Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-11-2018, 09:31 PM
Minor League

It's a shame about how Killah turned out for your last show, but in a way it's situations like that that add to the overall experience as you try things out. Hopefully Griffith will be a much smoother and better defense for Jeb.

Main Event
Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship
Sixty Minute Time Limit
“Southern Justice” Jack Griffith versus “The Amish Mountain” Jebediah ©
Like Oxford said before, Griffith is a shell of a himself, but if I remember correctly he should still be enough to get both a good rating and some improvements for Jeb.

Semi Main Event
Rocky Mountain Tag Team Championship
Forty-Five Minute Time Limit
National Guard [Desert Storm and The Silencer] versus The Aces of Mayhem [Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem] ©

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Cip Conduit versus “Cowboy” Buck Winchester

Opening Contest
Eight Man Tag
$400 Bonus to the winning team
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Jebediah, Buck Winchester, and the Aces of Mayhem versus Jack Griffith, Cip Conduit, and National Guard
A victory for the heel team would be a pretty good way to build heat for several of the matches imo, especially for Jack since he's the one off challenger.
Unread 11-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Low Minors

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event
National Guard [Desert Storm and The Silencer] versus The Aces of Mayhem [Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem] ©

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Contest
Eight Man Tag
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Jebediah, Buck Winchester, and the Aces of Mayhem versus Jack Griffith, Cip Conduit, and National Guard
Unread 11-11-2018, 09:41 PM
Major League

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit
I don’t see Griffith winning but I am glad to see him on the card. Even in his current state I still have a soft spot for him

Semi Main Event
I don’t like Desert Storm

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Buck is just such a good “old school” wrestler. I love seeing him on the sings but I think SWF messed up not signing him to developmental when he was without ripw

Opening Contest
Eight Man Tag
Twenty Minute Time Limit

I love the old school feel of this show and the “insider perspective”. I’m a big fan of the story you’re telling right now
Unread 11-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Phenom

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Contest
Eight Man Tag
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Unread 11-12-2018, 01:39 PM
All Star

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Fool me once, same on me.

Semi Main Event

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Contest
Eight Man Tag
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Unread 11-13-2018, 09:41 AM
Major League

I am loving the diary so far! Love seeing different people get pushed, especially ones that I like, but never figured out how to push lol.

Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents: Wrestling Summit I
Saturday Week 4, March 2016

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Contest
Eight Man Tag
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Unread 11-13-2018, 10:49 AM
All Star

Default RMW Presents: Wrestling Summit I

Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents: Wrestling Summit I
Saturday Week 4, March 2016

Opening Contest
Eight Man Tag
Twenty Minute Time Limit

In a decent match, Buck Winchester, Jebediah, and the Aces of Mayhem defeated Jack Griffith, Cip Conduit, and the National Guard via pinfall in 16:16 after Jebediah hit Desert Storm with the Sundown Splash. D-

Buck Winchester cut a promo on Cip Conduit hyping their upcoming match. D

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Cip Conduit defeated Buck Winchester in 12:45 by pinfall with a Running Boot E+

Semi Main Event

In a decent match, The Aces of Mayhem defeated National Guard in 16:14 when Ace Youngblood pinned Desert Storm after hitting the Chaos Effect. This is the second successful title defense for the Aces of Mayhem. D.

Jebediah cuts a promo hyping his upcoming title defense against Jack Griffith, E+.

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit

In a bout that had good heat and a decent wrestling, Jebediah defeated Jack Griffith in 18:05 by pinfall after a Sundown Splash. This is Jebediah’s second successful defense of the Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship. D-.

Overall: This show increased our popularity in one region, D-.
Unread 11-13-2018, 10:51 AM
All Star

Thank you to everyone who predicted and to everyone who has given me positive feedback on the diary so far. I'm glad people are liking it. The old-school vibe has been very fun to write, so I'm glad it has been fun for people to read. Hopefully the short show reports aren't taking the enjoyment away from people.
Unread 11-13-2018, 12:10 PM
All Star

There is an old adage that I heard from my first days in the wrestling business. I was a young wrestler in the late seventies and early eighties, the veterans used to tell me that they didn’t have to be as good night in-night out as they had been in their youth. They had to be good enough on the big shows to make people still believe in them. To still pay money to come out in see them. That was the key to longevity in the wrestling business, they told me. “Be just good enough when it is big enough.” I never believed that. I believed you wanted to perform at as high a level as possible -- then again, I was young and dumb and didn’t understand main eventing in weekly territories.

I was working in Texas when Clint Wayne came back for a run. He wasn’t the same performer he had been when he set Texas Wrestling on fire. One too many longnecks. One too many late nights in bars trying to prove he was outlaw enough to compete with the legends of old. He got brought back in though by a sympathetic ownership group and Professor Nero -- who had the book at the time. I was young. Just eighteen months into my career and I was being used as a carpenter. I was going to do the loop with Wayne to help get him back into ring shape -- help re-establish him with a fan base that they were hoping hadn’t forgotten him. After our first match, he was winded and sweaty and truth be told had been rotten, but the people reacted to him.

I asked him why. Why did they care so much? He wasn’t the performer he had been. He took a grand total of one bump the whole match. He didn’t use any holds out side of the lock up and a wristlock. Nothing else. Just punches and kicks and elbows. He laughed at me. Not in a mean way. In an amused way. He said ‘kid. I gave them what they wanted. They wanted to see me punch and kick and snarl. So I gave them that.’

Jack Griffith did that for my fans. He’s not the wrestler he was in his youth. He’s not the guy that set East Tennessee and Georgia on fire with his performances for Sneer in the early aughts. He was slower. Not nearly the athlete. Not nearly as exciting, but he knew what the people wanted to see. They wanted ‘Southern Justice’. They wanted him to be a little wild. A little crazy. They wanted the ‘Southern Justice’ jacket. He gave them that. He led the eight-man tag match. He kept the timing down, made sure the guys hit their spots at the right time. In the main event, he slowed the big man down. Helped him work like the six-feet-eleven giant that he is supposed to be. He cowered away. He powdered. He sold. He got his heat on Jeb without making the big man cheapen his gimmick. He bounced off the Amish Mountain and ultimately got a solid main event for Jeb’s second defense -- and helped lead us to what was the best show of our initial trilogy of shows.

Jack left with his envelope of cash and my respect. He’s not a guy I can use every show. His body can’t do it like it used to. He’s a guy that earned my respect though. He did business the right way. He would have liked to go over, sure. He would have liked a full time gig too, but he knew neither of those things were in the cards -- so he did his job.

Jeb looked like a star too. He got the biggest win of his career and really set himself up for what’s next. He’s worked five matches in three shows and won every one of them. He was improving too. Getting better at working to his size and understanding his role as the lead babyface.

The only negative? Five people fewer came to this show. I could have blamed it on the weather, or that there was something on TV that night that couldn’t be missed -- there was a special ceremony for Ross Henry getting inducted into some Ring of Heroes for the football team -- or maybe the new Wal-Mart that opened up was getting more attention. All of those would be excused though. The reality is, five fewer people showed up because we didn’t convince them to come out. Eighty-one people showed up to this show. All eighty-one were at the last show, so we haven’t made any new fans since our first show -- in fact we lost five, but with the critical reception of this show we are bound to attract more fans at our next one.
Unread 11-13-2018, 03:53 PM
All Star

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” -- C. Powell.

The boy in the ring took a near flawless flat-back in the small ring in the converted store. The acoustics in the building made sure that you could hear the slapping of flesh against canvas-covered wood boards. I leaned against the apron. My eyes watched intently. If you were going to train students you had to watch them. You had to pay close attention -- and I took the job seriously. If Rocky Mountain Wrestling was going to be sustainable in the long term, we had to be able to restock our own shelves. The secret to Rip and now Sam’s success in Baltimore was in the Boot Camp. It put out talent that made up the bulk of their roster. Syd and Cameron -- products of the training school. Nate and Tyrone -- products of the training school. The Architect, Deuce Deadline, Miller Fforde, Copperhead -- I could go on. They filled their roster with products of their camp and by proxy, guys tailor made to succeed in their environment. I wanted to replicate that success seventeen hundred miles away.

The boy flat-backed again. Then a third time. I watched. I said nothing. I didn’t need to -- he knew the method. I had shown him and all the others the proper method. Now he had to feel it. Had to have his shoulders drive into the woods. Had to feel his palms against the canvas, spreading out the impact and creating the right sound. Had to feel the benefit of tucking his chin so as to avoid the sickening sensation that comes when the back of the head hits the mat. Wrestling was part art, part sport, part science, all performance. You had to feel it. You had to live it. A man who worked with his hands all day naturally grew calloused to protect his hands. A wrestler had to condition his or her body to the bump. It had to become natural. You had to learn to fall that way every time. Once, after a particularly bad (and rare) rainstorm in Los Angeles, I slipped in my driveway and I took a perfect flat-back right there on the concrete. It hurt. I ached for a couple of days after, but I wasn’t damaged. I fell correctly and spared myself real injury.

The boy in the ring got out and another one took his spot. They’re all boys to me. We’re all boys. The boys and girls of wrestling. No matter how old you are, you’re still one of the boys or still one of the girls -- hell, even sometimes the girls are one of the boys. These guys are young. Pups really. Not yet in the fraternity of pro wrestling, but pledging to be in said fraternity. A tap on the shoulder brought me out of my idle daydreams. I turned towards the assaulting fingers.

“You’ve got a call.” The student said. He was nervous. More nervous than he should have been. Maybe I turned too aggressively. His fingers didn’t actually assault me. It just brought me from the zone.

“How do you know?” I asked curiously. I didn’t hear the phone ring. We don’t even have a phone installed here in the building. Everyone uses a cellphone.

“You left your phone with me… Told me to get you if anyone called.” He said confused. I did do that.

“That’s right. Thanks.” I took the phone from him and took a few steps from the ring. “This is Robert. Ray? How the hell are you? What time is it there anyway?” I paused to listen to Raymond Diaz. Ray was a legend in this business. A monster of a man who had spent virtually all of his career in the Land of the Rising Sun. We had met a handful of times. I was part of a committee that was sent to do overtures of several top North American wrestlers who were working out of Japan. He also started working for PGHW when I was still with GCG. He and Lee Wright were the top foreign tag team for them while Joel and I were the same for GCG. For twenty years he has been loyal to Japan and I was unable to help persuade him to come stateside for several runs with TCW over the years, but we had stayed friendly. “Yeah, I know your nephew Logan has been pro for a couple of years. He’s a hot prospect. I know that Naess had high hopes for him when he brought him in.” I took a pause. “What do you mean they cut him? When? January? Yeah, I’d love to talk to him and see if we can’t work something out.”

I listened intently to Ray. He was looking out for his nephew. Logan was a good athlete from what I remember. A two-time Florida Freestlye Wrestling Champion who skipped out on college scholarship offers from Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma, Seaton Hall, and Minnesota to turn pro. He’s big and burly. I had seen tapes of his when I was producing for Tommy. I was always watching tapes, trying to find that next guy. We needed a next guy. USPW was aggressive, SWF was aggressive, South of the Border was aggressive -- hell, North of the Border was aggressive too. We had managed to get Jay Chord and Matt Hocking -- but the rest of our young talent had been from our school. We weren’t able to restock the shelves. We weren’t aggressive in getting the young talent that was out there and we weren’t able to steal top talent -- and it cost us a lot of money. It cost them Tommy and Rick. Tommy did not like unproven commodities. He didn’t like to roll the dice on rookies -- despite the fact that Richard and J.K. had rolled the dice on him when he was a pup with big paws. He could have had Cameron, Casey, Brett, D.C. and Eddie -- any of Rip and then Sam’s talent. There was a natural relationship there that could have been used to refill our coffers. Logan would have been a great asset for TCW -- I’m sure one day he will get the call. But right now? I was negotiating with his uncle to bring him in for me. He was cheap. Unproven. Raw in a lot of ways, but he looked great. Fit the bill for what I was looking for and would make it easier when I inevitably had to make some tough decisions down the road.

“Tell him to call me as soon as he can. I can do some great things with him. Thanks for the call, Ray.” I hung up. The future was looking bright, rainy weather be damned.
Unread 11-13-2018, 05:29 PM
All Star

Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents: Wanted Dead or Alive
Saturday, Week 4, April

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Shady K versus 'The Amish Mountain" Jebediah (c)

Semi Main Event
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
If Whitehorse wins, the Boys from the Yukon get a Tag Title Shot Next Month
Ace Youngblood versus Whitehorse Whitaker

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Riley McManus versus El Hijo Del Neutron

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Logan Diaz versus Phillipe LeGrenier

Opening Contest
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
El Mitico Jr. versus Hellion
Unread 11-14-2018, 05:58 AM
Low Minors

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Contest
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Unread 11-14-2018, 08:01 AM
Minor League

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Contest
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Unread 11-14-2018, 08:21 AM
Major League

Saturday, Week 4, April

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Contest
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Unread 11-14-2018, 08:28 AM
All Star

Saturday, Week 4, April

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Looks like Jebediah is taking on "foreign" talent while you are building up the home team. Solid strategy.

Semi Main Event
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Contest