Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Comic Book Hero: The Greatest Cape General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Minor League

Default Small questions that don't need their own thread

This thread has been very effective in Adam's other games so I thought I would start it.

I created a character with a back ground story and would like to add a default render to it. How do I do that? I have tried clicking everywhere to bring up the option.

I have been in the ER for 5 hours today on a drip so please forgive my slowness.
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGD View Post
I created a character with a back ground story and would like to add a default render to it. How do I do that? I have tried clicking everywhere to bring up the option.
Assuming you have already created a character, if you go to Character Details on the home screen it should say Default.jpg (or is it None.jpg?) - click that and choose a picture from the menu
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Raider

When I click "Romantic Relationship" I keep getting "Run-time error '3265': item not found in this collection"
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:18 PM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
When I click "Romantic Relationship" I keep getting "Run-time error '3265': item not found in this collection"
Can you send me the save game in question so that I can recreate it please? My address is in my signature.
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Low Minors

Anyone else getting some odd resolution issues? Text not fitting in frame etc ... ?

I'll try to take a screenshot or some such at some point. Sitting on Windows 7.
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:22 PM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinke View Post
Anyone else getting some odd resolution issues? Text not fitting in frame etc ... ?

I'll try to take a screenshot or some such at some point. Sitting on Windows 7.
Try the solutions in the Tech Support FAQ (although they're the exact same ones as TEW and WMMA).
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhd1 View Post
Assuming you have already created a character, if you go to Character Details on the home screen it should say Default.jpg (or is it None.jpg?) - click that and choose a picture from the menu
Thank you, sorted.
Unread 11-17-2011, 12:20 PM

2 Questions

1) Do relationships between other characters ever change. An example would be Raging Fire and Miss Torrent have an engaged relationship. Will that evolve into Marriage or possibly them breaking up throughout the course of the game?

2) Can two heroes ever fight. I know when tracking an anti-hero they might attack you. But what I mean is for example as Big Chill I went after a romance with Miss Torrent, which caused Raging Fire to become a hostility relationship. I tried kicking him out of the team but it wouldn't allow it so I left it. At any point in time can we ever fight to settle our differences.
Unread 11-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Low Minors

LOL I have been trying to get with Miss Spark all game but I don't think she will ever break it off with Raging Fire. I mean with a name like that.... shoooot, don't see it happening for me.
Unread 11-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Low Minors

In the Editor, for the dialogue pieces that say "Solving Entire X Puzzle"

Does that mean it has to be solved 10/10, solved by the character alone, or just having the scheme solved by any number of characters, as long as the character in question is there?
Unread 11-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Major League

How much is the game going to cost once it is released?
Unread 11-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Century View Post
How much is the game going to cost once it is released?
$25
Unread 11-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Super Star

I couldn't find a way to search for this thought I'd ask here; any heroes with Can Multiply Self attribute? I have only seen Cape Killer with it.
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Low Minors

My hero (Moving Target) seems to miss most of his attacks and can't even his several villains. Which ability should I add points into to fix this?

My powers are all melee and physical types (rolls against strenght/reaction, I don't really know if this is the reason since I dont know what it means).
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayo View Post
My hero (Moving Target) seems to miss most of his attacks and can't even his several villains. Which ability should I add points into to fix this?

My powers are all melee and physical types (rolls against strenght/reaction, I don't really know if this is the reason since I dont know what it means).
I'll answer part two first - rolls against is the stat the defender uses when deciding if you have hit or not. To get a successful attack you need to roll a higher number than the defender. Each attack has a seed value (which you can find on the power selection page), and is rolled against a particular stat (such as strength/agility etc.). That particular stat decides the defender's seed value. So, for example if you have an extremely strong character (strength = 800) then they can roll any number between 1 (or is it 0?) and 800. If you haven't got them switched on, I suggest you turn on the rolls screens for everyone (it's in options) and have a look how combat works.

The reason that you are missing (as you will see if you use the rolls screens) is that Moving Target is only a Level 2 character. Therefore he only has two rolls in his attack, and through chance is more likely to roll a lower number than someone who has more than two rolls. The only real way to increase your number of rolls is to increase your popularity, done through winning enough battles to take your sales target above 100%.

Keep trying though, I managed to get two volumes done with Moving Target