Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-12-2019, 07:28 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
Just finished work so have some time to post. I have a theory about the double voter thing that I may share later.
is it that the double voter has to vote on someone then that person's vote counts double? because that just crossed my mind
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:42 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgcs View Post
is it that the double voter has to vote on someone then that person's vote counts double? because that just crossed my mind
It's not that exactly. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this at night phase, but it's that there isn't a double voter at all.
Unread 01-12-2019, 08:42 AM
Locker Room Leader :)

That's a frustrating result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
It's not that exactly. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this at night phase, but it's that there isn't a double voter at all.
Are you saying you know scum doesn't have a double vote? Blue had Only one way to know that.

If we believe BlueStar's claims (and really, we kinda have to) then there is clear vote tampering going on because we know my vote counted for 0 so the lynch should have went through at 15, not 14 like it did. So someone, somewhere had an extra vote on that lynch. There is more than possibility for that, but if it's a double voter someone has already crunched those numbers and gotten it down to 4 people.
Unread 01-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
That's a frustrating result.

Are you saying you know scum doesn't have a double vote? Blue had Only one way to know that.

If we believe BlueStar's claims (and really, we kinda have to) then there is clear vote tampering going on because we know my vote counted for 0 so the lynch should have went through at 15, not 14 like it did. So someone, somewhere had an extra vote on that lynch. There is more than possibility for that, but if it's a double voter someone has already crunched those numbers and gotten it down to 4 people.
Yeah, there was really no reason for Blue to lie, so there must have been an extra vote somewhere. But I'm not sure about a mandatory scum multi-voter. Seems like an oddly transparent role for scum, whose main tactic is trying to blend in. That's not a role that's easy to hide.

With scum vote manipulation I'd expect it to be more of the typical altering someone else's vote or optionally altering their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
Take your pick on which direction we should go I see ten viable options at the very least on the list below...

Honestly out of all of the people on that list, the only person I feel good with is Gonvick. But even that could be viewed as iffy simply because I think he would be a prime candidate for a cult recruit (Because he is by far the most Town like player on that list.).

If I had to say who I strongly think is Scum, I would probably look at yourself, Bak, foolinc, Rayelek, and Leion. Those are the five that stand out the most to me going by my gut.

Now if you will excuse me I am going to the world of Arthur Morgan for a little bit before I...in the words of the great JMan...go off to bed.
That's not a bad place to start, but I would just point out one thing. The scum team knew it was a mislynch and had an incentive to not have their names on that list. So I would just caution that we not lose sight of those who "believed" Blue enough not to vote for him, but not enough to try to convince anyone else it was a bad idea or find a better direction.
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Phenom

Night Three is Over. Write up Coming Now
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Phenom

Night Three

Another day in Centralia and yet another teenager left hanging. The situation was getting desperate in Centralia. Action would need to be taken to change their fortunes. Many would set out to to do just that while more continued to plot the destruction of the town.

------------------------------

He sat in his chair reviewing his plans, knowing things were headed in the right direction. Still there was a thought, no, more than a thought.

He sensed it.

He would need to watch his back and take care of this situation.

------------------------------

The driver slowly pulled up to the large house, surprised that his assignment would be located here. He walked up to the door and was startled as another man stepped out of the shadows.

“Stop right there! My employer isn’t expecting anyone tonight.”

The driver smiled recognizing the man standing before him.

“I bet they weren’t. But I’m not here for them.”

The shots would startle the occupant in the house, but it was far too late to provide any help.

-------------------------------

Why was it so hard to find others that wanted the same thing they did. The search continued throughout this night and yet again there would be no success.

--------------------------------

As the night wore on and day came closer one man slowly woke. His head in a fog; what had happened? He found his way out of the building, and slowly made his way back to the town square where he began to tell others what happened to him.

One would overhear these stories and become angered. Memories from long ago flooding his mind.

Fooinc is dead. He was William Forbes, Centralia Aligned Secret Bodyguard

It is now DAY PHASE FOUR. With 24 players remaining, it's 13 to lynch.

You have until 7:30 PM EST on Monday, January 14 (12:30 AM GMT Tuesday, January 15) to reach a majority vote. If no majority has been reached at that time, a No Lynch will be declared.

As always, if you see a mistake point it out.
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Minor League

So, I was blocked last night when looking into Leion. That tells me scum has a blocker as my role has been made very obvious.
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukess11 View Post
So, I was blocked last night when looking into Leion. That tells me scum has a blocker as my role has been made very obvious.
I blocked you. My bad. I was getting some scummy vibes from you, and you haven't given any information that has led to a scum lynch. So I wanted to go with my gut.
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
At least I have confirmation that my role works.
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Do you have any reason to think you may have been the kidnapping victim?

If you don't, then it's very interesting to note that there was no SK kill last night. Is it possible that the jailer(?), whether they are scum or town, knows who the SK is?

Sounds like the cult failed last night, that's good news, should still only be two of them.

Who do we think is plotting in their chair? Don?

I'm not sure what to make of the person being enraged by hearing about the abduction.

Compared to the previous night, that wasn't too bad and has the potential for us to make real progress today.
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:52 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws7297 View Post
I blocked you. My bad. I was getting some scummy vibes from you, and you haven't given any information that has led to a scum lynch. So I wanted to go with my gut.
I gave info that cleared Blue and he turned out inno. That's enough for me.
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:53 PM
All Star

Quote:
Quote:
Not a bad place to look though. Leion, do you go out at night?
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I gave info that cleared Blue and he turned out inno. That's enough for me.
Scum can give fake info to clear another townie. Plus keeping bluestar alive could've been a distraction attempt. I don't think my action was that bad of an idea. Sorry you were unable to gather information.

Why was there only 1 kill?
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Scum can give fake info to clear another townie. Plus keeping bluestar alive could've been a distraction attempt. I don't think my action was that bad of an idea. Sorry you were unable to gather information.

Why was there only 1 kill?
That is a good question. It didn't seem apparent by the writeup that any were blocked.

Perhaps the one killer has to kill every other night, but they get two kills when they do?
Unread 01-12-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crychon View Post
That is a good question. It didn't seem apparent by the writeup that any were blocked.

Perhaps the one killer has to kill every other night, but they get two kills when they do?
That's not that farfetched of an undead to be honest.

On the werewolf app I play, Bomber chooses 3 people to kill and they die the following night. Arsonist douses 2 people and can kill them the following night. So I'm not too opposed to this idea