Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-27-2019, 06:09 PM
Minor League

Default National Wrestling Alliance 1980: Age of Glory

Dynasty Nominations & Awards
July 2019 Diary of the Month Nominee

National Wrestling Alliance 1980: Age of Glory

A new NWA President, just on the brink of a new decade. Since 1948, the National Wrestling Alliance has dominated professional wrestling. As the 70s come to an end, history tells us a new threat will emerge, systematically taking out one territory at a time, effectively putting an end to the NWA we know and love. In National Wrestling Alliance 1980: Age of Glory, we rewind time to 1980. We put our creative genius together. We make an agreement. This time, history will be different. This will be the Age of Glory.

NWA Executive Committee
NWA President: Eddie Graham (OldSchool4life)
NWA Booking Officer: Jerry Jarrett (smartman) & Jim Crocket, Jr (hailthebulldog)
NWA Media Officer: Vince McMahon, Sr. (Levinux)
NWA Board of Directors: Jim Barnett (RyanR93WKU), Jerry Jarrett, Jim Crocket, Jr, The Sheik and Fritz Von Erich (XMultiGames)

Over the course of this week, we will be introducing you to the territories and championships of the NWA, leading up to the first NWA show report next Monday, featuring World Class Championship Wrestling! Tomorrow, we'll introduce the first two territories in the NWA; Georgia Championship Wrestling and Big Time Wrestling Detroit.

Last edited by Levinux : 08-09-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Unread 05-28-2019, 03:06 PM
Low Minors

this should be good.
Unread 05-28-2019, 04:22 PM
Minor League

GCW is run by RyanR93WKU

Welcome to Georgia Championship Wrestling, hosted by Gordon Solie.

Georgia is a wrestling hotbed and hosts a big show monthly in the Omni located in “Hotlanta” where all the monthly feuds came to an big end. Jim Barnett is the current owner of GCW. This man brought in the biggest names weekly to help win a war of Atlanta in the mid-70s where two companies sought to win the area. Georgia Championship Wrestling won and has accumulated a stacked roster of the best wrestlers from around the world.
Masked Superstar opens up 1980 as the Georgia Heavyweight Champion as he is in a big feud with Mr. Wrestling II. Tommy Rich might just be the hottest baby face in the World but certainly in Georgia where he is beloved by all. You have a ton of major players like Dusty Rhodes, The Briscos, The Russians, Terry Funk, Ole Anderson, Kevin Sullivan, and Austin Idol. All the major names of professional wrestling want to be in Georgia and be on WTBS where they would be seen all over.

GCW Roster:

*Territory Roster Updated Monthly

GCW Championships:

NWA Georgia Heavyweight Champion
The Masked Superstar

NWA Georgia Tag Team Champions
The Russians (Ivan Koloff & Alexis Smirnoff)

NWA National Heavyweight Champion
Vacant

BTW is run by Levinux

Big Time Wrestling (NWA Detroit)

Big Time Wrestling is a staple in the Detroit, MI area and was home of hardcore wrestling in the 60s and 70s. The Sheik, arguably the most popular wrestling in the United States, has been at the helm of BTW since taking over the territory in 1964. Being booked as the promotions top wrestler, The Sheik is a 12 time NWA United States (Detroit) Champion and elevated BTW to great success in the late 60s and early 70s, airing 2-3 television programs a week and a weekly house show at the Cobo Arena in downtown Detroit.

Unfortunately, times have not been been that great due to an economic downturn and the lack of reliable talent, with being reduced to running minimal house shows at much smaller venues around metropolitan Detroit, and no television deal by the mid-70s.

Coming into 1980, BTW is up against changes in time and at the bottom of an uphill battle. A battle is something The Sheik is very familiar with, so if you care to question how much longer BTW will be around, please, step into the ring with The Sheik and tell him to his face.

BTW Roster:

BTW Championships:

NWA United States Heavyweight (Detroit) Champion
The Sheik

NWA World Tag Team (Detroit) Champions
Vacant

Last edited by Levinux : 05-28-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Unread 05-29-2019, 05:45 PM
Minor League

WCCW is run by XMultiGames

World Class Championship Wrestling, the jewel of the south, founded in 1966 by Ed Mclemore, wrestling promoter and owner of the Dallas Sportatorium, and Southwest Sports President Jack Adkisson, better known as wrestler Fritz Von Erich. After McLemore died in 1969 Adkisson took sole control of the territory, separating it from the Houston, San Antonio and Amarillo offices, beginning with the Dallas-Fort Worth Territory and going as south as Brownsville and Corpus Christie and as North as Cimarron and Ottawa Oklahoma.

Von Erich became a hero for the Texans, turning from a Foreign German Sympathizer to a good ole Texan boy, now as the Patriarch Von Erich career comes to a close, a new breed is coming, with the 3 pillars of World Class Kerry, Kevin, and "The Yellow Rose" David Von Erich, take the mantle to lead WCCW into the new decade and beyond.

World Class is the hometown of classic old school southern texan wrestling, combined with the never-seen-in-America Lucha Style of the new Mexican imports, who come to shake the floor and pump adrenaline into an already growing territory.

WCCW Roster:

WCCW Championships:

NWA American Heavyweight
Bruiser Brody

NWA American Tag Team
Jose Lothario & El Halcon

NWA Texas Heavyweight
Mark Lewin

NWA Texas Tag Team
Vacant

NWA Big Time Television
Jose Lothario

Last edited by Levinux : 05-29-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Unread 05-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Minor League

CWA is run by smartman

Continental Wrestling Association

“What in the hell do you mean by pushing your son, Mr. Gulas? He’s terrible and ruining our shows in Memphis!”

“Wait, what do you mean I don’t own the Memphis office? I bought it from you fair and square. No, that wasn’t for 25% of the territory. That was for the ENTIRE office!”

“Boys, I’m taking the Memphis bookings without Nick Gulas’ permission. I’d love for you to join me, but I understand if you can’t.”

"I'm in."

And that was how the last “old-school” NWA territory was formed in 1977. With the help of his friends in the NWA he ran Nick Gulas and his Mid America promotion out of the Memphis area to the Eastern half of the state of Tennessee. Seeing how he’s floundered, Jerry Jarrett is looking to finish them off entirely very, very soon.

Obviously, Jerry Lawler is the figurehead of the company, but he’s not alone as they have a lot of talent, including the booker Bill Dundee who has shown himself to be very well-suited to that job. The other big star is the Boogie Woogie man, Jimmy Valiant. The only trepidation for Jerry Jarrett as he enters 1980 is just how long can the legendary Fabulous One Jackie Fargo, the CWA Southern Heavyweight champion, be his top babyface? Someone is going to have to turn face soon. The question is who it is going to be?

Their territory stretches from Eastern Arkansas West to Nashville Tennessee, and North to pretty much all of Kentucky. They run a Memphis show on Mondays, a Louisville, KY show on Tuesdays, and air a 90-minute live TV show on Saturdays

CWA Roster:

CWA Championships:

CWA Southern Heavyweight Champion
Jackie Fargo

CWA Southern Tag Team Champions
The Assassins

CWA Television Champion
Inaugural Champion Soon!

Last edited by Levinux : 05-31-2019 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Image Updates
Unread 05-30-2019, 07:06 PM
Minor League

JCP is run by hailthebulldog

Jim Crocket Promotions

Jim Crockett Promotions is major league sports in the Mid Atlantic.

Stretching from Baltimore, Maryland south to the Carolinas with its offices in Charlotte, North Carolina. With no professional sport teams JCP has risen to fill that void. Jim Crockett Promotions is run by Jim Crockett, Jr. the son of founder and patriarch "Big" Jim Crockett.

JCP is home to many outstanding wrestlers such as Ric Flair, a young man that was transplanted from Minnesota and was quickly adopted by the Mid Atlantic people as one of their own, Flair is primed to be one of the biggest stars, not only in Jim Crockett Promotions, but also the entire National Wrestling Alliance.

Another is an outstanding cowboy from Eagle Pass, Texas, Blackjack Mulligan. Mulligan is one man that you wouldn't want to mess with, standing Six foot Seven inches and weighing three hundred pounds this cowboy can sure pack one heck of a punch. Two more bright stars to keep your eyes on are the NWA World Tag Team Champions Jay Youngblood & Ricky Steamboat. Youngblood & Steamboat are one of the most outstanding tag teams in the world and provide an excitement that is not easy to find in a wrestling match

However, there are some pretty bad guys in Jim Crockett Promotions as well including the dastardly Greg Valentine. Valentine has taken up from where his father Johnny Valentine had left off and has become one of the most despicable men in Jim Crockett Promotions. Another man to look out for is the ravenous German Baron Von Raschke. The Baron is a crazed man hailing from the Republic of Germany. The Baron is notorious for breaking the conventions of a typical match and bending the rules. The thing that you need to lookout for with the Baron is his crippling Iron Claw that has fell many of his opponents. The last duo of villains that you must be warned of are the reigning Mid-Atlantic Tag Team champions, Ken Patera and John Studd and the duo have held those belts for over one year, these two men are two of the biggest in the entire alliance and they have teamed up and dominated Jim Crockett Promotions since their inception as a team.

JCP Roster:

JCP Championships:

NWA United States Heavyweight Champion
Jimmy Snuka

NWA World Tag Team Championship
Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood

NWA Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Champions
Big John Studd & Ken Patera

NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion
Jim Brunzell

NWA Mid-Atlantic Television Champion
Vacant

Last edited by Levinux : 05-30-2019 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Updated Intro with missing information
Unread 05-30-2019, 09:33 PM
Minor League

CWF is run by OldSchool4life

Championship Wrestling From Florida

Welcome to the sunshine state!

Championship Wrestling from Florida has been one of the most recognized names in the
National Wrestling Alliance since the beginning days of the Tampa office in 1949. In 1973 the
promotion had forever changed with top heel Dusty Rhodes turning on Pak Song. While all of
the top NWA talent, from the Funks to the Briscos, Lou Thesz to Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes
stands the test of time as the main ingredient to Eddie Graham's success.

However, as a new decade brings a new frontier, professional wrestling is slowly, but surely,
coming to a national stage. Without a doubt, Dusty Rhodes is a top star, but with the Briscos
looking to expand to other areas and just losing the Funks in 1979, Eddie Graham is realizing
some new stars will have to not only carry the burden of an entertaining undercard for the
American Dream, but they will also have to prepare to become the stars of tomorrow as
Championship Wrestling from Florida enters "A New Frontier".

CWF Roster:

CWF Championships:

NWA Southern Heavyweight Champion
Leroy Brown

NWA United States Tag Team Championship
Vacant

NWA Brass Knuckles (Florida) Champions
Killer Karl Kox

Last edited by Levinux : 05-30-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Unread 05-31-2019, 11:33 AM
Rookie

This is going to be AWESOME!!! Wish I could have subscribed in time to be part of this

Last edited by BREdit : 05-31-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Unread 06-05-2019, 11:42 PM
Super Star

Sorry for the delay. This is going to start posting daily again.

World Class Championship Wrestling

Tuesday, Week 1, January 1980, at the Dallas Sportatorium, Dallas, Texas,
4,500 fans in attendance (Sell Out)
TV Rating: 3.85 (732,000 viewers)
Show Rating:

The Show begins with Bill Mercer and Cowboy Bob Ellis in the studio providing commentary for the matches telling us there’s an excellent show coming our way

We change cameras to see the ring as the announcers keep talking, only to be interrupted by Gary Hart who climbs into the ring and tells the crowd to shut up:

"Shut up, and pay attention, as the greatest mind of wrestling, me, has an announcement to make, and I’m giving you the privilege of hearing it first hand to give some kind of meaning to your pathetic lives. As you know, I have been scouting all over the world to find new clients, ones who can get the job done, to bring success and championships to my New Age Management Corporation. Some wrestlers who can finally bring the big one, the American Heavyweight Championship, and cement their legacy as I will lead them to the destruction of the Von Erichs once and for all, and it seems I didn’t need to find someone from the other side of the world, as my new clients were already here in World Class. So instead of me introducing them, I believe it’s better for them to introduce themselves"

Gary Hart signals to the heel locker room ramp, and we see the enormous Killer Tim Brooks coming down the ramp just to stop in the middle and look to the back, where we see the surprise appearance of Bruiser Brody with the American Heavyweight Title on his shoulder. The last time we saw Brody was in mid-December defeating the Spoiler in a rematch for the American Heavyweight Championship. After the match, his tag partner Kerry Von Erich and his brothers Kevin and David came out to congratulate him, but Bruiser Brody got angry as he believed they just came out to steal his moment. He told Kerry they were through as partners before leaving the ring and now has allied himself with the devious Gary Hart going back to his evil ways, Gary resumes his speech

"You see I had a brilliant Idea. Why waste so much time thinking of someone able to win the American Title, when I can get the American Heavyweight Champion himself. Who the Von Erichs are jealous of, jealous of his success, and they couldn’t stay quiet and had to try to steal his thunder, but now he has seen the light and along Killer Brooks, they form the most unstoppable team WCCW has ever seen. And when they are done with the Von Erichs, that yellow rose will be as grounded as mint in a mojito, and if you don’t believe me let me prove my point as the board of directors have authorized my beasts to face the American Tag Team Champions"

Jose Lothario and EL Halcon come from the face locker room with the tag titles on their waists and Lothario has the TV title in his shoulder and we prepare for a match after these messages.
&

Non-Title Match
Bruiser Brody & Killer Tim Brooks d. Jose Lothario & El Halcon
A very one-sided match. The tag champions’ aerial attacks were no rival to the strength and brute force of Brody and Brooks. The match went slightly under 10 minutes. El Halcón was being manhandled by both his opponents, preventing him to make the tag, he finally escaped through the legs of Brooks to tag Lothario.

Lothario fared a little bit better against the smallest of the heel team, and got the better of him in a few occasions, enough to make Gary Hart begin to worry, but any worry he had was laid to rest when Brody got back into the match, he steamrolled Lothario and had him on his last legs, looking to tag the even more badly hurt Halcon.

Lothario jumped to tag Halcon, and Brody pounced him through the middle rope out of the ring, with a very scary bump after Lothario fell back neck first into the steel steps, meanwhile in the ring Halcon entered running into the ring only to be received by a running big boot, and the finished with a King Kong Knee Drop for the one two three.

After the match, David Manning throws the X sign up high and the medical services come out to stretcher out Lothario while Halcón holds his hand and walk to the back

vs w/
Kerry Von Erich d. Kazuo Sakurada w/JJ Dillon

In a match that went 10 minutes, more or less, Kerry Von Erich won by pinfall in a very open match. Dillon tried to interfere but Kerry dropped him from the edge of the ring. Kerry hit Sakurada with an iron claw to knock him out and get the one, two, three.

NWA Texas Heavyweight Title Match

w/ vs
Mark Lewin (c) w/JJ Dillon d. Les Thorton

Before the Match, the announcers announced Les Thorton as the first participant in the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship Tournament. Les Thorton came out and said he was thankful for the chance given to him, only to be interrupted by Mark Lewin, saying he was simply a midget who wasn’t good for anything, and he was going to be beaten by anyone in the tournament because he got soft after he began wanting to make the fans happy, Lewin said he was so sure of what he said he was willing to put his Texas Heavyweight Championship in their scheduled match, and Les accepted.

In 12 minutes in a very open match Mark Lewin beat Les Thorton by technical submission with a sleeper hold after Lewin knocked out Bronco Lubich and JJ Dillon attacked Thorton with a steel chair as he was making his comeback, knocking him out, Lewin locked a very loose sleeper hold but Thorton couldn't respond to the consciousness test.

vs
David Von Erich d Gran Markus

In 14 Minutes David Von Erich beat Gran Markus in a very competitive open match after he hit a rolling suplex into an Iron Claw to get the 3 count in a match where Markus had a good showing, but Von Erich was perfect in his timing all the match.

After the Match David cuts a promo on how he is disappointed by Brody "You were supposed to be more, to turn over a new leaf, we offered you our friendship as a sign of good will and let bygones be bygones, if you didn’t want to you only had to say, and we could walk our paths separated in the same direction, but old habits die hard, and you took the easy way out, to hide how you feel just to act as one of Gary Hart mindless stooges. If you are so invincible, you won’t have a problem putting your American Heavyweight Title on the line against me. So what do you say Brody or you have to ask your owner first?" before throwing the mic to the floor and going to the back.

Backstage, Cowboy Ellis interviews Gary Hart while Brody and Brooks stood menacingly in guarding Hart. "David, David, David, you simply like to make things that much easier for me. In the end, I have to thank you, because by making this challenge I don’t have to deal with your gutless father putting up excuses for you not to face Brody. Now, there’s no going back. You just signed your death sentence.

Firstly, Brody will destroy you so hard, there won't be a speck of you remaining after he is done, and that’s Brody being generous. Given your drive to fight, he will destroy you first so you don’t have to see what he will do to your family. To your baby brother, for forcing Brody to carry him into a successful tag title reign, and then, costing him the tag titles. To your big brother for so mindlessly running out to help his baby brothers even if he gets destroyed in the process. Don’t get me wrong, Brody doesn’t have anything against him, but won’t doubt to destroy him if he gets in the way of our plans. Lastly, your father for being a thorn in my side for 14 bleeping years and ever giving any of you life, he will see his sons destroyed one by one, just to destroy his morale before destroying him physically. Von Erichs, be ready because your legacy will fall and there’s no way to stop it", the promo ends with Brody doing a lariat to the camera to push it down, and the image turns black, so we return to the ring.

vs
Kevin Von Erich d. The Spoiler

Kevin became the number one contender to Mark Lewin’s Texas Heavyweight Championship after defeating Dick Murdoch in December’s last show. Spoiler challenged Kevin as he is the tag partner of Mark Lewin and wanted to soften the number one contender. This was Spoiler first match after getting beat by Brody in December, Kevin Von Erich defeated the returning Spoiler in 18 minutes by pinfall after hitting a diving crossbody into an iron claw and knocking out the Spoiler. Closing out the show, Kevin celebrates in the ring thanking the fans for coming and that without them WCCW wouldn’t exist, and we fade to black.

House Shows
Monday Night--68/C+
Killer Tim Brooks d Brian Blair
Mark Lewin d Siva Afi to retain NWA Texas Heavyweight Title
Kerry Von Erich and Mark Lewin staredown
David Von Erich challenges Brody but gets no response
David & Kerry Von Erich d Mr. Hito & Kazuo Sakurada
Accepted Challenge
Kerry Von Erich d Mr. Hito
Fritz Von Erich hypes his 3 sons

Wednesday Night--76/B-
Chris Adams d Jim Harris
Les Thorton d Jonathan Boyd
Bill Mercer Interviews Kevin Von Erich & Mark Lewin
Kerry Von Erich & Chris Adams d Jim Harris & Ted Heath
Kevin Von Erich d Mr. Hito
Fritz Hypes His 3 Sons
Unread 06-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Super Star

Georgia Championship Wrestling
Saturday Week 1 January 1980 at the Georgia Sports Arena
4,500 people in attendance (Sell Out)
TV Rating: 1.34 (256,340 viewers)
Show Rating:

Gordon Solie welcomes everybody to Georgia Championship Wrestling and announces Mr. Wrestling II will be in tonight’s main event.

Austin Idol then joins Gordon Solie saying that everybody needs to go to the Omni this month if you want to see him beat Tommy Rich. As for this Television Championship, he will defend it tonight because the cameras are rolling.

NWA Georgia Television Championship Match
vs

Austin Idol defeated Tom Shaft by submission with the Las Vegas Leglock in 8:35 to retain the NWA Georgia Television Championship.

Gordon Solie hypes the Atlanta House Show this week that will feature Dusty Rhodes vs. Killer Khan in a Loser Leaves Georgia Match, Harley Race vs. Mr. Wrestling II for the NWA World Championship, and Masked Superstar vs. Bob Armstrong for the Georgia Heavyweight Championship.

Mr. Wrestling II joins Gordon Solie saying he will take Harley Race to the limit saying that no matter the outcome Harley Race will feel the pain from being in the same ring with him.

vs
Kevin Sullivan defeated Raymond Rougeau by pinfall with the Double Stomp in 11:48.

After the match, Eddie Mansfield attacked Kevin Sullivan to continue their heated rivalry by busting him open with his multiple punches to the skull.

Tommy Rich joins Gordon Solie and they show the footage of Austin Idol costing him his chance at the Georgia Heavyweight Championship against Masked Superstar. Rich says he has challenged Austin Idol for a match at the Omni. It’s non-title but he doesn’t care about the title he cares about revenge.

vs
Paul Orndorff defeated Rufus R. Jones by pinfall with a Piledriver in 8:49.

The Great Mephisto says Killer Khan will rid Georgia of Dusty Rhodes this Friday night.

vs
Killer Khan defeated Gene Spurlock by pinfall after spitting Asian Mist in his face in 4:38.

Ole Anderson joins Gordon Solie and is very upset. They show the footage where The Russians attacked Ole and Lars Anderson. Ivan Koloff wraps the chain around Lars’ throat and tosses himself over the top rope hanging him. Ole Anderson says Lars is going to be out a few weeks but he will get revenge on The Russians.

vs &
The Russians defeated Jim Nelson and Chic Donovan when Ivan Koloff pinned Jim Nelson with the Russian Sickle in 5:01.

Dusty Rhodes joins Gordon Solie saying he will send Killer Khan packing back to where he comes from in the Loser Leaves Georgia match this Friday.

vs
Bob Armstrong defeated Ray Candy by pinfall with the Georgia Jaw Breaker in 7:29.

Masked Superstar joins Gordon Solie and says Mr. Wrestling II should be focused on him and their match coming up at The Omni instead of his match with Harley Race. Masked Superstar says he will be watching Mr. Wrestling II for scouting purposes tonight.

vs
Mr. Wrestling II defeated The Grappler by pinfall with a Knee Lift in 9:30.

Masked Superstar comes out from behind the curtain to show Mr. Wrestling II he has been watching. Mr. Wrestling II jumps out of the ring to chase him but Masked Superstar runs to the back.

House Shows

Monday Night--77/B
Kevin Sullivan drew with Koko Ware
Post-Match attack by Mansfield stopped by Ricky Fields
Austin Idol declares the title isn't on the line unless cameras are rolling
Austin Idol d. Rufus R. Jones
Mr. Wrestling II d. Paul Orndorff
The Russians d. Bullet Bob Armstrong & Big Bill to retain tag team titles
Ole Anderson d. Jerry Stubbs; They shake hands after the match
The Brisco Brothers d. Crusher Blackwell & Killer Khan
Tommy Rich defeated Masked Superstar by DQ when Austin Idol attacked Tommy Rich at the 18:08 mark.
After the match, Idol and Masked Superstar continue the attack. Masked Superstar locks in the Cobra Hold. Mr. Wrestling II comes running down and Masked Superstar releases the hold and leaves. Idol also exits the ring as Mr. Wrestling II wants to fight them. Mr. Wrestling II helps Tommy Rich as he won the match but it’s announced the title doesn’t change hands by DQ so Masked Superstar is still the Georgia Heavyweight Champion.

Friday Night--73/B-
Tim Horner drew with The Grappler
Austin Idol d. Chic Donovan
Tommy Rich hobbles down and chases off Austin Idol
The Russians d. Bullet Bob Armstrong & Big Bill to retain tag team titles
Mr. Wrestling II d. Crusher Blackwell
Paul Orndorff d. Jerry Stubbs
Minnesota Wrecking Crew d. Raymond Rougeau & Vinnie Valentino
The Russians attack the Minnesota Wrecking Crew and hang Lars Anderson with a chain over the top rope
Masked Superstar d. Rufus R. Jones to retain Georgia Heavyweight Title
Mr. Wrestling II comes out making Superstar leave before he gets attacked
The Great Mephisto declares Abdullah the Butcher is going to carve up Dusty Rhodes tonight
Dusty Rhodes d. Abdullah the Butcher
Dusty celebrates in the ring to send the crowd home happy.
Unread 06-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Super Star

CWA Championship Wrestling

Saturday Week 1 January 1980
Attendance: 3,100
TV Rating: 0.14 (27,210 viewers)
Show Rating:

Pre-Show
Robert Gibson d Barry Horowitz

Lance Russell and Dave Brown Run Down Card For Today’s show
&
“Hello again everybody. Lance Russell here with Dave Brown right along ringside with another BIG day of championship wrestling.” “I tell you Lance we certainly do have a big day. We have the first 2 matches in our Television Title tournament. Jackie Fargo, the Fabulous One himself, has some news that will drive people to the ticket window of the Mid-South Coliseum on Monday Night so stay tuned for that. And the challenger for the CWA Southern Tag Team titles, Robert Gibson, is going to announce his partner.” “Yes Dave, and we’ll show you some of the video that led up to Gibson needing all the help he can get to fend off those 2 huge Assassins. Stay right there. Call your friends and tell them to tune in. We’ll be right back after this break.”

Troy Graham d Bobby Fulton
vs
A quick squash match to start off the show. The announcers hype up Fargo’s announcement coming up at the conclusion of the match.

Jackie Fargo Hypes His NWA Title Match w/Jarrett; Lawler & Hart Come Out to Argue; Jarrett declares that it’s Hart’s fault he’s not getting a title shot!

Lance steps around the desk as the crowd goes nuts for Jackie Fargo and Jerry Jarrett come over to the desk. Jerry starts out “As members of the National Wrestling Alliance, we get to schedule challengers to the NWA World Champion, and it is with great pleasure that I have one scheduled for this Monday Night at the Mid-South Coliseum with this champion here. I know you’re going to give it your all. Harley Race is a beast of a man and a multiple-time World Champion.”

“It’s a great honor to get a shot at the top title in professional wrestling. Harley Race is a beast of a man, and I’m going to have my work cut out for me. I’m sure these fans will all be there front and center to cheer me on. As long as it is one-on-one, I have a good shot at becoming NWA World Heavyweight Champion.” All 3 of them, “What are you two doing out here?”

Lance: “Now, King, I don’t know why you’re laughing. Challenging for the World title is a great honor.”
Lawler: “I’m out here because I thought Jarrett was pulling an April Fool’s joke on all of us giving a shot to this old has-been instead of the top wrestler in the world today, the KING of professional wrestling.” Hart is in the background shouting, “You tell’em King, baby.” You can hear Jarrett just out of mic-shot saying this isn’t a joke. “Look, you two-bit wrestler, that old fossil has been ducking me for weeks with your help so I can get back that title right there (CWA Southern Heavyweight). So how about you just give it to me now because Harley Race is going to pound you into a puddle of goo Monday Night. Then, I can get a shot and show your brother and all these idiots cheering for you what a real champion looks like because I’ve wrestled Race before. I had him beaten on several occasions. So, go ahead and let all these fans know that Race didn’t want to face me. That’s why that fossil is getting the shot.”

Jarrett: “If you want to know why you’re not getting this shot, why don’t you ask that hopping loud-mouth behind you? I called your manager 3 times, and he wasn’t at home any of those times. That’s why you’re not getting this shot. I do want to point out that he is going to defend his CWA Southern Heavyweight Title the following Monday night, and you’re not getting that shot either. Jimmy already promised that to Jimmy Valiant.”

Lawler gets beet red and Hart starts briskly walking to the backstage area all the while pleading that he’ll explain everything. “It all makes sense. Come on King, you know I’ll never do anything to hurt you. Let’s just talk this through.”
Lance: “Well, someone has some explaining to do. Monday Night. Mid-South Coliseum. See history when the Fabulous One, Jackie Fargo challenges for the NWA World Title. Get your tickets now.”

TV Title Tournament 1st QuarterFinal
Bobby Eaton d Eddie Sullivan

vs
This wasn’t quite the start I had in mind for the TV tournament as they had bad chemistry. Eaton looked good in the win in 10 minutes to advance to the Semis in 2 weeks.

Robert Gibson Introduces Bobby Eaton as his partner for Tag Title Match Monday Night; Assassins come out and beat both men down; Bobby looks like he’s hurt!

Robert makes his way to the desk as Bobby is celebrating with the fans. He finally makes his way over to the desk as the crowd cheers when they figure it out. Lance: “Well, this is certainly unexpected. Welcome back to Memphis, Bobby.” Bobby: “I was in a dump, wrestling nobodies he was Mid-American champion who I’m at war with so when Robert here called looking for some help to take on some two-bit thugs AND win the CWA Southern Tag Team titles? I jumped at the chance. We’re coming for you Assassins.” Lance: “Let’s show the people how much trouble you’ve had with them, Robert.” Clips of the Assassins jumping and beating Gibson down in Memphis and Louisville are shown. You can hear the fans yelling from the audience towards the end. We cut back to see the Assassins laying waste to both of them as Lance and Dave are standing off to the side yelling for help from the back. Assassin #1 takes a chair and whacks Eaton across the knee twice. Lance: ”We’ll have to see Monday night if Eaton can go.” Dave: ”That certainly doesn’t look good.”

TV Title Tournament 2nd Quarterfinal
Sonny King d Ricky Morton via cheating

vs
This was supposed to be a glorified squash match, but Morton didn’t get the memo. He drove King to cheat to put the scrappy youngster away, much to the fans’ disgust. King moves on to the Semis to face Eaton in 2 weeks.

Bill Dundee Introduces Dutch Mantell As a Key Piece in Defeating The First Family; Tojo Yamamoto Introduces His New Team The Bicentennial Kings by attacking them!
&
&

Back to the desk again as the Superstar Bill Dundee comes over with a mean looking man, whip in hand. Lance: ”Well, this is a nice surprise, Superstar. Who is this gentleman?” Bill: ”This bad man here is Dutch Mantell, and he’s here to help put the First Family out of business for good.” Dutch: ”Bill is a good friend of mine, and I didn’t fight in Vietnam so skinny little jerks could go running around making my friend’s lives hell. So, Jimmy Hart, I’m going to put an end to your group.” Lance: ”Tojo what are you doing out here? Watch out!” As Dennis Condrey and Phil Hickerson, have come around the ring and laying boots to Dundee and Mantell. The good guys start fighting back as the locker room empties to separate them. Lance: ”We’ll be right back and hope to have this sorted out.”
Good Chemistry w/both Kings for Tojo!

Bill Dundee & Dutch Mantell d The Bicentennial Kings w/Tojo via DQ from Tojo’s interference
We return from commercial with the bell ringing and the fight in the ring as Dave says that we’re getting an impromptu match here today. These 4 clearly love brawling it up as there wasn’t a lot of wrestling going on. There was great tag team work from both teams isolating each of the faces for a time. Finally, Dutch makes the hot tag to the Superstar, and they start turning the tide. Tojo didn’t have the ref distracted enough so when he threw salt at Dundee’s eyes, the ref called for the bell.
Condrey & Hickerson have Great Chemistry as a team

Jerry Lawler w/Jimmy Hart d Scott McGhee
vs
It became clear that Lawler hadn’t calmed down from earlier as he wasn’t 100% focused on his opponent, a debuting youngster, Scott McGhee. That and Jerry having no scouting report to go off of made this a way more interesting match than anyone would have thought. King rolled out of the ring at one point after losing an exchange and yelled at Hart for making him look bad by signing this nobody to a match. Lawler finally took control of the match and pulled out the victory. Fargo showed up at the end to prevent any post-match beatings which made Jerry even more irate.

Fargo goes to check on McGhee. Lawler and he argue. Hart has to pull King back to prevent him from getting suspended.
The two exchange some heated words and look like they’re going to exchange blows when Hart hops between them and starts pulling Lawler towards the locker room saying he’d get suspended if he messed up the main event Monday night.

House Shows
Monday Nights in Memphis, TN--68/C+
Jimmy Hart's First Family Hype Themselves
The Assassins d. Big Red & Ricky Morton in a non-title match
Jackie Fargo, Bill Dundee, and Ken Lucas Hype 6-man tag match in the main event
Tuffy Taylor d. Buddy Wayne
Robert Gibson declares his intent on challenging for the tag titles
Robert Gibson d. Steve Regal via DQ
The Assassins beat down Robert Gibson after causing the DQ
Fargo, Dundee, & Lucas go to a Double DQ vs The First Family (Jimmy Valiant, Lawler, and Paul Ellering)

Tuesday Nights in Louisville, KY--75/B-
Jackie Fargo announces NWA World Title Match next Monday night in Memphis; Jerry Lawler comes out and says he has no chance.
Steve Regal d. Ricky Morton
Robert Gibson & Koko Ware d. Bill Smithson & Buddy Wayne
The Assassins attack but Gibson and Koko fight them off
Troy Graham d. Tom Shaft
Jimmy Hart, Paul Ellering, and Jimmy Valiant Taunt Dundee & Lucas about main event tag match later tonight
Jerry Lawler d. The Grappler
Dundee & Lucas cut a quick promo about the tag match
Jimmy Valiant & Paul Ellering d. Dundee & Lucas via interference from Jimmy Hart
Unread 06-09-2019, 08:52 AM
Minor League

NWA Detroit Presents
Big Time Wrestling
Jan 5, 1980
Tri-City Trade Center in Detroit, MI
Attendance: 294
TV Rating: 0.01

Barbed Wire Match
John Bonello vs. Pampero Firpo
Barbed Wire Match - In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Pampero Firpo defeated John Bonello in a Barbed Wire match in 11:13 by submission with a Crush Bearhug.

The Sheik comes to the ring in-front of an almost sell out crowd in Detroit. Terry Sullian attempts to talk with The Sheik , but The Sheik is more concerned with yelling at the ringside crowd. Sullivan motions to a chair and asks The Sheik to sit, but The Sheik just grabs the chair and taunts the crowd with it. Sullivan makes one last attempt to get a response from the Sheik, and asks him about Mighty Igor, who has made a claim to the United States Championship. The Sheik turns his focus to Sullivan, yelling at him and threatening to hit him with a chair until Sullivan exits the ring with The Sheik not far behind

Bobby Bold Eagle & Chief Jay Strongbow vs. Dave McKigney & The Wolfman
In a decent match, Bobby Bold Eagle and Chief Jay Strongbow defeated Dave McKigney and The Wolfman in 10:15 when Chief Jay Strongbow defeated The Wolfman by pinfall with a Tomahawk Chop.

First Blood Match
Bull Curry vs. Mighty Igor
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Mighty Igor defeated Bull Curry in 10:20 when Bull Curry was busted open.

As Big Time Wrestling wraps up, we're told by Terry Sullivan that we'll see Bobo Brazil in action!
Unread 06-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Minor League

Week 1

We open the show with the Dean of Wrestling Gordon Solie who hypes today's broadcast.

Match #1
&&
Ali Bey & Lou Winston vs Barry Windham and Mike Graham
In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Barry Windham and Mike Graham defeated Ali Bey and Lou Winston in 6:48 when Barry Windham defeated Lou Winston by pinfall with a Flying Lariat.

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentlemen the young Barry Windham looked very impressive in the ring tagging with Mike Graham, but now lets take a look at what happened tuesday night in Tampa Florida. A 10 man battle royal, the winner would receive a shot at Leroy Brown’s NWA Southern Heavyweight Title…..”

10 Man Battle Royal featuring Ernie Ladd, Jimmy Garvin, Stan Lane, Bugsy McGraw, Manny Fernandez, Killer Karl Kox, Chic Donovan, Mike Graham, Dusty Rhodes and Barry Windham

8 minutes into this hectic mayhem we are down to Dusty Rhodes, Ernie Ladd, and Bugsy McGraw. McGraw and Ladd have decided to double up on the Dream and he is looking to be in bad shape. McGraw and Ladd are beating on Rhodes and shove him towards the ropes, they both come charging with clotheslines but Rhodes ducks them both and they both end up going over the top!! McGraw hit the floor but Ladd stayed on the apron. However, Rhodes thinks he has won the match! He’s throwing his hands up in the air!! Ladd creepily climbs back into the squared circle with his hands high above his head! He cracks Rhodes with a double forearm smash to the back! The former AFL & NFL star throws Rhodes over the top rope! Rhodes held on barely by the middle rope but now Ladd is throwing his hands up as if he has won the match!! Rhodes climbs back through the ropes and dropkicks Ladd in the back! Ladd falls forward head first right over the top rope!!! The American Dream has won!!

Winner: Dusty Rhodes

Ernie Ladd vs Don Diamond
In an extremely short match, Ernie Ladd defeated Don Diamond in 4:52 by pinfall with a Big Boot.

Solie: “And now ladies and gentlemen let us welcome The Big Cat, Ernie Ladd.

Ladd: “You know Gordon a battle royal is the dumbest match in the history of wrestling. It is a potluck, it does not determine who is the best wrestler in the ring, only the luckiest. Earlier that day in the parking lot a herd of black cats ran past me when I got out of my car! I walked under 10 ladders on my way into the building! The whole sidewalk was cracked that I had to walk on! I say these things because I was stuck having to throw out Dusty Rhodes. Some call him the American Dream, I call him a stereotypical american: FAT!! DOPY! OUT OF SHAPE! AND UNREALISTIC!! Leroy Brown is a bad man Dusty Rhodes! Best of luck!”

***NWA Brass Knuckles Match***

Hector Guerrero vs Killer Karl Kox (Champion)
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Killer Karl Kox defeated Hector Guerrero in 8:55 by pinfall with a Brainbuster Suplex. Killer Karl Kox makes defence number 1 of his NWA Brass Knuckles (Florida) title.

Kox struts over to the podium with Gordon Solie nearby.

Kox: Gordon! I don’t know why the NWA even lets people like Hector Guerrero in the NWA! Every Mexican hear this as a warning, leave Florida now! There’s not a Mexican in Florida that can wrestle! They should all be working a taco stand somew…….

Manny Fernandez walks out.

Fernandez: Killer Karl Kox! This Tuesday night in Tampa…. I’m going to take that Brass Knuckles belt away from you and shove it right up you… FERNANDEZ CHARGES AFTER KOX!! Kox runs away!

We come back from commercial break and there is a hype video for the Magic Dragon who will be managed by Hiro Matsuda.

w/
Bugsy McGraw with Sir Oliver Humperdink vs Manny Fernandez
This match has a mix of comedy and wild brawling. In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Bugsy McGraw defeated Manny Fernandez in 8:09 by pinfall with a Splash after a distraction from Oliver Humperdink.

Fernandez is rolling out of the ring when Killer Karl Kox walks back out. He tells Fernandez that he was right, Mexicans are not as good. Fernandez runs after Kox but he catches him this time!! Fernandez grabs Kox and throws him into the ring! Fernandez punches Kox with two rights then throws him off of the ropes and connects with a back body drop!! Kox hits the mat hard and then powders out of the ring!

Gordon Solie: Well fans this has been an action packed hour of Championship Wrestling from Florid….

Leroy Brown walks out with the NWA Southern Title around his waist.

Brown: I hear there’s a man named Dusty Rhodes who plans on coming after my Southern Title Tuesday night. Dusty, the call you the American Dream but brother Tuesday night is going to be nothing short of a nightmare for you!!”

Show Overall:

Past weeks house show results:
Week 1 Tuesday House Show (Tampa)
Bryan St. John Draws Sweet Brown Sugar
Stan Lane def. Jimmy Garvin
Jerry Brisco vs Hector Guerrero
Dusty Rhodes def. Bugsy McGraw w Oliver Humperdink
Intermission
15 man battle royal for title shot at NWA Southern Title - Winner Dusty Rhodes

Week 1 House Show Thursday
Magic Dragon Def. Chic Donovan
Hector Guerrero Def. Bryan St. John
Mike Graham draws Stan Lane
Bugsy McGraw DC w Manny Fernandez
Intermission
Dusty Rhodes, Manny Fernandez & Jimmy Garvin Def. Ernie Ladd, Leroy Brown, & Killer Karl Kox

This upcoming Tuesday Night Show:
Week 2 House Show
***NWA Southern Heavyweight Title Match***
Dusty RHodes vs Leroy Brown
Eddie Graham vs Ernie Ladd
Manny F & The Briscos vs KKK, St. John & Magic Dragon
Bugsy McGraw vs Skip Young
Magic Dragon w Hiro Matsuda vs Dory Dixon
Bryan St. John vs Barry Windham

Last edited by hailthebulldog : 06-12-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Unread 06-14-2019, 12:24 AM
Minor League

World Class Championship Wrestling

Tuesday Week 2 January 1980
Attendance: 4,500 (Sell Out)
TV Rating: 5.07 (964,210 viewers)
Show Rating: 78

The Show begins with Bill Mercer and Cowboy Bob Ellis in the studio welcoming us to the show in a very neutral and serious manner. We zoom in on Bill Mercer as he announces that last week, we saw Jose Lothario carried out of the arena by EMTs, "Well we have an update on Jose’s condition. Last week we speculated that it could be a very serious injury that could have kept Jose out of the ring for many months. Unfortunately, the situation is even worse than we originally speculated. The doctors have told Jose, that injury to his neck is so severe that he will likely never wrestle again. We would like to take this moment to wish Jose a speedy recovery from this tragic situation, and that Jose will always have a home in World Class.” After the speech Mercer and Ellis tell us that due to this tragedy that the NWA American Tag Team and World Class Television Championships have been declared vacant. World Class Commissioner Fritz Von Erich has announced that in 2 weeks, at New Year’s Star Wars, not only will we find out who will be crowned NWA Texas Tag Team Champions after the previous champions Mark Lewin and The Spoiler were stripped of the championships after they refused to defend their championships within the 60 days’ time limit. But now we will also crown New NWA American Tag Team Champions, and in the coming weeks we will determine the teams who compete for the respective titles. As for the Television championship, we will have a new champion crowned tonight. Gary Hart has vowed to make his feelings on the Television championship known.

&&
Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy and Chris Adams vs. Dr. Wagner, El Solitario and Villano III
In a pretty even match, The Fabulous Freebirds and Chris Adams defeated Villano III Real by pinfall in 14 minutes, after Terry Gordy hit the Kneeling Powerbomb on El Solitario.

Kerry Von Erich vs. Jim Harris
In a pretty even match, Kerry defeated Jim Harris by submission in 10 minutes, after Kerry Von Erich locked in the Iron Claw on Jim Harris.

Gary Hart comes to the ring flanked by Killer Tim Brooks, and on his shoulder Gary Hart has the NWA World Class Television Championship, as he enters the ring followed by Brooks, he takes the microphone away from the ring announcer and Brooks menaces him "Shut up! As the greatest mind in wrestling, I have something to say. Last week after my men destroyed the American Tag champions so badly, that one of them left on a stretcher. I knew then that I had a winning combination, and as my men utterly dominated their opponents, I knew management would have no option but to bow to my demands. But I know Fritz von Erich is more muscle than brain, and that his libido overpowers his common sense so much so that his pride won’t ever let anyone that didn’t come from his testicles triumph. Fritz better watch out because if him or any of his dopey sons ever try to face up against my men, my men would hurt them so badly that they would never show their faces in public, and I don’t want that... yet. So, I did the sensible thing and went up to the board of directors and demanded a title match. But not a tag title match, Brody is too busy being the dominant American Champion, so I demanded a TV Title match for Killer Brooks, why? Because he liked the title, and everything Brooks likes, Brooks gets. The Board of Directors in all their senses made my man the No.1 Contender on the spot and face Mr. Lothario tonight. However, that selfish pig Lothario had to ruin it all and duck my man. He could not be true champion and face his challenger as all champions should. He decided to fake an injury. Because the only thing that broke on Mr. Lothario was his will, he lost his smile and took his ball an went home. Well once a coward always a coward. What else could we expect of such a weak man. So, what does that mean for the TV belt? It means that Killer Brooks is the new TV champ. Mr. Lothario was the champion and was scheduled to face the rightful No.1 contender Tim Brooks. But Mr. Lothario refused to face his number one contender because he is "injured" and his neck "hurts". So, in my opinion he has just relinquished his title to my client. But my man will prove that he is better champion than Mr. Lothario was. So instead of just getting the title handed to him, Brooks wants to do this the right way. So, I make an open challenge to anyone in the back who dares to enter the ring with Brooks for a chance at his TV Title. Or are all of you cowards like Mr. Lothario?" from the locker room emerges the former tag team champion El Halcón and following him is a civilian dressed Jose Lothario with a Neck Brace, it seems Halcón is here to challenge Brooks, and Lothario is here to counteract Gary Hart.

***NWA World Class Television Championship ***

Killer Tim Brooks vs. El Halcón
In a total domination, Killer Tim Brooks defeated El Halcón in 5 Minutes by Injury Stoppage, to win the NWA Big Time Television Championship, after David Manning was forced to stop the match due to blood loss from the forehead of El Halcon, and couldn’t react to a ten count after a pounce, after the match Halcon was Stretchered out with Lothario walking by his side taking care of his partner.

&&
Chavo and Mandó Guerrero vs. Mr. Hito and Kazuo Sakurada
In a pretty even match, Chavo and Mando defeated Mr. Hito and Kazuo Sakurada by pinfall in 14 minutes, after Chavo Guerrero hit the Gory Bomb on Kazuo Sakurada.

***NWA American Heavyweight Championship***

Bruiser Brody vs. Mil Mascaras
In a one-sided beat down Bruiser Brody defeated Mil Mascaras bypass out in 8 minutes to retain the NWA American Heavyweight Championship after Mascaras passed out from a Bear Hug.

After The Match Gary Hart and his Clients walk into the Studio where Mercer and Ellis are providing commentary, while they are trying to get to the backstage are Ellis stops Hart and asks him for an Interview; "Interview, I’m too busy to give you an interview, I have better things to do than to say anything to this unworthy fans and this excuse of an announcer that you are, all I will say is I told you so, I told you my beasts were unstoppable, and you saw it today first hand, my guys came, put their titles on the line, and walked away fresher than a winter rose, Brooks almost killed a former Heavyweight Champion in El Halcón, and Brody just made piss out this "supposed" Mexican legend, this is my last warning, to all superstars, stay out of our way or you will face the consequences", they continue to walk off as Brody pushes Ellis to one side and they continue walking, now we return to the ring.

&&
David and Kevin Von Erich vs. The Spoiler and Mark Lewin
In a pretty even match, David and Kevin defeater The Spoiler and Lewis by submission in 20 minutes, after David Von Erich locked in the Iron Claw on the Spoiler.
Unread 06-14-2019, 07:54 PM
Super Star

Georgia Championship Wrestling
Saturday Week 2 January 1980 at the Georgia Sports Arena
4,500 people in attendance (Sell Out)
TV Rating: 1.42 (271,060 viewers)
Show Rating:

Gordon Solie welcomes everybody to Georgia Championship Wrestling. He announces the main event will be Masked Superstar defending the Georgia Heavyweight Championship against an opponent of his choosing. Austin Idol will be defending the Georgia Television Championship. We will also hear from Dusty Rhodes, Tommy Rich, and Mr. Wrestling II.

Mr. Wrestling II walks up to Gordon Solie after the introduction and urges Masked Superstar to choose him tonight because he can’t wait for The Omni to get his hands on him.

The Grappler defeated Ricky Fields by pinfall with a Loaded Boot in 12:05.

Ole Anderson is a the hospital with bandages on his head from the attack from The Russians last night and is by the bedside of Lars Anderson. Ole says Lars’ throat may never be the same again but he will be able to fight again. The doctors said he will be cleared and they will get revenge on The Russians at The Omni.

The Super Destroyers defeated The Miller Brothers when Super Destroyer #2 pinned Bill Miller with a Piledriver in 7:21.

Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey is in the ring with Crusher Blackwell saying he has built an army buying Crusher Blackwell, Frank Morell, and Abdullah The Butcher from The Great Mephisto. He also has a secret weapon for Dusty Rhodes as he promises his Army will take him down.

Crusher Blackwell defeated Gene Spurlock by submission with a Bearhug in 3:37.

A vignette is shown with Stan Frazier and Mighty Wilbur working at a farm as they become friends and are going to be a team in GCW.

Masked Superstar joins Gordon Solie saying he has his opponent picked out. He pulls out a list and tells Solie tonight he is going with the man in his mind that should be number one contender, Jerry Stubbs. Masked Superstar is asked about Mr. Wrestling II’s place on the list and he didn’t make the top 10.

Jack Brisco defeated Terry Orndorff by submission with the Figure Four Leglock in 12:27.

After the match, Paul and Terry Orndorff attack Jack Brisco until Jerry Brisco comes out to make the save and the Orndorff retreat.

A video is shown from Friday’s house show where Eddie Mansfield attacked Kevin Sullivan leaving him bloodied.

Eddie Mansfield defeated Jim Nelson by pinfall with a Powerslam in 6:17.

Tommy Rich joins Gordon Solie where they announce that Tommy Rich has been selected to face Harley Race at The Omni this month. Tommy Rich is excited about the chance and looks forward to it. Austin Idol comes out saying Tommy Rich got out of their match because he is afraid of him. Tommy Rich says he will face Austin Idol as well at The Omni but Austin Idol declines saying he doesn’t want to beat him up so bad that he can’t make it to his NWA World Heavyweight Championship match. Austin Idol then requests that Rich leaves so he can defend his title against someone who is a worthy challenger, Bill Dromo.

NWA Georgia Television Championship Match

Austin Idol defeated Bill Dromo by submission with the Las Vegas Leglock to retain the Georgia Television Champion in 9:31.

Dusty Rhodes cuts a promo saying this Friday night he will face Crusher Blackwell. And next Friday he will face Frank Morell. Rhodes said he has already defeated Abdullah but at The Omni he says he wants Sheik’s Secret Weapon. Any match he wants because he is ready for a fight.

NWA Georgia Heavyweight Title Match

Masked Superstar defeated Jerry Stubbs by pinfall with a Swinging Neckbreaker to retain the Georgia Heavyweight Championship in 16:33.

House Shows
Monday Night--76/B-
Tim Horner d Vinnie Valentino
Frank Morrell d Jim Lancaster
Kevin Sullivan & Ricky Fields d Eddie Mansfield & Koko Ware
Jerry Stubbs d The Grappler
Ivan Koloff d Tom Shaft
Ole Anderson & Koloff brawl until Ivan escapes
The Brisco Brothers d Paul & Terry Orndorff
The Briscos celebrate the win
Terry Funk d Bob Armstrong
To the shock of Idol & Masked Superstar, Tommy Rich is 100% and Mr. Wrestling II's tag partner!
Mr. Wrestling II & Tommy Rich d Austin Idol & Masked Superstar when Rich pinned Idol
Mr. Wrestling II & Tommy Rich celebrate their victory

Friday Night--74/B-
Austin Idol declares TV title isn't on the line due to no cameras rolling
Austin Idol d Jerry Stubbs in non-title match
The Farm Boys d Eddie Boulder & Hacksaw Higgins
Masked Superstar d Wahoo McDaniel to retain the NWA Georgia Heavyweight
Kevin Sullivan d Eddie Mansfield via DQ from foreign object
Tommy Rich drew with Terry Funk as time ran out at 30 minutes as Rich had Funk covered
Ole Anderson d Alexis Smirnoff via count out as Smirnoff intentionally stayed out of the ring
Ivan Koloff jumps Ole as Alexis gets back in the ring for a 2-on-1 beatdown
Dusty Rhodes d Killer Khan in Loser Leaves Town Match
Dusty and the fans say goodbye to Killer Khan as he's out of Georgia for good.
Bullet Bob and Big Bill d The Rougeau Brothers
Harley Race d Mr. Wrestling II in 16:02 to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Title
Masked Superstar convinces Race to help him unmask Mr. Wrestling II. Tommy Rich runs out for the save.