Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-25-2018, 06:05 AM
Low Minors

Default ECW: Hart Of Extreme

* NOT a typo

-----

Somebody once told me, it'd be a really good idea if I kept a diary. "What need do I have for a diary?", I thought. Do I really wanna preserve the boring details of the house show line-up I just finished writing, or the arguement I just got done with, with the venue owner who was trying to stiff us on pay because we'd caused some light damage to his building? Running a wrestling company is a glamourous business though, right? Think again. Now, is it an interesting experience sometimes? Sure. But, who really needs to know the inner workings of ECW? You don't wanna know how the magician saws the woman in half, you just wanna see him do it. When you grab yourself a hot dog, you don't wanna know the crap that goes in it. That would just spoil the experience.

But this... this changed my mind.

People have gotta hear all about this.

It was a Monday night, December 1st. ECW's fifth annual November To Remember was just in the books and our weekly TV show recapping the event had barely finished it's first airing. Sat at home, preparing for our next big Arena event on December 5th, I got a phone call. So far, so mundane.

"Mr. Heyman, I have Mr. McMahon on the line for you."

"Oh sure, put him through."

Now, this wasn't a surprise. Infact, myself and Vince spoke on the phone a fairly regular basis, whenever we needed to conduct business related to us and the WWF. Remember what I said about that hot dog? Vince and I hadn't spoken in a few weeks though. Not since November 9th, the night Vince McMahon decided to shock the wrestling world and take the World Wrestling Federation Title, by force, from Bret "The Hitman" Hart on worldwide PPV.

Of course, being my own worst enemy, I decided to answer this particular phone call in the most cheerfully over the top manner possible.

"Vince! So good to hear from you! How's it going?"

"Paul. I have some business to discuss with you."

"Mmm hmm."

"There's a rather pressing matter I need taking of care and, quite frankly, I think you can help me out."

"Mmm hmm."

"You see, I have a bit of an issue on my hands at the moment."

"No shit you do!" Now, blurting that out at Vince McMahon probably wasn't good phone etiquette, but, I mean, come on. "What the hell were you thinking, Vince!?"

"I stand by my decisions, Paul. Both for the good of my company and that of this business. I don't really wish to discuss that any further with you than that, if you don't mind, I'd like to discuss what I called you for. You see, I have an issue with one of my talents and it's looking like it may become unresolvable. Whilst most, if not all of my employees have gotten back to work, there is one in particular who seems to be holding somewhat of a grudge against me for what happened." I felt like screaming no shit again, but something held me back, which was probably for the best. Either it was good sense, or more likely, it was being so stunned that I might even need to say it.

"Paul, I'd like you to talk with Owen Hart for me."

A pause followed.

"You want me to do what?"

"Apparently, Owen has taken what happened in Montreal rather personally. He's demanded to be released from his contract and the World Wrestling Federation have refused his request. I believed that we had managed to smooth the situation over, but evidently I was wrong. So, as of right now, he's refusing to appear on any of our programming. Which is where you come in. We have three choices. Choice one, we allow him to go, no doubt to WCW, which I won't let happen. Two, we let him sit out the remainder of his contract, or until he changes his mind. But I would prefer for him to remain in in-ring shape in the interim. So, we would like Owen to work with you at ECW."

"Vince, I would have a talent like Owen Hart on my roster in a heartbeat. But what makes you think he'd even dream about working for us right now?"

"Well, that's why I thought it might be a good idea for you to talk with him, Paul. You can be very... persuasive."

Now, by this point I was trying to gather my thoughts, because you better believe there's no way I'd turn down this opportunity. But, what are the odds I'd even get anywhere? This whole thing was making my head spin and McMahon's on the other end of the phone sounding like this was the most mundane, everyday business deal in the world. This is Owen frikkin' Hart and the whole world is talking about what happened to his brother less than a month ago.

"What do I tell him?"

"Tell him what you think he needs to hear."

"No. About this. About why I'm calling him, about why I'm trying to get him on my shows. The guy's not stupid, you think he won't see that you're behind all this?"

"We'll talk with Owen, let him know the situation."

"And if he agrees? Then what?"

"Then that's down to you."

By this point my mind was starting to catch up a little, I guess. Somehow, I must have been buying into this crazy idea a little. "And if he agrees, what are you gonna let me say and do?"

"Whatever you want. Within the laws of libel of course. I'll forward you onto my secretary, she'll give you Owen's details."
Unread 02-25-2018, 07:18 AM
Phenom

Very interesting, and frankly very believable considering Heymanís relationship with the WWF around this time.....Iíll certainly be following.
Unread 02-26-2018, 05:26 AM
Low Minors

It was three days later and apparently, that phonecall with Vince was not a dream.

The wheels were put in motion and there I was, speaking to Owen Hart. Now, I didn't need to be face to face to tell, Owen wasn't quite as thrilled to be speaking to me as I was to be speaking to him. By this point, I had my sales pitch all planned out though. And pissed off or not, I was determined Owen was going to like it.

Apparently, Vince wanted to capitalise on the bad blood. The idea was to bring Owen back and feud him with Michaels. They'd do a big run-in at the December PPV to kick the angle off and it was 'off to the races'. Except, Owen had gotten wind that that would pretty much be that. Let's face it, Michaels obviously wasn't dropping the title to Owen. Owen wasn't winning the Rumble. And even if either of those things had happened, I didn't get the impression Owen was that invested in being involved in them anyway. I could see his point. Why would Michaels treat him any better than the rest of the Harts? He was better off out of the whole thing. Not that it was in my best interests to back up that opinion too strongly right now.

The conversation was pretty frosty at first, but letting Owen vent seemed to help. As I suspected. I'd be lying if I said Owen jumped at the chance to come to Philadelphia and join the rest of the misfit toys. He probably would have loved to have hung up on me and put this business to one side. Who could blame him? But as time wore on and he vented some of his anger, I at least had his ear. And an offer on the table.

I told him to talk to Mick. I told him to talk to Steve too, but apparently, they're not on speaking terms right now, which is too damn bad. Hey, nobody ever accused me of be tactful, so no damage done.

I don't know if Owen did talk to Mick. I like to think he did. I told Owen, there'd be no shackles on him. All he had to do was come in, cut a few promos, get whatever it was he wanted to get off his chest out there to the world. The same thing I said to Steve when Bischoff fired his ass. Via FedEx. What a class act. "Look where that got him", I said. I don't think Owen really cares about becoming the biggest star in the industry. I don't think that was Steve's sole motivation at that point either. But a chance to vent your soul? That's what I was banking on him being interested in.

Mick got the same chance and I like to think it helped him get past all the BS he was dealing with at that point in time. Hey, if nothing else, we can advertise ECW as the most cathaertic way to call your old boss an asshole that money can buy. We'll even pay you to do it! Who'd turn that deal down?

Not Owen, apparently.

Quote:
So, here goes. Doing RW games, I tend to find myself sticking with history early on, so I wanted some kind of 'butterfly effect' moment that at least explains why Paul Heyman suddenly changes his booking up, a bit. This seems remotely feasible and hey that's good enough for me.

It might take a few shows to find my voice and hit my rhythm, since ECW's model is a bit different from your typical 2 Hr TV and monthy PPV format sports entertainment fed. I won't be radically changing the company overnight either. The one thing I really altered besides Owen was giving Al Snow a short written deal, since WWF signed him straight away first go-around and I at least want some time with him on the roster. The rest? We shall see.

I'll be jumping in and booking Starrcade, Rumble and Wrestlemania, since there's some obvious, important match results on those shows and the AI didn't seem keen on co-operating (close to 50 attempts and Hogan dropped the belt once, to DDP, lesson learnt). Aside from that, it's AI for WWF and WCW for the time being, although I'm still 'making sure' a couple of key people are protected, for now. No Goldberg losing random 4 ways on Saturday Night, for instance.
Unread 02-28-2018, 11:32 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
MONDAY NIGHT SCOUTING
RAW
- They ran an angle with Vader chasing off Rock to open. Outlaws over New Blackjacks in a Tag Title defence. HHH over Skull. Goldust/Bob Holly no contest. Segment backstage with Shawn being interviewed by Sunny. Shawn was acting as you'd expect him to act around Sunny. People can say what they want, but man, I'd love to have someone that smug and dislikable to play with. The heat he'd get here, boy oh boy. Steve Blackman over Kurrgan, I guess they're bored with him. Main event, Undertaker over Jarrett, good match.

SHOTGUN TAPING
- 8-Ball beat Jose Estrada. Thrasher, Christopher and Savio got caught up in a brawl somehow. Mosh over Henry Godwinn by count-out. Blackjack Windham over The Sultan, who is still a thing.

NITRO
- They've begun the hype for Bret coming in, showing Luger and Alex Wright talking about being excited to see him backstage. Benoit/Wrath no finish. Newly babyface (again) Konnan over Kidman. Speaking of turns, they had Piper beat Johnny Grunge and Piper's "tired of being overlooked". If they put him in an NWO shirt, I don't know what they're thinking. Segment with Sting and Hogan, strong but took forever. Nash beat Ernest Miller. Main event, shock to end all shock, didn't have a clean finish. Luger and Hall no contest when a bunch of guys ran in.

SAT. NIGHT TAPING
- Lenny Lane/Alex Wright dance-off. Public Enemy over Silver King and El Dandy. They carried on the hype for Bret, with Kimberly Page and Bischoff cutting promos about him. Hammer double DQ with Rey. Juvi over Ultimo main event.

----
Quote:
ECW BETTER THAN EVER
December 6, 1997
ECW Arena, Philadelphia, PA

ECW's latest Arena offering opened with Al Snow making his way to the ring for the opening match of the night, alone, except in his own mind. And while Al and Head made their way out, we would... head... up to Joey at the announce position.

Joey: "Hello everyone and welcome to the ECW Arena, here, in South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania... where tonight, ECW will prove why we are... Better Than Ever. And making his way to the ring at this time, a man who's mental state is... well, maybe worse than it's ever been, Al Snow, along with... 'The Head'. Sometimes, I wonder, did I really just say that sentence... but, no, somehow, that is accurate."

(E)

Al Snow -vs- Paul Diamond w/Chastity

Al seemed typically pre-occupied with Head, managing to hold a 'conversation' with the inanimate object on the way to the ring and whilst he ensured Head had a good vantage point under the turnbuckles to watch the match. The veteran Diamond had no time for these sort of shenanigans though, jumping Snow as he talked things over with Head in the corner.

Diamond would wear Snow down for much of the match with a methodical attack, with Chastity giving as good as she got from the crowd on the floor. Snow, weirdly, would spend every pause in Diamond's offence looking for inspiration from the Head. Strange. And, yet, somehow, it seemed to work. Whatever 'advice' he got, it was enough to spur Snow into fighting back into the match late on, fending Diamond off with some unorthodox strikes. A thrust kick dazed Diamond long enough for Al to retrieve Head, but the official warned Al not to use it and gave Diamond a chance to strike. Al would be whipped into the corner, but kept a hold of Head. And after a missed corner charge, Diamond took a shot from Head, right to the breadbasket. The Snow Plow then followed and Al picked up the win, with a little help from his 'spiritual advisor'.

Winner: Al Snow, by pinfall, in 8:25
(D)

--------

Joey would head to the ring to offically welcome the crowd to the show, before bringing to the ring the man who pulled up another big upset win at November 2 Remember, Mikey Whipwreck.

As Joey would point out, Mikey was the man to finally put an end to the undefeated streak and finally shut the mouth of Justin Credible. He said nobody had given Mikey much hope, given how impressive Credible had been since coming to ECW, defeating the likes of "Dynamic" Jerry Lynn, Tommy Rogers and The Great Sasuke, but once again, "Mikey did it". Mikey didn't get chance to say much about it, beginning what appeared to be a humble speech, before he would be interrupted by the voice of a distinctly pissed-off looking Justin Credible, flanked by the self proclaimed Sexiest Man In The World, Jason.

Credible: "Everybody in this building knows that what happened at November To Remember was nothing more than a fluke! I've beaten everybody who's gotten in my way... and YOU? YOU really think that you're better than Justin Credible? Mikey Whipwreck, you're nothing but a JOKE!"

Credible would proclaim himself so confident that Mikey couldn't beat him again that he was going to challenge him to a rematch, to prove that it was nothing more than a fluke and he couldn't pin his shoulders to the mat for a count of three ever again. Mikey would grab the mic at this point and make it clear he wasn't afraid of Justin, or Jason. He'd beat Justin again and he'd finally do everyone a favour and teach him some humilility. It seemed like Justin was ready to go now, despite Joey's protestations that "this isn't on the run sheet, we can't do this now!" Credible wasn't listening though, as was busy removing his shirt and handing it to Jason. Mikey would suddenly pounce however and rolled an unsuspecting Justin up.

Joey: "One! Two! THREE! HE GOT HIM!"

Credible 'kicked out' moments after Joey's admittedly slightly fast count and looked aghast, as Mikey was exiting with a big smile on his face, holding up two fingers to denote that he'd now 'pinned' Justin twice. Credible pitched a fit in the ring at being embarrassed again, as Jason tried in vain to calm his man down and point out that this wasn't a match and it didn't count. It didn't seem much consolation to Justin though, as he was mocked by the fans all the same.

(D+)

--------

ECW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Full Blooded Italians (Little Guido and Tracy Smothers) (c) w/Tommy Rich -vs- Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten -vs- Doug Furnas and Phil LaFon w/Lance Wright

The FBI once again retained the Tag Team Titles controversially at November To Remember, thanks to crooked referee, Jeff Jones. Balls and Axl were out to right that wrong, but once again had somebody else to deal with besides the quasi-Italians, as the WWF's very own Doug Furnas and Phil LaFon found their way into the match as well.

This was all Balls and Axl early on, as they dealt with the FBI, then fended off Furnas and LaFon once they decided to get involved. Lance Wright seemed content to have his Stamford assets stay out of the way for the mostpart, letting Balls and Axl bounce around Guido and Smothers instead. When Balls finally tried to introduce some chairs though, a blind-side attack from Furnas and LaFon put pay to it. Furnas and LaFon's decision not to pair up with the FBI and keep the match every team for themselves was probably not wise, as it let the Hardcore Chair Swingin' Freaks back into the match and seemingly spelled the end, as Balls wieled his trusty chair, ready to lay out LaFon. That was until Jeff Jones ran out and started screaming at Balls from the apron.

Joey: "Get this idiot out of here! He's not fit to call a cab, let alone a wrestling match!"

The distraction worked, as Balls dragged Jones into the ring. The crowd were ready to see Jones get his, but instead, Balls got his... well, Balls, tested, by a big low blow from LaFon. Furnas capitalised with a saito suplex and made the cover, with Jones shoving down referee John Finnegan and springing into action to make the count. Not 3 seconds later, closer to barely 1 and a half seconds later, we had new Tag Team Champions.

Joey: "Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten have been screwed again, by that damn Jeff Jones! And because of him, that incompetent moron, the ECW Tag Team Championships, are now in the hands of the World Wrestling Federation!"

Winners and NEW ECW Tag Team Champions: Doug Furnas and Phil LaFon, by pinfall, in 12:16
(?)

--------

Chris Candido w/Lance Storm -vs- Jerry Lynn w/Tommy Rogers

At November To Remember, it was scheduled to be Chris Candido taking on Tommy Rogers in one on one action, but saw the interjection of each man's tag team partner to spark an impromptu two on two battle. Here, Storm and Rogers would be in the corner of their respective partner, but with their own match scheduled later on, there would presumably be no repeat of last month's PPV.

Candido didn't seem prepared for what "Dynamic" Jerry Lynn brought to the table here and appeared to take the upstart lightly, resulting in a rough start for the Triple Threat member. Candido would be forced to the floor to regroup and looked stunned that he'd just been given the run-around. A little stalling outside worked wonders though, as Candido broke up Lynn's momentum and came back with a better strategy. Lynn would still give Candido all he could handle, resulting in a back and forth contest where Candido struggled to keep Lynn under wraps for too long. The young veteran's wily ways would be enough to find a way to win however, as during an exchange of counter wrestling, Candido would turn a backdrop into a sunset flip style takedown and stacked Lynn up, long enough to eek out a pin.

Winner: Chris Candido, by pinfall, in 7:51
(C-)

Lance Storm w/Chris Candido -vs- Tommy Rogers w/Jerry Lynn

The two partners would waste little time in picking up where their team-mates had left off, as Lance made a quick start by jumping Rogers while he commiserated with Lynn, meaning our second match was on. Candido seemed a lot more smug about things having sneaked out his win and encouraged Lance to "make me proud", as he tried to press home his early advantage on Rogers. The jump-start certainly put the veteran Fantastic on the back-foot, but he hung in and when he started to find his way back into the match, Candido was looking less and less confident in the Triple Threat's prospect. As Rogers started to build momentum, Candido decided he'd seen enough and hopped onto the apron, encouraging Lance to "get up and fight already". Rogers didn't take too kindly to Candido's cheerleading and grabbed a hold of him, turning his back to his opponent.

Rogers has been around the block enough times to be on his toes though and as Storm tried to nail him from behind, a quick sidestep resulted in Lance knocking Candido to the floor. Shocked, Lance turned around into a body slam. Rogers then scaled to the top and connected with a missile dropkick to Lance, picking up the win to even up the score between the two teams.

Winner: Tommy Rogers, by pinfall, in 6:13
(D+)

Lynn and Rogers would leave, having got the last laugh, certainly more happy with the shared wins than their opponents were. Candido gave his young 'prospect' a tongue-lashing after the match and while Lance tried to plead his case, the sore jaw Candido was nursing meant he wasn't particularly forgiving as the two argued in the ring.

(E+)

--------

With obvious reluctance, Joey would welcome everyone back to the show by bringing Stevie Richards to the ring. Stevie was all smiles on his way out and he's annoying at the best of times, but in a great mood, he's even worse. Joey wasn't in the mood for Stevie's joviality and the way he casually greeted Joey, immediately grilling him about why he interfered in Tommy Dreamer's match with Rob Van Dam at November To Remember and if he'd finally lost what there was of his mind to begin with. Stevie, far from being insulted, laughed this off, skirting around the issue somewhat and instead talking about how superstars do what superstars want.

Stevie: "If anything, Tommy Dreamer should be honoured. I mean, it's not every day that a guy like Tommy gets to share the ring with a true superstar like me now is it Joey?"

Joey: "Superstar!? You spent three months getting slapped on national TV! You were a glorified lackey!"

Even this failed to break Stevie though, almost as if he was bound and determined not to let anybody spoil his good mood. He just laughed, patted Joey on the shoulder and said he didn't expect him to understand. But that's okay, he didn't expect anyone to understand, but he wouldn't hold that against them and he'd still be the superstar they needed him to be.

(D+)

Stevie Richards -vs- Chris Chetti

"The Superstar" probably figured he had an easy night on his hands, going up against one of ECW's youngest talents in Chris Chetti. He certainly seemed pretty confident, as he enjoyed some rare dominance in a match and lauded it over the crowd at every opportunity. Chetti has some fire though and he caught Richards cold, looking like he might mount a fightback and maybe even pull off a huge upset. Richards caught Chetti coming off the top with a clothesline though and pulled himself back together. A Stevie Kick later and Richards made sure, cinching Chetti up tight for the pin.

Winner: Stevie Richards, by pinfall, in 5:34
(D+)

--------

The Dudley Boys (Buh Buh Ray, D-Von and Big Dick Dudley) w/Sign Guy Dudley and Chubby Dudley -vs- Spike Dudley and The Gangstanators (New Jack and John Kronus)

This was the exactly the kind of chaos you would expect from these six men, a wild, weapon filled brawl that went around the arena. New Jack and Kronus spent some time fighting Big Dick and D-Von into the crowd, leaving Buh Buh to take care of what came closest to consituting 'wrestling' with little half-brother Spike. Spike actually fared well, despite the size difference, managing to hit some big moves to big Buh Buh before the match became a melee again. In amongst the chaos, Big Dick no-sold a guitar shot, Spike was put through a table, New Jack sent D-Von into convulsions with the classic, greco-roman 'vacuum cleaner into a stop sign into the balls' and Buh Buh would finally end the madness, with a powerbomb to Kronus onto the very same stop sign to earn a win for the Dudley clan.

Winners: The Dudley Boys, via pinfall, in 10:41
(D-)

--------

Taz -vs- Pitbull #1 w/Pitbull #2 and Lance Wright

The World Television Champion would make light work of the former Tag Champion, who acted as Taz's suplex dummy for the evening. Despite the encoragement of his tag team partner, Pitbull never stood a chance and it was academic by the time Taz finally chose to choke him out with the Katahajime.

Winner: Taz, by submission, in 3:19
(D)

Looking for revenge, Pitbull #2 would recieve just a T-Bone Tazplex for his troubles, as Taz had left both of the ECW mainstays laying. Grabbing a microphone, Taz would then turn his attentions to Lance Wright, with whom he'd had a run-in with at November To Remember.

Taz: "Any time... any place... anywhere.. if you've got the balls, you bring that jacked up, musclehead freak you call a bodyguard and I'll be happy to choke his ass out, just like all the rest!"

Wright showed concern, backing away from the ring, looking like he had no intentions of answering Taz's challenge on behalf of his man.

(D)

--------

The main event would be up next and we would get the full, iconic Sandman entrance for the match, with Tommy Dreamer and Beulah joining Sandman.

(C-)

Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman w/Beulah McGillicutty -vs- Rob Van Dam and Sabu w/Bill Alfonso

The main event saw two long-standing rivalries yet to be truly settled. November To Remember saw Tommy Dreamer suffer the indignity of being buried under the flag of the World Wrestling Federation by Rob Van Dam, with more than a little help from Doug Furnas, Phil LaFon, referee Jeff Jones and the returning turncoat Stevie Richards. November To Remember also saw the latest chapter in the running feud between The Sandman and Sabu, as Sandman would rescue Dreamer and Beulah after Dreamer's match, before Sabu would go on to defeat Sandman in a chaotic tables and ladders match. The two rivalries had only grown stronger though and now, Dreamer and Sandman were out for revenge.

It was no surprise then that the rulebook was thrown out for this one. While not officially a tornado tag team match, it really wasn't worth the official's effort even trying to keep this one under control. Sandman would reintroduce the ladder from N2R into the equation pretty soon into the match and Dreamer and Van Dam were soon out into the crowd exchanging punches and chair shots, with Dreamer's ankle holding up pretty well. It was rare that Sabu and Van Dam were able to use their tag team ability, with the match so uncontrolled. Whenever they did, it gave them the advantage, but pretty soon one or the other was dragged off somewhere else to brawl, the heat between the four hard to keep under wraps.

Eventually, it was left to Dreamer and Van Dam in the ring, after Sabu and Sandman had gone through table number two of the night at ringside. With Dreamer setting up for the DDT though, who should arrive, but new Tag Team Champions Furnas and LaFon. The champions didn't make as much of an impact as they'd hoped with Dreamer able to fend them off, before ducking an attempted chair throw by Van Dam and spiking him with the DDT after all. Dreamer made the mistake of posing too soon though, not realising that Stevie Richards was lurking in the corner, ready to strike with a Stevie Kick.

Joey: "Stevie Richards strikes again! Damnit!"

On cue, Sabu would return to the ring, setting up a chair next to Dreamer. A triple jump moonsault, on top of the Stevie Kick, enough for Sabu to pick up the win over Tommy, as another win from had been stolen away from ECW's own.

Winners: Rob Van Dam and Sabu, by pinfall, in 18:12
(C+)

--------

OVERALL- C-

Quote:
SHOW NOTES
- Al is starting to find his way with his gimmick.

- We tried to present Diamond as a no-nonsense, Grizzled Veteran. Maybe our crowds weren't big AWA watchers, as it didn't really get over. Paul did okay though and the crowd were still into the match.

- Crowd loved seeing Justin humiliated. Having Jason around helps Justin's act as well.

- We might need to do something with Smothers and Rich, their gimmicks aren't really working right now. I still get a kick out of the fake Italian schtick though. Maybe it's just the way they were being presented that's the problem, having a comedy team hold the belts creates it's own issue.

- I feel like Furnas in particular benefits from having a manager, Wright isn't the best but I still think it works. Balls and Doug did pretty well in the match and Tracy stood out trying to brawl with the good guys.

- Even though we specifically put Tommy and Jerry together to get some rub for Jerry, I thought he did a better job managing Tommy than the other way around. Something about it just clicked. We might need to tweak Tommy's act a bit too though.

- Chetti's got a long way to go. The potential's there. He did a way better job laying in his strikes and looked far more comfortable coming off the top than he has previously.

- Boy, South Philadelphia HATES Big Dick. Nothing like a good crowd brawl to get people going. Except, the one thing that stood out, to me, was Buh Buh's in-ring...

- Taz stepped it up, in and out of the ring. Let's face it, he's head and shoulders above this feud we've had him in and he's ready to get back to bigger things soon enough. Like I said earlier, Lance really isn't the best.

- Beulah was asked to go out and just be a Babe. Fair to say, she delivered.

- The main event really didn't turn out like I'd hoped. The guys tried their best, the match certainly didn't stink, Dreamer and Sandman took their brawling up a notch and Rob really stood out. Something just didn't feel right though. I don't think Rob or Sabu really got to show their stuff like they can, with the chaotic nature of the match. If nothing else, tonight really gave me some food for thought...

Last edited by cbacon87 : 04-24-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Unread 03-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Living Legend

Good first show cbacon.
Unread 03-02-2018, 08:37 AM
Low Minors

Sunday, December 4th 1997

ECW was build on blood, guts and creating chaos. That wasn't going to change. Where we came from, that's ECW identity. But in this business, if you're standing still then you're moving backwards and nobody's going to care about you. You've gotta change with the times.

I'm damn proud of what ECW is and what ECW was. But being too proud to change is a recipe for disaster. Way too many people went out of business by not moving with the times and adapting to what Vince McMahon was doing - and, better yet, adapting past what Vince was doing. ECW, fundamentally, can never stray too far from it's original vision, but I can see the writing on the wall. The Dudley Boys formula has worked tremendously the past year or two, but maybe it's not getting the same kind of response. By the time Stevie hit the ring in the main event, the reactions really weren't what I envisioned at all. Not so long ago, I could have half the freaking locker room hit the ring during a match and people would lap every last guy or girl up. Raven had an entourage stretching halfway out the building ready to interfere in his matches and back then, it worked. Raven and Stevie Richards against The Pitbulls, Gangsta's Paradise, 1995. We took a double dog collar match and we decided, "hell, let's make this even more chaotic". We threw Dreamer out there. We threw Alfonso out there. We threw 911 out there. And you know what? The fans ate it up.

Maybe now, they're getting full. And maybe, we need to pick our spots a little more.

There's one other issue front of my mind. I don't know Owen Hart. As of right now, I can only go off of what I've heard. What I DO know is that Owen Hart might well be, quite possibly, the most important signing we've ever made for ECW. Keeping him happy is very, very essential. It also keeps Vince happy, which is also pretty damn useful. And right now, I don't know how far Owen Hart's envelope can be pushed.

Last year, we had a guy through the doors, looking to make him a big acquisition. The guy's name was Kurt Angle, he'd just won Olympic gold in freestyle wrestling and he was a Pennsylvania guy. Vince was interested in him, but he didn't sign. We'd managed to get him in the door and I was hoping we could convince him to do something with us. It could have been a big deal, got us some publicity. An Olympic gold medalist, working with ECW? What a coo, right? Well, unfortunately, the night he showed up, we ran an angle that he didn't like and he never came back.

The Harts are just about the last group of guys who stand for tradition in this business. Our tradition was built on pissing all over other people's tradition and saying "screw you, we're ECW". But, this is different. Hopefully, we can sell Owen Hart on the aspects of ECW that made the likes of Eddy Guerrero, Dean Malenko and Rey Mysterio Jr. such hot commodities, the aspects of ECW that we don't get the same kind of credit for. And to do that, maybe we need to change how we do things a little.

Not MUCH, mind you. But, a little.

Quote:
So, ECW fans don't like their matches to be overbooked. Who knew? Between that and some gimmick issues, I've altered the product settings slightly. Better Than Ever also got dinged for not having enough attractive females on the show and more on that problem to come soon! Always best to work out the kinks as you go.
Unread 03-09-2018, 05:07 AM
Low Minors

---
Quote:
ECW HARDCORE TV
December 7, 1997

Doug Furnas w/Phil LaFon and Lance Wright -vs- Balls Mahoney w/Axl Rotten

Kicking things off were one half of the new World Tag Team Champions in Doug Furnas and part of the team with a legitimate claim to being robbed of those titles in Balls Mahoney. Furnas and LaFon benefited from an assist from crooked referee Jeff Jones at Better Than Ever, as Jones once again got between Balls and Axl and the tag team gold, for reasons best known to Jeff Jones. The Hardcore Chair Swingin' Freaks had been chasing the FBI for some time and now, their focus has had to switch to the WWF invaders instead.

Mahoney had the advantage when this was a straight up fight, but the presence of LaFon and the WWF's spokesperson Wright at ringside would cause a distraction to turn the tide. Furnas would put a beating on the blind-sided Balls, showing some of his impressive power along the way with some suplexes to the big Nutley, New Jersey native. Axl would rally the crowd behind Balls though, who fought back into the contest with some trusty right hands. Suddenly, things weren't going the WWF side's way and it looked as though Balls was heading for a big redemption win.

Unfortunately, things would go awry again, as referee John Finnegan got clipped by Furnas and went down holding his jaw. Jeff Jones needed no second invitation to hit the ring and try to take over, even though Finnegan was already shrugging the errant shot off and seemed perfectly fine. Jones arguing with Finnegan proved the distraction for Balls though, allowing Furnas to nail him from behind again. This time Balls pulled himself together quickly, escaping a suplex and delivering one of his own. Finnegan's attention was still diverted though and he missed a trip from the outside by LaFon. Balls would stumble and Furnas capitalised with a leaping Frankensteiner, holding Balls down for the three, while Axl finally chased off Jeff Jones only to turn around and see his partner unfairly pinned.

Winner: Doug Furnas, by pinfall, in 6:43
(D-)

--------

At the broadcast position, Joey put aside his disgust at Balls and Axl's continued problems with Jeff Jones and hyped tonight's main event, between Justin Credible and Mikey Whipwreck. It's a rematch from November To Remember, as Justin looks for revenge for being embarrassed by Mikey and Mikey looks to prove that his big win at the PPV wasn't just a fluke.

(D-)

--------

The Dudley Boys w/Big Dick Dudley, Sign Guy Dudley and Studley Dudley -vs- New Jack and Spike Dudley

The ongoing battle between The Dudleys, their little half-brother Spike and The Gangstanators continued, with another wild tag team contest. Kronus was left out of the loop this time, leaving the odd pairing of New Jack and Spike to team up against just Buh Buh and D-Von, although Big Dick was lurking menacingly on the floor.

New Jack came without his haul of weapons for this one, but the match was no less wild for it as the two teams picked up where they'd left off with a brawl in and around the ringside area. Spike took the fight to his much larger half-brother Buh Buh, while New Jack focused mainly on D-Von. Of course, New Jack found some plunder along the way, while Spike wasn't afraid to resort to biting, eye gouging or anything he had to do to overcome the size difference with Buh Buh.

The match would eventually find it's way back into the ring with Spike and Buh Buh, D-Von and New Jack eventually joining them as well. With the aid of some chairs, it looked as though New Jack and Spike had the match in hand and a rocket launcher onto Buh Buh got Spike a near fall. When New Jack lined up one more big chair shot for Buh Buh though, Big Dick would make his presence known and he cleared New Jack out with a big clothesline. Big Dick roared to the crowd, only to get hit with the Acid Drop by Spike! Spike beat his chest in a rage, not realising that Buh Buh and D-Von had regrouped behind him. One 3D later and The Dudleys had picked up another win, albeit with some help from their third man.

Winners: The Dudley Boys, by pinfall, in 6:05
(C-)

--------

A music video aired, highlighting the bizarre pairing of Al Snow and Head.

(E+)

--------

Chris Candido and Lance Storm w/Francine -vs- Nova and The Blue Meanie

On paper, this looked like a pretty routine night for Chris Candido and the "Triple Threat prospect" Lance Storm. However, the match wouldn't quite work out that way. Candido and Storm seemed to have problems getting themselves on the same page and it lead to the former BWO members spending the first few minutes of the match showing their opponents up and leaving the Triple Threat with egg on their face, needing to regroup outside, with Candido complaining to Francine that Lance was "screwing everything up".

When they finally did get the upper hand on Meanie, Candido tried to take the lead, but even then there was miscommunication and it allowed Nova to make a bit of a comeback. Candido and Storm were finally able to pull themselves together at the end, Candido pushing Storm out of the way of a top rope move by Nova, before yelling at him to "get your head in the game already", even though Candido had been every bit a culpable for their problems as Lance was. A tombstone from Lance to Nova and the Blonde Bombshell off the top on Meanie got the win and Candido looked a lot happier with the win in the bag, but it was far from plain sailing.

Winners: Candido and Storm, by pinfall, in 6:29
(D)

--------

Joey presented footage from the ECW Arena's Better Than Ever show, with Taz calling out Lance Wright and challenging his hired bodyguard to face him, "Any time... any place... anywhere". Coming out of the footage, Joey hyped that size was no object to Taz and no antidote to the Katahajime, the Tazmission. There was no doubt that Taz was willing to fight. The only question is, could the same be said for Lance Wright and his hired help?

(D-)

--------

In the locker room, Tommy Dreamer gave comments on what had went down the past couple of months, between himself, Rob Van Dam and the rest of the WWF affiliated wrestlers. Dreamer went over the humiliation of being buried under the flag of the World Wrestling Federation by Rob Van Dam and how this wasn't about him, it was about what it represented for ECW. Dreamer said ECW was in his blood and his respect for ECW wasn't going to allow RVD and co get the last word on this.

Dreamer: "This is about more than me. This is about every guy who's busted their ass to get to where we are right now. This is for guys like Taz, guys like The Sandman, legends like Terry Funk, it's for guys like Nova, Meanie, Mikey Whipwreck... guys who are a lot like you, Stevie Richards. Guys who owe everything of what they are to this company and those fans in the ECW Arena giving them a chance."

Dreamer said he wasn't done with RVD and as for Stevie Richards, the disloyalty and disrespect that he'd shown for what ECW made him into were going to come back to bite him. And the WWF would soon find out that they weren't fighting Tommy Dreamer, they were fighting the heart of ECW.

(D+)

--------

Mikey Whipwreck -vs- Justin Credible w/Jason

The main event saw the rematch from November To Remember, a match in which Mikey Whipwreck ended the undefeated record of the upstart Justin Credible, in what many considered an upset, despite Mikey's longer track record and title success in ECW. Justin Credible would certainly agree, as he confronted Mikey at last night's Better Than Ever event, challenging Mikey to the rematch to prove that his first defeat in ECW was nothing but a fluke. Mikey would somewhat prove his point once by pinning Justin's shoulders to the mat for a count of three again, albeit not in an official match, but he was looking to do it again in actual competition here as well, to completely shut the mouth of the brash Credible.

What proved to be a competitive main event would end on a sour note however. Credible and Mikey would prove to be evenly matched, despite Credible's claims, Mikey giving Credible plenty of trouble throughout the match. Mikey would prove himself more at home in the confines of ECW, using a chair to his advantage on the outside, but most of the match would be fought in the ring and it was there Credible eventually took hold, working over the back of Mikey for the middle portion of the match.

Resiliently, Mikey would stay in the match and build himself up for a comeback, at which point the match could have swung either way. That was until, out of nowhere, Mikey would attempt a baseball slide evade, but upon trying to get up, collapsed in pain. Left clutching his knee, it was clear that Mikey was hurt and the referee tried to check on him to see if he could continue or not. Credible would take matters into his own hands though, grabbing Mikey and locking on a kneebar that had Mikey screaming in pain. And with Mikey clearly in trouble and seemingly too hurt to think straight and actually end the match, the referee had no choice but to stop it for him and call for the bell.

Winners: Justin Credible, by referee stoppage, in 11:28
(D)

Due to Mikey being unable to continue, Justin Credible had won the match. But apparently, this wasn't enough for Justin, as he kept the hold on for a good 10 seconds after the bell. And when he did let go of the hold, it was only to deliver two spinning tombstones in the middle of the ring.

Joey: "Enough is enough, the match is over! Somebody put a stop to this!"

On cue, the locker room would spill out, Balls Mahoney, Axl Rotten, Tommy Dreamer, Nova and The Blue Meanie hitting the ring and sending Justin and Jason to the outside. The five of them would check on Mikey, while Justin openly bragged about what he did as he left, the show ending with medical help coming to the ring for Mikey.

(D-)

--------

OVERALL- D

Quote:
SHOW NOTES
- It's great when you can combine your problems into one, more manageable problem. So when Pitbull #2 showed up so wasted that we couldn't do anything on the show with him, it was nice of Pitbull #1 to spend the night spreading rumours around the locker room about Fonzie, to the point that it seemed Bill was going to try and fist fight him. They don't realise it yet, but the fines both of them got are not going to be the end of the story.

- Al Snow lifted the locker room when he organised and then won a video game tournament

- Axl did an awesome job in Balls's corner getting the crowd going.

- Tonight's show was a good example of why, in my opinion, Buh Buh Ray and D-Von Dudley are one of the best tag teams in professional wrestling. Unfortunately, Spike had some problems keeping up with everybody else in the match and he was off his game tonight.

- Francine's interacions with Chris really surprised me. Francine is Shane's manager first and foremost and Chris had a certain other, more 'famous' manager in his past. But I might have to stick Francine out there with Candido more often after seeing their interplay.

- Not everything on the show clicked so well though. Meanie and Nova as a tag team just isn't working without Stevie as the glue and in-ring, it's just an awful pairing. We've gotta figure out something else for those guys to do.

- The topper though was the main event. Something about Justin and Mikey together isn't working. I dunno if it's the styles, or the lack of a size difference for Mikey to play off of, but I wasn't feeling this one. Which sucks, because as was made abundantly clear on the show, this feud was not over. Mikey will be gone for a while anyway, I guess when he comes back we'll have to figure out what we do.

Quote:
PPV REPORT
WWF D-GENERATION X: IN YOUR HOUSE
- Shawn got his own PPV. Good for him.

- Vince must still be in regroup mode, because this undercard was the ultimate "throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks". Flash Funk beat Brakus in the opener, which doesn't do much for the big guy's mystique. Good for Scorpio though. Scott Taylor beat Miguel Perez Jr., when Los Boricuas caused the DQ with a beatdown. Kurrgan squashed Aguila. Mosh beat Skull, no idea why this was a singles. And Chainz over Jesus in the DOA/Boricuas feud that WILL NOT END.

- The show did at least pick up after that, with TAKA winning the Light Heavyweight Title tournament against Brian Christopher. We'll see how long Vince sticks with TAKA- if he's smart, it'll be for a while.

- They had non-finishes in both the European Title match with Helmsley and Bob Holly and then the Intercontinental Title match with The Rock and Steve Blackman. Back to back. One, fine. Two? You're really pushing your fans at that point.

- Vader beat Jarrett in the semi main, good match.

- The main event pretty much saved this show. They did Shawn and Austin for the title. Word I'd heard was, this was the Wrestlemania match. Maybe it still will be. I guess they panicked, what with publicly humiliating one of the most popular stars in the business on his way out of the company. Anyway, Michaels retained, but they loaded this with DX interference and gave Austin an out. So technically, they could still go with this at Mania. If they do, it's probably the smart move, because whatever people think about Michaels as a person, this was a hell of a match. Made up for the rest of the show, at least.

Last edited by cbacon87 : 04-24-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Unread 03-09-2018, 11:05 AM
All Star

Good premise, and good start. Poor Mikey was murdered

I thought everything would be in Bret's POV, but it's working. I'll be following.
Unread 03-12-2018, 06:45 AM
Low Minors

Monday, December 5th 1997

This business never fails to surprise you.

When Francine pulled me aside after the show and said she needed to talk business, I naturally assumed that she'd gotten an offer from Vince. Makes sense, right? Vince has been busy spending some of that Bret money anyway, signing away Norman Smiley and bringing back Jacques Rougeau. And Francine has all of the 'assets' that Vince is looking for. So, surely, when she started thanking me for all I'd done for her, she was saying her goodbyes and heading for Stamford, no?

"Mexico!?"

"Yeah, why nawt? I fancy travellin' the world, Pawl."

We're not in the business of standing in people's way when they get a better offer. No wait, scratch that. We're not in a position to stand in people's way when they get a better offer. So when Francine explained that AAA were interesting in bringing her in, there wasn't much I could do except wish her well. The door's open for her to return, maybe in a few months she'll miss Philadelphia so much she'll even call me before I call her. She says she's interested in Europe too. I can't picture her taking to the tea and crumpets myself, but hey, best of luck to her.

That does pose me some problems though. With Francine gone, that leaves Shane without a manager, not to mention Candido and Lance. It also leaves us short of females on the roster. And that's going to be an issue. I got in touch with Vince since, for whatever reason, Tammy isn't getting much in the way of TV time, so he was willing to loan her to us for a few appearances. That'll help tide us over in the short term, but we ought to find some more women to bring in a little more permanently. I have someone in mind. But, a little scouting couldn't hurt.
Unread 03-19-2018, 05:20 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
MONDAY NIGHT SCOUTING
RAW
- Austin squashed 8-Ball to open. This was to set up Austin marching straight to the back and trying to attack Michaels, but getting detained by security, so I guess they're still keeping that rematch on the table. Outlaws defended their titles again, beating the Headbangers. Mankind returned to TV and beat Skull. Michaels beat Bob Holly, with help from Helmsley, following on from their draw at the PPV. And Kane over Vader in the main event. Okay show, nothing memorable.

SHOTGUN TAPING
- TAKA made his first defence of the Light Heavyweight Title against Jesus and retained thanks to a Boricuas beatdown. If that's the follow-up to the title tournament, it's not a great sign. Flash, Henry Godwinn and Brian Christopher got in a brawl, that's two weeks in a row Christopher was involved in something like this, so I guess they're running some kinda B-show angle. Phineas over Chainz. Thrasher over D-Lo.

NITRO
- Hogan and Savage were talking 'NWO business' backstage, entertaining if only for the two guys involved. Page over Super Calo. Page then called out Hennig, wanting a US Title shot. Harlem Heat beat Disco and Alex Wright, who've been paired up as 'Boogie Knights', since they both dance. Buff and Rey no contest with NWO interference. Nash promo, interrupted by Sting showing up and brawling with him. Konnan over Hammer by DQ. Main event was Piper over Scott Steiner, with Piper cheating to win, cementing his heel turn. At least it had a finish.

SAT. NIGHT TAPING
- Lenny Lane and Kidman got into a brawl. La Parka over El Dandy. Dibiase was interviewed about Bret coming in. Jericho over Chavo. Mortis beat Hugh Morrus in the main.

----
Quote:
ECW HARDCORE TV
December 14, 1997

We opened this week's show with Al Snow making his entrance, along with Head, ready for action.

Joey: "Hello everyone and welcome to another week of ECW's brand of extreme action, here on ECW Hardcore TV. Already in the ring, there you see, the Big Bull from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Roadkill, along with Chastity... and tonight, we're going to see if Roadkill can do what Chastity's other charge Paul Diamond couldn't recently and avoid getting Head.....

....I really need to start writing this stuff down before I say it out loud."

Once Al had, eventually, made it into the ring, Chastity commandeered the microphone, trying to shout down the crowd. Chastity got in Al's face and screamed that she was sick of that "stupid mannequin head" and they were going to take Al down tonight. Pretty to the point stuff, but it was just to provide a distraction for Al, allowing Roadkill to jump him from behind and jump-start our opening match.

(E)

Al Snow -vs- Roadkill w/Chastity

The gameplan seemed to work as Roadkill's sneak attack allowed him to control a decent amount of the match, beating down on Al with clubbing blows and using his size to his advantage. And it looked like Snow was going to struggle to ever get out of the blocks, resorting to reaching out to Head for 'guidance' as the beating continued.

Roadkill make the rookie mistake of not really trying to put Al away though and it inevitably came back to bite him, when Al avoided a charge in the corner. 'Urged on' by Head, Al would finally fight back into the match, rocking the big man and forcing Chastity to try and take action to help her man out. Drastic action, as she got into the ring and leapt onto the back of Al in the middle of his comeback in an attempt to choke him out. Al was able to throw Chastity off of him, at which point Roadkill made his move. Unfortunately, Al sidestepped and it was Chastity who took the brunt of the big man's charge. This gave Al the opportunity to retrieve Head and clock Roadkill, laying him out for the three and picking up another victory, inspired by his 'unique' sidekick.

Winner: Al Snow, by pinfall, in 6:29
(D+)

--------

From their locker room, we got comments from a frustrated Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten. Of course, Balls isn't a man of many words, remaining in the background pacing and leaving Axl to get some things off of their collective chests. Axl talks about how the two of them have spent months chasing the Full Blooded Italians up and down the country, but at every turn, they'd been screwed out of the Tag Team Titles by Jeff Jones. And at Better Than Ever, when they had the FBI right where they wanted them again, who should get involved again but Jeff Jones. But this time, he decided to help out Doug Furnas and Phil LaFon and they were sick and tired of it.

Axl: "You two boys wanna step into our world? Well you're gonna have to learn to play by our rules. This is ECW! And when we get our hands on you, we're gonna send you two punks back to Connecticut with a chair wrapped around each of your necks!"

Axl closed things out by warning Jeff Jones that they weren't done with him either and Balls held up a steel chair, with Jones's name on it. Literally.

(D-)

--------

From there we head to Joey at the announce position, where he recaps what happened on last week's show. Footage is shown, as Joey describes Mikey's unfortunate injury in the match and condemns Justin Credible for his actions, pointing out that a normal competitor would have pinned Mikey and took the win, but Justin wasn't content on winning the match, he wanted to put Mikey out of the sport. Infact, Joey gets himself so worked up over the whole situation that he has to stop himself from saying something he shouldn't about Justin and throws back to commercial instead.

(E)

--------

Jerry Lynn and Tommy Rogers -vs- The Pitbulls

The burgeoning team of Jerry Lynn and Tommy Rogers were in action again, coming up against one of ECW's stalwart teams, former ECW World Tag Team Champions, The Pitbulls. It had been two-plus years since The Pitbulls were champions though and they'd been through some tough times since then, including Pitbull #1's serious neck injury and in some ways, they had as much to prove as their opponents did.

The match was certainly not the dominant Pitbulls of old, with Lynn and Rogers exhibiting their own teamwork and using their speed advantage to out-fox their bigger opponents. Any time The Pitbulls were able to catch either Lynn or Rogers one on one, they clearly still had the capability to put a hurting on them. But neither #1 nor #2 was able to keep up with them for long and were simply off the pace with this new, dynamic team. Pitbull #2 would be cleared out of the ring and Pitbull #1 was hit with a missile dropkick by Rogers for the win, as Jerry and Tommy continued to impress as a tag team force.

Winners: Lynn and Rogers, by pinfall, in 5:36
(D+)

--------

Joey took some time to discuss "The Franchise" Shane Douglas at the commentary position after the match, speculating on rumours that had been doing the rounds that following November To Remember, the ECW World Heavyweight Champion was contemplating his future. Douglas's elbow injury suffered during the match was documented and Joey relayed that Douglas was set to receive news from his doctor on the true severity of the injury in the past few days, but was keeping the details from ECW staff until he was ready to tell them.

(D)

--------

In a dark area somewhere in the world, we found Taz, with a towel over his head and a sour look on his face as per usual. Taz spoke about how ever since he'd arrived in ECW, he'd taken on anyone and everyone that got in his way. It didn't matter the size, it didn't matter about the name, they all found out the hard way why they called him the Human Suplex Machine and they all wound up getting choked out in the end.

Taz: "I'm not the kinda guy who's gonna sit here and suck my own **** for the hell of it like you see on Monday nights. I'm not here to stroke my ego. Everything I say, I say because it's tha truth. And the truth is, there ain't a man big enough and there ain't a man bad enough in this business that I can't choke out in the middle of that ring! So you bring whoever you got. It don't matter to me. If you think some jakked up bodyguard is gonna stop me from doing what I do best, then you ain't been watchin' closely enough partna'."

Taz ended by speaking to the unidentified bodyguard directly, telling him not to let a "100 pound bag of piss" hold him back if he really wanted to fight him and any time he wanted to step in the ring with him, he'd be more than willing to show him why his motto is "beat me if I can, survive if I let you".

(C+)

--------

Sabu and Rob Van Dam w/Bill Alfonso -vs- The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer w/Beulah McGillicutty

Our main event for the week was a rematch from this month ECW Arena show a couple of weeks ago, pitting long-time rivals against each other in tag team action. Clearly, the match between the two teams at Better Than Ever did nothing to settle the scores between Sandman and Sabu or Dreamer and RVD and they were ready and more than willing to do it all over again.

Like the match from the Arena, this was a wild, all-out brawl between the two teams to start, the four men brawling around ringside for some time at the start. Unlike last time, the pairings didn't find themselves quite on opposite ends of the building though, so this did resemble a bit more of a tag team match. Emphasis on a bit.

Van Dam and Sabu were able to take Tommy out of the equation for a couple of minutes and double team The Sandman in the ring, but their attempts to get the pin on Sandman didn't get them too far. Sandman was eventually able to crotch Van Dam up top by falling into the ropes and brawled to the outside with Sabu, while Dreamer returned and hit a ring shaking superplex for a near fall on Van Dam. The feuding pairs split off for a while, Sabu and Sandman brawling at ringside, leaving Van Dam and Dreamer in an evenly fought match in the ring. And it was largely by the book, until Fonzie passed in a chair for RVD to use. However, that would backfire when Dreamer avoided a spinkick and wound up spiking RVD with a DDT on the chair instead.

Joey: "He got him! He got him! Dreamer got him! One, two and NO! Sabu breaks it up in the nick of time!"

Sandman returned to battle Sabu again but got sent to the floor, leaving Sabu to go after Dreamer. Dreamer would survive a couple of near falls of his own from Sabu before the pair went over the top and to the floor from a running clothesline by Sabu, meaning it was down to RVD and Sandman. Van Dam had recovered by this point and laid out Sandman long enough to attempt a Frog Splash, with Sabu and Dreamer still down and out. Sandman would roll out of the way though and put RVD down with another DDT. Laying the chair across RVD's face, Sandman would then scale the ropes, in his very precarious way and hit a flying leg drop off the top, into the chair! The cover would get three and Sabu was just unable to get back in in time, meaning Sandman and Dreamer had avenged their defeat from two weeks ago.

Winners: Sandman and Dreamer, by pinfall, in 14:24
(C+)

Joey: "The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer pick up the victory here tonight... Bill Alfonso doesn't look too happy with that, but too bad!"

Dreamer congratulated Sandman in the ring post match and Beulah looked to be about to join them, but before she could get in the ring, Sabu and Van Dam would suddenly attack their opponents from behind, Fonzie apparently not the only one not happy with the result.

Joey: "Wait a minute, the match is over! Give me a break! Is that what passes for good sportsmanship in the halls of the World Wrestling Federation!?"

Sabu and Van Dam beat down Sandman and Dreamer, Sandman taking a chairshot to keep him down and Van Dam slamming the chair into Dreamer's formerly injured ankle as well. Sabu went up top and the pair repeat the finish onto Dreamer, with a legdrop onto the chair placed over his face by Van Dam, Fonzie going nuts with the whistle the whole time. Van Dam sure seemed full of himself at this point, considering he'd just lost the match, while Sabu starts choking Sandman in the corner before referees head out to try and put a stop to things.

Joey: "Rob Van Dam and Sabu may be standing tall right now, but we haven't heard the last of this situation. I can assure you that Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman are not done with these two yet, mark my words. I just don't know what it's going to take to settle the score between these four."

(D)

--------

OVERALL- C

Quote:
SHOW NOTES
- My protege Gabe was caught doing some funny cartoon drawings on the back of the run-sheets of the boys before the show, who, thankfully for him, seemed to see the funny side.
- Terry brought us all together before the show and showed up Buh Buh, since he didn't join the rest of the boys for the post match party last night. Buh Buh wound up agreeing to buy drinks for everyone after tonight's show instead, which went down well. Terry's an invaluable guy to have around, because he has the respect of the locker room, whilst managing to be on the young guys level at the same time.

- I was impressed with what I saw out of Al and Roadkill. I thought the two of them worked great together and it's a pairing I might have to go back to if they're going to click that well.

- So, last week, I said how I wasn't done with The Pitbulls after I fined them for being a pain in my ass. Well, part two of that was tonight, having them put some people over on the way out. As it turns out, they're gonna be on their way out a lot quicker than they might have been, had they done a decent job. Pitbull #2 apparently didn't get the message and decided that instead of showing up to the show wasted, he'd get out of his mind before his match this time. I guess that way, he gets high and still gets paid. Great plan, right? Wrong. I'm done with the both of them. Important life lesson- if you're useful to an employer, you can get away with a lot more than you can if you're not. I think #2 at least took it well, albeit a little pissed, understandably. Tommy wasn't happy with the whole deal either, also understandable.

- We tweaked the tag match a little from last time and told them to keep it as a brawl, but didn't overbook things quite so much. The result was actually, probably, a slightly weaker match and Sandman struggled to keep up with the other three guys in more of a straight up match. Keeping things this way for a while might still be the way to go though, to re-train the crowd on what to expect.

Last edited by cbacon87 : 04-24-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Unread 03-20-2018, 06:49 PM
Minor League

Really enjoying this!

Look forward to seein where it goes.
Unread 03-27-2018, 07:48 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
MONDAY NIGHT SCOUTING
RAW
- Undertaker cut a promo on Kane and then squashed Brian Christopher. For some reason, they then had Undertaker bump into Sable in the aisle. Look, you've got a good feud going here Vince, don't complicate things with a B story that makes no sense. Kama over a returning Jacques Rougeau by DQ, seems they're teasing a Nation break-up. Shawn promo, with Austin hitting the ring to try and attack him. Rock and Flash Funk for the IC Title, no contest with Nation interference. Stone Cold cut a promo on Michaels before squashing Jose Estrada. Main event was Kane over Ken Shamrock. Austin is clearly the hot hand right now.

SHOTGUN TAPING
- Brakus showed up and destroyed Aguila. Would be better for us if they put it on a show people watch. New Blackjacks over DOA. D'Lo over Henry Godwinn. Brian Christopher over Bob Holly.

NITRO
- Bagwell beat Johnny Grunge. They had a segment in the ring with Hall and The Giant, with Hall goofing off at Giant's expence and narrowly avoiding getting chokeslammed. Benoit beat Super Calo. Sting interrupted another Nash promo and laid him out with a Scorpion Deathdrop. I guess Nash is Hogan's bump taker now. Hennig over Glacier in a US Title match. Page promo backstage was presumably going to be about Hennig, but was interrupted by Hogan warning him not to mess with the NWO. Meng over Rocco Rock. Main event streak of actual finishes ended at one, as Scott Steiner wrestled Barbarian and the NWO ran in for the Nitro Schmoz.

SAT. NIGHT TAPING
- Martel interrupted a Juvi promo and they brawled. They put over a young Power Plant guy called Evan Karagias in a three way dance with Louie and Sick Boy. Disco and Alex Wright beat Glacier and Miller by DQ. Jericho over Mysterio in the main event. Heard good things about that one. Apparently they're pushing that Jericho's no longer a cruiserweight, we'll see if he gets a push out of it. Not holding my breath.

----
Quote:
ECW HARDCORE TV
December 21, 1997

This week's show would begin with the ECW Television Champion Taz, making his way to the ring in street clothes. Taz would reference how five months ago, he made a pact with Tommy Dreamer, that he would be his tag team partner and in return, he'd give Dreamer a shot at the TV Championship next time they were in the building.

Taz: "And unlike the WWF and unlike the WCW, we're gonna give you what we promise you!"

Dreamer came out into the aisle, as Taz made it clear, this was all about competition and tonight, they'd get in the ring in the main event and compete for the most prestigious championship in the business, but just like everybody else, Tommy Dreamer would be "just another victim". Dreamer nodded to accept the challenge, with Taz telling Dreamer to "beat me if you can, survive if I let you" to put the seal on the deal.

(C+)

--------

Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten -vs- Bill Wiles and Lou Marconi

Balls and Axl had been growing more and more frustrated over recent weeks and this was a perfect opportunity to let off a little steam. Which made for an unfortunate night to be Wiles and Marconi. The two decided to try and get the jump on Balls and Axl to give them any kind of hope, but it didn't really last long. Instead, Balls and Axl made light work of their opponents and finished them off with stereo chair shots to the head, sending a message in the process to the World Tag Team Champions Furnas and LaFon.

Winner: Balls and Axl, by pinfall, in 3:01
(E)

--------

It's the festive period and a number of ECW stars were feeling in the holiday spirit, as we got a number of segments, with Christmassy music playing in the background. Al Snow was with Head backstage and, apparently, Head had gotten Al a gift. Somehow. And Al, somehow, seemed surprised.

Al: "Wow, for me? Wow, this is such a nice surprise, for a change. I really wasn't expecting anything, but you know what, I guess that maybe, I underestimated yo.... what.... yes, of course I got you something too! You think I haven't noticed the hints you've been dropping, singing Frosty The Snowman every second of the day!? Here..... of course it's wrapped. It's Christmas! That's what you do. ....well, I don't know! ....FINE, I'll open it! Relax! This is supposed to be festive!"

Elsewhere, The FBI were in a corridor backstage with a plastic Santa, trying to deliver a Christmas message, which was going well, until Rich wished everyone a "bowl Italia".

Guido: "Hey paisan, it's Buon Natale. C'mon, we're gonna be here all night."

As the FBI argue, we cut to Beulah, in a sexy santa outfit who says she hopes everyone gets what they... really want for Christmas this year.

Back with Al and Head, the presents have been opened. Head is now decked out in a bandana and had a necklace drapped around it's neck... or, where it's neck would be... as we pan out from Head to reveal Al, looking dissapointed as he holds up a pair of socks.

Al: "You got me socks..... well I know you've got no use for them, that doesn't mean you have to give them to me.... no, I'm grateful, it's just, I spent a little more than you did..... look, fine, I'll put them on later, just.... I'm already wearing socks! You really want me to take my socks off, just so I can put your socks on!? ....FINE, I'M PUTTING THE SOCKS ON! *muttering* this is the worst Christmas present ever.... of course you heard that! You hear everything!"

Meanwhile, The FBI are still arguing over their inability to get through their message.

Smothers: "Alright, from the top."
Rich: "What about Feliz Navidad, huh?"
Smothers: "That's Spanish, maan, c'mon! We're Fresh Blooded I-talian!"
Guido: "Full Blooded Italians. C'mon!"

Cue more arguing, as we go to Stevie Richards in a santa hat and a big fake smile on his face.

Stevie: "From me, to you, on this special holiday... I, the Superstar, Stevie Richards, bless you. And I hope, that you too, have a very Stevie New Year."

The FBI are still trying to co-ordinate their message and it's not going great.

Rich: "How about you do it, huh?"
Guido: "Alright, whaddya want, Spanish, Italian, French?"
Rich: "French? Whattya talkin' about?"
Guido: "Hey, hey.... Joyeux Noel."
Rich: "Oh, man! This guy thinks he's so smart, c'mon."

And our last Christmas wisher is The Sandman, clutching a 'candy cane' in one hand, which is his ordinary cane wrapped in some red and white paper and a beer clutched in his other hand.

Sandman: "They say Christmas is a time to eat... drink... and be merry. Well, I ain't feeling very merry this Christmas. So Sabu... until I get my hands on you... I guess I'm just gonna have to drink. Ho ho ho."

Sandman would down his beer and then cane the camera, leaving a floor shot of numerous empty beer cans and a rather busted up cane to close on.

(D)

--------

Doug Furnas and Phil LaFon w/Lance Wright -vs- Jerry Lynn and Tommy Rogers

After their recent impressive performances, Jerry Lynn and Tommy Rogers had earned themselves this opprtunity and a shot at the World Tag Team Champions. This match was non-title, with Furnas and LaFon not actually willing to put the belts on the line just yet. But, it was an opportunity nonetheless, as if Lynn and Rogers could knock off the champs, they'd surely be in line for a title shot down the road.

The good form would continue into this match, as Lynn and Rogers were able to hold their own against a team considered one of the most finely tuned in professional wrestling, giving Furnas and LaFon a competitive contest. Rogers, like Furnas and LaFon, is a tag team veteran and was able to go toe to toe with the two early on, but it was Lynn who forced the Tag Team Champions to elevate their game, living up to his Dynamic moniker by stepping up the pace any time he was involved. The Champions were eventually able to gain a foothold, cutting Rogers off from his partner and working him over. But the game would change again when Lynn finally got the tag and the WWF duo seemed to be in trouble.

Help would arrive for the champs, but it would be from an unlikely source. With Lynn in control and heading to the top rope, Chris Candido would run out, undetected by the youngster. A shove in the back sent Lynn off the top and crashing to the mat, with LaFon quickly capitalising to get the pin, meaning Candido had cost Lynn and Rogers a chance to get into title contention.

Winner: Furnas and LaFon, by pinfall, in 8:17
(D)

--------

After a commercial, we got comments from the Triple Threat, lead by ECW World Heavyweight Champion Shane Douglas, who's arm was in a sling after what happened at November To Remember. Douglas didn't reference the much speculated upon injury much, besides bragging about how Bam Bam Bigelow still couldn't get the job done despite shattering his elbow in the match. Douglas claimed that by 34 years old he'd dominated the sport of professional wrestling and that he is and forever would be the Franchise of ECW, "no matter what". He also claimed that Lance and Candido were the greatest tag team in the sport and the only thing the Triple Threat were going to do from here was get better.

After those not-so humble words, Douglas brought up the elephant in the room. Not his injury, but that his head cheerleader was absent. Douglas said he knew that she was an ambitious woman and he was always happy for her to "explore herself down South", but that the Triple Threat would continue to hit new heights and that there was no need to be upset, because they had someone who would brighten everyone's mood...

...which, to Candido's clear smugness, was the cue for Tammy Sytch to walk into shot.

Tammy: "That's right boys. It's business as usual for the Triple Threat. And in 1998, things are only going to get better. After all, it is the holiday season... and we all know, what Tammy wants, Tammy gets."

Douglas: "And what we want... we TAKE... because we are The Triple Threat."

Douglas throws up the Triple Threat hand signal, followed by Tammy and Candido. When Lance attempts to join in though, Candido pulls his hand down and chastises him, telling him "not yet!"

(D+)

--------

Paul Diamond w/Chastity -vs- Chris Chetti

The veteran Diamond had a tougher night than he was expecting out of Chris Chetti, as the young up and comer put in a surprisingly strong showing. Joey expressed shock on commentary, at how Diamond simply couldn't keep Chetti down for any extended period of time and how Chetti was catching Diamond off his guard. Infact, it looked like Chetti might even pull off the upset at one point, as he caught Diamond with a moonsault off the top for a two count. By the end, Diamond just wanted to get out with a win any way he could. And via a pair of feet on the ropes, he did, robbing Chetti of a memorable win and earning some scorn from Joey for having to resort to such tactics against a rookie.

Winner: Paul Diamond, by pinfall, in 4:45
(E)

--------

ECW WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Taz (c) -vs- Tommy Dreamer

As established at the top, our main event was Taz and Tommy Dreamer, one on one for the World Television Title. With no bad blood between the two, this was all about mutual respect- for each other, for the title and for ECW itself.

Despite the mutual respect, or perhaps because of it, these two held nothing back, fighting this match like they would any other and brawling around ringside with the same kind of tenacity that they would against their fiercest rivals. With the first part of the match almost exclusively taking place on the floor, the two were pretty evenly matched, Dreamer able to brawl with Taz and use the environment to his advantage as well as the champion could. When things eventually got back in the ring, that was more Taz's domain. But the fight so far had taken something out of the champion and Dreamer was still able to hold his own, despite tasting some patented Tazplex variations. Dreamer was well prepared for the Tazzmission, countering once and sending Tazz back into the buckles when it was locked on minutes later. A DDT from Dreamer got a close near fall late on in the match and Dreamer even tried to use the Katahajime himself at one point, but not very effectively.

Unfortunately, the spectre hanging over this match was the pair's problems with the World Wrestling Federation 'superstars' in recent months. And sure enough, not surprisingly, this match wouldn't be without interruption. Taz would rock Dreamer with a T-Bone Tazplex and both were slow to their feet, the perfect opportunity to strike. And Rob Van Dam and Sabu did just that, attacking both Dreamer and Taz to ruin the match.

No Contest, in 12:17
(D+)

Despite the match that they'd just been through, Taz and Dreamer were able to fight back against RVD and Sabu, the four brawling in the ring to presumably end what had been a well fought contest. RVD paired off with Taz and Sabu with Dreamer, until Taz caught Van Dam by surprise and launched him across the ring with a release T-Bone Tazplex! Taz then came over to help Dreamer and together, the two of them clotheslined Sabu out of the ring.

As Dreamer dared RVD, who was holding back Sabu, to come back and fight though, Taz's attention turned to the mountainous Brakus, who had been followed to ringside by Lance Wright in the commotion. Brakus climbed up onto the apron and Taz stood his ground, once again daring the big bodyguard to get in the ring and fight him. But Wright wasn't going to allow it and held onto Brakus's leg, telling him not to do it.

Joey: "What are you afraid of!? Let the men fight if you're so confident in him!"

Wright continued to stop Brakus though, much to Taz's fury, while Fonzie and RVD were busy keeping Sabu at bay as well, Taz and Dreamer clearly itching for a fight that they weren't going to get as the show went off the air.

(D)

--------

OVERALL- D+

Quote:
SHOW NOTES
- Terry has taken a keen interest in Axl lately and seems to be trying to mentor him, as he has done for the likes of Dreamer and Stevie in the past. What Terry offers a company like ECW on screen is only matched by what he offers behind it and it's what makes him one of the true legends of this business.

- Now, I wouldn't like to call MYSELF a legend, but I'm trying to follow Terry's lead with my assistant Gabe. He's passionate about the business and I don't know where it's gonna lead him, but teaching him a few tips of the trade can't hurt. If he can become a better talker, maybe we can find some uses for him on-screen. At worst, he'll be better dealing with the business side of things if he can talk a good game. It works for me.

- We're tweaking Smothers and Rich's gimmicks and we're going to put some extra emphasis on them being Fake Full Blooded Italians again going forward. I think people get the joke, but now they've dropped the belts, we can get away with playing on the joke more. I can't see either of them did a great job in what we filmed for this show, but we'll give this direction a bit of time.

- In a match with three veteran talents, young Jerry Lynn really stood out and carried the match from an entertainment stand-point. He's a real talent. We had Rogers play more of a Wholesome, Old School Face kinda role and he did an above average job on that end at least.

- Lance is another real young talent, but, bless his heart, he's not much of a performer yet. Sharing a screen with Shane, Chris and Tammy, he didn't look good. Tammy did an above average job on her first appearance though and we'll be using her as Chris and Lance's 'Executive Consultant' going forward.

- Dreamer didn't have his best night in the main event, he seemed off, which didn't help what was already a face versus face match with no finish. Yes, I know, I pulled a Nitro, I can give myself ONE at least, right? Wright didn't do a great job in the post match either.
Unread 03-31-2018, 10:07 PM

Hey bacon, loving this so far

And the formatting is something I can really get behind.
Unread 04-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Low Minors

Friday, December 27th 1997

With the Holidays behind us, everyone can start to focus their attentions on 1998. Of course, for me, I've been there mentally for about a month already. Everything has been finalised and the plans for Owen Hart's debut are now set. Now, all we have to do is just wait for the perfect time to make it happen. Oh, and we also have to hope that Owen doesn't have any kind of change of heart between now and then. Until he walks out into the ECW Arena, the back of my mind's gonna keep telling me "this all might fall through". But we're getting closer and, fingers crossed here, he's still onboard.

Vince, in the absense of the Harts on TV, has been busy re-stocking his roster, which is good news for us. Over the past couple of weeks in the aftermath of what happened at Survivor Series, he's added five new talents, two of which were recently under WCW deals. Clearly, he's not taking this situation lying down, even if he did cause it himself. The ex-WCW guys, Norman Smiley and Fit Finlay, are solid pros that should fill up some of the workhouse void left by Owen and Davey Boy. Two of the other guys, Jacques Rougeau and The One Man Gang, kinda stink of roster padding if you ask me. But, when parts of your roster are walking out in disgust then I guess you have to fill the gaps however you can. The fifth guy they've just announced is Johnny Ace, who never really cut it in the US, but did become a big foreign star for All Japan the past few years. That's an interesting one, because if he can carry any of that All Japan success into the WWF, he could be a player, but he might also be in the tail-end of his career by this point.

Our business isn't quite as exciting as Vince's, although, I guess it depends what you're into. We've hopefully solved our Francine problem, by hiring two new valets. The first, Dawn Marie, was someone who I had on my radar and probably would have brought in eventually anyway. Francine's world vacation merely sped up her signing. When Dawn herself mentioned that she was good friends with another person I told her I had my eye on, who goes by the name Bobcat, it made perfect sense to offer her a deal as well. Now, between Dawn, Bobcat, Beulah, Chastity and Tammy, ECW fans should have plenty to keep them visually interested again.

Stevie will be sticking around for another few months. He was on a short deal and I'm still not committing too much into him, beyond this WWF feud, but he is a key part of it now and necessitates keeping around. Sign Guy Dudley's deal is up too and he's spoken about trying his luck elsewhere, so he's free to walk. I don't feel like the Dudley act needs him anymore. He's a smart enough guy though, whatever he decides to do I reckon he'll land on his feet.

Really though, all of this seems like busy work. What I'm really interested in right now is getting this Owen angle off the ground. Starrcade is this Sunday and we'll see what bright idea Bischoff has to introduce Bret. Whatever it is, I don't want people to be talking about that. I want people to be calling their friends and saying "did you hear about OWEN Hart!?" instead.

Just between me and you, diary, I think 1998's gonna be a good year for ECW.

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitgoose View Post
Hey bacon, loving this so far

And the formatting is something I can really get behind.
Thanks, I was going to see what people thought about the formatting eventually. I like keeping an eye on what's happening in the other companies as well and trying to make sense of it all, which means sticking to one ECW show per post, even if it is just a 1 hour show.