Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-02-2017, 11:07 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
15. Height and type of body (muscular, ripped, fat etc) importance short be an option in the Eras tab. For example there is no penalty for pushing a skinny twig to the top while playing in 1980. The fans wouldn't of bought someone like that as a top guy in 1980.
I don't entirely agree with this - it's dependent on more than just the era, and varies depending on the promotion, the promoter, the territory, just as much. If you were only familiar with the WWF's main event scene in the mid-80s, you could easily look at someone like Dusty Rhodes and say, "he would never main event in 1985".

This should come down to booker/owner preferences, and to a promotion's content - defining it by era is too broad a stroke for me.

Quote:
3. The option for a worker to still be champion even if they leave the company.
In what sense? I'm struggling to come up with a real world analogy for this, short of wrestlers holding companies to ransom for more money, or trying to leave with the belt - think Jarrett as Intercontinental Champion on his way out of the WWF, or Brock Lesnar taking the IWGP title to IGF. I suppose those could be potential events to deal with in-game, with the likelihood of it happening determined by your relationship with the worker, and their personality. Almost the opposite of the screwjob!

Is this what you had in mind, or something else?

Quote:
I would like the option for the user to manually decide if someone should go into The Hall of Immortals.
Does this not already exist?
Unread 11-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Minor League

Quote:
I don't entirely agree with this - it's dependent on more than just the era, and varies depending on the promotion, the promoter, the territory, just as much. If you were only familiar with the WWF's main event scene in the mid-80s, you could easily look at someone like Dusty Rhodes and say, "he would never main event in 1985".

This should come down to booker/owner preferences, and to a promotion's content - defining it by era is too broad a stroke for me.
Good point. There should be a very large penalty, for example, if you're playing WWF in the 80s and push a skinny twig as your main guy. There also should be a bonus if someone like Warrior is your top guy. Maybe you could put size importance as an option in the company product section.

Quote:
In what sense? I'm struggling to come up with a real world analogy for this, short of wrestlers holding companies to ransom for more money, or trying to leave with the belt - think Jarrett as Intercontinental Champion on his way out of the WWF, or Brock Lesnar taking the IWGP title to IGF. I suppose those could be potential events to deal with in-game, with the likelihood of it happening determined by your relationship with the worker, and their personality. Almost the opposite of the screwjob!

Is this what you had in mind, or something else?
I wanted to have a hardcore title, but I only wanted to use the hardcore specific guys once in a while in hardcore matches so I wanted to get them from talent loans, and not official members of the roster. I realized that I could just use a points system and top 2 in points at end of year face each other for hardcore trophy. This suggestion wasn't important.

Quote:
Does this not already exist?
You can put someone in the Hall of Immortals before you play a save, but not during a save. You have no control over the Hall of Immortals during a save. I edited that suggestion to explain that just now.
Unread 11-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Low Minors

Hey, I really enjoy playing TEW it is really a great game!

I would like to add a idea of mine regarding narratives in games.

Maybe Pre-set owner goals: would be a good thing.

Now for example, when I play as booker I get owner goals like: donīt hire any criminals. When I play a fed like DIW a good chunk of my guys are criminals. This means that I cannot resign them to another deal.

Furthermore, this allows for interesting scenarios, like presetting for WWE that you need to get so and so over, or a owner tells his booker to establish a womens division in a company, maybe even a goal for international expansion like "increase pop in UK by 20" it can get pretty creative
Unread 11-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooljazz123 View Post
Hey, I really enjoy playing TEW it is really a great game!

I would like to add a idea of mine regarding narratives in games.

Maybe Pre-set owner goals: would be a good thing.

Now for example, when I play as booker I get owner goals like: donīt hire any criminals. When I play a fed like DIW a good chunk of my guys are criminals. This means that I cannot resign them to another deal.

Furthermore, this allows for interesting scenarios, like presetting for WWE that you need to get so and so over, or a owner tells his booker to establish a womens division in a company, maybe even a goal for international expansion like "increase pop in UK by 20" it can get pretty creative
I like the preset owner goals idea. I don't think it needs to be an advanced narrative though. Could probably be a separate feature.
Unread 11-13-2017, 08:48 PM
Minor League

19. This probably isn't needed. I don't understand when you play a database that a company has more then 1 ref. There is no need unless you want to pay that much for a good backstage guy. Then it got me thinking how wrestling companies have multiple refs on their roster. I guess if 1 ref is used a lot maybe they lose a little bit of focus like picking up on injuries? Maybe this could be added in if you run a lot of shows or really bit shows while using just 1 ref.

20. New Japan has had shows where CMLL and ROH guys will defend their company's title on the regular New Japan show. New Japan has a working relationship with both companies. Usually the matches are against wrestlers from the same company as the champion, but not always. Titles rarely change hands in these matches. This is different then an alliance title because these are the company's regular belts. Maybe this could happen with TEW in rare circumstances if both companies are OK with it, and if they have a worker relationship together? Owner personality would decide that. Company of belt would have final say in the result of the match.

21. Having the AI suggest talent trades to the user.

22. This might already be in. If you use a worker in too many angles over an extended period of time then the crowd will get sick of them. I know this is in the game for low popularity guys but I would want it for everyone. Obviously really popular guys the fans would have a higher tolerance for. I'm suggesting this because of how easy it is to create generic angles like video package all over the show with your most over workers to boost a show grade.

23. I can't remember the exact number of minutes, I believe it is 1 to 4 minutes, these angles are capped based on the short length. I don't understand why anyone would make segments on this length. I don't see a benefit. I would get rid of the capping penalty.

24. With the new backstage segment additions I feel like the company you are playing with creates a lot more relationships with its workers compared to the AI companies. This is especially true with the user character compared to the AI bookers. I would either increase the relationship frequency with the AI companies or decrease relationship frequency with the user's company.

Last edited by Azul : 11-13-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Unread 11-14-2017, 12:49 AM
Phenom

I agree about the refs. Its not much purpose of using multiple refs, ts just a game of picking the guy with the highest rating. Should be a little more depth than that IMO. Same for road agents to an extent.
Unread 11-14-2017, 01:04 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I agree about the refs. Its not much purpose of using multiple refs, ts just a game of picking the guy with the highest rating. Should be a little more depth than that IMO. Same for road agents to an extent.
Interesting, I didn't think I would get comments on that suggestion. You bring up a good point. When hiring wrestlers you look at multiple things.

25. I realize there are too many changes between versions of TEW to allow people to continue their saved game in an older version of TEW. It would be cool though if you could keep ratings, fog of war, potential, announcing experience, and tag experience from a previous TEW game to the newer version of TEW. These things usually don't change in new versions of the game.
Unread 11-14-2017, 10:53 AM
All Star

Quote:
19. This probably isn't needed. I don't understand when you play a database that a company has more then 1 ref. There is no need unless you want to pay that much for a good backstage guy. Then it got me thinking how wrestling companies have multiple refs on their roster. I guess if 1 ref is used a lot maybe they lose a little bit of focus like picking up on injuries? Maybe this could be added in if you run a lot of shows or really bit shows while using just 1 ref.
How many times you turn on WWE and you only see one ref throughout the show? Are you saying turn the penalty off from looking amateurish?

Quote:
22. This might already be in. If you use a worker in too many angles over an extended period of time then the crowd will get sick of them. I know this is in the game for low popularity guys but I would want it for everyone. Obviously really popular guys the fans would have a higher tolerance for. I'm suggesting this because of how easy it is to create generic angles like video package all over the show with your most over workers to boost a show grade.
For small companies this would really murder them. Imagine only having 4 main eventers when you enact this penalty?

Quote:
23. I can't remember the exact number of minutes, I believe it is 1 to 4 minutes, these angles are capped based on the short length. I don't understand why anyone would make segments on this length. I don't see a benefit. I would get rid of the capping penalty.
What penalty are you talking about? Are you talking about if this is a major or minor angle? Also I book these segments all the time because they still help my undercard on practicing promos without over exposing them.

Quote:
24. With the new backstage segment additions I feel like the company you are playing with creates a lot more relationships with its workers compared to the AI companies. This is especially true with the user character compared to the AI bookers. I would either increase the relationship frequency with the AI companies or decrease relationship frequency with the user's company.
Maybe the part about the AI increasing their relationships but this is the only way most people can actually turn around a toxic backstage without firing half of the roster.

The ones I didn't say anything on is I either agreed or didn't have enough knowledge on the subject to add anything.
Unread 11-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Minor League

Response of #19:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_personnel

WWE has 17 different refs employed. In TEW there is no point in signing more then 1 ref if I was to play as WWE. New Japan usually has a few refs per show ref matches. Heck, 17 is a lot. There must be a reason they have more then 1 ref, or 1 ref per brand split show. Maybe if a ref is used too much they might loose some focus or not pick up on injuries as quickly. Having 1 ref on a show, even for a few shows in a row I think would be fine. I'm referring to someone using the same ref on tons and tons of shows in a row. Not a penalty for looking amateur but once in a while if used too much a penalty for being late or not noticing an injury with a wrestler who tries not to show the injury because they don't want to hurt the match ala what Daniel Bryan, Triple H and others have done. There are a few other rare slip ups that could happen too.

Response to #22:

I'm suggesting this because of how easy it is to create generic angles like video package all over the show with your most over workers to boost a show grade. You can have a show that will generate let's say a 80 but spam the show with tons of segments with a worker you have that consistently gets 95 angles based on overness to greatly, greatly increase your final show rating. I'm talking tons and tons of angles with them, not just a few per show. You can still use those 4 main eventers frequently, but not extremely excessively show after show after show after show.

Response to #23:

I haven't been able to be in front of my computer for a bit so I can't look it up but it is in the player's handbook. Any segment that is a few minutes (not sure exact number) gets capped on how high the rating can be for it. It can't reach its true potential rating compared to let's say a 9 minute segment with the same person. If I have a guy that almost always gets 90+ angle ratings because of their overness (not too uncommon with top workers) then there is no logical sense to use them in an angle that is a few minutes. This is not realistic as you would still use them in quick segments in real life and quick segments in real life can still be 90+.

Response to #24:

You can change the mechanics of how the backstage area rating is calculated so that you can still increase the rating to the same amount/almost same amount without the need of some of relationships that normally would be created. For example, instead of creating as many <insert type> relationships you can effect the backstage rating in almost the same way with the locker room as a whole liking/disliking an action, or if that would normally happen then increasing the effect of it on the backstage rating.
Unread 11-14-2017, 10:32 PM
All Star

Quote:
Response of #19:

WWE has 17 different refs employed. In TEW there is no point in signing more then 1 ref if I was to play as WWE. New Japan usually has a few refs per show ref matches. Heck, 17 is a lot. There must be a reason they have more then 1 ref, or 1 ref per brand split show. Maybe if a ref is used too much they might loose some focus or not pick up on injuries as quickly. Having 1 ref on a show, even for a few shows in a row I think would be fine. I'm referring to someone using the same ref on tons and tons of shows in a row. Not a penalty for looking amateur but once in a while if used too much a penalty for being late or not noticing an injury with a wrestler who tries not to show the injury because they don't want to hurt the match ala what Daniel Bryan, Triple H and others have done. There are a few other rare slip ups that could happen too.
I understand that gameplay wise it don't make too much sense but we are playing a booking simulator. Also believe it or not being a ref (atleast one that is worth its salt) requires you to have some degree of athleticism. If you ever notice they also help telling the story of the match by flinching and showing sympathy as the moves are being done. Maybe your suggestion is that they should have a bit of selling and athleticism to go along with that ref stat.

Quote:
Response to #22:

I'm suggesting this because of how easy it is to create generic angles like video package all over the show with your most over workers to boost a show grade. You can have a show that will generate let's say a 80 but spam the show with tons of segments with a worker you have that consistently gets 95 angles based on overness to greatly, greatly increase your final show rating. I'm talking tons and tons of angles with them, not just a few per show. You can still use those 4 main eventers frequently, but not extremely excessively show after show after show after show.
Only your best angle goes into the overall factor of the show grade. All the rest would be a waste of time and would be better spent telling other stories. If you mass ran video packages of your most entertaining worker throughout the show it would have more of a chance of burning out the crowd than manipulating a show grade.

Quote:
Response to #23:

I haven't been able to be in front of my computer for a bit so I can't look it up but it is in the player's handbook. Any segment that is a few minutes (not sure exact number) gets capped on how high the rating can be for it. It can't reach its true potential rating compared to let's say a 9 minute segment with the same person. If I have a guy that almost always gets 90+ angle ratings because of their overness (not too uncommon with top workers) then there is no logical sense to use them in an angle that is a few minutes. This is not realistic as you would still use them in quick segments in real life and quick segments in real life can still be 90+.
I have to say it is really difficult to floor a crowd in 4 minutes and there is probably only a handful of people on the planet that would be capable of it.

Quote:
Response to #24:

You can change the mechanics of how the backstage area rating is calculated so that you can still increase the rating to the same amount/almost same amount without the need of some of relationships that normally would be created. For example, instead of creating as many <insert type> relationships you can effect the backstage rating in almost the same way with the locker room as a whole liking/disliking an action, or if that would normally happen then increasing the effect of it on the backstage rating.
I don't know if it is lack of sleep but I read that statement multiple times and it is not coming across to me what you are trying to convey.

Edit: Ok it was definitely lack of sleep sorry for that....

Actually it is pretty realistic for guys to clique up like they do in TEW. I've been in plenty of locker rooms and it just happens. What you are suggesting also is done through doing ribs and clearing the air. I agree that the frequency of the AI companies need to be turned up a notch. I think the opposing AI bookers should also be trying to do ribs and meddle as well and it would be cool to get news stories on their successes and failures.

Last edited by K-Nection : 11-15-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Unread 12-15-2017, 05:20 PM
Minor League

Response of #19:

I understand that gameplay wise it don't make too much sense but we are playing a booking simulator. Also believe it or not being a ref (atleast one that is worth its salt) requires you to have some degree of athleticism. If you ever notice they also help telling the story of the match by flinching and showing sympathy as the moves are being done. Maybe your suggestion is that they should have a bit of selling and athleticism to go along with that ref stat.

I can see the argument that the extra ref features aren't really needed. I like the idea about the selling.

Response to #22:

Only your best angle goes into the overall factor of the show grade. All the rest would be a waste of time and would be better spent telling other stories. If you mass ran video packages of your most entertaining worker throughout the show it would have more of a chance of burning out the crowd than manipulating a show grade.

I didn't know there was a penalty for over using someone if they had enough popularity.

Response to #23:

I have to say it is really difficult to floor a crowd in 4 minutes and there is probably only a handful of people on the planet that would be capable of it.

I disagree. There have been lots of segments under 4 minutes that have floored a crowd in the history of wrestling. Off the top of my head I can think of the 30 second Shibata segment when he came back this year after that crazy headbutt.

At the very least I don't think the "capping" of a segment under 4 minutes should be so strong.

Sorry I took so long to reply.

From
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...8&postcount=12

26. If this doesn't exist already.

Someone being mad about being turned heel because of merchandise sails if they are below an A popularity.

27. If this doesn't exist already.

A worker not wanting to turn heel or face because they didn't feel comfortable playing it, or because they didn't feel they were good at it.

28. Being allowed to have more characters for bios. This would be big for mod makers, and sometimes I struggle not being able to fit everything I want into the bio. Not a big deal for me because I can use a word processing program for the full bio, but like I said I think this would really help mod makers.

29. Planned future owners of a company. For example once Vince McMahon is no longer owner of WWE, it would be cool to set Stephanie McMahon and Triple H as the new owners.

30. Speaking of Stephanie and Triple H, what about multiple company owners?

31. A worker asking for compensation if you are going to unmask them. I have no seen this myself while playing TEW but maybe it exists.

32. Are there changes in star quality, and charisma based on someone losing their mask? If not there should be. La Sombra seems like a completely different wrestler then Andrade Cien Almas. I haven't noticed any major chances when I tested a few examples.

33. In Japan it is normal for workers to wrestle injured and to wrestle when logically they shouldn’t. I believe it is part of their culture about having loyalty for the promotion they are in. Yes, this happens in other countries, but that can’t compare to the amount of times it happens in Japan. Sometimes they really screw up their body and career. My point is that maybe Japanese workers should be less willing to take time off for injuries or (more) upset if you tell them to take time off because of their injury(ies.)

34. Currently in TEW workers are not upset about lowering their downside offer after you recently gave them a higher offer. This is the opposite of the salary per month/per appearance. For the salary per month/per appearance they will call you out if you recently offered them a higher deal.

35. I don't think covering for travel costs has any effect in how the worker feels about their offered contract.

Last edited by Azul : 12-15-2017 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Added suggestions 26-35 to the post
Unread 12-15-2017, 05:42 PM
All Star

Quote:

I didn't know there was a penalty for over using someone if they had enough popularity.
That's not what I'm talking about I'm talking as if you have perfect show theory on and burning out the crowd from too much awesome.

Also TEW don't factor all of your angles into the show grade just your best major one. It is ok to run poor angles especially if you want to cool the crowd from high points instead of running a match with cool the crowd aims.

Quote:
I disagree. There have been lots of segments under 4 minutes that have floored a crowd in the history of wrestling. Off the top of my head I can think of the 30 second Shibata segment when he came back this year after that crazy headbutt.

At the very least I don't think the "capping" of a segment under 4 minutes should be so strong.

What you are talking about is a pop from a return. TEW can't replicate these and I've seen that suggested in the past. I agree it would be nice if we could replicate this kind of thing like either a surprise signing or a return from vacation/injury.
Unread 12-17-2017, 03:35 PM
Minor League

Quote:
What you are talking about is a pop from a return. TEW can't replicate these and I've seen that suggested in the past. I agree it would be nice if we could replicate this kind of thing like either a surprise signing or a return from vacation/injury.
The wrestling returning angle was just an example of a great under 4 minute segment. Ignoring that type of segment I still feel like there are tons of elite segments that are under 4 minutes in wrestling and that the capping penalty shouldn't be so large.
Unread 12-17-2017, 03:55 PM
Phenom

speaking of over using unpopular workers, I think it would add another layer of challenge if every worker could be exposed to over usage penalties (of course more popular workers should have a higher threshold) I think that this could replicate the push back from shoving someone down the fans throat.
Unread 12-17-2017, 04:23 PM
All Star

There is nothing wrong with the referee system. If you only want to use one, fire the rest. Other people might want to use multiple ones, like irl. -1 to this suggestion, as it makes no sense and it isn't even needed. It is something you can fix yourself.