in breaking rules than breaking ground........a man who is happier to hide behind his OWN giant, Kevin Nash, than to slay them like he once did......a man who would rather stand back and watch his five little buddies do all the hard work, then swoop in like a vulture to pick the bones......make no mistake about it, I WILL step into this ring on Sunday and compete for the World Wrestling Federation Championship......I WILL step in this ring and wrestle the match of my life against Shawn Michaels......and I WILL walk out of In Your House as the new WWF Champion.......I just wish the Shawn Michaels I was facing, was the Shawn Michaels that I USED to respect....."

Apparently the Champion has a rebuttal for the young Challenger, because he makes his way down to the ring.....surprisingly alone....

"......thanks for the history lesson kid.....and since you were so kind as to give me and all these people a history lesson, let me return the favour with a little lesson of my own.....a life lesson if you will.....because in this life, whenever you can stand up and truly call yourself an innovator.....everyone and everything that follows you is nothing more than a cheap imitation.......and there's nothing wrong with having icons to look up to.....hell, I had icons of my own......but I didn't become the World Wrestling Federation Champion by being a poor man's anybody else.......I became the World Wrestling Federation Champion, by being the very best......better than the best there is remember......the very best Shawn Michaels, that I could be.......

.......and I don't need a little walk down memory lane....I don't need a history lesson on the life of Shawn Michaels, because I was there....I lived it.....I lived through the mockery, because I wasn't 6'6.....because I didn't have 24 inch pythons "brother"......because no ones going to pay to see a scrawny little pretty boy like me "dude"......I lived through all that.....all the ass kickings, all the insurmountable odds and the immovable objects......and guess what, I lived through to the other side, because I would do WHATEVER it takes to get to the top, be that putting my body on the line night in and night out.....or surrounding myself with the perfect circle of friends.....

......so understand this......a cheap Shawn Michaels knock off, is going to go down to the real deal, any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.....you can come out here and whine that I'm not the man you idolised.....that I don't have your respect....I don't give a damn.....because what I DO have, is the World Wrestling Federation Championship, and that's not going to change anytime soon.....especially, against a scrub like you......

The two then begin trading verbal blows.....Jericho says that Michaels has forgot how to be the best, without the KLiQ backing him up....Michaels tells Jericho that he didn't need the KLiQ to beat Bret Hart last month at Summerslam, he certainly won't need them to beat him......Michaels says that he could have the KLiQ down here with him right now.....but he doesn't need to.....he tells Chris that he gets a pass tonight, stay out of Shawn's way.....stay out of the KLiQ's way, and you just might make it to In Your House in one piece.....GET in our way however......and what happened to Marty Jannetty on the Barber Shop, will be NOTHING compared to what happens to you.

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.

Speaking of the KLiQ, Shawn Michaels may have made his way to the back, but Sean Waltman is out now, and ready to step into the ring against a man who may very well be competing in both his first AND his last match this year, should Hunter Hearst Helmsley decide to accept his career vs career, loser leaves the WWF challenge....and that mans name is Chris Candido. These two men's styles actually mesh really well, and they put on a hell of a match to open the show.

They have a hard fought, back and forth battle, with both men coming close to picking up the victory on a number of occasions. In the end it comes down to something rather spectacular to finish this one off.....because with Candido positioned on the top rope looking for a missile dropkick, Waltman takes his legs out from under him, dropping him to a seated position on the turnbuckle. Waltman climbs up and attempts to hit a top rope hurricanrana, but at the last second the former Body Donna is able to reverse it into a Powerbomb......and from that height Waltman was never going to kick out.....big win for Chris Candido on his first Monday Night Raw showing of 1996......

Winner: Chris Candido
Rating: B-

Quote:

.......the question is, will it be his last? Because before he has even had chance to celebrate, Triple H has appeared at ringside, dragging Candido out to the floor, where he gets harshly introduced to the steel ring steps. Helmsley rolls his adversary back under the bottom rope, then follows behind him, dragging him to the middle of the ring and laying him out with a Pedigree for good measure. Sunny walks over to Hunter and drapes an arm over his shoulder, before handing him a microphone.

He calls Candido a stupid son of a bitch, tells him that he could have just quietly come back to the WWF, happily gone about his business, and continued to admire Sunny from afar......but still been gainfully employed.....instead, you decided to come back and stick your nose in OUR lives.....and then, you have the audacity to challenge ME to a match.....career vs career......do you not know who I am? He tells Candido that if he wants to throw his life away over a dame, then that's fine by him......"because I already took your woman.........at In Your House, I accept your challenge.......and I'm gonna take your whole damn life too."

Quote:

VS.

It's straight to the next match following that revelation, that long opening segment really ate into the none wrestling portion of the rest of the night, but when Shawn Michaels get to talking, it's hard to get him to stop.

As for the next match, it features the in ring debut of a man by the name of Raven, who the commentators spend a good portion of the match discussing......discussing and speculating on exactly what history this charismatic newcomer shares with the deranged Mankind. His opponent tonight, is the man somewhat responsible for the emergence of Raven to begin with.....apparent former disciple who went against his masters orders (despite the fact that he appears to be terrified of him) Bill DeMott.

This match is pretty good all things considered. DeMott might not be the most spectacular worker in the world, but he has the basics down and is solid enough.......the same can be said for Raven, because what he lacks in ability he makes up for with sheer psychology......that and he has a presence on screen which demands attention. DeMott puts up a good fight, but Raven is accompanied by his merry band of followers, none of which interject themselves in the match at any time, but their presence is enough to unnerve poor giggling Bill, who eats a DDT which the announcers inform us Raven calls The Evenflow.....that's enough for the three count, DeMott is done.

Winner: Raven
Rating: C+

Quote:

With the match over, Raven's followers climb slowly into the ring and surround the fallen DeMott, while Raven takes a microphone.....

"....they say you can't choose your family.....but you can choose your friends.....I say, if you choose wisely, friend and family can soon be one and the same......see that's what you fail to understand Al Snow.....that's why Bill DeMotts betrayal cut me so deep.....because every man you see around me right now.....I took them from the brink of loneliness and despair....and offered them a sense of belonging.....I offered acceptance.....a home......because that is my sacrifice.......I take the lost souls of this world.....ANY lost soul......anyone who is missing a sense of purpose.....anyone who is walking alone in the dark......and I shine a light onto the path, that leads them to me.....that leads them.....home.......

......but sacrifice is a funny thing Al, sometimes your sacrifice is in vein....sometimes your sacrifice is for naught......And sometimes.....sometimes you need to sacrifice something that only matters to you......in order to offer something that matters more to someone else.....

Doink and the Fallen Angel pick DeMott up to his feet at this point, while the Dogs of War both stand in front of him, each with a hand wrapped around DeMotts throat.....

.......which brings Al Snow running down the aisle.....but before he can get into the ring, Raven tells him to stop......

".....before my Dog's of War send poor Bill here on a short trip, with a bad landing........as I was saying.....sometimes you need to sacrifice, for the good of another......just how far are you willing to go, to save your new found friend Al? You see by my count, there's five of us......and only two of you......and Bill here, he's already been taken out of the equation.......so you can come into this ring right now......try to stop the inevitable......and we can obliterate the two of you...........OR.............you can make the ultimate sacrifice......climb into this ring.........and take Bill DeMotts place........and you have my word that no further punishment will be inflicted on the simpleton..........heh, tonight anyway.......so what's it to be Al?"

DeMott feebly protests, telling Snow not to do it, but a right hand by Crush both shuts him up....and brings Snow into the ring, reluctantly accepting Raven's offer. The Dogs of War quickly throw DeMott to the outside and clutch Snow around the throat, delivering a hellacious Double Chokeslam to the willing victim. No sooner has he crashed to the mat, when Doink and Daniels begin stomping the voices right out of Al's skull.....before Raven finally calls a halt to the assault, telling Snow that.....

"........well done Al.....very selfless of you.....and never let it be said that I am not a man of my word......the fool is safe for another night......as for you.....my door is always open, for a man willing to sacrifice for his beliefs.....but if you continue to deny me.....then at In Your House.....you will learn the true meaning, of the word sacrifice......Quote the Raven, Nevermore....."

Quote:

Following that we head to a pre recorded promo package.....neither the Hardy Boys, not the Legion of Doom have seen much action since both teams tasted defeat at the hands of Kane and Mankind......in fact the last time they were seen, Hawk and Animal were convincing the young brothers to abandon their suicide mission of constantly attacking Jim Cornettes Monsters, to instead continue their tutelage under the LoD.....tutelage which had already begun to see dividends, as the Hardys went on to pick up their first televised victories.

What we have here is basically spliced footage of the last few weeks worth of training footage, where Hawk and Animal are putting young Matt and Jeff to work in an old gym, empty and abandoned save for a battered old wrestling ring that is set up in the middle of the room. The Legion of Doom are treating the Hardys to a taste of what the stars of Georgia and the AWA had to cope with on a nightly basis, as the brutalise the brothers.....much as we saw against Kane and Mankind however, no matter how battered and bruised the pair are, they keep coming back for more.......although how much those young bodies can actually take remains to be seen.....watch this space.....

Quote:

It's time for Dok Hendrix's first call to action now, as we head backstage to a quick promo with the Nation of Domination, ahead of Scorpio's Light Heavyweight Title opportunity which is coming up next. Faarooq says that it's about damn time that the Nation got some recognition for their hard work around here.....Scorpio beat that whack job Al Snow last week, this week he has a Light Heavyweight Title opportunity, and an opportunity is all he needs.....and then in six days time, when Faarooq takes back HIS Intercontinental Championship, all they will need is one shot at the Tag Team Titles to complete a full house.

Quote:

VS.

It's time for Rey Mysterio's second title defence of his short reign, and it's against a challenger in Scorpio who knows exactly what it takes to hold that gold, because he was the inaugural Light Heavyweight Champion here in the WWF, winning it back at the Royal Rumble. He's not without back up either, because the rest of the Nation join him at ringside, with Faarooq taking a seat at the commentary table, giving him ample opportunity to complain about the unfavourable treatment that he believes he and his cohorts receive.

Considering the fact that both he and Scorpio have title opportunities in the same week, you would think he would have something positive to say.....unfortunately this is the WWF, and as you know by now, anything can happen.....Mysterio and Scorpio put on an excellent showing for the Light Heavyweight division, which is really gathering steam at the moment......and Scorpio came within a hairs width of becoming the first two time title holder in this Championships short history.....the finish came however, not as a result of Rey.....or Scorpio......or even the Nation of Domination.....

......but as a result of this man, former Light Heavyweight Champion Sean Waltman.....who comes running down the aisle just as Mysterio is perched on the top rope....jumps onto the ring apron.....and shoves the little luchador, sending him flying to the outside, where he crashes into Kama and Nelson on the floor, right in front of the referee, who has little choice but to call for the bell.

Winner: ....and Still WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Rey Mysterio (via Disqualification)

Quote:

As quick as he arrives, Sean Waltman leaves again, shouting into a nearby camera that Mysterio isn't the Champion.....he's the Champion....as he heads to the back. Faarooq on the other hand is outraged at the announce desk, and throws his headset down in disgust, before picking up a microphone.....

".......see this is exactly what I've been saying for months around here....they go out of their way to make sure that the Nation of Domination don't get a fair shot.....and then when we DO have a fair shot, they STILL find a way to screw a brother over....that's why Faarooq lost the Intercontinental Championship without being pinned....and that's why they sent Sean Waltman out here tonight....because they know full well that when it comes down to a fight.....a FAIR fight.....the Nation of Domination is always gonna come out on top......well that's fine......if that's the way you want to play it.....we don't have to fight fair either......by any means necessary....."

The second the catchphrase leaves his lips, almost like a Pavlovian response, Kama, Nelson and Scorpio begin beating the snot out of little Rey Mysterio.....who is out sized, out weighed, and most definitely out numbered. They roll Rey back into the ring and all four men follow him inside, where it looks as though Faarooq is going to hit him with the Domimator.......

........when The Hart Foundation....the group who's good name has been sullied on a weekly basis by Faarooq and the Nation.....come running down to the ring. The Bulldog makes a beeline for his In Your House opponent Faarooq....while Bret and Owen hold off Kama, Nelson and Scorpio long enough for Mysterio to get back into the action. Together the four men are able to fight off the Nation, who decide that retreat is the best option today, as they bail to the back to safety.

Quote:

We head once again to Dok Hendrix in the back, this time along with Ted DiBiase and his Million Dollar Corporation of Psycho Sid, Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight. Hendrix says that on Sunday, Psycho Sid will be going one on one with Scott Steiner.....but tonight, it's Rick that Sid will be going up against. DiBiase answers for Sid, telling Hendrix that it doesn't matter if it's Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, or their fat Momma Steiner, the result is going to be the same......and that's the Million Dollar Corporation coming out on the winning side. The Steiner's might think they are big and bad....but these three men here are bigger, badder and have better financial backing......because at the end of the day, the Million Dollar Man, always picks a winning side.

Sid surprisingly interjects here, telling his manager that the Million Dollar Man doesn't need a side to beat the Steiner's......he doesn't need a Corporation, and he certainly doesn't need farmers.....all the Million Dollar Man needs, is The Master and Ruler of the World.....so do everyone a favour, and keep the "help" in the back.

With that Sid walks off in search of his opponent, leaving DiBiase with a less than pleased look on his face, clearly not impressed with having his clients question his decisions in public.

Quote:

VS.

Sid storms to the ring with a look of angry determination on his face for this one, clearly no pleased that his manager has felt the need to invest in some new toys for his Corporation and looking to show the world why Psycho Sid doesn't need any backup. Rick on the other hand does bring some back up with him, in the form of his brother Scott, Sid's opponent in just six days.

Considering the workers involved, these two men actually have a pretty decent match, with Sid having plenty of verbal sparring with Scott down on the floor. The biggest question of the match was whether or not Psycho Sid needed that back up that Ted DiBiase was so desperate to provide.....and it was a question that we never really got an answer too. Because during one of his frequent visits to the floor to exchange words with Scott Steiner (unbeknown to Sid) DiBiase frantically motions to Mark Canterbury to make his way down to the ring, sneaking in behind the officials back, and dropping Rick with the Inverted DDT, before escaping like a thief in the night, damage done.

Neither Sid nor Scott realise the impact that Canterbury has had on the match....all Sid knows is that Rick is down and prime for a Powerbomb. Sid never takes his eyes off Scott Steiner, as he drives his brother into the mat, screaming at him that "you're staring at your future, boy", before covering for the one, the two, and the three.

Winner: Psycho Sid

Quote:

After that entertaining little match, we are treated to a promo package featuring Mankind and The Undertaker. Mankind is sat in another dark undisclosed location, while the Undertaker is seen in his funeral parlour, putting the finishing touches on a custom casket for Sunday night. Mankind spends the duration of the clip talking about being willing to sacrifice everything.....and do anything.....to finally find acceptance. About the fact that he has spent his whole life suffering in an attempt to fit in.....which means there is NOTHING that the Undertaker can do to him, that hasn't been done before.

The Undertaker doesn't say much.....at least until he has put the finishing touches on his creation....at which point we are treated to a duelling promo of sorts, which each man offering a brief line of dialog, which the other counters, starting with The Undertaker, who tells us that......

".....on Sunday Night......."

And countered with Mankinds.....

"......on Sunday Night......."

"......I will do whatever it takes........"

"......I will do whatever it takes........"

"......I will sink to any depth......."

"......I will sink to any depth......."

"......to come face to face with the family......"

"......for the good of my family......"

".........that destroyed my home........."

".............to give me a home..............."

"........and then I can finally find........."

"........and then I can finally find........."

"...............what I truly desire.............."

"..............what I truly desire..............."

"....................vengeance..................."

"...................acceptance..................."

"............you will Rest in Peace.........."

"................have a nice day................"

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.

It's time for the main event of the evening.....and there's plenty of bad blood in this one, as The Hart Foundation face off once again against The KLiQ. Bret and Owen might be brothers, but Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash have accomplished something together that the Hart Brothers never have.....and that's hold the WWF Tag Team Championships......twice actually. Of course that could well change in just six days time, when the Harts face off against Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Loose Cannon Brian Pillman, as the two teams clash over the gold.

This match was all in all a little bit of a letdown.....but to be fair, that was partially my fault for expecting it to follow the Mankind/Undertaker promo, which the fans absolutely ate up......not that it was a bad match.....far from it.....I just expected more from the people involved.....of course the finish of the match didn't help either.......

........when Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, the Nation of Domination, the 1994 Dallas Cowboys, and the entire Mormon Tabernacle Choir run-in on the match......ok it wasn't quite that bad......but we did have the Tag Team Champions and The Nation hijack the match, with Austin and Pillman going straight for the Harts.....while the Nation....(apparently still testy from Sean Waltman costing them the Light Heavyweight Championship earlier this evening).....went right after the KLiQ......the match descends into chaos until the official finally gives up and waves the whole thing off.

Winner(s): No Contest

Quote:

The match may have descended into chaos......but it was nothing compared to the chaotic mess that followed......as the rest of the KLiQ run in to help Michaels and Nash, and the Bulldog runs down to assist Bret and Owen.....followed by Chris Candido, Ahmed Johnson and finally Chris Jericho.....never mind your Pier six brawls, this is more like a Pier sixteen brawl......it's like a Royal Rumble gone wrong as bodies fly at each other.......Bret and Owen battling with Austin and Pillman, Faarooq peeling away from the KLiQ to get it on with the Bulldog, Ahmed Johnson and Chris Candido charging Scott Hall and Triple H, Nash, Waltman and Credible exchanging blows with Kama, Nelson Knight and Scorpio.......leaving Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho free to start beating the holy hell out of each other until the locker room empties and every referee, road agent, jobber....you name it.....if they were in the back they were sent out to try and break this thing up, to little or no success, while McMahon demands that we buy the Pay Per View on Sunday, as the show signs off with no sign of the action ending any time soon for the live crowd.

Final Rating: B

Last edited by to4sty : 08-15-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Unread 08-15-2017, 11:17 AM
Low Minors

Something very strange happened this week......we beat Nitro in the ratings war......which in itself isn't strange, we've been doing that on a weekly basis for months now.......no the strange thing wasn't that we beat them.....but the fact that we absolutely destroyed them......and I mean destroyed....17.56-14.87.......that's up nearly a whole point for us and down almost a full point for them.....putting us nearly three points clear for the week........and I have no idea why.

I know we put on the better (if not somewhat disappointing) show this week.....I know we regularly put on the better show......but that's a hell of a lot of people turning WCW off and switching the WWF on.......maybe it was something to do with the main event of Nitro.....which bizarrely......incomprehensibly......saw WCW World Champion Ric Flair drop the title that he had held since December of 1995.....in a triple threat match......against Arn Anderson and Bam Bam Bigelow.....your new Champion? Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow.........yeah you saw that correctly.......Bam Bam Bigelow is the WCW World Champion.....a man who was teaming with Vader only a few weeks ago, to lose against the Blue Bloods.....is the Champion of a company which boasts the likes of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Sting, Luger.....hell even the Warrior would have been a better choice......his tag team partner Vader would have been a better choice. Not that Bam Bam is a bad worker, far from it......but World Champion? You tell me......but according to the ratings, he ain't gonna put butts in seats......what SHOULD put butts in seats however, is the September offering of In Your House.....and it's coming up....next.

Quote:

Preview for In Your House, Week 3, September 1996

World Wrestling Federation Championship
Shawn Michaels (c) vs. Chris Jericho
Comments:

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship
The British Bulldog (c) vs. Faarooq
Comments:

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championships
Steve Austin & Brian Pillman (c) vs. The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Owen Hart)
Comments:

Casket Match
The Undertaker vs. Mankind
Comments:

Loser Leaves The WWF
Chris Candido vs. Triple H
Comments:

Scott Steiner vs Psycho Sid
Comments:

Ahmed Johnson vs. Scott Hall
Comments:

Al Snow vs. Raven
Comments:

The Son's of Samoa (Rikishi, Kokina & Rocky Maivia) vs. The Texas Long Riders & Jesse James
Comments:

Unread 08-15-2017, 03:05 PM
Low Minors

World Wrestling Federation Championship
Shawn Michaels (c) vs. Chris Jericho
Comments:

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship
The British Bulldog (c) vs. Faarooq
Comments:

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championships
Steve Austin & Brian Pillman (c) vs. The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Owen Hart)
Comments:

Casket Match
The Undertaker vs. Mankind
Comments:

Loser Leaves The WWF
Chris Candido vs. Triple H
Comments:

Scott Steiner vs Psycho Sid
Comments:

Ahmed Johnson vs. Scott Hall
Comments:

Al Snow vs. Raven
Comments:

The Son's of Samoa (Rikishi, Kokina & Rocky Maivia) vs. The Texas Long Riders & Jesse James
Comments: