Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-22-2018, 05:38 PM
Low Minors

Tasmanian Local to Global will be first on my docket, obviously.
Unread 12-23-2018, 10:56 PM
Super Star

I just hope that angles have evolved. Match making has involved throughout the TEW series to become more complex but angles have not really evolved that much.

And I hope worker development is a lot more interesting than just spam matches/angles. But I wholly expect to be able to get a lot of the workers stats to 100 within the two month demo period. I didn't buy TEW 2016 because you can pretty much beat the game in the demo.
Unread 12-23-2018, 11:32 PM
Major League

The more updates I see, the more hyped I get and the more rendering I have to do in preparation for the new game! I have so many CVerse characters I want to do before the new game comes out! Everything Iíve read so far just has me hyped for mod making and the thought of playing as a Developmental company is just outstanding. I love the changes to the CVerse most of all when I new game comes out so I canít wait to see whatís been done there. With India being added I assume there will be a brand new company Opened up in the region. Iím also guessing a ton of new workers to Flesh out the area as well.
The biggest issue right now is figuring out how to wait another year for the game!
Unread 12-24-2018, 04:03 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarzu View Post
Some personal thoughts on the latest two journal entries.

I think that, unless you want a specific place to hold your show, more people will use locations rather than the venues, in both playing the game and creating databases, where it's more intuitive to create a city rather than a specific place.

USA, Canada, Japan (the reason why Kinki is changed to Kansai) remains the same.

India was touted as the next area and that's it. Great to see it as in reality India has been and is vital for the finances of TNA/Impact Wrestling.

I like the changes for British Isles and Mexico, with the Centro region that will likely be among the biggest regarding importance and community, similar to Tri State, Kanto and Southern England.

Oceania expanded it's great but needs the Northern Territory to be added as a city/location like Darwin is out. The Australian Capital Territory is an enclave into New South Wales, so it's likely included there.

I'm puzzled by Europe. 2016 was a welcomed expansion and I was expecting more regions for 2020, 12 like USA. I'm still figuring out how the regions are composed, in particular when you have Northern Europe and Scandinavia.
I dont believe you need to add NT, yes it is a location but the only major city there is Darwin which is a population of around 150 000. It is a big but insanely empty place. Darwin as the only place to hold shows as the NT as a region is silly. It is probably why NZ only has the one location instead of North and South Islands.
Unread 12-24-2018, 08:30 AM
Hall of Fame

Ecstatic that Adam worked India into the new region setup. Glad to see Russia and Mediterranean represented too. I think this prepares TEW for the Universe to come.
Unread 12-24-2018, 12:20 PM
Rookie

So after the recent events, who's modding for 2020?
Unread 12-24-2018, 02:19 PM
Super Star

While I understand wanting to know if there will be quality mods out for 2020. With release a year or so away, and with everything being fresh, probably best to hold off asking for now. That way we don't crash this thread with the drama of everything and allow the situation to cool down a bit.
Unread 12-24-2018, 05:38 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePepsiPlunge View Post
So after the recent events, who's modding for 2020?
I most likely will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by franticloser View Post
While I understand wanting to know if there will be quality mods out for 2020. With release a year or so away, and with everything being fresh, probably best to hold off asking for now. That way we don't crash this thread with the drama of everything and allow the situation to cool down a bit.
I agree
Unread 12-24-2018, 05:40 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowYourEnemy View Post
Ecstatic that Adam worked India into the new region setup. Glad to see Russia and Mediterranean represented too. I think this prepares TEW for the Universe to come.
"The cryogenically preserved head of Adam Ryland is proud to announce that in TEW 2076, Mars and the Moon will both be playable regions, with new unique companies and workers!"
Unread 12-24-2018, 06:52 PM
Phenom

Are we going to see a steam release?

after reading some locked threads Modding for 2020 is going to be interesting lol
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:01 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Black View Post
"The cryogenically preserved head of Adam Ryland is proud to announce that in TEW 2076, Mars and the Moon will both be playable regions, with new unique companies and workers!"

Eventully, MechaRyland Jr. will develop TEW 2150, the very first iteration to feature 3D gameplay where you can watch the matches you book.

WEXXV is still around, and still at small level.
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:34 PM
All Star

This is a long wait to chew on a pretty 'meh' entry, but I feel like this next one is gonna be blow away like the first few.
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:39 PM
Phenom

So, here's my big question.

Is this version going to store files in the appropriate user folder now, or am I still going to have to run as Admin and approve the UAC prompt every time I play?
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steev42 View Post
So, here's my big question.

Is this version going to store files in the appropriate user folder now, or am I still going to have to run as Admin and approve the UAC prompt every time I play?
It's a feature
Unread 12-25-2018, 03:03 AM
Hall of Fame

Though I'm sure this was already mentioned, my big change I wanna see is kinda a meta-issue to running a company. Now that it's been 15 years in-universe from 2005, 10 from 2010, that "current generation" is old.

That is, a 30-year-old, their prime? 40. 40 is 50.

20, the rookies? 30.

So I don't have Angry Gilmore anymore. I need that next generation. I need to find the new guy in their mid-late 20s to be my favorite going forward. I kinda felt 2013->2016 didn't really feature much change in people's stats over 3 years-that is, guys that were...Iunno, 23, seemed to not progress over 3 years, so they're worse by virtue of less awesometime in those rookie years.

So aside from everything, I'm hoping for a big rework of the CVerse.