Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Default L-RING: Hawaii's Family

The car pulls up to the small apartment. Two figures, dressed conservatively but quirkily, shamble from the vehicle. The man tightens his bowtie.

The woman sparks a cigarette.

Isn't her family, after all. Not directly, anyway. The man heads inside the home, stately but compact, small but not diminutive.

"We've got it. We've got the contract"! He announces. The woman heads inside, putting out her half-finished cigarette.

"Does that mean we get to move to a bigger house?" The young teenager excitedly asks.

As if money kept the family here.

"No, no". The room deflates. The audience were hoping for a different answer. For several seconds, there is silence.

"Does this mean aunty will be home more"? The girl asks. She seems mildly enthusiastic.

"No, I don't think so," the woman responds "If anything, a bit less".

"Your father worked really hard for this. I know it doesn't seem like much to you, or really anyone else, but I really think this will pay dividends. I'm optimistic" says the woman.

The four people in the room continue to peck away at their meals. The older woman stares down her husband, who shakes a bit, twitching nervously.

"Come here, Clark, seems you've had an exciting day". Clark hugs his wife, lovingly.

Something is amiss.

[Cue Title Screen, Theme Music]
Unread 12-18-2018, 02:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Show History

Current Prediction Contest
The next prediction contest will last through Sanctuary IV through Sanctuary VI.
The winner gets to choose custom merch for me to create. I will provide three wrestlers to choose from.

Masked Wrestler Contest: From Sanctuary IV through VI, you can guess who the masked wrestler is. At Sanctuary V, a masked wrestler will debut. His identity will be hinted at in backstage through several segments. If they can guess the identity, the winner chooses what gimmick Clark Alexander Jr. debuts under.

Last edited by KnowYourEnemy : 03-12-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Unread 12-18-2018, 02:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Lethal Ring Roster

Main Event

Clark Alexander | Masked Patriot | Paul Steadyfast | Roy Edison

Midcard

Barry Griffin | Bradley Blaze | El Ladron | Lobo Blanco | Mark Smart

Raphael | Ray Snow | Remmy Honeyman | Seth Whitehead | Sunburst

Enhancement Talent

Arthur Dexter Bradley | Cal Sanders | Crimson Ghost | Kenny Stuart*

Kirk Drury | Roger Monteiro | Thomas Morgan

*formerly K-Squared

Last edited by KnowYourEnemy : 12-29-2018 at 02:18 AM.
Unread 12-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Reserved For Champions
Unread 12-18-2018, 02:05 PM
All Star

I'm in. Already. Love it. Sign me up. Give me all the merch. Now.
Unread 12-18-2018, 02:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
I'm in. Already. Love it. Sign me up. Give me all the merch. Now.
Good to hear! Was inspired by your diary. Will continue to work through the show/company material throughout the next day or two.

-KYE
Unread 12-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Living Legend

I'm in, KYE. Keep me a front row seat waiting.
Unread 12-18-2018, 03:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldelayette View Post
I'm in, KYE. Keep me a front row seat waiting.
Will save a space for you, too!
Unread 12-18-2018, 05:02 PM
Hall of Fame

The sun sets on The Big Island. Clark, leaning on the car window, throws the keys to the woman.

"Good catch"! Clark smiles at the gesture.

"You're certain that the paperwork has been completed? Doppo can stay this time, right"? The woman asks.

Yeah, I'm not worried about that. Last time, the bureau made a mistake. He's well know here from his work in iNSPIRE. There won't be any trouble" responds Clark.

They get into the car. Clark fiddles with the coordinates on the navigator, charting a path towards the airport. He starts the engine and takes off.

"You said that last time. You know, we can't just hire a referee from the crowd".

Doppo Ibu, head referee and creative, L-Ring

"Ibu's a big name. They won't mess it up again. It's the last thing on my mind, little Sister" says Clark.

"We aren't five anymore. Use my given name" quips an annoyed sister.

"Alright. I'm looking at a big picture. I want to be what the DeColts are to Vancouver. I want their prestige. I want a business down to pass down to my kids" responds Clark.

"Heather, that's why I've worked so hard for this dream to work".

"Clark, not everyone can be in the Main Event" she responds. "We didn't start with what the DeColts had -- not even the capital they started with -- we're going to have to earn it" says Heather.

"And if we don't? I mean, really, what's the risk? I want to follow this dream, like they did during the territory days" says Clark.

"Just because you're a millionaire, big brother, doesn't mean that you can just throw energy and money away. Everything is finite".

Clark opens up an iced coffee. Takes a sip, maybe two.

"Trust me. We're going to make this work, one way or another. Getting Doppo on board was that first step" he responds. "He's one of the best at what he does".

"Didn't we say something about nomenclature"? Clark quips.

"Alright, Clark. I understand. I haven't really picked his brain though -- how much was Doppo involved backstage in iNSPIRE? Can he really help you understand their appeal"? Heather says.

Clark looks a bit troubled. He has to pause.

"Heather, from what I've gathered, more than the company ever let on" Clark said. "He'll make the fans think we're legitimate too".

Heather rolls her eyes. She knows when her Brother bluffs.

Clark takes a big sip from his can. He's stressed -- the conversation has him on edge.
Unread 12-20-2018, 06:10 PM
Hall of Fame

The car screeches towards Jerry's Basement. They pull into the parking lot, with Clark and Heather getting out first. Ibu stretches himself, and rolls from the backseat in a tattered tracksuit.

He spits his dip onto the sidewalk.

"Where did he even get that idea? I thought this was his first real time in the states?" Heather asks Clark.

"He's been around the world for a while. I guess they chew tobacco somewhere." Clark says.

Doppu Ibu clears his throat. "I picked it up in Samoa. Scouting. Here, Clark, you should try." Clark gestures towards Ibu, making it clear he isn't interested in the offer.

The sun rises slow over the Big Island. In Hilo, outside a run-down industrial park, the three passengers enter the building.

"Roy said he'd be here" says Clark. "He has to be here, but we told him to meet us in the Lobby. I'm pretty sure that was his car outside."

A burly man bursts from the stadium entrance. He's got some scars but the muscle to back it up. He appears to suffer from constipation.

Roy Edison, ex-MMA fighter and clenched fist enthusiast

"I ain't wasting my time for you guys to show up. If I'm on the clock, I'm doing something productive. This place is a dump." says Roy.

"You guys have what, millions, and you run this dump?" he says. Clark and Heather look nervously at him. "Anyway, yes, I'm ready for business here. Shoot".

Clark and Heather look confused. Ibu acts as the go between.

"He means, you know, discuss business".

"Oh, shoot." Clark says "Yeah, Roy, we're a fan of your work. We want you here, and we want you to be the main guy." says Clark. "We're willing to lay down a pretty good deal."

"You gonna reimburse me for the travel to this dump, right"? Roy says.

"Yeah, yeah. We're going to do that. No worries" says Heather.

Clark picks up the pace. "You in? 1,100 for each show, and you'll be headliner".

Roy smiles. "Right now, you're the only game in town. Sure, I'll play. But if something better comes along, I want to take it".

Clark looks worried. Heather stares at him, unsettled. "Roy, yes, of course! Weclome to Lethal Ring"!

Doppu puts his hand to his forehead, unamused. Heather, picking up on the mood, questions Clark.

Clark and Heather exit. Doppu lingers, talking with Roy in Japanese.

"You sure he's the guy? I don't want you to get double-crossed." says Heather. She's anxious over the new signing.

"Yeah, he's the guy, alright. Generational talent. Have you seen his MMA matches? He's tailor made for our product". Clark is confident.

"I've seen him get knocked out." responds Heather. Clark isn't amused at the jab.

"Not going to happen here. He's the toughest SOB we can get our hands on right now". He's certain that this will be the right step.

Doppu catches up with them. They enter the ride. Doppu spits his dip into the cup.

"He's good for it." Doppu says.

Clark and Heather look bemused.

[Cue title sequence, theme music]
Unread 12-21-2018, 12:08 AM
Hall of Fame

Doppo Ibu and Clark Alexander are getting ready for the show. Clark laces up his boots. He's in the main event.

"Roy isn't smart. Don't listen. This basement is good enough for our promotion." Doppo says, stumbling a bit over his words. "I know Roy, worked with him before."

"He's right." Clark says. "Look at this place."

Both Clark and Doppo look around the room. There is a small crack which lets in water when it rains. Like today. The room is cramped, but clean. The window has a crack in it.

"It isn't the best, no, but it will do for now. I've worked in much worse." responds Doppo.

"This wasn't my vision." Clark responds. "We're going to put this money to good use. He's right -- I've got more than enough to make my own arena. It'll fit with our brand. We'll call it -- The Sanctuary".

"What does that mean?" Doppo asks.

"In the old days, when you broke the law, you would be safe, if you went to the Sanctuary Island." Clark Alexander says. "For me, Wrestling is a sanctuary from my real life."

Doppo looks down at Clark. He laughs, before putting throwing some dip into his mouth.

"Real funny. Ready?"

The two men exit the locker room. They don't know it yet, but they're part of something much bigger.

[Cue title sequence, theme music]

L-Ring Presents Sanctuary I
Live From Jerry's Basement
January 12, 2016
220 in Attendance

Main Event:
Clark Alexander vs. Paul Steadyfast vs. Raphael vs. Roy Edison
First Fall Wins
Preliminaries:
Lobo Blanco vs. Remmy Honeyman
Barry Griffin, Ray Snow & Seth Whitehead vs. Cal Sanders, Kirk Drury & Mark Smart
El Ladron vs. Roger Monteiro
Arthur Dexter Bradley vs. Sunburst
Unread 12-21-2018, 12:56 AM
Minor League

Their guy has to win the first Main Event of the company ever right? With Roy having the attitude I see it unlikely he loses at all at the moment.

As good as Remmy may be, he is better at making other guys look good.

Barry Griffin, Ray Snow & Seth Whitehead vs. Cal Sanders, Kirk Drury & Mark Smart

Three solid midcarders over the two lower carders and friends. I can see a reason for this to change though.

Roger just has that look you know.

Bradley has that look as well to fit in with the home team crowd. while Sunburst, I am just a fan of so backing my guy.

Sad to not see Molokai Milk on the debut Roster as a major player in Hawaii.
Unread 12-21-2018, 03:13 AM
Hall of Fame

Main Event:
Witht this being non-title and all four main eventers being on this one, I go with draw here mainly to avoid putting one of the main event guys over everyone else thsi early.

Preliminaries:
I have a soft spot for Remmy ever since my last ESE diary and donīt have much idea of how good Lobo is so I pick my own favorite this time.

One side has three midcarders while other has two enchantment talents so I go with midcarders. That said, Iīd assume the difference ainīt that big so I could see this one going the other way depending on who you plan to push.

Bit of a coin flip to me before seeing what you are up with them.

ADB is another one of thsoe who I kind of have liked ever since I booked him myself while I donīt have experience with Sunburst so ADB it is. Oh and he also has higher push on roster review.
Unread 12-21-2018, 07:02 AM
All Star

January 12, 2016
220 in Attendance

Main Event:
First Fall Wins
It's the first show in the Islands, Clark is the only one from the Islands in this match, he's the most popular guy on the roster, the first show -- in theory, should send the folks home happy and nothing would make them happier than seeing The Ice Man get the W.

Preliminaries:
Just a shot in the dark.

Another shot in the dark.

American Eagle for the win!

Another Pacific Islander, should get the win here.
Unread 12-21-2018, 12:40 PM
Hall of Fame

January 12, 2016
220 in Attendance

Broadcast Team:

Dane O'Hara | Sue Danes

"Heather Halo, here in an undisclosed location. Beside me, we have Raphael, a new competitor in the Lethal Ring." Heather gestures to Raphael.
Both glean with sweat from the hot sauna. Raphael slings the towel over his shoulder.
"Heather, nice to meet you. Raphael, he was my father. My fans call me Bai Bai." Raphael says.
"Raphael, why do they call you Bai Bai?" she responds.
Raphael slaps himself on the tush with his towel he gets up, wearing only a loincloth, and cuts an impressive jig. He begins to move gracefully across the sauna floor, much to the horror of several older male patrons. After sliding and gyrating, he ends up where he started.
"They say when you see Raphael perform, you say Bai Bai! To be with me, my fans say Bai Bai to boyfriend, Bai Bai to mother, Bai Bai to country."
Raphael returns to his seat in the Sauna.
"Oh, I see." Heather, flustered, stumbles over her words. "Um... Tonight, you'll be up against three other combatants: Clark Alexander, Roy Edison and Paul Steadyfast. Any thoughts?" Heather asks.
Raphael brushes off the question. "Ms. Heather, I am professional, I'll handle this. But they best be prepared, I have the best moves in the Lethal Ring." Raphael responds.
The male patrons stare at Heather and Raphael. The duo are fish out of water.

Roy Edison clearly has his eyes set on Rapheal from the start of the match. He attempts to isolate Rapheal throughout the match, working over the left arm with stiff strikes. A knee strike to the arm makes Raphael flinch. Clark Alexander tries to interfere in the match, helping out Raphael to prevent Edison from picking up the fall. Paul Steadyfast just wants to cause havoc, and seems somewhat uninterested in picking up the win. He's trying to get outside the ring where the referee can't see him break rules. In particular, he seems intent on causing Clark Alexander pain.

Edison and Steadyfast together keep Alexander away from the action, often outside the ring, for most the match. The referee nearly counts out Alexander and Steadyfast several times. Alexander, despite this, manages to break up several near-falls, including a particularly brutal arm-bar application from Edison in the corner. The referee temporarily stops the match after the near-fall. Ibu asks Raphael if he can still continue. After several seconds, with Raphael's word, the referee re-starts the match.

Eventually, with Alexander and Steadyfast brawling on the ramp, Edison pulls a beaten Raphael into the center of the ring, forcing him to tap with an arm bar. Raphael clearly is in pain, and doctors rush to the ring after the match. Alexander helps him from the ring.

Roy Edison defeated Clark Alexander, Paul Steadyfast and Raphael in a Fatal Four Way match. Edison forced Raphael to tap with an arm bar to win the fall.

Show Results:

Last edited by KnowYourEnemy : 12-28-2018 at 07:04 AM.