DAVE Counter Culture
Evanovich Riverside (Tri-State)
Mitch: Hello everyone and welcome to DAVE Counter Culture, we're here live from the sold out Evanovich Riverside stadium on MySelect USA. I'm Mitch Naess joined by Phil Vibert and welcome DAVE back onto Pay Per View.
Phil: It's great to be once again broadcasting our events all around the country, Mitch. Now once again, people from all around this country can watch the greatest wrestling in America.
Mitch: So many people will be able to tune into tonight's show and a huge one it is. We have Jack Giedroyc putting his Brass Knuckles title on the line against Travis Century.
Phil: This is something Jack has been waiting for, Mitch. To simply be able to get his hands on Travis Century and beat him to a pulp. Tonight, Jack will be able to do just that.
Mitch: And of course, an almost grudge match with "The Future of Dave" Joey Minnesota going one one one with "The Lone Wolf" Shawn Gonzalez.
Phil: These guys have wanted to get their hands on each other ever since the very first Danger Zone TV ended his year, there was a very brief preview of it last Thursday and tonight we have the real thing.
Mitch: But here it is, the big one, the Main Event of the evening, DAVE Unified champion Eddie Peak, puts the belt on the line against three time Unified champ, Chris Caulfield.
Phil: This is a huge match, Mitch. Caulfield has been there and done it all. However, this is Peaks very first title reign. With emotions running high which man will be able to get the upper hand? As strong and powerful as Peak is, you can never count out on "The DAVE Icon" Chris Caulfield.
Mitch: Of course all that is still to come as we jump into our first piece of action.
Mitch: The tensions are rising between Powell and Bach
Phil: It maybe was even at boiling point tonight, luckily they have Cat Jemson.
Mitch: Even so Phil, this can't last much longer, Bach mistreating Powell and Powell accepting it, it's a recipe for disaster.
Phil: Hey every team has the more talented worker Naess and sooner or later the team realises this, and right now, I think Bach realises what he can do.
Mitch: Jack is determined, Phil. He wants to get at Travis Century.
"It's all about respect"
[Walking down a hallway backstage, Jack Giedroyc is swarmed by a female interviewer]
Interviewer: Jack! Jack! Tonight you put your Brass Knuckles championship against Travis Century tonight, how are you feeling about it?
Jack: Well, a few weeks ago Travis Century earned his shot at this belt. When you earn an opportunity to face me, I'll respect ya. There ain't no doubt about it.... But he changed that. He thinks he can just sweep me aside like I'm a nobody so he can reach his goal. I am far better than that. I am the champion for a reason, he's cost me a lot over the last few weeks, I could have proven my abilities by beating the Unified champion and you cost me that, but tonight is the night where I get my revenge. You better be ready Century because it's you and me, one on one tonight in the center of the ring. Have an ambulance on standby, I just hope they can resuscitate you cause tonight I'm gonna beat you so bad you won't be breathing afterwards.
Phil: And I don't blame him one bit. He says he has a goal and Lucifer will help him to get to his goal.
Mitch: What I think is worse, is that we have hardly heard from Century. Ever since he cost Giedroyc that match against Eddie Peak, Century has been completely absent.
Phil: That is most definitely a concern, what do we know? Hell Century might not even turn up.
Mitch: That's one of the many things that people are thinking about this match up Phil, why has Century been so quiet? Does he have a plan? And who the hell is Lucifer? So many questions that we hope will be answered tonight, but the time has come, the first title match of the night. The DAVE tag team titles are on the line, next.
Mitch: OH MY GOD!
Phil: Guide and Braun crashed and burned to the canvas, good lord.
Mitch: You won't see something like that anywhere else other than DAVE, Phil, yet somehow, someway, Braun was able to do enough to get to the scaffold and grab the titles.
Phil Even with the huge help from his partner Tank Bradley, you gotta wonder, how on Earth did Braun get up so quickly?
Mitch: The amazing thing is Phil there is more great wrestling action to come.
The Future of DAVE"
[A female interviewer stands backstage in front of a monitor]
Interviewer: At this time, I am joined by The Chase Agency, Emma Chase and Joey Minnesota, Joey, you have one hell of a fight on your hands tonight, what are your tactics tonight ahead of your match with Shawn Gonzalez?
Chase: Excuse you miss nobody, when you talk to my client, you go through me. Joey is getting in the zone, and he doesn't need somebody like you getting him out of his groove. I will answer all questions and we will not be disclosing any tactics. How stupid do you believe we are? However, I will tell you thing. My agency delivers what it promises. Joey Minnesota will be the future of this company and tonight, Shawn Gonzalez is the first step. Enjoy your win last Thursday while you can Shawn, cause Joey is coming for you and once again, you will be back laying in a hospital, unable to wipe the droll of your chin. Joey will show you that your years in the business.. mean nothing. Tonight, it all comes crumbling down, with Joey Minnesota taking your place, in his rightful place as a star in this company. He is the future of DAVE and you are a bug on his windshield as he travels to the top.
Rating: 72/ B-
Mitch: Emma Chase as serious as ever here tonight at Counter Culture.
Phil: She has to be, Mitch. If she wants Joey to be the future of this company, she has to guide him.
Mitch: The big question is though, is Emma Chase underestimating Shawn Gonzalez?
Phil: You can sure bet that she isn't. Shawn is one hell of a competitor and Chase will have him scouted down from the way he counters moves to his actual movements themselves, Joey Minnesota will be well prepared for Gonzalez, will it be enough? That's what we're here to see.
Mitch: Well, it's here. Giedroyc and Century is next on our list Phil. Brass Knuckles Title on the line.
Mitch: Nemesis is back, but not in a good way.
Phil: When has Nemesis ever meant good news Mitch. Jack is hurt bad, can we get some help out here?
Mitch: The devastation that is in that ring right now is for everybody to see. Nemesis, Travis Century and Hell's Bouncer have most certainly arrived and good god they've made one hell of an impact.
Mitch: Chase cost Gonzalez the victory.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
Winner: Joey Minnesota by pinfall in 18:01
Finishing Move: Chase interference followed by a roll-up
Phil: What can I say Mitch? Did you really think Emma Chase didn't have a trick up her sleeve?
Mitch: I should know better at this stage. Despite the fact Minnesota was right there, step for step with Gonzalez makes this even worse, Minnesota did nothing wrong to help his case for being the future of DAVE.
Phil: Definitely not, he fought hard and brought Gonzalez to his limits, but at the end of the day, what we remember is wins. Emma Chase knows this and so made sure that Joey got the win.
"Ending the Revolution"
[With the Unified title over his shoulder, Eddie Peak is walking to the ring when an interviewer runs to over to him]
Interviewer: Eddie, what do you expect from Chris Caulfield tonight?
Peak: I expect nothing. I have the power in this company and I am going to go one better and destroy his so called revolution. I don't expect anything from him, I am the champ, the main man, the big money, people come to see me. I am the mot powerful man in this company and this belt right here proves that. Caulfield has had his fun, but tonight, I end him once and for all.
Mitch: Eddie Peak retains his title, and good lord he did exactly what he said he was going to, he beat Caulfield so bad that he can barely stand.
DAVE Unified Title
Eddie Peak v Chris Caulfield
- The match starts off hot as Peak and Caulfield run toward each other trading blow after blow to each others head
- Peak is clearly the stronger of the two but Caulfield doesn't back down and his forearms are just as vicious
- Peak eventually gains control from this and hits a flapjack on Caulfield
- And as always with Peak, here comes the weapons, a chair is swung at Caulfield but he ducks and counters it into a DDT
- Peak is not down for long, and it is Caulfield who has the chair now, a strike to Peak's back does some damage but it only drops him to one knee
- A second strike is incoming but Peak rolls out of the way and cracks Caulfield with a clothesline
- Peak the gets a table out but can't set it up as Peak breaks a kendo stick over Peak's head
- Caulfield sets up the table but Peak is back on his feet and cracks Caulfield with a nasty chair shot which bust him open, Peak pins him for a two
- With blood pouring from Caulfield's head, Peak continues the onslaught, hitting Caulfield with punches again and again into his open wound
- With the table set up outside, Peak lifts Caulfield up for the Peak of Perfection (Crucifix Powerbomb) but Caulfield drops down and hits Peak with right after right and flings Peak over the top rope but Peak lands on the apron, Caulfield then dropkicks Peak and he falls onto the table outside
- Caulfield looks to take control here but Peak is remarkable and is fairly recovered after Caulfield throws him in the ring
- Caulfield sprints at him but a spinebuster is waiting for him and a pin
- Shoulder up, and the match continues
- Peak takes no time in continuing the attack and he flings Caulfield into the corner but Caulfield counters the splash
- Peak slips to the outside and Caulfield follows him and bang, chair shot straight to the head of Caulfield, blood spurting out of his forehead
- Again Peak puts him back in the ring for the pin
- Again, this time by sheer instinct, Caulfield gets his shoulder up
- Peak is getting slightly frustrated and he gets the title belt
- Waiting for Caulfield to get up, Caulfield slowly makes it to his feet, and Peak runs straight at him and flattens him with a belt shot to the skull
- Peak drops to his knees and again looks for the pin
- Remarkably, Caulfield gets the shoulder off the mat again and Peak cannot believe it
- Peak again picks up the belt, Caulfield's blood staining the gold, and he places it in the centre of the ring
- Peak picks up Caulfield and pilderiver right onto the belt and the cover again
- No, the crowd gasp as Caulfield escapes again, he is barely moving, barely breathing, losing a lot of blood, but still fighting
- Peak then gets the chair and lets his frustrations out hitting Caulfield across his back, and again and again and again, the sound of metal hitting human flesh rings around the arena, even the DAVE fans are wincing at these strikes
- Caulfield is completely motionless as Peak throws away the chair, Peak has to dead lift Caulfield to his feet and sets up the the Peak of Perfection (Crucifix Powerbomb), Caulfield hanging there in the crucifix position, blood completely covering his face, he can't fight out of it and it connects, Peak again goes for the cover
1............__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
Winner: Eddie Peak by pinfall in 20:01
Finishing Move: Peak of Perfection (Crucifix Powerbomb)
Notes: Match went on 5 minutes too long
Phil: I have never seen Chris Caulfield take so much punishment but he never gave up but in the end, it was too much. I guess it makes sense that Peak is the champ but there's a reason why Caulfield has been a Unified champion three times before.
Mitch: Yes indeed, and there's no doubt he'll be back again, how long it takes for him to recover is the only question, that's all we have time for folks, from me Mitch Naess, my partner Phil Vibert, we bid you a good night and we will see you Thursday night in the Danger Zone.
OVERALL EPISODE GRADE: 63/C
PPV BUYRATE: 0.17 (88,860)
"When Hell Freezes Over" EPISODE GRADE: 84/B+
ATTENDANCE: 30,000 SELLOUT!
MAIN EVENT: Runaway Train def. Christian Faith to retain the SWF World Heavyweight title 83/B
PPV BUYRATE: 3.19 (1,595,450)
"Malice in Wonderland" EPISODE GRADE: 71/C+
ATTENDANCE: 15,000 SELLOUT!
MAIN EVENT: Tommy Cornell def. Troy Tornado to retain the TCW World Heavyweight Title 85/B+
PPV BUYRATE: 2.00 (1,004,680)
"Stars, Stripes and Slams" EPISODE GUIDE: 59/C-
ATTENDANCE: 10,000 SELLOUT!
MAIN EVENT: Bruce The Giant def. Corporal Doom to retain the USPW World title 58/C-
PPV BUYRATE: 0.00 (0) (No PPV deal yet)
P.S Thanks for Eisen-Verse for letting me use his format
Last edited by DAVEFAN95 : 07-10-2016 at 11:49 AM.