Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-12-2018, 02:09 PM

Default Local to Global - Stuck on Small

I am using the Cornelverse and started as a new company with $10,000. I am now a small company with a rating of 12 and a popularity rating of 14. My ratings haven’t changed over the last year. Just about breaking even each month so there’s not much more I can do that would add cost. The one thing that has happened is the economy is falling and it’s currently a D and falling. The wrestling industry is currently a B and falling.

I am currently running a show each month with about three matches and one angle. I also have two storylines going. There are four other companies in my region and I usually place 3rd or 4th each month. Also have 0 momentum.

Any advice or tips on how to make progress for my popularity or importance, or do I need to wait until the economy gets better.
Unread 07-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Low Minors

Run more shows. It's counterintuitive because you'll run up debt at first but the popularity gain should counteract it.

I'm doing a 0/0/0/1000 RTG and that's how I grew to cult in three years. Personally though I did stay at small for an extra year to build up a war chest.

Tv is also important but the key to my companies success has just been outworking the competition. We've actually won most improved company three years in a row using this method.

You might run into overuse penalty for some matches but that's what triple threats and fatal four ways are for.
Unread 07-12-2018, 05:41 PM
Living Legend

Yep, to beat the AI (which is very good at booking smaller feds) you have to wear them down through attrition. If you gain 6 points of overness in a month from running weekly shows, it doesn't matter if you lose 4 points at month's end; In 3 months you'll be gaining 8 points, in 6 months 10 points, and so on.

You need a fair bank roll to do this, and tackling it with a falling economy isn't great, but if you want to get to Regional (and make real money) then you need to power through.

Regional is over 29 importance in your home territory, I think; Start running weekly and your main event crew's popularity will skyrocket* from the increased exposure and your match ratings will rise with them because your fans will be more into the matches. At Small, there's a big difference between a D and a C- show rating, after all.

*Relatively speaking. You're a Small fed, after all.
Unread 07-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Low Minors

Running weekly shows and 1 monthly show is a MUST if you want to turn the corner economically when you start from 0
Unread 07-12-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigINMoldova View Post
Run more shows. It's counterintuitive because you'll run up debt at first but the popularity gain should counteract it.

I'm doing a 0/0/0/1000 RTG and that's how I grew to cult in three years. Personally though I did stay at small for an extra year to build up a war chest.

Tv is also important but the key to my companies success has just been outworking the competition. We've actually won most improved company three years in a row using this method.

You might run into overuse penalty for some matches but that's what triple threats and fatal four ways are for.
OK, I've done this - running one show each week and then one monthly show (for a total of 5 shows each month). But I'm losing about $4,000 each month. Right now I have about a $20,000 negative balance, but my momentum and prestige are both improving, but only slightly. I just want to be sure I should continue doing this and don't go bankrupt. How long should I keep going with a negative balance. Wrestling Industry and Economy continue to fall.
Unread 07-13-2018, 06:41 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL1976 View Post
OK, I've done this - running one show each week and then one monthly show (for a total of 5 shows each month). But I'm losing about $4,000 each month. Right now I have about a $20,000 negative balance, but my momentum and prestige are both improving, but only slightly. I just want to be sure I should continue doing this and don't go bankrupt. How long should I keep going with a negative balance. Wrestling Industry and Economy continue to fall.
When you are recently created you have 12 months of grace where you basically can't be bankrupted and you have the time to comeback to black. After the year you can be closed due to bank ruptcy anytime really.
Unread 07-13-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
When you are recently created you have 12 months of grace where you basically can't be bankrupted and you have the time to comeback to black. After the year you can be closed due to bank ruptcy anytime really.
Right, but I知 following the strategy suggested here so I知 asking or wondering is it normal to be in the red for a few months and at what point would you turn around. If you have a 12+ month window you have a limited amount of time. Some play thoughs on YouTube suggest always keeping finances and staying in the black a priority but the posts above indicate otherwise, so I知 a little unsure if this will work as I知 losing cash each month and already $20,000 in the red.
Unread 07-13-2018, 10:31 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Right, but I知 following the strategy suggested here so I知 asking or wondering is it normal to be in the red for a few months and at what point would you turn around. If you have a 12+ month window you have a limited amount of time. Some play thoughs on YouTube suggest always keeping finances and staying in the black a priority but the posts above indicate otherwise, so I知 a little unsure if this will work as I知 losing cash each month and already $20,000 in the red.
How long ago your company was created?

Do you have cheap workers? In the range of 200 - 400 for appareance?
Unread 07-13-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
How long ago your company was created?

Do you have cheap workers? In the range of 200 - 400 for appareance?
It's been in business for 18 months, at the small level for about 6 months. Workers range from $240 to $700, but I book mostly under $500.
Unread 07-13-2018, 12:20 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
It's been in business for 18 months, at the small level for about 6 months. Workers range from $240 to $700, but I book mostly under $500.
You are screwed then, better get back to look after the finances until you grow very slowly or start over again with weekly shows and a monthly show always in the same region...
Unread 07-13-2018, 07:47 PM
All Star

At this point the best advice I can offer is to run additional shows to bring up the overness. If finances get to be an issue take off a month or two to recover your balance. Don稚 go more than two months showless or else you will start to lose overness.
Unread 07-13-2018, 10:30 PM
Super Star

Easiest way to progress is my "Do you make profit?" rule.

When you run a show do you make a profit?

If yes run a another show per month. Do both make profit? Run a show each week? Still making profit? Sign better workers.

If you answer no to any question keep up with the previous step.
Unread 07-15-2018, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruleall15 View Post
Easiest way to progress is my "Do you make profit?" rule.

When you run a show do you make a profit?

If yes run a another show per month. Do both make profit? Run a show each week? Still making profit? Sign better workers.

If you answer no to any question keep up with the previous step.
This is what I was doing but then the advice above indicated I should run a lot more shows and accept I値l be losing money to start. So I知 confused.
Unread 07-15-2018, 11:14 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
This is what I was doing but then the advice above indicated I should run a lot more shows and accept I値l be losing money to start. So I知 confused.
The advice was for just recently created companies. If you are in month 18 dosregard the advice.
Unread 07-22-2018, 04:17 AM
Low Minors

I'm having a similar issue. I'm playing a RW MOD as FCP in the UK. It started as small but I dropped to local after the first month and 6 months in I am repeatedly losing popularity. We are based in central UK which is really competitive and I am normally between 3rd and 7th in the regional battle which is killing my pop. I've lost pop every month because of this despite gaining pop from the one show a month I'm running. We have 10k in the bank and this month was the first month we turned a profit though only just.

So should I keep running one show in my home region, should I run more than one show and if so how many, or should I run shows in a different region that's less competitive as my home region pop is hardly any higher than other regions right now?