Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Phenom

I don't know if this is what Adam meant when he said "as well as" in his opening gambit, but with the addition of criteria other than the traditional "Hold Battle Royal" and "All X vs. X", I'd actually love to see multiple "AI Instructions". So "AI Instruction 1" would be "All 5 vs. 5" and "AI Instruction 2" would be "Main event is 1 vs 1", so you have total control over the card AND main event simultaneously. This would be much more accurate to how WWE currently uses Survivor Series, as they often run a "normal" main event alongside the traditional Survivor Series matches these days. If that is how Adam intended his wording, then I love today's feature even more.
Unread 01-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Rookie

The sticky search feature is going to be pretty amazing. It will certainly make life a little easier. These are sometimes the best features of a game.

What Mammoth said though would be really cool. Being able to have an All Tag Matches show but have a note for the Main Event to be 1v1 would be cool. This would allow a lot of extra control over the games booking that I think would make mods so much better.
Unread 01-12-2019, 01:10 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
I don't know if this is what Adam meant when he said "as well as" in his opening gambit, but with the addition of criteria other than the traditional "Hold Battle Royal" and "All X vs. X", I'd actually love to see multiple "AI Instructions". So "AI Instruction 1" would be "All 5 vs. 5" and "AI Instruction 2" would be "Main event is 1 vs 1", so you have total control over the card AND main event simultaneously. This would be much more accurate to how WWE currently uses Survivor Series, as they often run a "normal" main event alongside the traditional Survivor Series matches these days. If that is how Adam intended his wording, then I love today's feature even more.
That's how I understood the entry.

"The possible instructions for AI events have been expanded, including new match types and the ability to set specific main events as well as 'whole show' booking styles."

With that quote, I'd assume that's what he means. At least that's how I take him saying "as well as".
Unread 01-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Low Minors

Sticky searches is fantastic, have always wanted this.
Unread 01-13-2019, 12:06 PM
Super Star

The scheduling rework... Hell. Yes. Top to bottom already I'm as excited for 2020 as for any big studio game release that's coming down the pike.
Unread 01-14-2019, 01:07 PM
Low Minors

Hi, I have a little question.

How about the relationship between federations ? We can actually use dirty tricks in a war but is it possible to add more dirty tricks or people thinks there is enough ? I use them a lot and I have to admit it's pretty funny.

It's just a small question that will not change much but I prefer ask now ^^
Unread 01-14-2019, 04:46 PM
Low Minors

I love everything i have seen so far in the Journal one thing i would love would be a reworked royal rumble so you can create a better picture of what happens. Chosingwhen people enter maybe how long some people are in it things like that would be amazing and bigger pop increases for having things like longest in the match most eliminations things like that. As 2001 when austin won Kane got just as much as a reaction from eliminating most of the field
Unread 01-15-2019, 05:57 AM
Super Star

Really cool entry today, I never thought that Dojo's needed to be changed but I can't say that the new system isn't an improvement. Hopefully these perfoemance centers can be link to development companies too.
Unread 01-15-2019, 06:59 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEFAN95 View Post
Really cool entry today, I never thought that Dojo's needed to be changed but I can't say that the new system isn't an improvement.
Quoting this for emphasis. I've struggled to produce loyalists as BCG to make up for talent raids and enjoy saves/diaries that heavily rely on new workers (Rocky Mountain Wrestling, Lone Star Wrestling, Titan Factory, Piledriver Wrestling, to name a few) so I was excited to read Adam's breakdown. The Training/Facilities breakdown also sounds promising, as so far you were able to invest in graduate quality but not quantity. Instead of setting new worker generation to extremely high (for the entire database) we're allowed to set it high just for our own promotion now.
Unread 01-15-2019, 07:28 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_RaideR View Post
Quoting this for emphasis. I've struggled to produce loyalists as BCG to make up for talent raids and enjoy saves/diaries that heavily rely on new workers (Rocky Mountain Wrestling, Lone Star Wrestling, Titan Factory, Piledriver Wrestling, to name a few) so I was excited to read Adam's breakdown. The Training/Facilities breakdown also sounds promising, as so far you were able to invest in graduate quality but not quantity. Instead of setting new worker generation to extremely high (for the entire database) we're allowed to set it high just for our own promotion now.
Amen, brother. Loved today's entry. Especially the possibility to increase the number of graduates without having to mess with the game world options.
Unread 01-15-2019, 07:56 AM
Major League

Big fan of the changes to training facilities.

A couple of questions:

Can workers in a database that won’t have debuted at the start of the game be set to graduate through these facilities in the pre-game editor?

If a facility is set to be attached to a child company, would the graduates develop loyalty to the child company or the parent company? It would be nice if they’d be loyal to parent company so, for example, Performance Center grads would move directly to NXT but be loyal to WWE rather than graduating to WWE and needing to be sent down to NXT.
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:32 AM
Super Star

I am incredibly excited about this entry -- probably the most excited I've been about an entry since the announcement about being able to play as developmental companies. As a guy who is writing a diary that relies heavily on talent graduating from my dojo -- the ability to invest in the quality of my dojo to potentially have better initial talent come out and the ability to potentially have talent that comes out loyal from the dojo really excites me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland
The type of graduation can be set for each training facility. It can either be fluid, which means that graduates will appear throughout the year, or it can be fixed to a specific month when an entire class will graduate at one time. There's no real advantage of disadvantage to this, it's purely for the player's preference.
I do have a question about this. Can graduates be fixed to multiple months? For instance, can I set graduates to come out in June and December? Or March/June/September/December [If I wanted them to come out once a quarter]. Just looking for clarification.

Again, this feature has me incredibly excited about the possibilities for diary writing and game saves in the future -- and can really make small companies trying to build home grown rosters incredibly viable.
Unread 01-15-2019, 09:13 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Jim View Post
Can workers in a database that won’t have debuted at the start of the game be set to graduate through these facilities in the pre-game editor?
It is planned but hasn't been coded yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Jim View Post
If a facility is set to be attached to a child company, would the graduates develop loyalty to the child company or the parent company?
The parent; the "first refusal" goes to the parent, not the child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
I do have a question about this. Can graduates be fixed to multiple months? For instance, can I set graduates to come out in June and December? Or March/June/September/December [If I wanted them to come out once a quarter]. Just looking for clarification.
No, it's either fluid or a specific month.
Unread 01-15-2019, 10:09 AM
Low Minors

About dojo,
I would like to know if we can have more than one trainer and if it is possible investing in facilities, to create specific courses:

I mean it would be nice if you can add something like

Actor training: a pro actor takes some lessons to develop Acting (and gimmick)skill/
Physio traning: a coach takes lessons to teach how get in shape, eating well etc.
Public speech: a public speeches take some lesson to develop mic skill

and so on...
Unread 01-15-2019, 10:30 AM
Major League

With the mention of training center workers developing loyalty to the parent company, I'm wondering if that means workers will be rigidly loyal to parent company regardless of how significantly better a financial offer from a competitor is.

Maybe that's a subject for a later entry though?...