Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Super Star

I'd file the lack of chemistry between DWB and DWG as a mod error (and I love Hive's mods) so that's a shame. And as someone who saw her in the late '80s in person, she was so much hotter than TV ever captured, which is a rare thing.

Now, as to your question, are you talking about the gray boxes? That's just putting stuff in quotes. Just put your text directly in there, highlight it and hit the notepad looking icon to the left of the # across the top of the post box.

If you're talking about the ones that put breaks in with like the company logo, that's just a pic that you put in like you do other pics and center it using that button. I'm not sure where they get them, though I've seen some use the banner pic that's in the banner folder just blown up to a slightly bigger image.
Unread 01-04-2019, 11:48 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanmas View Post
This is going to be my weekly format, although I at some point hope to include graphics. The one thing I would like help with is to be able to border my segments. I've seen other people do it, but I have no idea how. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartman View Post
Now, as to your question, are you talking about the gray boxes? That's just putting stuff in quotes. Just put your text directly in there, highlight it and hit the notepad looking icon to the left of the # across the top of the post box.

If you're talking about the ones that put breaks in with like the company logo, that's just a pic that you put in like you do other pics and center it using that button. I'm not sure where they get them, though I've seen some use the banner pic that's in the banner folder just blown up to a slightly bigger image.
As smartman said if you are talking about the gray boxes all you have to do hit the quote button...

Quote:
and it will end up looking like this. Though you do have to have at least one letter (at a minimum) outside of the quote box or you will not be able to post your show.
So what you could do is something along the lines of this...

SMW TV
Monday, Week 1, Jan. 1994
Jefferson County Fairgrounds- Jefferson City, TN (Southeast)
Show Attendance: 2,000
Show Announcers: Bob Caudle and Jim Cornette

Segment 1

Quote:
The show started with The Gangstas (New Jack and Mustapha Saed) in the ring, demanding an SMW Tag Team Title shot. They were quickly interrupted by The Rock N' Roll Express, who wanted to know what the Gangstas had done to earn a shot. Not to be outdone, the Thrillseekers (Chris Jericho and Lance Storm) came out and said that if there was any tag team that deserved a shot, it was them, because they were a hot new tag team. The segment ended with all teams brawling and having to be broken apart by several other wrestlers. (65)
I am not sure if that was what you were asking about or not.

As for the other point that smartman made, for my diary I just use the banner that comes with the game (mine is a C-Verse game so for you it would be the banner that comes with the mod). All you have to do is set-up an Imgur account, from there you can download any banner you want and they give you the code for that banner which can be posted on this site.

I hope that makes sense, as I find myself to sometimes not be the most articulate writer when trying to explain something.
Unread 01-05-2019, 11:32 AM
Major League

Thanks guys! That's exactly what I was looking for. Expect my format to look very similar to that. Basic stuff I know, but I'm going to try to get graphics involved at some point. I don't know anything about imgur, I had always used photobucket, but for whatever reason it isn't agreeing with my computer now.

If I was better at installing mods, I would include the graphic that includes both the letter grade and number for segment ratings.
Unread 01-05-2019, 01:54 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Thanks guys! That's exactly what I was looking for. Expect my format to look very similar to that. Basic stuff I know, but I'm going to try to get graphics involved at some point. I don't know anything about imgur, I had always used photobucket, but for whatever reason it isn't agreeing with my computer now.

If I was better at installing mods, I would include the graphic that includes both the letter grade and number for segment ratings.
Dude, that's incredibly easy. Just download the appropriate dual-grade file and copy and paste that in the Skins->Default->Graphics (or whatever skin you want to use just replace Default) and overwrite the numbers. You can create a backupdefault (or whatever you want to name it) first and copy everything into it, but honestly, I can't play the game without the dual setup. Any skin you just unzip the file and put it into the skins folder. It's easier than doing a database.

And photobucket went to crap about a year ago. It seems to be working for some people but not others. Imgur has always worked well for me. I recommend creating a Word (or whatever non-Notepad word processor you have) file with all the names and picture link. It makes it incredibly easy to copy and paste them into the post where you want.
Unread 01-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartman View Post
Dude, that's incredibly easy. Just download the appropriate dual-grade file and copy and paste that in the Skins->Default->Graphics (or whatever skin you want to use just replace Default) and overwrite the numbers. You can create a backupdefault (or whatever you want to name it) first and copy everything into it, but honestly, I can't play the game without the dual setup. Any skin you just unzip the file and put it into the skins folder. It's easier than doing a database.

And photobucket went to crap about a year ago. It seems to be working for some people but not others. Imgur has always worked well for me. I recommend creating a Word (or whatever non-Notepad word processor you have) file with all the names and picture link. It makes it incredibly easy to copy and paste them into the post where you want.
Thanks for that. It's something that I will work on. You may have to explain Imgur to me when I get there. My next show won't include graphics, because I want to get it posted. But if I recall I tried using Imgur once and couldn't figure it out.

Also, the link for the dual setup graphic mod, where is it located? I know I could search for it and find it with ease probably, just wanted a quick place to look.

Once I download it, I'll have to remember how to copy and paste it. When it comes to that, I usually find a way to screw it up lol
Unread 01-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Major League

SMW TV (July 1994, Week 2) Preview

-- Jake Roberts is on a rampage wanting answers from The Prodigy and Jim Cornette. Will he get those answers this week? It has been rumored that The Prodigy has relieved Cornette from his broadcasting duties and has named him the General Manager of SMW, putting him in charge of all decisions regarding matches. Will Cornette have something up his sleeve for Jake The Snake? Tune in to find out.

-- Cornette has already made his first matchmaking decision, claiming that the brawl last week between The Thrillseekers, The Gangstas, and The Rock N' Roll Express can not happen again. He has ordered a round robin series of matches between the 2 teams. Each team will face each other team once, hoping to determine a #1 contender. That series of matches will take place in the next 3 weeks on SMW TV, with the first match being set for this weeks SMW TV between The Thrillseekers and The Gangstas.

-- Tracey Smothers is set for another SMW Beat the Champ Television Title match. This week his challenger will be Bruiser Bedlam.

-- With Jim Cornette being taken off the broadcast booth, a new SMW TV Color Commentator will make his debut on this episode. Who will it be?

-- Dirty White Boy has challenged Scott Stud after the events of last week, and that match will take place this week on SMW TV. Will Dirty White Girl play a part in the match?

All this and possibly more on the next edition of SMW TV

Match Card

Dirty White Boy vs. Scott Stud
Comments:

The Thrillseekers vs. The Gangstas
Comments:

SMW Beat the Champ TV Title Match
Tracey Smothers (c) vs. Bruiser Bedlam
Comments:

Diary Comments:

I will be running this show tomorrow sometime, so if you feel like predicting or commenting, get them in quick. Thanks.
Unread 01-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Super Star

Match Card

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Diary Comments: as far as a color commentator, I’ll vote Missy Hyatt. She still looked good in 94 and she could become a manager
Unread 01-08-2019, 07:37 PM
Minor League

Match Card

Comments: I think Dirty White Boy is a top player and he needs a win as he was one of the top guys in this company over it's time. Hoping you stay with the originals for awhile before adding guys.

Comments: Two great teams hard to pick against the Thrillseekers but the Gangstas are hot right now.

Comments: Are you keeping the tradition where the Champion gets a title match after so many wins?

Diary Comments: Looking forward to the direction of this diary. I recall during this time where Jake was champion he was probably going to face Dirty White Boy at Night of Legends in a Snake Pit Match. I'm glad you are keeping Roberts and hope he stays clean and available for you because there are so many options for him.
Unread 01-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Thanks for that. It's something that I will work on. You may have to explain Imgur to me when I get there. My next show won't include graphics, because I want to get it posted. But if I recall I tried using Imgur once and couldn't figure it out.

Also, the link for the dual setup graphic mod, where is it located? I know I could search for it and find it with ease probably, just wanted a quick place to look.

Once I download it, I'll have to remember how to copy and paste it. When it comes to that, I usually find a way to screw it up lol
Hmmm...I couldn't find the one I love from the mod list (which isn't complete so you might search the mod forum for dual grades), but I might have just copied the ones from 2013 in. Snoopy's mod is good too. Here's the link to that http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=533482

Imgur works fine for me. It's a matter of picking the correct link option from the list which you can play with by using the Preview Post option next to Submit Reply below. It saved me from having all kinds of errors when I did diaries (that no one read).
Unread 01-08-2019, 10:02 PM
All Star

Match Card

Comments: Dirty White Boy

Comments: I think this will end in some sort of no contest

Comments: Smothers

Diary Comments: Woth the exception of the release of Mark Curtis (I understand the UC is the ref, i just love Mark curtis) and the East Tennessee legend Ron Wright, I’m enjoying it. SMW has a soft spot in my southern ‘rasslin loving heart.
Unread 01-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Major League

2 big notes, I've moved the weekly taping of SMW TV to Wednesday nights, as it is the only night that the entire roster is available. It will air on Thursday afternoons.

Also, I have decided to bring back the SMW big event for July, SMW Summer Blast. It will be a 2 hour show and take place live on Saturday, Week 4 of July.
Unread 01-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Major League

SMW TV
Wednesday, Week 2, July 1994
Mobile Civic Center- Mobile, AL
Show Attendance: 2,000
Show Announcers: Bob Caudle and ????

Segment 1

Quote:
As the show opened, Bob Caudle was at the broadcast booth by himself. He said he was sad to announce that Jim Cornette would no longer be joining him, but that he would like to introduce his new broadcast partner. He was young, hungry, and ready to work. Caudle then introduced his new color commentator, Corey Maclin! (46)
Segment 2

Quote:
The first match of the evening took place between The Thrillseekers and The Gangstas. This was a decent match between 2 young teams, and the crowd really loved it. New Jack and Chris Jericho stole the show for their teams, so it was only fitting that both of them were involved in the decision, as Jericho got New Jack in the Liontamer and forced him to tap out at the 14:07 mark, giving the Thrillseekers the early edge in the top contenders tournament. (59)
Segment 3
Quote:
Jim Cornette then came out to a roar of approval from the crowd. He said that Jake Roberts was completely out of line last week, and that as the new SMW General Manager, things were going to change. He mentioned the first big live show under "The Prodigy" era, set to take place in just over a couple weeks. He said that Roberts will defend his title at the show, but that he wasn't going to be bullied by a bully. Cornette said that Roberts will know who his opponent is if and when Cornette decides to tell him! (70)
Segment 4

Quote:
Our 2nd match of the evening was an SMW Beat the Champ Television Title Match between the current champion Tracy Smothers and challenger Bruiser Bedlam. Another decent match, but again it was the former Young Pistol coming out on top as he hit Bruiser Bedlam with a Jaw Jacker to get the pin at the 7:14 mark. That is defense #2 of the Beat the Champ Television Title for Smothers.
Segment 5

Quote:
After the match, Jake Roberts came out and attacked Smother, brutalizing him with several DDTs. He then laid his patented snake on top of Smothers and ripped the mic away from the ring announcer. "Cornette, you wanna play games with a snake? That, my friend, is the worst mistake you can possibly make. For every week that you don't tell me who my next opponent is, there will be another victim. You don't cut the head off of a snake, and you certainly don't leave a snake in suspense." Roberts left the ring with his snake, and a loud chorus of boos, completing his heel turn, which was a complete success. (62)
Segment 6

Quote:
Our main event of the evening saw a grudge match between Dirty White Boy and Scott Stud. DWB wanted to make it clear that Stud needed to stay away from Dirty White Girl, who did not accompany DWB to the ring. This match had excellent heat and decent wrestling, and Stud was in control until DWG came to ringside. DWB and DWG then proceeded to argue and Stud tried to get in between. Big mistake. With referee "The Prodigy" trying to get DWG off the ring apron, DWB hit Stud with a low blow and rolled him up for a cheap victory at the 16:43 mark, ending the show standing over Stud, telling him to "stay away from my woman!" (47)
Final Show Rating: 54

Thoughts from the Prodigy

Another disappointing show, in my eyes. This weeks rating was even lower than last weeks, and we lost popularity in 1 region, probably the Southeast. Look, I'm not saying that I ever expect SMW to be better than a regional company, but I'd at least like to feel like I'm putting on better shows. There's also a few problems with the top 3 contenders storyline that will be addressed in the weekly news recap. Maybe I'm expecting too much, I know the people in attendance loved the show, but I'm still not happy. Guys, am I expecting too much. I'm just a lowly 13 year old kid (total kayfabe, I'm much older in real life, although I really was 13 in 1994). I just want better.
Unread 01-10-2019, 03:28 PM
Major League

July 1994, Week 2 News and Notes

-- There are 2 incidents that have completely thrown the tag team contender round robin into complete chaos. First, New Jack has given his notice and will be leaving the company at the end of the week. When Mike "The Prodigy" Schaplowsky tried to offer him a contract extension, New Jack said thanks but no thanks. Because of this, the Thrillseekers went over the Gangstas this week. The original plan was for the Gangstas to win. With New Jack being gone, and no word on what Mustapha Saed is going to do, the Gangstas are out of the 3 team round robin #1 contender tournament. Taking their place will be a team to be announced, but all indications point to Well Dunn getting the nod.

-- Adding to the disarray is the fact that a botch move from New Jack caused Chris Jericho to suffered a bruised pectoral muscle. Jericho is expected to take about 19 days to recover, but plans to work through the injury. Whether the Prodigy will allow him to is another story. Also yet to be determined is how this will shake up the 3 team tournament.

-- The Prodigy is currently seeking a full time road agent for SMW. For the past 2 shows, he has had longtime veterans Bob Armstrong and Dory Funk Jr. helping with matches, but both have said they would rather remain active wrestlers.

-- The change in time slots and day being shown was very harmful to SMW this week, as this weeks edition of SMW TV drew just a .05 rating.

-- Right before the week ended, SMW owner "The Prodigy" worked out an interesting deal with Villano I to become a road agent for SMW. This one has a lot of people puzzled and feels like a rushed deal, but we'll see how it goes. It is said that Villano I will be the road agent for all matches on the tv show next week, but that The Prodigy is still looking for a 2nd road agent.
Unread 01-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR93WKU View Post
Match Card

Comments: I think Dirty White Boy is a top player and he needs a win as he was one of the top guys in this company over it's time. Hoping you stay with the originals for awhile before adding guys.

Comments: Two great teams hard to pick against the Thrillseekers but the Gangstas are hot right now.

Comments: Are you keeping the tradition where the Champion gets a title match after so many wins?

Diary Comments: Looking forward to the direction of this diary. I recall during this time where Jake was champion he was probably going to face Dirty White Boy at Night of Legends in a Snake Pit Match. I'm glad you are keeping Roberts and hope he stays clean and available for you because there are so many options for him.
To answer your questions, I did sign 2 new members to the roster that I expect will have a fairly big role at some point.

As far as Roberts goes, I'll be honest, my plan was to let his contract expire. He's costing me over $3,000 a show. But, in seeing that the company has tripled in money, going from $10,000 to $31,000 already (likely due to the alliance I formed with USWA and the "pot sharing"), I'm going to keep him around. So far drugs haven't been an issues, he hasn't shown up under the influence on either show. He is in a pretty big storyline right now, so I hope he stays clean. If he doesn't, I may have to rethink plans again. I think, if I remember right, sending to rehab won't be an option since he's on a PPA contract.

To the last point, I did look up the history of the SMW TV title, and did see where 5 defenses was the most a wrestler could make before vacating the title. Didn't say anything about an SMW Title shot though (I looked on Wikipedia, so who knows if the info was correct or not). I do have a plan for that, which will be revealed on the next show. Thanks for reading and commenting.
Unread 01-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Super Star

That's weird that you could only hold it for so long. I guess it was more because of the transitory nature of a lot of his talent at the time. I was at the wrong end of the state (and busy in college still at the wrong end of the state of KY) to ever get to watch SMW.

One thing I'll point out solely because money is such a huge issue. You don't actually have to have an assigned road agent. Bullet Bob and Dory Funk Jr. (though I imagine he can't be cheap) could still be wrestlers and do the RA in every match they're not in as I imagine they're great enough at it to give you a bonus to the matches. Honestly, I thought that's why you took Cornette off of commentary to have him do it, though I don't remember what stats he has in that mod, and I can't remember if you can RA and be on the announce team. But in my 1985 WCW game, I have Flair and Dusty (UC, so free though I'm using both 100% of the time) do all the Road Agenting.