Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-10-2018, 10:51 PM
Super Star

Default Different levels of face heel divide

I have been thinking this could be a thing in the next TEW. Instead of just on or off for a face heel divide. I was thinking the levels could be low, medium, high and none. This would also control how strictly you enforce kayfabe. How well workers cope could also be affect by their personalities. If you have higher level face heel divide you could get more incidents were a worker potentially goes against it off screen and you could take action for like any other incident. Any thoughts on this idea?
Unread 08-10-2018, 11:13 PM
Super Star

That might be awkward to programme. It's much harder to do shades of grey because you need to factor more things in. You or I understand that but it's a lot harder to get a game to deal with it.

Tweener might be an easier thing, it's just an extra category where you could slot anti heroes in feds that use face and heels.
Unread 08-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Hall of Fame

I feel like the game could just explain the current system better as it works pretty well as it is currently.

A face and heel divide is exactly that, a divide. Faces and heels only fight each other, with very little room for overlap. That doesnít mean companies without a divide donít have faces and heels, it just means they arenít divided. You can still quite clearly have faces and heels without a divide, it just means they can face each other at will (like most Japanese promotions).

At least thatís how it comes across to me, but in game when you select none it says ď(promotion) doesnít use faces and heelsĒ which is misleading more often than not. You can have clear face/heel gimmicks without a face/heel divide so it obviously means they use alignments to some degree.

Perhaps just differentiate between face/heel divide and using faces and heels at all. There are some instances where there isnít a divide but people can definitely benefit from alignment turns (which isnít possible right now). Thatís probably the biggest problem with the current system l.
Unread 08-11-2018, 07:58 AM
Living Legend

Used to have it back in older TEWs where the level could be set to medium. Never quite fully understood why it moved to a binary yes/no style format.
Unread 08-11-2018, 08:19 PM

a tweener option would be great. I've got a 3-way feud with Joey Janela/Penelope Ford (h) vs Darby Allin/Priscilla Kelly(h) vs Trip Cassidy/Shotzi Blackheart (f)

I can't have a Janela vs Darby match without being penalized because both are heels. It would work better if I had the option make one a tweener.
Unread 08-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeM View Post
a tweener option would be great. I've got a 3-way feud with Joey Janela/Penelope Ford (h) vs Darby Allin/Priscilla Kelly(h) vs Trip Cassidy/Shotzi Blackheart (f)

I can't have a Janela vs Darby match without being penalized because both are heels. It would work better if I had the option make one a tweener.
Tweeners will never happen. It's been said a thousand times.

The penalty is tiny anyway. I've gotten 100 rated heel vs heel and face vs face matches.

I don't understand why people blow the face/face and heel/heel penalties up to be some match killer. The penalty makes sense and if you have a problem with it, turn the face/heel divide off.