Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #511  
Unread 01-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Mammoth Mammoth is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Your Computer
Posts: 510
Default

I don't know if this is what Adam meant when he said "as well as" in his opening gambit, but with the addition of criteria other than the traditional "Hold Battle Royal" and "All X vs. X", I'd actually love to see multiple "AI Instructions". So "AI Instruction 1" would be "All 5 vs. 5" and "AI Instruction 2" would be "Main event is 1 vs 1", so you have total control over the card AND main event simultaneously. This would be much more accurate to how WWE currently uses Survivor Series, as they often run a "normal" main event alongside the traditional Survivor Series matches these days. If that is how Adam intended his wording, then I love today's feature even more.
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Unread 01-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Juce's Avatar
Juce Juce is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 90
Default

The sticky search feature is going to be pretty amazing. It will certainly make life a little easier. These are sometimes the best features of a game.

What Mammoth said though would be really cool. Being able to have an All Tag Matches show but have a note for the Main Event to be 1v1 would be cool. This would allow a lot of extra control over the games booking that I think would make mods so much better.
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Unread 01-12-2019, 01:10 PM
LoganRodzen's Avatar
LoganRodzen LoganRodzen is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
I don't know if this is what Adam meant when he said "as well as" in his opening gambit, but with the addition of criteria other than the traditional "Hold Battle Royal" and "All X vs. X", I'd actually love to see multiple "AI Instructions". So "AI Instruction 1" would be "All 5 vs. 5" and "AI Instruction 2" would be "Main event is 1 vs 1", so you have total control over the card AND main event simultaneously. This would be much more accurate to how WWE currently uses Survivor Series, as they often run a "normal" main event alongside the traditional Survivor Series matches these days. If that is how Adam intended his wording, then I love today's feature even more.
That's how I understood the entry.

"The possible instructions for AI events have been expanded, including new match types and the ability to set specific main events as well as 'whole show' booking styles."

With that quote, I'd assume that's what he means. At least that's how I take him saying "as well as".
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Unread 01-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Von Dozier Von Dozier is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 263
Default

Sticky searches is fantastic, have always wanted this.
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Unread 01-13-2019, 12:06 PM
Ping von Erich's Avatar
Ping von Erich Ping von Erich is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,475
Default

The scheduling rework... Hell. Yes. Top to bottom already I'm as excited for 2020 as for any big studio game release that's coming down the pike.
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Unread 01-14-2019, 01:07 PM
Maxy Yasukawa's Avatar
Maxy Yasukawa Maxy Yasukawa is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: France, Dordogne
Posts: 118
Default

Hi, I have a little question.

How about the relationship between federations ? We can actually use dirty tricks in a war but is it possible to add more dirty tricks or people thinks there is enough ? I use them a lot and I have to admit it's pretty funny.

It's just a small question that will not change much but I prefer ask now ^^
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Unread 01-14-2019, 04:46 PM
emoasyou emoasyou is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 177
Default

I love everything i have seen so far in the Journal one thing i would love would be a reworked royal rumble so you can create a better picture of what happens. Chosingwhen people enter maybe how long some people are in it things like that would be amazing and bigger pop increases for having things like longest in the match most eliminations things like that. As 2001 when austin won Kane got just as much as a reaction from eliminating most of the field
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Unread 01-15-2019, 05:57 AM
DAVEFAN95's Avatar
DAVEFAN95 DAVEFAN95 is online now
Super Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,377
Default

Really cool entry today, I never thought that Dojo's needed to be changed but I can't say that the new system isn't an improvement. Hopefully these perfoemance centers can be link to development companies too.
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Unread 01-15-2019, 06:59 AM
DarK_RaideR's Avatar
DarK_RaideR DarK_RaideR is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEFAN95 View Post
Really cool entry today, I never thought that Dojo's needed to be changed but I can't say that the new system isn't an improvement.
Quoting this for emphasis. I've struggled to produce loyalists as BCG to make up for talent raids and enjoy saves/diaries that heavily rely on new workers (Rocky Mountain Wrestling, Lone Star Wrestling, Titan Factory, Piledriver Wrestling, to name a few) so I was excited to read Adam's breakdown. The Training/Facilities breakdown also sounds promising, as so far you were able to invest in graduate quality but not quantity. Instead of setting new worker generation to extremely high (for the entire database) we're allowed to set it high just for our own promotion now.
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Unread 01-15-2019, 07:28 AM
shawn michaels's Avatar
shawn michaels shawn michaels is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The World Wide Web!
Posts: 2,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_RaideR View Post
Quoting this for emphasis. I've struggled to produce loyalists as BCG to make up for talent raids and enjoy saves/diaries that heavily rely on new workers (Rocky Mountain Wrestling, Lone Star Wrestling, Titan Factory, Piledriver Wrestling, to name a few) so I was excited to read Adam's breakdown. The Training/Facilities breakdown also sounds promising, as so far you were able to invest in graduate quality but not quantity. Instead of setting new worker generation to extremely high (for the entire database) we're allowed to set it high just for our own promotion now.
Amen, brother. Loved today's entry. Especially the possibility to increase the number of graduates without having to mess with the game world options.
Reply With Quote
  #521  
Unread 01-15-2019, 07:56 AM
Slim Jim's Avatar
Slim Jim Slim Jim is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 879
Default

Big fan of the changes to training facilities.

A couple of questions:

Can workers in a database that won’t have debuted at the start of the game be set to graduate through these facilities in the pre-game editor?

If a facility is set to be attached to a child company, would the graduates develop loyalty to the child company or the parent company? It would be nice if they’d be loyal to parent company so, for example, Performance Center grads would move directly to NXT but be loyal to WWE rather than graduating to WWE and needing to be sent down to NXT.
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:32 AM
Historian's Avatar
Historian Historian is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,107
Default

I am incredibly excited about this entry -- probably the most excited I've been about an entry since the announcement about being able to play as developmental companies. As a guy who is writing a diary that relies heavily on talent graduating from my dojo -- the ability to invest in the quality of my dojo to potentially have better initial talent come out and the ability to potentially have talent that comes out loyal from the dojo really excites me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland
The type of graduation can be set for each training facility. It can either be fluid, which means that graduates will appear throughout the year, or it can be fixed to a specific month when an entire class will graduate at one time. There's no real advantage of disadvantage to this, it's purely for the player's preference.
I do have a question about this. Can graduates be fixed to multiple months? For instance, can I set graduates to come out in June and December? Or March/June/September/December [If I wanted them to come out once a quarter]. Just looking for clarification.

Again, this feature has me incredibly excited about the possibilities for diary writing and game saves in the future -- and can really make small companies trying to build home grown rosters incredibly viable.
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Unread 01-15-2019, 09:13 AM
Adam Ryland Adam Ryland is offline
GDS Developer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Jim View Post
Can workers in a database that won’t have debuted at the start of the game be set to graduate through these facilities in the pre-game editor?
It is planned but hasn't been coded yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Jim View Post
If a facility is set to be attached to a child company, would the graduates develop loyalty to the child company or the parent company?
The parent; the "first refusal" goes to the parent, not the child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
I do have a question about this. Can graduates be fixed to multiple months? For instance, can I set graduates to come out in June and December? Or March/June/September/December [If I wanted them to come out once a quarter]. Just looking for clarification.
No, it's either fluid or a specific month.
__________________
Adam Ryland
Designer of TEW, WMMA, WreSpi, and Comic Book Hero
adamryland@hotmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Unread 01-15-2019, 10:09 AM
Sammartino Sammartino is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 246
Default

About dojo,
I would like to know if we can have more than one trainer and if it is possible investing in facilities, to create specific courses:

I mean it would be nice if you can add something like

Actor training: a pro actor takes some lessons to develop Acting (and gimmick)skill/
Physio traning: a coach takes lessons to teach how get in shape, eating well etc.
Public speech: a public speeches take some lesson to develop mic skill

and so on...
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Unread 01-15-2019, 10:30 AM
d12345 d12345 is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 931
Default

With the mention of training center workers developing loyalty to the parent company, I'm wondering if that means workers will be rigidly loyal to parent company regardless of how significantly better a financial offer from a competitor is.

Maybe that's a subject for a later entry though?...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.