Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-31-2018, 10:46 PM
Living Legend

WWF SUPERSTARS!
Attendance: 3,971
Overall Rating: B-
TV Rating: .44

Quote:
-At the announce booth, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone to WWF Superstars. They discuss tonight's match between Virgil and Tito Santana. Then they send us to the ring for our first bout.

-In an extremely short match, Saba Simba(C-) defeated Brooklyn Brawler(D) in 3:48 by pinfall with a Samoan Drop...C-

-A video is shown from WWF Prime Time Wrestling where Jake Roberts saves Sam Houston from Rick Martel...C

-In a bout that had terrible wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, Sam Houston(E+) defeated Bob Bradley(D) in 4:29 by pinfall with a Bulldog...F+

-In a video, Gene Okerlund hosts the Royal Rumble Event Center. Okerlund recaps the announcement that the winner of the Royal Rumble will receive a WWF Heavyweight title shot in the main event of WrestleMania. He sends us to a promo featuring The Texas Tornado. Tornado hypes the Royal Rumble and says that the Royal Rumble is going to be the epicenter of a F-5 tornado that carries him all the way to WrestleMania...B-

-In an extremely short match, Demolition.(Smash-C-, Crush-D+) defeated The Bushwhackers(Butch-C-, Luke-D) in 3:50 when Smash defeated Bushwhacker Luke by pinfall with a Demolition Decapitation...C-

-A recap video shows The Ultimate Warrior as the guest on Roddy Piper's Piper's Pit. During the interview, Randy Savage attacks Warrior from behind with the sceptor...A

-In a decent match, Tito Santana(B-) defeated Virgil(C-) in 9:39 when Virgil intentionally got counted out. During the match we also had The Million Dollar Man accidentally hit Virgil...B-

-A video plays recapping the match between Hulk Hogan and Earthquake from WWF Prime Time Wrestling. Hogan wins and then celebrates to close this show as well...B+
Unread 01-01-2019, 01:10 AM
Living Legend

Wrestling Observer Newsletter

World Wrestling Federation

Quote:
-WWF Prime Time Wrestling comes to you live this week from the Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis, Missouri. This is one of the most famous arenas in the world and it's only fitting that it's home to a show by the World Wrestling Federation. Our main event is a contest for the ages as The Million Dollar Man steps in the ring with Tito Santana! Last week, Ted DiBiase changed his partner for the match at the Royal Rumble when he dropped his bodyguard Virgil for The Undertaker. Virgil did not look happy about that. Will that play any role in tonight's contest? Also, last Saturday on Superstars, The Million Dollar Man forced Virgil to walk out of a match against Santana just to prove that he can do anything with his money. Virgil is said to be unhappy about taking that loss.

-The number one contender to the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight title, Sgt. Slaughter steps inside the ring to take on a man who knows all about changing his allegiance when he steps in the ring with Nikolai Volkoff. With the fall of the Soviet Union, Volkoff has turned his allegiance to the United States. He was part of a team that defeated Sgt. Slaughter's team at the 1990 Survivor Series. This is a battle of a new American against the Iraqi turncoat. Only one man can be victorious.

-Fans of the World Wrestling Federation can be excited as we will see another edition of Piper's Pit this week hosted by Roddy Piper. This week the special guests will be Dusty Rhodes and Dustin Rhodes! The American Dream and his son will obviously have a lot to say about their upcoming match at the Royal Rumble against The Million Dollar Man and The Undertaker. Piper's Pit is always a controversial show so look for some fireworks, as always.

-In our first hour main event, we will see the team of Power & Glory step in the ring to take on The Rockers. Both of these teams could challenge The Hart Foundation at any point for the World Wrestling Federation World Tag Team titles. This means that a victory will certainly raise them up the rankings in the same way that the victory last week did for The Legion of Doom.

Prediction Listing

Non-Title Match
Barry Hardy and Bob Bradley vs. The Hart Foundation
Comments:

The Undertaker vs. Shane Douglas
Comments:

Mike Sharpe vs. The British Bulldog
Comments:

Power & Glory vs. The Rockers
Comments:

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Nikolai Volkoff
Comments:

The Million Dollar Man vs. Tito Santana
Comments:

Thoughts On Diary:
Unread 01-01-2019, 11:20 AM
Low Minors

Non-Title Match
Comments: The Hart Foundation wins in a squash match.

Comments: Squash match. Waiting to see how the Undertaker and DiBiase relationship works out.

Comments: Glad to see Bulldog back. Squash match as he prepares for The Warlord

Comments: Going for sort of an upset here, maybe The Rockers start to lose some to build to a split by the end of the year.

Comments: Slaughter wins as I feel like he has a run as top heel coming up.

Comments: Thinking this could go either way and maybe Virgil accidently cost DiBiase the match.

Thoughts On Diary: Liking this so far. Glad to see Undertaker sticking with DiBiase longer, but I still hope to see Paul Bearer take over Undertaker keeping him heel for longer. Looking forward to the Rumble to see who walks out the winner and who will be competing for the World Title. So many options for WrestleMania at the moment.
Unread 01-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Hall of Fame

Non-Title Match
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:
Unread 01-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Low Minors

[left]Non-Title Match
Comments: Squash

Comments:Poor Shane

Comments: another squash

Power & Glory vs.The Rockers
Comments:The Rockers going over on this one

Comments:Slaughter takes this one and what a better way for him to get heat and remain as the strong heel by beating Volkoff who now has turned his allegiance to the United States

Comments:Million dollar man gets this one,but I see maybe Virgil accidentally almost costing Dibiase the match

Thoughts On Diary:As always great job. Got me wandering though. Jake Roberts saving Sam Houston from Martel. I think its got to do with more than Jake feuding with Rick. Could the truth come out (kinda like in the early 80's when Buzz Sawyer saved Brett Wayne. Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.
Unread 01-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Non-Title Match
Comments:

Comments:

Comments: These first three look like squash matches to me.

Comments: And hereīs were my inexperience starts to show, I go with Rockers here but itīs more of a guess than anything else since I have no idea were these two teams standed at this point of time.

Comments: Slaughter had promo time on last show and that would suggest that he has more going on so picking him based on that.

Comments: Normally I would go with DiBiase but I wonder if that Virgil storyline is going to affect this one.
Unread 01-02-2019, 04:26 PM

Non-Title Match
Comments: Squash- Hart Foundation

Comments: Squash #2- Undertaker

Comments: Squash #3- British Bulldog

Comments: The Rockers

Comments: Sgt. Slaughter

Comments: This one could go either way. I see Virgil getting involved somehow. I say Santana wins after Virgil "accidentally" costs DiBiase the match.

Thoughts On Diary: Really liking it so far.
Unread 01-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Rookie

Non-Title Match
Barry Hardy and Bob Bradley vs. The Hart Foundation - Hart Foundation

The Undertaker vs. Shane Douglas - Taker

Mike Sharpe vs. The British Bulldog - Bulldog

Power & Glory vs. The Rockers - Rockers

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Nikolai Volkoff - Slaughter

The Million Dollar Man vs. Tito Santana - DiBiase
Unread 01-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Phenom

Prediction Listing

Non-Title Match
Comments: No Brainer right here

Comments: And again.....shame, because Douglas was a decent little face back in the day, although he was probably better suited to WCW around this time

Comments: Squash number three

Comments: I know a lot of people have gone for the Rockers here, but I'm going the other way....P&G were a great team, and we're on a hell of a hot streak around this time, to the point that had the LoD not come in when they did I really think they could have been in with a shot at the titles.....their finishing move was tremendous as well

Comments: My lord I would have skipped this match, not a huge fan of Sarge, even less of a fan of Nikolai

Comments: Should be a great match, but no way is Deebs losing here....although you have been known to throw a few curve balls in from time to time so I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Chico pick up a surprise win
Unread 01-04-2019, 02:40 AM
Living Legend

PRO WRESTLING ILLUSTRATED
ARENA REPORTS

Quote:
WCW POWER HOUR
Wednesday Week 1 January 1991

The Renegade Warriors defeated The State Patrol by DQ...D
Ranger Ross went to a no contest with Pat Rose...D
Z-Man defeated Lethal Larry...D+

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
Wednesday Week 1 January 1991

ANGLE: Backstage segment with Missy Hyatt and Lex Luger...B-
Ricky Morton & Tommy Rich defeated The Master Blasters...C+
Bobby Eaton defeated Scott Armstrong...C+
ANGLE: Confrontation involving Sting and Arn Anderson...B-
ANGLE: Confrontation involving Dustin Rhodes and Moondog Rex...D+
Dustin Rhodes defeated Moondog Rex by DQ...C-
ANGLE: Backstage segment with Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes...B+
ANGLE: Pre-match interview with Kevin Sullivan...C
Kevin Sullivan defeated Keith Hart...C
ANGLE: Backstage segment with The Steiner Brothers and The Fabulous Freebirds...C-
The Fabulous Freebirds defeated The Steiner Brothers...C+
===
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR93WKU View Post
Thoughts On Diary: Liking this so far. Glad to see Undertaker sticking with DiBiase longer, but I still hope to see Paul Bearer take over Undertaker keeping him heel for longer. Looking forward to the Rumble to see who walks out the winner and who will be competing for the World Title. So many options for WrestleMania at the moment.
Hey RyanR93WKU! Thanks for predicting and commenting. I can say that Paul Bearer is currently on the roster. Whether he will come out as Paul Bearer or Percival Pringle III is still yet to be determined. I am actually a fan of Brother Love. Maybe that comes from being raised in the south. Glad to see you're looking forward to the Rumble. There are definitely a lot of options for the winner. I know exactly who it's going to be. For you to find out, make sure you keep tuned in and call your local cable or satellite company for availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman4lyfe View Post
Thoughts On Diary:As always great job. Got me wandering though. Jake Roberts saving Sam Houston from Martel. I think its got to do with more than Jake feuding with Rick. Could the truth come out (kinda like in the early 80's when Buzz Sawyer saved Brett Wayne. Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.
Hey horseman4lyfe! Thanks for the comments and predictions. Very interesting with Jake Roberts saving Sam Houston, huh? I wonder what could happen with this. Make sure you tune in and find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsden03 View Post
Thoughts On Diary: Really liking it so far.
Hey lionsden03! Thanks for the predictions and comments. I am glad that you're liking this diary so far. I hope to continue drawing in some favor from you and from all the readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by to4sty View Post
Comments: And again.....shame, because Douglas was a decent little face back in the day, although he was probably better suited to WCW around this time

Comments: I know a lot of people have gone for the Rockers here, but I'm going the other way....P&G were a great team, and we're on a hell of a hot streak around this time, to the point that had the LoD not come in when they did I really think they could have been in with a shot at the titles.....their finishing move was tremendous as well

Comments: Should be a great match, but no way is Deebs losing here....although you have been known to throw a few curve balls in from time to time so I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Chico pick up a surprise win
Hey to4sty! Thanks for the predictions and comments. I definitely agree with your take on Shane Douglas. Yeah, he was probably better suited to WCW right now. But I think that kid has a future, maybe somewhere on the indy scene eventually.

I am a fan of both The Rockers and Power & Glory. I feel that P&G were definitely underrated and had a top 5 best tag team finishing move of all time. I think that both of these teams should have won the WWF World Tag Team titles at some point.

I am definitely known for throwing curveballs from time to time. I have a tendency to pick a wrestler or team that never got a big push and give them a push just based on the fact that I like them.
Unread 01-04-2019, 01:38 PM
Major League

Non-Title Match
Comments: Obvious squash match here

Comments: I really liked Shane Douglas back then, especially in his NWA/WCW days. Unfortunately, he shouldn't be a match for Taker.

Comments: Sharpe was one of many legendary WWF jobbers. He might give Bulldog a run.

Comments: A good match here. I like the Rockers, but Power and Glory, as others have said, deserved a chance at the tag titles.

Comments: Your classic American anti-American vs. Anti-American hero so to speak. Problem is, Slaughter was on a roll back then and I don't think Volkoff can stick with him.

Comments: I feel like this match won't end cleanly. I wouldn't even be surprised if it ended by DQ. I'd be shocked if Virgil didn't play a role.

Thoughts On Diary: Very good start, keep it up. Would really like to see someone take a WWF or WCW roster from the early 90's and turn it into a brand split like I tried to do.
Unread 01-05-2019, 04:01 AM
Living Legend

WWF PRIME TIME WRESTLING!
Monday Week 2 January 1991
Attendance: 9,300
Overall Rating: B+
TV Rating: 4.59

Quote:

[This week's live edition of WWF Prime Time Wrestling begins at the announce booth with Vince McMahon, Gorilla Monsoon and Roddy Piper! McMahon welcomes everyone to the USA network and the Kiel Auditorium. He announces that tonight we are going to see wrestlers like Sgt. Slaughter and The British Bulldog in action. Monsoon then announces that tonight we will see The Million Dollar Man step in the ring with Tito Santana in what should be an amazing match. Roddy Piper then adds that tonight we will head into the Pit with Dusty and Dustin Rhodes. He says that he has a lot of questions for those two as they head into their Royal Rumble match against The Million Dollar Man and The Undertaker. Monsoon speaks up and says that it's time to go to the opening contest of the night as we see the WWF World Tag Team Champions The Hart Foundation in action.]
Match #1
Quote:

Non-Title Match

[In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, The Hart Foundation(Hart-B, Neidhart-C+) defeated Barry Hardy(E) and Bob Bradley(D-) in 3:40 when Bret Hart defeated Bob Bradley by pinfall with a Hart Attack.]

Winners: The Hart Foundation (Via Pinfall @ 3:40)
Match Rating: C-
Quote:

[The Hart Foundation pick up a big win tonight in the opening match. They celebrate inside the ring with the WWF World Tag Team title belts. The cameras zoom in on a child wearing a pair of Bret Hart sunglasses. The Titantron, though, lights up to reveal Mr. Fuji and Orient Express. Fuji says that The Hart Foundation are stupid wrestlers and not deserving of the tag team titles unlike Fuji's Orient Express. Fuji says that these two men are smart enough to listen to Mr. Fuji and that means that he is going to take them all the way to the top and that means defeating Hart Foundation. So he issues challenge to Hart Foundation at Royal Rumble. Hart Foundation versus Orient Express for the World Wrestling Federation World Tag Team titles. He says that how they answer will determine whether or not they are stupid or cowards. They have to be one or the other because it's stupid to face Orient Express but coward to refuse this challenge. Bret gets on the microphone and tells Fuji to shut up. He says that The Anvil and he will accept the challenge for the match at the Royal Rumble. But they better be prepared to be excellently executed by two of Canada's best wrestlers. Fuji smiles on the Titantron, declaring The Hart Foundation to be stupid Canadians before we cut away from the ring.]
Quote:

[It is time for Update hosted by Gene Okerlund! Mean Gene says that they just got a new match for the Royal Rumble but last week something very odd happened. He sends us to a video clip of Jake Roberts saving Sam Houston from Rick Martel. Okerlund reminds us that Houston seemed very comfortable around that snake. Maybe we'll find out why as he sends us to a promo featuring The Snake and Houston. During this promo, Roberts makes the announcement that Sam Houston is, indeed, his half-brother. He seems that they share the same father and grew up together, which is why Damian reacted the way he did to Houston last week. He says that Rick Martel knew that Houston was Roberts' brother and tried to take him out because of that but it didn't work. Houston pipes up, issuing a challenge for next week. He wants a rematch against Rick Martel. He says that he knows he can beat Martel and he knows that Roberts will beat Martel at the Royal Rumble. Roberts warns Martel that there will be consequences if he doesn't accept this challenge. Trust me. Roberts tells Houston that he and Damian will be at ringside for this contest to make sure that Martel doesn't cheat. He gives that devilish smile and tells Houston to trust him. Houston gives a devilish smile back and then we head to the ring for another 'devil' in action.]
Match #2
Quote:

[In an extremely short match, The Undertaker(C+) defeated Shane Douglas(D) in 3:55 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver.]

Winner: The Undertaker (Via Pinfall @ 3:55)
Quote:

[A music video begins to play featuring a man who is coming soon to the World Wrestling Federation. WCW fans would recognize this man as 'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff. Koloff is shown working out to the USSR National Anthem. He is shown lifting weights and punching a punching bag. Then he is shown in the ring where he takes down a wrestler with his signature Russian Sickle. Koloff turns and looks into the camera, exposing his tongue before saying that he is coming to WWF to prove that Russian athletes are the best athletes in the world. However, he is not coming alone. He says that next week you will find out just exactly who he is bringing with him. He finishes things by saying that they will make their debut as part of the Royal Rumble match and that for twenty eight other wrestlers there will be Sickles All Around. Koloff throws a punch, knocking the camera backward and onto the ground before we go back to the ring.]
Match #3
Quote:

[In an extremely short match, The British Bulldog(C-) defeated Mike Sharpe(D+) in 3:44 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam.]

Winner: The British Bulldog (Via Pinfall @ 3:44)
Quote:

[From the ring we move to a locker room type setting where Gene Okerlund is standing by with The Rockers. He begins this by announcing that Hercules is not in the building tonight. Therefore, this has been changed to a one on one match where one of The Rockers will take on Paul Roma. Shawn Michaels says that this is typical of a team like Power & Glory. They think that they can just do whatever they want here. Well, that doesn't fly with The Rockers. Jannetty agrees and says that even a one on one win tonight should move them up the rankings. Jannetty and Michaels play rock, paper, scissors to determine who gets to be in the match. Jannetty throws scissors and Michaels throws rock. This means that it's going to be Shawn Michaels against Paul Roma one on one. Michaels says that he and Jannetty are future WWF World Tag Team Champions and they are ready to rock tonight. He says that Roma better be ready for that. Okerlund sends us to the ring for this first hour main event match.]
Match #4
Quote:

Paul Roma vs. Shawn Michaels

[Our first hour main event is here and Slick escorts Paul Roma to the ring, while Shawn Michaels comes out alone. This is definitely a fast-paced match between these two smaller wrestlers. After some back and forth between the two, Roma catches Michaels with a picture perfect dropkick in the center of the ring. Roma flexes to boos from this crowd. Roma lifts Michaels and runs him into the turnbuckles upside down, tying him up in the tree of woe position. He steps back and then rushes, ramming a hard knee into the ribs of Michaels before pulling him down. The crowd begins clapping to try and bring Michaels back into the match as Roma heads to the top turnbuckle. Roma goes for his Glory Splash off the top turnbuckle but Michaels gets a boot up and Roma crashes head-first into the boot. Michaels gets a second wind, nipping up and catching Roma with a clothesline. Michaels climbs backward to the second turnbuckle and leaps, catching Roma with an Asai Moonsault in the ring. Michaels goes into a jackknife cover but only gets a two count on Roma. As Michaels gets up, Slick climbs onto the apron. Michaels walks over and grabs Slick, threatening to punch him! Slick keeps Michaels distracted as Roma gets to his feet behind him. Roma charges in but Michaels releases Slick, ducking and Roma nearly hits Slick! A shocked Slick drops off the apron as Roma turns -- Superkick! Michaels drops Roma with a superkick right underneath the chin! Michaels makes the cover: One, Two, Three!]

Winner: Shawn Michaels (Via Pinfall @ 10:12)
Match Rating: C+
Quote:

[Before the first hour ends, we are taken to a video. That's right, it's time for the Royal Rumble Event Center hosted by Sean Mooney! Mooney discusses the upcoming Royal Rumble match where we will see wrestlers such as Demolition, Hulk Hogan and these men. He sends us to a short promo featuring Bobby Heenan, Mr. Perfect, Haku and The Barbarian. Heenan says that one of these men surrounding him is going to be headed to WrestleMania to take the WWF Heavyweight title. After all, they have the smartest man in professional wrestling in their corner. Haku and The Barbarian look menacing in the background as Mr. Perfect says that he will not be looking to trade in the Intercontinental title for the Heavyweight title but he will be the one man who is able to defend them both. Why is that? Because he is the only man in the WWF who is absolutely perfect. We go back to Sean Mooney, who continues his list of wrestlers in the Royal Rumble, including men like Tugboat, Big Bossman and Saba Simba. Each of those three wrestlers cut a short promo talking about why they will be the winners of the Royal Rumble. Bossman, also, hypes that he will be taking on Mr. Perfect for the Intercontinental title on the same night. Saba Simba claims to be making the win for Africa and those tribal nations. His promo is the last of the first hour as we go back to the ring.]
Quote:

[It's time for Piper's Pit hosted by Roddy Piper! Piper reminds everyone that we are getting closer to the Royal Rumble and that means some very big matches. One of those big matches will feature the two guests on Piper's Pit tonight, Dusty Rhodes and Dustin Rhodes. The crowd cheers as these two men come out from the back and head to the Pit. Dusty shakes hands with Piper first and then Dustin does the same. Piper says that he's happy to have these two men here with him but he is a little bit worried about their chances now that The Undertaker will be teaming with The Million Dollar Man. Piper asks Dusty about that change and Dusty reminds everyone that he was in the match when The Undertaker made his debut. But things are going to be different this time around because the American Dream is going to come out on top. He says that it doesn't matter whether it's DiBiase or The Undertaker that feels the Bionic Elbow, daddy. Piper then turns his attention to Dustin, talking about the youth of Dustin Rhodes and whether he is ready for this match. Dustin says that he grew up all around this business, learning from his father. Dustin's comments are interrupted by the laughter of The Million Dollar Man over the P.A. system.]

[The Million Dollar Man, Virgil, The Undertaker and Brother Love walk out from the back and walk toward the ring. They enter the ring with Virgil holding the ropes open for all three men begrudgingly. Dusty and Dustin Rhodes look ready for a fight with Roddy Piper stepping in and saying that those four were not invited to the Pit. He says that the only one he might even invite to be here would be Virgil. He says that Virgil needs to learn to stand up for himself and he will help him if necessary. DiBiase speaks up, saying that he isn't here for a fight. Instead, he is here to make an offer to Dusty and Dustin Rhodes. He says that those two will have the opportunity to get ready of him and The Undertaker in one night. He proposes that they make their match a loser leaves WWF match. Dusty looks concerned about that but Dustin immediately accepts! Dustin says that he will be the one to send The Million Dollar Man away from Virgil. He looks to Virgil, who has that stoic look on his face. Virgil just shakes his head and DiBiase laughs, saying that they will be done with the entire Rhodes family at the Royal Rumble. The Million Dollar Man makes a motion and Virgil holds the ropes open for the other three men to leave as Piper talks about another major announcement has just happened on Piper's Pit. With that, we go to a promo.]
Quote:

[This promo features the WWF Heavyweight Champion The Ultimate Warrior! Warrior is standing in front of a Warrior logo background with the WWF Heavyweight title belt over his shoulder. He says that at the end of the month he is stepping foot to foot with the Iraqi Sympathizer Sgt. Slaughter. Warrior says that Slaughter may have tried to get someone else to do his dirty work for him before the Royal Rumble but he is still the last warrior standing. He says that he will always be the strongest presence in the World Wrestling Federation even as his momentum takes him toward the turncoat Sgt. Slaughter. He says that he has listened to the words of all of his little Warriors and they give him strength. They give him the strength to step foot in the ring with a man who truly has no friends, only enemies. He says that no one can trust someone who doesn't believe in themselves. That is the problem with Sgt. Slaughter. But that will come at the Royal Rumble. Next week on Prime Time Wrestling he challenges Randy Savage to come to the ring at the beginning of the show and look him in the eyes instead of attacking him from behind. He says that the power of the warrior will look right through Randy Savage and he will become a prisoner of his own endless self-worth. He says that the reign of the Macho King will fall under the foot of the man who is not just a warrior but he is The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior snarls and dares Randy Savage to come to Prime Time Wrestling next week but warns him that will be the biggest mistake of his career. Once a man looks The Ultimate Warrior in the eyes he will know that he is beaten and bested and that will be a prophecy fulfilled both next week and at the Royal Rumble. Warrior poses and we head to the ring.]
Match #5
Quote:

[In a decent match, Sgt. Slaughter(B-) defeated Nikolai Volkoff(C-) in 5:31 by submission with a Cobra Clutch.]

Winner: Sgt. Slaughter (Via Submission @ 5:31)
Match Rating: B-
Quote:

[Sgt. Slaughter has picked up the victory over Nikolai Volkoff, releasing him and tossing him to the mat. Slaughter looks down at Volkoff and gives him a salute of dismissal. Then his eyes turn to the American flag that Volkoff brought down to the ring. Slaughter motions to General Adnan and it takes a moment before Adnan realizes this but Adnan makes it over and grabs the flag, handing it off to Slaughter. Then he gives Slaughter a lighter and a microphone. Slaughter says that he is going to burn this flag as a symbol of the United States being burned to the ground by the Iraqi forces. He says that, like The Ultimate Puke, the United States does not stand a chance against their enemies. As he flicks the lighter, 'Real American' begins to play and out from the back comes Hulk Hogan! Hogan races down toward the ring, sliding in and beginning to brawl with Slaughter! The flagpole falls in the corner as Hogan and Slaughter trade punches in the center of the ring. With the power of his Hulkamaniacs, Hogan starts to get the advantage. First, he sends General Adnan over the top rope with a clothesline and then turns back to Slaughter. Slaughter quickly escapes the ring before further damage can be done. Hogan grabs the flag and begins to wave it in the center of the ring as the announcers cheer on The Immortal one. USA chants fill the arena as the crowd is definitely on the side of Hogan. Hogan poses and continues to wave the flag in the middle of the ring before we go to another interview.]
Quote:

[Lord Alfred Hayes is shown backstage with one of the two men in our main event contest, Tito Santana. Hayes asks Santana about the match and Santana reminds Ted DiBiase that sometimes money doesn't buy everything you want. Sometimes money is just money. He says that DiBiase tried to buy the WWF Heavyweight title but that belt is not for sale. You have to earn that title and that means beating the best in this business. Santana says that right now The Ultimate Warrior is the best because he earned the WWF Heavyweight title. However, that doesn't mean that Tito Satana isn't striving to be the very best that the WWF has to offer. Santana says that The Million Dollar Man is one of the very best in the WWF. He has all the skill and talent to go very far but all of that skill and talent will only get him so far because he doesn't have the support of these WWF fans. Santana says that with their support he is going to go right to the very top and get these main event matches that DiBiase himself is trying to find. Santana speaks a few sentences in Spanish, talking about how he has all of his Spanish-speaking fans in the building and watching around the world. Tonight he is going to prove that money doesn't win matches. Arriba! Hayes sends us to the ring because it's time for this main event.]
Match #6
Quote:

[It is main event time and we have two of the best wrestlers in the world today stepping inside the ring as The Million Dollar Man takes on Tito Santana. The Million Dollar Man is escorted to the ring by his bodyguard/man-servant Virgil. Once the bell sounds, Ted DiBiase offers Tito Santana a handful of bills to simply lie down and take the loss. Santana knocks the money out of the way and catches DiBiase with a dropkick! Both men pop up and Santana drops DiBiase with two straight arm drags and then transitions into an armbar. Santana wrenches on the arm for about twenty seconds before DiBiase fights his way up to his feet. DiBiase grabs Santana by the hair and drags him back into a corner. The referee looks for a clean break but DiBiase pokes Santana in the eye! DiBiase gets into control and begins focusing in on the back of Santana. He catches Santana with a body slam and then a fist drop that scores a two count. DiBiase picks up Santana and goes for The Million Dollar Dream but Santana pulls them both to the ropes, using the ropes to break the hold. DiBiase kicks Santana in the gut and brings him over with a gutwrench suplex in the center of the ring. He picks up Santana and tosses him out of the ring by Virgil's feet. DiBiase gets the attention of the official and Virgil looks down at Santana. Santana begins pulling himself up using the body of Virgil. Virgil grabs Santana and just rolls him back in the ring. DiBiase walks over and then exits the ring, arguing with Virgil. He shoves Virgil and Virgil's right hand curls into a fist but he backs down as Santana catches DiBiase with a baseball slide kick! Santana throws DiBiase back in the ring and joins him inside. Santana sends DiBiase to a corner and rushes in with an avalanche in the corner! DiBiase staggers out and Santana rolls him up:]

[....1....

...Kickout!]

[Tito Santana was within half a count away of picking up a huge victory over The Million Dollar Man! Santana locks DiBiase in a headlock and brings him to the mat with a headlock takeover. DiBiase works his way to his feet and sends Santana to the ropes -- reversed! DiBiase bounces off the ropes and Santana goes for a dropkick but DiBiase holds on to the top rope to stop his momentum. Santana crashes to the mat with that missed dropkick. DiBiase brings the action back outside the ring where he rams Santana head-first on the ring apron. DiBiase grabs Santana around the waist, pulls back in a bear hug position before ramming him back-first into the ring apron. DiBiase stops the count and then grabs Santana, Irish whipping him into the steel barricade. DiBiase tosses Santana back in the ring and joins him inside, moving to the second turnbuckle. He leaps and catches Santana with a pointed elbow to the skull. DiBiase celebrates by posing on the second turnbuckle, facing the crowd. He takes in the boos from this audience here in the Kiel Auditorium. DiBiase turns back around and picks up Santana but Santana fires back with a few punches, first to the gut and then to the head. DiBiase falls to his knees, begging off from Santana but Santana doesn't back down. Instead, he fires a few more punches before sending DiBiase to the ropes. Santana lowers his head slightly too early and DiBiase catches him with a running knee lift before hooking on The Million Dollar Dream! DiBiase has the Million Dollar Dream hold on from out of nowhere. But they are in the center of the ring. The referee asks Santana and then calls for the bell.]

Winner: The Million Dollar Man (Via Submission @ 20:01)
Match Rating: B
Quote:

[It would seem that Tito Santana has passed out in the Million Dollar Dream hold by The Million Dollar Man. Ted DiBiase drops Santana to the mat before motioning Virgil into the ring. He speaks with Virgil, getting a one hundred dollar bill from his bodyguard. He motions to Virgil to put the bill in the mouth of Tito Santana but Virgil shakes his head, refusing. DiBiase begins berating Virgil off-microphone before slapping him. Two more slaps nearly knock Virgil down to the mat. Virgil's fingers curl into fists, looking like he's ready to fight back against DiBiase. In the announce booth, Roddy Piper cheers on Virgil, hoping that Virgil will turn here on DiBiase. Virgil draws his arm back but DiBiase steps in and whispers in Virgil's ear. After the whisper, Virgil looks dejected and beaten. He takes the bill and turns back to Tito Santana, stuffing the bill in Santana's mouth as DiBiase raises his arms up in victory. The Million Dollar Man celebrates in the ring as Roddy Piper says he's disappointed with Virgil. WWF Prime Time Wrestling comes to an end as Ted DiBiase celebrates in the ring, doing an extra stomp to Santana. We'll see you this Saturday for WWF Superstars!]
Unread 01-05-2019, 04:34 AM
Living Legend

Prediction Contest

Quote:
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is proud to bring you this prediction contest for the results of the World Wrestling Federation's shows. This prediction contest will run until the end of WrestleMania 7. Therefore, it will only end following March 1991.

For each time you get the most right, you receive a point/win. The person with the most points/wins will get a special prize from the Newsletter and the World Wrestling Federation. Good luck to everyone.

1. KnowYourEnemy=2 Points
horseman4lyfe=2 Points
Bigelow Cartwheel=2 Points

4. lionsden03=1 Point
bonnie=1 Point
RyanR93WKU=1 Point
sportsfanmas=1 Point
Zergon=1 Point
to4sty=1 Point
Kijar=1 Point
===
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanmas View Post
Comments: I really liked Shane Douglas back then, especially in his NWA/WCW days. Unfortunately, he shouldn't be a match for Taker.

Thoughts On Diary: Very good start, keep it up. Would really like to see someone take a WWF or WCW roster from the early 90's and turn it into a brand split like I tried to do.
Hey sportsfanmas! Thanks for the predictions and comments. I really liked Shane Douglas as well. I liked him in his NWA/WCW days and in his days as The Franchise. But right now he's not much more than a jobber. That, however, can change as we move forward.

I'm glad you like the start of the diary so far. I can tell you that you cannot expect a brand split as of right now. Despite my large roster, I just don't see the brand split as being realistic. Luckily, everyone can play the game in their own way and their own style. What might not work for me can definitely work for someone else. But thank you for reading and commenting and predicting. I really do appreciate the support.
Unread 01-06-2019, 04:25 AM
Living Legend

WWF SUPERSTARS!
Saturday Week 2 January 1991 (Taped Thursday)
Attendance: 2,916
Overall Rating: B+
TV Rating: .46

Quote:
-At the announce booth, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone to WWF Superstars. They hype tonight's main event where Randy Savage takes on Koko B. Ware. Monsoon sends us to the ring for our opening bout...B

-In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Orient Express(Tanaka-C-, Kato-D) defeated Shane Douglas(D) and Brian Costello(D-) in 5:48 when Kato defeated Brian Costello by pinfall with a Super Kick...D+

-A video plays recapping The Million Dollar Man vs. Tito Santana from last Monday's Prime Time Wrestling. DiBiase wins the match...B-

-At a staging area, Brother Love hosts the Brother Love Show. His special guest is none other than Hulk Hogan, who comes to the show to hype his appearance in the upcoming Royal Rumble match. He promises to win the Royal Rumble and go on to main event WrestleMania and win the WWF Heavyweight title. Love disagrees and so does The Undertaker, who steps out from the shadows and goes face-to-face with Hulk Hogan. The two men stare each other down before Love steps in between them and tells The Undertaker to save it for the Royal Rumble. He tells Hogan to leave his show before hyping The Undertaker and the Royal Rumble to end the segment...A

-In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, The Rockers(B-) defeated Brooklyn Brawler(D-) and Mike Sharpe(D+) in 5:51 when Shawn Michaels defeated Mike Sharpe by pinfall with a Rocker-Plex...C+

-From an office, Jack Tunney approves the stipulation on the match featuring The Million Dollar Man and The Undertaker taking on Dustin Rhodes and Dusty Rhodes. The losers of the match will leave the World Wrestling Federation...C+

-In a decent match, Randy Savage(A) defeated Koko B. Ware(D) in 11:32 by pinfall with a Flying Elbow Drop...B+

-Having picked up the victory, Randy Savage celebrates in the ring. He takes a microphone and tells The Ultimate Warrior that he will be there this week on Prime Time Wrestling and ready to go face-to-face with the paper champion. He warns Warrior that this might be his last night in the business, dig it? Savage tosses away the microphone and continues celebrating as the show comes to an end...A
Unread 01-06-2019, 04:51 AM
Living Legend

World Wrestling Federation

Quote:
-WWF Prime Time Wrestling comes to you live this week from the San Francisco Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, California. We have a huge main event this week as Mr. Perfect defends the Intercontinental title against Greg Valentine. In order to earn this title shot, The Hammer defeated Koko B. Ware in a show in Illinois. He is also a former Intercontinental Champion, having won the title back in 1984. Can Valentine become a two time Champion? Bobby Heenan would definitely say no as the two time Intercontinental Champion plans to keep his title here and go on to the Royal Rumble where he will be facing Big Bossman. Will that match be for the title or will Valentine head into the Royal Rumble as the new Intercontinental Champion? Make sure you tune in to the USA network to find out.

-We will also see The Model Rick Martel in action as he takes on Sam Houston. This is a rematch from a couple of weeks ago where Martel refused to release the Quebec Crab and Houston's brother Jake Roberts made the save. WWF President Jack Tunney granted Houston this request for a rematch this week on Prime Time Wrestling. But most would still consider a Houston victory an upset. But anything can happen in the World Wrestling Federation and on Prime Time Wrestling.

-In the first hour main event we will see an Over The Top Rope Challenge Match. This means that the win can only come when one man throws his opponent over the top rope and both of his feet hit the floor. As an added incentive in this match, the winner will be able to select from 25-30 in the upcoming Royal Rumble match. The two participants in this match will be two men who got into an argument a couple of weeks ago on Prime Time Wrestling: The Warlord and The British Bulldog. Both of these men are possible frontrunners for the Royal Rumble so a victory and being able to select to come out in the back end of the Royal Rumble will definitely give them an advantage in that match.

-As we learned on WWF Superstars and Prime Time Wrestling last week, The Ultimate Warrior is looking to confront Randy Savage. The Macho King was denied a guaranteed title match against The Warrior if The Warrior wins at the Royal Rumble by The Ultimate Warrior himself. This caused Savage to come out and attack Warrior from behind during a Piper's Pit segment. This time, The Ultimate Warrior wants to go face-to-face with The Macho King. What will happen when these two men kick off Prime Time Wrestling this week?

-Plus we will see Earthquake and Dino Bravo in action, Orient Express will face The Bushwhackers and more right here on Prime Time Wrestling!

Prediction Listing

Mike Sharpe vs. Big Bossman
Comments:

Earthquake and Dino Bravo vs. Shane Douglas and Al Burke
Comments:

Orient Express vs. The Bushwhackers
Comments:

Over The Top Rope Challenge Match
Winner Chooses Between 25-30 In The Royal Rumble
The Warlord vs. The British Bulldog
Comments:

Rick Martel vs. Sam Houston