Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-05-2018, 08:49 PM
Phenom

Default The Climb [RMW, CVerse]

Prologue

“I sold the company.”

I rubbed behind my ear like I was checking to make sure they worked properly. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Tommy must have noticed the dumbfounded look on my face.

“To BriCo. They made an offer that was too good to pass up. They’ve got the monetary resources to compete with Eisen and Packer. I don’t. I’m not a billionaire. It’s an arms race and I’m not willing to risk my Jen or Tommy’s futures on a race I can’t win.” He told me.

I nodded. I understood. I’d been here for almost twenty years. I had been a good soldier. Loyal. Dependable. I knew that. Tommy knew that. The whole world knew that.

“I’m going to be leaving. Heading back home. I’ve been here too long. I miss home.” Tommy said and I stared at him. Selling the company is one thing. Leaving it? That’s something else entirely. “Kyle will run the day to day. Brent will take the book from Joel. You’ve still got a job, Bobby, I made sure of that.”

I didn’t say anything. I really didn’t know what to say. I was here when it was J.K. I was here under Tommy. I couldn’t say I wanted to be here under Kyle. He was polite, but ruthless. Brent would be a good booker, but Joel had made magic out of can goods. Injuries. The budget that had to be followed strictly. He had done good. “I understand.” I lied. Or partially lied. I understood needing to sell. I was married. I had kids. I understand their security being paramount, but leaving the company all together? Tommy had been here twenty years. He was just a pup when he came over for Eisen. Now he’s Rough Justice. He carved out a legacy for himself here. Going back to England? I couldn’t understand that. Or maybe I could, I don’t know. Sometimes I missed home. I pined for it. Los Angeles would never be home. Not really. Too obsessed with image. Too obsessed with money.

Tommy rose from behind his desk and went to the window overlooking the Burbank Town Center. “We fought a good fight, Bobby. A fight to be proud of. We gave ‘em hell. We built Rocky into a superstar. Aaron into a true ace. Wolf into a stud. Eddie Peak into something more than a hardcore brawler. We made magic happen. For eleven years, I steered this ship. Now I’m going home to rest.”

“You do that, Tommy.”

“You going to be okay here?”

“We’ll see. I’ll give Kyle a few months. Otherwise, I might set up shop somewhere else.” I told Tommy. I was honest to a fault with him, that’s what made me a good agent, a good producer. I was trusted because I was honest.

“You’d be good to work for. Young kids could learn from you.”

“We’ll see.”

We shook hands. It wasn’t the last time. That would come on his last day. His office would be empty, but the seed was planted there. I’d been a good soldier my whole career. I’d been a man who followed orders. I followed instructions. It was time for the soldier to become the general. Or the admiral in this case. It was time for me to steer my own ship.

I was going home. Going back to the North West, where there are four seasons and it rains. For thirty years the world had known Robert Oxford as the Tag Team Master. The backbone of every company I’d ever been in, but it was time for the wrestling world to know Robert Oxford as a man who could give back to wrestling, by doing wrestling. No tits and ass. No insulting comedy.

Rocky Mountain Wrestling… Coming soon.
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:56 PM
Phenom

Base of Operations: Denver, Colorado, United States [Northwest Region]
User Character/Owner/Booker: Robert Oxford
Starting Size: Local
Starting Money: $100,000
Product Name: "Old School"
Product Key Feature: Traditional

Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Champion
Shady K
Previous Champions
1. Jebediah

Rocky Mountain Tag Team Champions
The Boys from the Yukon
Previous Champions:
1. The Aces of Mayhem

Event History

Jan. 2016 - The Climb
Feb. 2016 - No Law, No Order
Marc. 2016 - Wrestling Summit I
Apr. 2016 - Wanted Dead or Alive
May. 2016 - Coal Miner's Glove
June 2016 - Summer Spectacular
July 2016 -
Aug. 2016 -
Sep. 2016 -
Oct. 2016 -
Nov. 2016 -
Dec. 2016 -

Last edited by Historian : Today at 10:34 AM.
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Phenom

Default Notes for the Game

Changes in the CVerse

In addition to Rocky Mountain Wrestling, I have added several companies to the North American Wrestling scene. This is, by in large, because I feel the CVerse needs to start with more active companies, so I gave it more active companies.

I added
CPWA in Alberta, Canada
CRW in Great Lakes, United States
WPL in Mid South, United States,
L-Ring in Hawaii, United States
PWW in Mid West, United States
QPW in Quebec, Canada.

These are all male-centered companies that I’ve also placed in the COTT to fill the COTT out more and make it feel like a real territory system.

I’ve also created a women’s alliance, Women’s Alliance of Wrestling [WAW]. Joining this alliance is 5SWW, QAW, and AAA. They are joined by two new women’s companies, ALL in Mexico and BGV running out of Vegas in the old BSC territory.

I also added EWCW into the game as an active company in Europe just to add another European company.

I’ve also added a World Junior Heavyweight Championship to the COTT for wrestlers with a maximum size of Lightweight -- this is the direct counter to the World Heavyweight that has a minimum size of Lightweight, and it also allows me to add ACPW to the COTT without any misgivings. With the exception of Robert Oxford, my User Character, every character starts where they are supposed to be

I also gave RMW a dojo, run my Robert Oxford, with new worker generation set to medium with new workers set to appear starting in Jan. of 16. This is merely for story telling purposes (and because quite frankly, I like when random-gen workers appear in the game.)
Unread 11-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Minor League

I love it already! I’m in
Unread 11-06-2018, 11:41 AM
Phenom

Default Chapter One: The Convention

Chapter One

I fidgeted with the Windsor knot of my silver tie and looked around the table. It was a who’s-who of wrestling in North America. A who’s-who of people keeping independent pro wrestling alive despite the rate at which Eisen and Packer would probably like to drive it out. Tommy always liked the Indy companies. Thought they were good for the business, because he understood that that is where his guys honed their crafts. I took a drink from my water glass and looked to the front of the room.

A long table was there and sitting in the middle of the table was Sam Keith. My old friend. My old tag partner. We established the CGC Tag division together. He was flanked on either side by Cliff Anderson, long-time promoter of Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling and Larry Vessey of New York City Wrestling. The three of them were the Board of Directors for the Confederation of the Territories. Sam Keith, the founder, served as President with Cliff Anderson serving as Treasurer and Larry Vessey serving as Secretary.

Sam stood up and looked out at the small gathering of people. I looked around at the faces. A hodgepodge group if there ever was one. Wrestling was always a hodgepodge though. Outlaws, misfits, conmen, ramblers -- men and women who don’t quite fit in with normal society. That’s how we all got here, anyway. Sam cleared his throat.

“Thank you all for joining us for the fifth annual meeting of the Confederation of the Territories. What started in my house in Maryland as a way for small companies to work together to succeed as grown throughout the years to be a major force in North American wrestling. We are pleased this year to announce that we are expanding from five members to fourteen. Mr. Buchinsky accepted our offer to join and has brought ACPW into the fold. We are also pleased to add Puerto Rico’s only full-time wrestling company to this confederation as well. The other seven companies joining us are brand new. It’s a pleasure to welcome you all.”

I looked around the room. The Power was sitting across from me. He’d never been a man for many words and he carried with him a permanent scowl that made him seem unapproachable. I took another drink as I looked at the other people here.

Grace Harper sat next to Power in a very smart pants suit, looking very much like the promoter she now is. Investors in Cedar Rapids Wrestling tapped her to be the promoter of the organization and it was clearly a role the women’s legend was taking seriously -- being the first female promoter of a non-female wrestling company.

Next to me was my old friend Pistol Pete Hall. He opened Wrestling Premier League based out of Dallas. Long time announcer Marv Earnest was sitting anxiously as the new promoter of Pro Wrestling Wild in St. Louis, Stuart Ferdinand sat stokely as the promoter from Canadian Pro Wrestling -- Alberta based in Calgary. Ryan Holland had made the shocking move to Montreal to run QPW, and Michael Bull made the move to the islands to run Lethal Ring. Daedalus Buchinsky, Joaquin Solar from OLLIE, and Troy Winner from 4C rounded out the group.

It was a good group. Vessey, Hall, Ferdinand, Harper, Keith, Power, and myself had all been wrestlers. Prominent wrestlers too. Power was still active and still the top guy in the Caribbean. Holland and Bull were competent referees that could control the action for their company in the ring. Earnest was one of the most respected play by play men in the business. Solar, Winner and Anderson are all successful promoters and business men who have operated their companies for a long time. I didn’t know much about Buchinsky, until the meeting we had never met, but he seemed like a nice enough fellow.

I took another drink before turning back to Sam who was still talking.

“So thank you to both OLLIE and NYCW for hosting our current World and World Tag Team Champions respectively. With the addition of so many new companies, the Board voted unanimously to add a third World’s Title -- a World Junior Heavyweight Championship to service our workers that are Lightweight and under. This will allow all of our companies to present legitimate challengers to all of the championships. We are also going to increase the frequency that our championships are defended. With fourteen promotions now under our banner, we want to get our champions out as much as possible to really increase brand recognition and drive traffic to the COTT website. We’re going to break for lunch, but after lunch the COTT Accountant, Gabriel Morris will be presenting on some tax codes we want to make sure we are all aware of and our chief legal council, Ms. Catherine Adams will be presenting some anti-trust developments we want to be aware of.”

With that, Sam sat down and the room was alive with injury. There was a buffet spread in the back for us all so we didn’t have to try and find food. Food could wait though, I wanted to saddle up to Sam and pick his ear.

Sam saw me approach and grinned big. “Bobby-boy. You excited to be in Denver?”

I nodded. “Yeah. And nervous.”

“That’s normal.” Sam sad. “When I first got the book for Eisen, I was nervous. The budget, the sheer size -- very overwhelming. You get used to it though.”

“I bet.” I replied. “Promoting. Booking. Training. It’s a lot to get used to.”

Sam clapped me on the shoulder. “You’re not alone though. The COTT takes care of its own. We’ll help you grow. We’ll help you get your feet under you. I’m only a phone call away after all.”

“I know, I appreciate that.” I said genuinely. “I’ve got my first phone calls out to talent, so hopefully I’ll have some people lined up for our first show soon.”
“Who you going with?” Sam asked.

I paused for a moment, “Some guys who don’t have jobs currently. Winchester. Mitico. Youngblood and Mayhem. Some guys who could really be useful but don’t otherwise have commitments to any full time organizations. I’m trying to stay away from expensive talent right now as well and guys who are working for other places. It just makes it easier to establish an identity.”

Sam nodded. “Youngblood and Mayhem will be good. They were good for me. Take a look at Riley McManus as well. He’d be a good hand. And if you want to use some of my guys, for just a show or even use them as full time, let me know.”

“I might.” I said with a smile. “I want to build the best tag division I can so I might come calling to use Syd and Cameron once we get established.”

“I’m sure they’d be happy to.” Sam retorted.

“I think I can do this.” I finally said as Sam and I stood in front of the buffet table.

“I know you can. It’s not easy, but you can do it.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence.” I said and clapped my friend on the back.

We all ate. We laughed. We got important information. By the end of the annual meeting, I was beginning to feel confident. I knew that I could book. Now, I was feeling confident that I could promote and that with the COTT network of support and experience, that I would be able to promote successfully and turn Rocky Mountain Wrestling into an establishment in Denver.

All that was left was to finalize some contracts. I was hoping for some call backs and I did not have to wait long…
Unread 11-06-2018, 11:53 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bison View Post
I love it already! I’m in
Well thank you. Hopefully I can hold your interest throughout the chapters.
Unread 11-06-2018, 04:01 PM
Minor League

Looks very interesting. Looking forward to more.
Unread 11-07-2018, 07:06 AM
Phenom

I looked down at the stack of papers on my desk. We didn’t have a fancy operation yet. We probably wouldn’t crack one hundred fans on our first show, but I needed a place to work out of that wasn’t my house -- plus I needed a place to train perspective talents. So I found an empty retail store that a buddy could get me a good deal on -- and I signed away. Hopefully having the building won’t bankrupt us before we get started…

The papers were freshly signed agreements for the guys I’m going to use full-time. I kept to my initial idea of keeping my first class of workers to guys who didn’t have full-time gigs elsewhere. I also tried to limit myself to wrestlers who weren’t high-spot guys. We were going to run a traditional, old-school promotion so we needed guys who would fit that. Some of the guys were straight technical wrestlers. Some were brawlers. Some were guys I felt had the skills to be stars -- that had the look of big time wrestlers.

Starting Roster

El Mitico Jr. - Babyface
“Cowboy” Buck Winchester - Babyface
Ace Youngblood - Babyface
Max Mayhem - Babyface
Justice Jolson - Heel
Richie Riggins - Heel
Jebediah - Face
Cip Conduit - Heel
Desert Storm - Heel
The Silencer - Heel
El Hijo del Neutron - Heel
Riley McManus - Face
Roger Monterio - Face

Alvin Lavin - Referee.

Tag Teams
The Aces of Mayhem [Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem]
National Guard [The Silencer and Desert Storm]

I looked down at the guys who would be making out my starting roster. It’s a hodgepodge group, but it’s a hungry group. Silencer and Storm should, hopefully, be able to build themselves into a good, solid heel tag team. Youngblood and Mayhem would provide the early stability to the tag division I wanted to build -- they were three time Mid Atlantic Tag Team Champions. Buck Winchester, Jebediah and Riggins had achieved success, at least for a short while, in RIPW. Riggins had a great look and might make a good partner for youngster Justice Jolson -- another young powerhouse with a great look.

Riley had a whole host of skills and had been a solid member of the Mid Atlantic roster before his time there just ran its course. Roger Monterio had the potential to be the next big babyface in wrestling. El Mitico Jr. was someone I tried to get brought in to TCW several times but was never successful. Neutron could go. Cip was young and hungry and looking for a break.

This would do as a starting roster. They’d work hard. They’d apply themselves. They were young, for the most part. I would need to add a veteran locker room leader, but that wasn’t really in our budget for the time being, so we would have to make due with what we had. Hopefully I could keep them all in line. I was going to be doing what I’ve been doing since I retired -- producing the show. That should help. At least I hoped..
Unread 11-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Major League

Great start. I'll be following!
Unread 11-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Phenom

Default Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Contracts had been signed. A venue booked. Things were in place. I had thirteen guys signed to contracts to compete for me on a semi-regular basis. No downside guarantees, which I couldn’t afford anyway. Now I had to figure out how I was going to put the first show together.

People outside of the wrestling business think it is easy to put together a show. They think anyone could do this, but the truth is -- it is incredible difficult. To promote and book? Even more difficult. Booking venues, handling contracts, handling egos, making decisions that will be profitable and present the best in-ring product, scout talent, negotiate with talent, run the locker room, produce the shows. It really was a one man operation. I didn’t have an assistant booker. I didn’t have anyone helping with getting sponsorships or flyering. It was me and occasionally my wife. Mariah had been great through this transition. It was not easy telling her I wanted to leave a job where I was making half a million a year to start my own shop. The easiest part was telling her we could back up and leave Studio City and go back to Denver. She stuck by me for twenty years in Los Angeles. When I wanted to live in something resembling a neighborhood, she spent weeks with a realtor to find the perfect cottage style house tucked away in a cul-de-sac with a good school of choice near by for the kids. When I was on the road putting my body through hell, she provided the home stability for the kids. She made the sports practices and the band recitals and the parent-teacher conferences. She made sure they ate dinner and got where they needed to go while I was on the road living my dreams. Here I had done it again, asked her to live my dream one more time.

She did it without complaint. She helped without complaint. She put flyers up in the bookstores and gas stations. She schmoozed small businesses. She finessed where I was force. Maybe that’s why we’ve been married so long. We are a great team. Better than Joel and I, Steve and I, or Sam and I ever were. That was why I had to make this work. Yes, it would be nice for my legacy. To be remembered for something other than just being a good hand who was successful. I wanted to be remembered as someone who made a difference, but I also wanted to provide stability to my wife. To be in the business I love but still be home every night. As stressful as this was, I could do that.

I looked down at the document in front of me. The first card. The Climb. We will lose money on this card. I already know it. I’m putting all thirteen guys on the card, plus two special attractions for the main event. It will cost me, but hopefully it will have been worth it and will set us up to make money in the future.

Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents:
The Climb!
Saturday, Week 4, January, 2016

Main Event
Fifteen-Man Mayhem Battle Royal for the Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship
Featuring:
El Mitico Jr., Buck Winchester, Ace Youngblood, Max Mayhem, Justice Jolson, Richie Riggins, Jebediah, Cip Conduit , Desert Storm, The Silencer, El Hijo del Neutron, Riley McManus, Roger Monterio, Plus Two Mystery Entrants

Four Way Tag Team Dance
Rocky Mountain Tag Team Championship
The Aces of Mayhem [Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem] versus National Guard [The Silencer and Desert Storm] vs. Justice Jolson & Richie Riggins versus. Riley McManus & Roger Monterio

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Jebediah versus Cip Conduit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“Cowboy” Buck Winchester vs. El Hijo del Neutron.

That’s it. Four matches. Two singles matches, a tag title match, and a fifteen man battle royale where you are eliminated by pinfall or submission and not being tossed over the top rope. I don’t plan on making using fifteen guys a show a habit, but for our first show we wanted to make a splash. We wanted to let the people of Denver know that we are real and we deserve to be taken seriously. Hopefully they would take us seriously.
Unread 11-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingRider View Post
Great start. I'll be following!
Thank you! I've really been loving what you're doing in your NOTBW diary.

The card, for prediction purposes, if anyone out there is wanting to predict.

Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents:
The Climb!
Saturday, Week 4, January, 2016

Main Event
Fifteen-Man Mayhem Battle Royal for the Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship
Featuring:
El Mitico Jr., Buck Winchester, Ace Youngblood, Max Mayhem, Justice Jolson, Richie Riggins, Jebediah, Cip Conduit , Desert Storm, The Silencer, El Hijo del Neutron, Riley McManus, Roger Monterio, Plus Two Mystery Entrants

Four Way Tag Team Dance
Rocky Mountain Tag Team Championship
The Aces of Mayhem [Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem] versus National Guard [The Silencer and Desert Storm] vs. Justice Jolson & Richie Riggins versus. Riley McManus & Roger Monterio

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“Cowboy” Buck Winchester vs. El Hijo del Neutron.
Unread 11-07-2018, 11:23 AM

Looks Great, Really Interesting!
Unread 11-07-2018, 11:24 AM

Looks great, really interesting!
Unread 11-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Phenom

Default RMW Presents: The Climb

The Climb
Saturday, Week 4, January 2016

Opening Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“Cowboy” Buck Winchester vs. El Hijo del Neutron

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Buck Winchester defeated El Hijo Del Neutro in 11:54 by pinfall with a Neckbreaker. E.

Buck debuted his cowboy gimmick to an initial rating of ‘Great’
El Hijo Del Neutron debuted his Lone Wolf Gimmick to an initial rating of ‘Great’

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

In a decent match, Jebediah defeated Cip Conduit in 11:41 by pinfall with a Sundown Splash. E+

Jebediah debuted his Simpleton gimmick to an initial rating of Very Good, but he did seem a little off of his game in this contest.
Cip Conduit debuted his Bad Ass gimmick to an initial rating of great.

RMW Tag Team Titles
The Aces of Mayhem versus Richie Riggins & Justice Jolson versus Roger Monterio & Riley McManus versus National Guard

In a decent match, the Aces of Mayhem defeated Richie Riggins & Justice, Roger Monterio & Riley McManus, and National Guard in 15:25. National Guard was eliminated first when McManus pinned Desert Storm, Riggins and Justice were eliminated second when Ace Youngblood pinned Justice, and finally Monterio and McManus were eliminated when Youngblood pinned Monterio. The Aces of Mayhem become the first Rocky Mountain Tag Team Champions D-.

Ace Youngblood debuted his Native American gimmick to an initial rating of Great
Max Mayem debuted his Extremist gimmick to an initial rating of great
Richie Riggins debuted his Prima Donna gimmick to a rating of Very Good
Justice Jolson debuted his Egomaniac gimmick to an initial rating of Very Good
Roger Monterio debuted his fan favorite gimmick to an initial rating of Great
Riley McManus debuted his gimmick to an initial rating of Good
Desert Storm debuted his gimmick of Sadistic Corporal to an initial rating of Great
The Silencer debuted his gimmick of Armed Forces to an initial rating of Good.

Fifteen Man Mayhem Battle Royal
Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship
Ace Youngblood vs. Buck Winchester vs. Cip Conduit vs. Desert Storm vs. Hijo del Neutron vs. El Mitico Jr. vs. Hardcore Killah (special entrant #1) versus Jebediah versus Justice Jolson versus Max Mayhem vs. Richie Riggins vs. Riley McManus vs. Roger Monterio vs. Steve Flash (special entrant #2) versus The Silencer

In a decent match, Jebediah won a 15 man Mayhem in 25:29. The other members of the final four were Steve Flash, Buck Winchester, and El Mitico Jr. with Steve Flash being the final elimination. Justice Jolson got the most eliminations over the course of the match. Jebediah becomes the first Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Champion. D.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
1. Hijo Del Neutron eliminated by El Mitico Jr
2. Roger Monterio eliminated by Justice Jolson
3. Desert Storm eliminated by Justice Jolson
4. Max Mayhem eliminated by Justice Jolson
5. The Silencer eliminated by Justice Jolson
6. Richie Riggins eliminated by Riley McManus
7. Riley McManus eliminated by Justice Jolson
8. Justice Jolson eliminated by Buck Winchester
9. Hardcore Killah eliminated by Jebediah
10. Ace Youngblood eliminated by Steve Flash
11. Cip Conduit eliminated by El Mitico Jr.
12. El Mitico Jr. eliminated by Jebediah
13. Buck Winchester eliminated by Steve Flash
14. Steve Flash eliminated by Jebediah

El Mitico Jr. debuted his gimmick of ‘Old School Face’ to an initial rating of Great.

Overall: The crowd wasn’t happy as they had expected more angles and interview segments. This show increased our popularity in 1 region. E+.
Unread 11-08-2018, 11:34 AM
All Star

Jebediah over Steve Flash? Interesting choice. Then again, I'm really unfamiliar with the latest C-Verse so I could be both under estimating the popularity of Jeremiah and over estimating the ability/popularity of Flash.