Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Hall of Fame

I currently use Survey Monkey, and find it useful for feedback purposes. I have seen google forms used for surveys more commonly. Could anybody who has used either or both tell me the benefits and drawbacks of either choice?

I am happy with Survey Monkey, but interested to know if one is considered more acessable, user friendly or just generally better. Thanks
Unread 12-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Super Star

The Global Wrestling Council would like to officially announce the first promotion to join their ranks.

From the ashes of what puroresu is supposed to be. Behind their faithful leader, Yoshifusa Maeda, Black Canvas Grappling has shown themselves to be the true lion -- the remnants of what was once great, before the West and 'Sports Entertainment' ruined the sport. Black Canvas Grappling aims to keep alive the gladiatorial sport that is professional wrestling. They will play a key role in cementing the reputation of the Global Wrestling Council.

Quote:
Black Canvas Grappling will be played by Historian for the sake of this diary. I will be unveiling the other promotions in the coming days! We are all excited for this diary -- and for the story we are hoping to tell with it. None of us are abandoning our other projects, this is just a project for us all to tackle together.
Unread 12-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Super Star

The Global Wrestling Council is now able to officially announce another member.

Don't let the kanji under its logo confuse you, Birmingham's Burning Spirit Pro Wrestling is here to save fans of real wrestling from 21CW's sports entertainment soap opera and SNP's shock value based content. Led by none other than Ring of Fire legend Robert "British Samurai" Brown and backed by the extended talent pool of the Global Wrestling Council, BSPW is here to bring British strong style back, with 100% hard hitting wrestling, legitimate bone crushing submissions and catch-as-catch-can action.
Quote:
Burning Spirit Pro Wrestling will be played by yours truly as a love letter to the promotion that got me into the game, Ring of Fire. I am excited to be working with such great people and to use such great community material, such as the logo above that willr0ck made. Again, this doesn't mean we're abandoning our current projects, just adding this multiplayer dynasty to our repertoire.
Unread 12-19-2018, 12:11 PM
Phenom

GWC would now like to proudly announce the third promotion to join their ranks!

As GWC official leg in the United States, Wrestling Premier League will attempt to tap into the huge wrestling fan base that the Mid South region has in order to create a solid foundation for growth. The WPL is primarily based around big wrestlers fighting in an old-school style, a throwback to the old southern wrestling that used to be prominent in the area.

Quote:
I will be handling operations in the US with WPL. this promotion will be more focused on brawls and in ring action than my other project, so I will be continuing TITAN Factory, since I love me some zany sports entertainment goodness!
Unread 12-19-2018, 04:29 PM
Major League

GWC is pleased to announce the fourth and final member to join our alliance!

Outback Fight League is set to become the premier wrestling company in the great land down under, Australia. If hard-hitting, ground and pound, tough as nails fighters is something you want to see then be sure to come to see what real Australian wrestling is all about!

Quote:
So I will be leading OFL from Australia and am excited to try to this region out, as I rarely play them. While I am still a novice at learning the best way to run a dynasty I'm happy to try something different from my Lonestar Wrestling dynasty. Which I am most definitely going to keep running. I am excited to be joined by three awesome dynasty writers in this venture!
Unread 12-19-2018, 05:47 PM
Hall of Fame

GWC, awesome! Can one of you let me know when the first diary posts emerge. I'll keep an eye out, but can someone PM me! Looking forward to seeing this one and scared I'm going to miss it!
Unread 12-21-2018, 11:16 AM
Super Star

The first post is up! Global Wrestling Council: We are wrestling, not entertainment.
Unread 12-24-2018, 02:46 PM
Super Star

Coming 2019...

"Hey...so like...yeah, hey. I'm like, Blue Flea? Yeah? Yeah. Hey, so I'm here to tell you about a new dinnersty-"

"DYNASTY!"

"-dynasty to the forums. I don't really like forums, they call me a cluck all the time."

"That's not-just-just finish the script you buffoon!"

"Okay, it's called ZEN: Kickstart the Revolution, get it? Because we had to get kickstarted that one time with Kickstarter. I wanted to use IndieGoGo."

"Ooooof course you did."

"So like...come read it? If you want to, yeah. Hey, can I go now?"

"Why did we have you do this?"

"Because I'm the top of the NBT list in the game?"

"...s***."

ZEN: KICKSTART THE REVOLUTION
YES WE WILL ATTEMPT TO PUSH BLUE FLEA

COMING 2019
Unread 12-28-2018, 10:07 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pteroid View Post
Coming 2019...

"Hey...so like...yeah, hey. I'm like, Blue Flea? Yeah? Yeah. Hey, so I'm here to tell you about a new dinnersty-"

"DYNASTY!"

"-dynasty to the forums. I don't really like forums, they call me a cluck all the time."

"That's not-just-just finish the script you buffoon!"

"Okay, it's called ZEN: Kickstart the Revolution, get it? Because we had to get kickstarted that one time with Kickstarter. I wanted to use IndieGoGo."

"Ooooof course you did."

"So like...come read it? If you want to, yeah. Hey, can I go now?"

"Why did we have you do this?"

"Because I'm the top of the NBT list in the game?"

"...s***."

ZEN: KICKSTART THE REVOLUTION
YES WE WILL ATTEMPT TO PUSH BLUE FLEA

COMING 2019
I am hyped for the revolution that is Blue Flea taking over ZEN.
Unread 01-10-2019, 07:41 PM
All Star

Just going to leave this right here...

Unread 01-21-2019, 02:06 AM
Living Legend

I had an idea (This is not me pitching the idea for myself, I am just putting it out there), what if there was a diary that was run much like a comic book. What I mean by that is say foolinc (Just using his name as an example as he was the one who posted directly above me) started a TCW dairy and for whatever reason he no longer wanted to write it anymore but he wanted to see it continue.

Therefore, he passed it off to HiPlus (once again just using usernames for example purposes) who writes the diary for the next five or six shows before passing it off to someone else. What we would end up having is writers having different "runs" on diaries.

Now I know most people would be opposed to this as their dairy is their "baby". Which is understandable, but I always thought it would be a neat concept to try out. You could see how different writers, write and what workers they decide to push.

I know for me one of the reasons why I stopped writing diaries on here was a combination of real life getting in the way and burnout over writing the same characters over and over again. This could combat that as a writer could hand off the baton to someone else and then could return to the diary at a later date.

You could bring on a guest writer for one show. I don't know I am just spitballing here.

Anyway, I would be interested in hearing what others have to say about this idea.
Unread 01-21-2019, 06:14 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
I had an idea (This is not me pitching the idea for myself, I am just putting it out there), what if there was a diary that was run much like a comic book. What I mean by that is say foolinc (Just using his name as an example as he was the one who posted directly above me) started a TCW dairy and for whatever reason he no longer wanted to write it anymore but he wanted to see it continue.

Therefore, he passed it off to HiPlus (once again just using usernames for example purposes) who writes the diary for the next five or six shows before passing it off to someone else. What we would end up having is writers having different "runs" on diaries.

Now I know most people would be opposed to this as their dairy is their "baby". Which is understandable, but I always thought it would be a neat concept to try out. You could see how different writers, write and what workers they decide to push.

I know for me one of the reasons why I stopped writing diaries on here was a combination of real life getting in the way and burnout over writing the same characters over and over again. This could combat that as a writer could hand off the baton to someone else and then could return to the diary at a later date.

You could bring on a guest writer for one show. I don't know I am just spitballing here.

Anyway, I would be interested in hearing what others have to say about this idea.
Not a great deal to add, other than to say I am a big fan of this idea. Would be interesting to see how it changed from the beginning to however long down the road. Would definitely enjoy being part of the chain at some point.
Unread 01-21-2019, 07:54 AM
Minor League

Quote:

Also an idea I love as well. I like having the limited time frame to play it all out, and I think having it end in a big PPV after each writer is a good way for it to act as a sort of reset.

When MrWolf originally ended his ZEN diary he asked me if I wanted to take it over, while the idea thrilled me it wasn't something I felt I could just do in sense because it had so much hype and history associated with it. I think a fresh promotion and running only a small amount of shows each (5-10 shows each) would be great as you can become attached an engrossed in your story telling but it will never feel like your baby in a sense.
Unread 01-21-2019, 11:09 AM
Super Star

Quote:

I actually think this is a brilliant idea. Writers having different runs. Say, six months to a year in game and then they pass it off. A writer could always come back for a second run after some time away, plus itís alsays interesting to follow up and pick up where someone else left off and try to institute your own plans but have them make sense.
Unread 01-21-2019, 11:23 AM
Super Star

As someone who tends to start a lot of different diaries myself, I'd love to pass control of some when I run out of steam, creative ideas or time to play/post everything.

This could also be an interesting alternative approach to multiplayer games: instead of a single save with several users, a single one that's passed around after a certain amount of time.