Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-16-2018, 05:33 PM
Low Minors

- Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship: Toshiaki Kawada (Champion) vs. Akira Taue (Challenger)
- Unified World Tag Team Championship: DEATHSQAUD (Suzuki & Takayama - Champions) vs. Invictus (Akiyama & Kea - Challengers)
- World Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio Jr (Champion) vs. Shinjiro Otani (Challenger)
- All-Asia Tag Team Championship: Onita & Fuchi (Champions) vs. Sugiura & Joe (Challengers)
- Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Satoshi Kojima
- Kenta Kobashi vs. Naomichi Marufuji
- Dr. Death & Wild II vs. Hase, Ogawa, & Sasuke
- Kanemaru & Kikuchi vs. Harashima & Perro Jr.

BONUS: What will be MOTN? Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship: Toshiaki Kawada (Champion) vs. Akira Taue (Challenger)
Unread 04-16-2018, 08:46 PM
Phenom

- Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship: Toshiaki Kawada (Champion) vs. Akira Taue (Challenger)
- Unified World Tag Team Championship: DEATHSQAUD (Suzuki & Takayama - Champions) vs. Invictus (Akiyama & Kea - Challengers)
- World Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio Jr (Champion) vs. Shinjiro Otani (Challenger)
- All-Asia Tag Team Championship: Onita & Fuchi (Champions) vs. Sugiura & Joe (Challengers)

BONUS: What will be MOTN? hmmm Kawada vs Taue...
Unread 04-17-2018, 05:22 AM
Phenom

- Unified World Tag Team Championship: DEATHSQUAD (Suzuki & Takayama - Champions) vs. Invictus (Akiyama & Kea - Challengers)

BONUS: What will be MOTN?: Invictus vs. DEATHSQUAD

Super happy to see DEATHSQUAD going head to head with Invictus finally, very much feels like LIJ clashing with Suzuki-gun irl recently for me. Akiyama & Suzuki facing off will be a nice highlight. I think maybe we get Invictus vs. Kobashi & Kanemaru while Suzuki gives Kawada a title challenge. Lots of main event players around right now so its hard to say which way it'll go.
Unread 04-17-2018, 12:09 PM

BONUS: What will be MOTN? Toshiaki Kawada vs. Akira Taue
Unread 04-18-2018, 01:18 PM
Low Minors

Final Night

AJPW Mega Battle Series - Final Night
Date: Sat Week 4 - November 2001
Attendance: 16,500 SUPER NO VACANCY!
Show Rating: 96 A*

Opening Match

Quote:
In an opening match with some good action, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi defeated Hiro Harashima & Perro Aguayo Jr. in 9:02 when Kanemaru pinned Harashima following a Brainbuster.
Rating: 66 C

Match no. 2

Quote:
In a very competitive match with good wrestling, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams & Wild II (Takeshi Morishima & Takeshi Rikio) defeated Hiroshi Hase, Great Sasuke, & Yoshinari Ogawa in 15:14 when Morishima pinned Ogawa following a Backdrop Driver.
Rating: 76 B-

Match no. 3

Quote:
In a match that had great heat and good wrestling Violence Machine (Takashi Sugiura & Samoa Joe) defeated Atsushi Onita & Masanobu Fuchi in 13:57 when Sugiura pinned Onita following an Olympic Slam.
It should be noted that, during introductions, Sugiura and Joe are officially announced as "Violence Machine."
Violence Machine become the 73rd All-Asia Tag Team Champions
Rating: 78 B
**Post Match**
Sugiura pinned Onita!!! Onita was Triple Crown champion just 6-months ago, so this has to be considered one of the most stunning upsets in years!

Sugiura and Joe have also won championship gold in their first attempt. The commentators put over the fact that just months ago Sugiura was floundering as a young wrestler and Samoa Joe was just supposed to be happy to be here as a young lion in AJPW, but together these two guys are a force and they are putting the tag division on notice.

Match no. 4

Quote:
In match filled with good action, Shinjiro Otani defeated Rey Mysterio in 15:32 after Mysterio was forced to tap out to Otani's King Cobra Clutch.
Shinjiro Otani becomes the 22nd World Jr. Heavyweight Champion
Rating: 76 B-
**Post Match**
Veni Vidi Vici! Otani came, he saw, he conquered! And just like that, Mysterio's great reign as champion was halted in its tracks!
Otani is now the only man in history to old the 8 J-Crown titles, the WCW Cruiserweight Championship and the World Jr. heavyweight Championship!

Otani's celebration is a bit short because Yoshinbou Kanemaru comes to the ring. Unlike last month, he's not goofing around and he's a bit more focused.

Kanemaru congratulates Otani on making history, but says he can't help but think that this would be his title win if not for Otani sneaking in the backdoor and undercutting Kanemaru's challenge last month.

So Kanemaru issues a challenge to Otani for his newly won Jr. Heavyweight Championship!!!! Otani considers it... but then shakes his head and says "No. Who did you ever beat to be considered a contender for this belt? Prove yourself some more, and then we will see." Otani leaves and Kanemaru has that "WUT" look on his face as his challenge has been declined.

Match no. 5

Quote:
In a match that had extraordinary heat, Kenta Kobashi defeated Naomichi Marufuji in 14:05 when Kobashi wrecked Marufuji with a series of vicious chops and a Burning Lariat.
It should be noted that Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi were acting as Kobashi's corner men for the match.
Rating: 92 A
**Post Match**
Ring rust is gone! The fans go crazy after what they've seen because the Kenta Kobashi they know and love is back!

Kobashi says he doesn't care if he has to go through every member of Invictus... he wants Akiyama and he will not stop until he gets him alone in the middle of the ring!

One has to believe that Akiyama was in the back watching Kobashi ruthlessly manhandle Marufuji. Marufuji didn't even do anything that serious to Kobashi and Kobashi beat him up bad. Akiyama cost Kobashi nearly a year of his career and put a knife in his back.... so what would Kobashi do to him if he got his hands on him? Akiyama is walking around on borrowed time and he has to be fearing for his life.

**Major Announcement**
A video package is shown hyping up December's World's Strongest Tag Determination League!

It explains that this year, the tournament is truly Best-on-Best and that 8-teams will fight in a round robin tournament, with the 2 teams who finish with the most points advancing to the final to determine the winner!

The Teams

Match no. 6

Quote:
DEATHSQUAD (Minoru Suzuki & Yoshihiro Takayama w/Akira Maeda) defeated Invictus (Jun Akiyama & Taiyo Kea) in 24:21 via pinfall when Suzuki palm strike Kea to death. The finish seemed improvised and came after Kea stepped wrong in the ring and messed up his ankle.
DEATHSQUAD make their 1st successful defense of the Unified World Tag Team Championships
Rating: 93 A
**Injury Alert**
Taiyo Kea suffered a high ankle sprain near the conclusion of the match.
As a result of the injury, he likely will not be able to participate in the World's Strongest Tag Determination League.

Match no. 7

Quote:
In a match with great wrestling and that could have gone either way, Mitsuharu Misawa defeated Satoshi Kojima in 17:45 after Misawa pinned Kojiam following 2 Tiger Drivers.
Kojima kept trying to hit the Cozy Cutter, but Misawa kept finding his way out of it. If Kojima had hit it, the result likely would have gone the other way.
Rating: 86 B+
**Post Match**
After picking up loses in his last 2 big events, Misawa gets back on his winning ways! Misawa admires and congratulaties Kojima on a great effort in his singles debut in AJPW. Kojima & Misawa shake hands and Kojima gracefully exits.

Kojima may have come up short tonight, but he has shown he can hang with AJPW's best.

Main Event

Quote:
In a match that was filled with incredible wrestling, Toshiaki Kawada defeated Akira Taue in 18:47 when Kawada hit a Gamengiri followed by a Dangerous Kick to a seated Taue.
Toshiaki Kawada makes his 1st successful defense of the Triple Crown Championship
Rating: 99 A*
**Post Match**
What a war between the Holy Demon Army! Kawada comes thru even though he took a lot of damage from Taue. Taue brought his best effort tonight and it really showed.

Kawada and Taue share a handshake and Kawada raises Taue hand!
Even though they just had a hellacious battle, these two partners are still on the same page as they head into the World's Strongest Tag Determination League!

Last edited by Body By THawk : 04-18-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Unread 04-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Low Minors

Pick Em Results!

8/8 - Larrikn (perfect and you got the BONUS! also won this B2B months!)
7/8 - SuperAlbino
7/8 - DGenerationMC
5/8 - siah463
5/8 - CobheadJake
4/8 - Hollywood
4/8 - Jon The GOAT
4/8 - KnowYourEnemy

hmmmm I'm beginning the think Larrikn is sitting in on the booking meetings lel

thanks lads for predicting and thanks to anybody lurking who reads this stuff! Any comments/critiques/concerns are encouraged!
Unread 04-18-2018, 03:06 PM
Low Minors

I was just 1 point off on calling Taue/Kawada as a 100* match.

Great show!
Unread 04-18-2018, 03:24 PM

oh why hello there eddie guerrero. just casually announce your biggest signing why don't you lel oh lord think of all the fresh matches this gives

good show and really hyped for the tag league.
like that you didn't go crazy with teams and pair top guys with lower guys to where it obvious who's taking the fall. something i hate with NJPW is that they have 20+ guys or 16 teams in their tournaments, but really only a couple of them are contenders so it leaves for 80% filler matches.

don't know how you're gonna book it because the only "weak" team is wild 2 so you're gonna have to beat some top guys/teams. all of these matches should be killer especially if it's only 1 block so everybody will face everybody.
Unread 04-18-2018, 03:51 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I was just 1 point off on calling Taue/Kawada as a 100* match.

Great show!
Do 100* matches even exist?! I always read about em but I've never seen one
Unread Yesterday, 12:52 AM
Super Star

Quote:
On the other hand, AJPW is clearly showing itself to be open to ex-NJPW stars and pretty much all ex-NJPW stars in the company (Deathsquad and Hiroshi Hase) have so far not stepped up to the plate to take a singles championship. Otani is pretty much one of five Japanese wrestlers I could envision doing it in this era, along with Liger, Sasuke, Hayabusa and Kanemoto.
... I mean, I know I said he could do it, but still. Wasn't expecting it right off the bat. Do you have Otani under contract 100% or is he a ZERO-1 dude still?
Unread Yesterday, 12:59 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body By THawk View Post
Pick Em Results!
hmmmm I'm beginning the think Larrikn is sitting in on the booking meetings lel
Unread Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashasheen View Post
... I mean, I know I said he could do it, but still. Wasn't expecting it right off the bat. Do you have Otani under contract 100% or is he a ZERO-1 dude still?
yeah you nailed it he's splitting time now between AJPW & Zero-1.

Although he is loyal to Zero-1, he's not classified as freelance so I can have him under contract as long as I need.
Unread Yesterday, 08:44 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body By THawk View Post
yeah you nailed it he's splitting time now between AJPW & Zero-1.

Although he is loyal to Zero-1, he's not classified as freelance so I can have him under contract as long as I need.
Bold move for a post-Baba AJPW. Can I ask what the reasoning was behind moving on from Mysterio? Unless of course it's affected by booking related to Eddie or something, then never mind.
Unread Yesterday, 09:46 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashasheen View Post
Bold move for a post-Baba AJPW.
Gotta be bold!

That was the mission statement at the start of the diary in the newspaper clipping: make AJPW more modern in a post-Baba world.

Emphasis on aesthetic and presentation, no fear in bringing in outsiders, no fear in taking AJPW into other prefectures/other big building besides the Budokan, no fear in featuring the young and no fear in feasturing juniors as guys who can compete with anyone on the roster (so long as it's the right juniors and not Misawa's irl idea of "right juniors" IE Ogawa kind of killing Akiyama's career a a top draw all for nothing)

Last edited by Body By THawk : Yesterday at 09:53 AM.
Unread Yesterday, 10:12 AM
Low Minors

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x94ask
RIP Jun Akiyama's IRL Top Draw 2001-2002 never forget.

From winning in the Jan 4 Tokyo Dome main event to being ruined by a terrible junior... all in 4-months time. Damn you, Misawa!!!!!