Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Wrestling Spirit 1/2 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-18-2005, 03:40 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Arnold
SWF is recorded as not being started until '78, but the first SWF Title was won in '72. Does this mean that SWF was around in some form in the early 70s, much like the WWWF was the New England territory?
No - SWF was formed in 1972 (from their TEW2004 profile), 1978 was just when they first started to try and become a super power. I think you were probably thrown off by the "relatively new" comment in the North American history section...

"The end of this situation began in around 1978, when a relatively new promotion called Supreme Wrestling Federation, under the leadership of a young promoter called Richard Eisen, began building up an impressive roster by offering long-term contracts to some of the most popular wrestlers..."

...by that point they were 6 years old, but that would be young by comparison to some of the regional feds that had been around for two decades or more.
Unread 02-18-2005, 06:54 AM
Phenom

Ahhh alright, thanks for clearing that up. And great work there.

Can we look forward to some more indepth history of the North American, Mexican and Japan scenes? Looks like a data update of the CornellVerse in the '70s would be great.
Unread 02-18-2005, 08:28 AM
GDS Developer

Little glimpses into the history will be found in the upcoming profiles and articles. Basically I have a timeline which ties everything together, to make sure that nothing contradicts another piece, and I'll be using that to add references to smaller historical events (specific matches \ shows, etc) as I go. I think the next piece will be an in-depth career history of someone who has moved around a bit, like Sam Keith, so that I can tie together a lot of nation's history in one go.

I would like to do a historical update at some point, the problem is that then I'd need a completely new set of pictures done, and we haven't even got the modern version done yet!

Incidentally, the next update to the site is going to be quite a cool one - it includes several new custom move sets for some of the remaining big names, and several new regular moves too. Kunomasu from DAVE in particular has a fantastic new set, probably the most detailed of all the custom move sets I've done so far. Should be out next week sometime.
Unread 02-18-2005, 09:01 AM
Major League

Love "The Greatest Matches of All Time" article, great bit of history. The site really establishes the CornellVerse as being a vibrant wrestling world full of history
Unread 02-18-2005, 10:13 AM

Has the data been updated to include what has happened between when WreSpi was released and now?
Unread 02-18-2005, 10:47 AM
GDS Developer

It's not going to be updated in that fashion. Consider them scenarios - the one currently available is the June 2005 Scenario, as that's when it is set. Whatever my next game featuring the CornellVerse is, that will probably be set six months \ one year further into the future, and then there'll be a separate WreSpi database released for that new time period. The idea is that eventually you'll be able to download different databases for whatever time period you're interested in.
Unread 02-18-2005, 11:00 AM

So this data is different to the one that came with the game originally?
Unread 02-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Super Star

wow... very worth the wait... props to mr ryland and his team...

|Anderz|
Unread 02-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Weden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midness
So this data is different to the one that came with the game originally?
There's some new moves and pictures, but that's it.

The NEXT GAME will have different data.
Unread 02-18-2005, 10:08 PM

Love the Cornellverse site so far...great job, Adam!

Quick question about the new pictures...seven of them seemed to be recognized by the database automatically when I added them to the \People\ folder (or is that because I updated to 1.5 around the same time?), and thus showed up in my ongoing games, but the one for Tyler Baker didn't. I've updated his database profile manually now, but of course the pic now only shows up in new games. Anything special about that one that I missed?
Unread 02-19-2005, 04:21 AM
GDS Developer

Not really - I use graphics of real people (but with the file name changed to reflect the worker they're in place of) for the CornellVerse workers who don't have pictures, so that when new pictures arrive I can simply overwrite them and don't have to bother going through the database manually assigning everyone. I'd simply missed Tyler out by accident.
Unread 02-19-2005, 08:07 AM

is there any new workers added to the data?
Unread 02-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Weden

The Data Is The SAME!
Unread 02-19-2005, 03:23 PM

I never knew all those times I was beating on Brilliant White that he looked like such a freak.
Unread 02-19-2005, 03:54 PM

whew weden are you that far away you needed to shout lol jeez get this guy a chill pill.

@adam, im really looking foward to the wrestler profiles!! good work mate