Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-04-2014, 10:03 AM
All Star

Well, I've been away from TEW for awhile but I'm playing a RW mod from January 2004 as NWA:TNA.

It's Sunday, Week 3, February 2004 right now and Dixie Carter is upset that I haven't used her at any events. I decided to give her a 6-month vacation to keep her and I both happy.

Champions
Sting is the NWA World Heavyweight champion. His second reign with the title and first since January 1991. America's Most Wanted are 4x NWA World Tag Team champions. Bryan Danielson recently defeated Low-Ki for his first TNA X-Division championship.

Growth
We signed a TV deal with TNN in the first week of February. TNA IMPACT! will premiere in March 2004 on Wednesday (late) nights. We've continued the NWA:TNA on PPV but switched it to Saturday nights. That will be changing to a monthly PPV in March to coincide with the TV deal. We've gained 2+ points in each region of the US for January and February. Sting is signed to a 5-year, 42k/mo contract. Highest paid worker by a long shot. In January we made 250k in profit.

Curious to see where we'll go from here!
Unread 11-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Major League

OK, after mainly playing as APW in the Cornelverse for TEW2010, I'm giving RAW a red-hot go in TEW2013 (mainly because they now have Swoop McCarthy and the Melbourne Blondes, three of my favourites).

I'm playing as Swoop McCarthy, as he's my favourite guy and it means no-one will ever be able to steal him from me.

Just finished my first year and I've managed to transform the roster into a bunch of entertainers with a small handful who could actually wrestle to a roster that can 100% call in the ring. The manner I did this was to sack the guys with the lowest psychology (jobbers and a couple of midcard giants like Skyscraper and Manhunter) and then bring in guys with no personality but great psychology and basics (Debonair David Peterson, Lanny Williams and Harry Simonsen).

I then had DDP, Williams and Simonsen join a stable with Swoop where they won their way up to Upper Midcard (DDP made Main Event) and basically taught the rest of the roster how to wrestle.

The last two that got over the 60 psychology threshold required to call in ring were Luke Steele and Rahmel Goode, who are both massive monsters who's Menace I exploit until it's almost embarrassing.

Anyway, I'm now getting average show ratings of high 70's/low 80's, and my most over guys are Captain Wrestling II (79-83 Pop), Kerry Wayne (71-72 Pop), Loxley Robbins (69-73 Pop), Montgomery Croft (78-80 Pop), Rahmel Goode (70-83 Pop, really popular in Central Australia for some reason) and Swoop McCarthy (67-68 Pop).

Biggest rising star is Molakai Milk, at 62-67 Pop.

My RAW Television Champion is Montgomery Croft. He and Swoop McCarthy have formed a dominant tag team called The Egomaniacs (good chemistry) and they basically dominate the company using the numbers game and underhanded tactics, along with the help of their hired bodyguards, The Apocalypse (Warmonger and Hatemonger).

The Apocalypse have the RAW Tag Titles, they won it at Ground Zero (my December PPV, season finale and my only 3hr PPV. It's my Wrestlemania) from the Melbourne Blondes, who are just about to start a feud with The Egomaniacs to drag them up the card.

Nathan McKenzie has the RAW Quest Title. I only signed him over from APW in September, basically because he's a giant but with the psychology to call in match. He's partnered up with Luke Steele and they're about to start a feud with Rahmel Goode. Steele & Goode are massive giants and Goode in particular just gains so much overness from his menace he's basically transformed the company and is the reason my entire Main Event is where they are Popularity wise.

Anyway, it's a new year so I'm looking for new storylines. Just hired Dumfrey Pinn, who's going to take the on-screen authority role, he's got it all: Entertainment, Menace, 75 Psychology, just doesn't have the Pop yet. But he'll get it, and get it fast.

I kind of liken my company now to a late-90s WWF-style, which was my favourite era in wrestling. The Egomaniacs are my DX, Rahmel Goode is my face-Batista (I know, he wasn't 90s), Captain Wrestling II is a Hulk Hogan (currently Heel), The Apocalypse are the LOD, The Melbourne Blondes are Edge & Christian, and so on and so on. I am really enjoying this game.

Oh yeah, just got a Small PPV deal in England too, so we're building some Pop over there now. The company has turned profit the final two months of the year as well, which is a massive step forward.

Only downside is it's virtually impossible to get to National with the Importance of New Zealand and Central Australia. I basically need to get to 93 Popularity overall at current levels to achieve this.
Unread 11-06-2014, 01:15 PM
All Star

National is tough but can you expand into other regions with an Aussie company? That would be impressive!
Unread 11-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Major League

I'm now up to about 35 pop in all of England. My TV Champion (which is the big one in RAW) Kerry Wayne is now about 94 pop across Australia, about 40 or 50 in England and 17 everywhere else (except Mexico).

I'll give an update of my game once I get to work.
Unread 11-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nickman View Post
OK, after mainly playing as APW in the Cornelverse for TEW2010, I'm giving RAW a red-hot go in TEW2013 (mainly because they now have Swoop McCarthy and the Melbourne Blondes, three of my favourites).

I'm playing as Swoop McCarthy, as he's my favourite guy and it means no-one will ever be able to steal him from me.

Just finished my first year and I've managed to transform the roster into a bunch of entertainers with a small handful who could actually wrestle to a roster that can 100% call in the ring. The manner I did this was to sack the guys with the lowest psychology (jobbers and a couple of midcard giants like Skyscraper and Manhunter) and then bring in guys with no personality but great psychology and basics (Debonair David Peterson, Lanny Williams and Harry Simonsen).

I then had DDP, Williams and Simonsen join a stable with Swoop where they won their way up to Upper Midcard (DDP made Main Event) and basically taught the rest of the roster how to wrestle.

The last two that got over the 60 psychology threshold required to call in ring were Luke Steele and Rahmel Goode, who are both massive monsters who's Menace I exploit until it's almost embarrassing.

Anyway, I'm now getting average show ratings of high 70's/low 80's, and my most over guys are Captain Wrestling II (79-83 Pop), Kerry Wayne (71-72 Pop), Loxley Robbins (69-73 Pop), Montgomery Croft (78-80 Pop), Rahmel Goode (70-83 Pop, really popular in Central Australia for some reason) and Swoop McCarthy (67-68 Pop).

Biggest rising star is Molakai Milk, at 62-67 Pop.

My RAW Television Champion is Montgomery Croft. He and Swoop McCarthy have formed a dominant tag team called The Egomaniacs (good chemistry) and they basically dominate the company using the numbers game and underhanded tactics, along with the help of their hired bodyguards, The Apocalypse (Warmonger and Hatemonger).

The Apocalypse have the RAW Tag Titles, they won it at Ground Zero (my December PPV, season finale and my only 3hr PPV. It's my Wrestlemania) from the Melbourne Blondes, who are just about to start a feud with The Egomaniacs to drag them up the card.

Nathan McKenzie has the RAW Quest Title. I only signed him over from APW in September, basically because he's a giant but with the psychology to call in match. He's partnered up with Luke Steele and they're about to start a feud with Rahmel Goode. Steele & Goode are massive giants and Goode in particular just gains so much overness from his menace he's basically transformed the company and is the reason my entire Main Event is where they are Popularity wise.

Anyway, it's a new year so I'm looking for new storylines. Just hired Dumfrey Pinn, who's going to take the on-screen authority role, he's got it all: Entertainment, Menace, 75 Psychology, just doesn't have the Pop yet. But he'll get it, and get it fast.

I kind of liken my company now to a late-90s WWF-style, which was my favourite era in wrestling. The Egomaniacs are my DX, Rahmel Goode is my face-Batista (I know, he wasn't 90s), Captain Wrestling II is a Hulk Hogan (currently Heel), The Apocalypse are the LOD, The Melbourne Blondes are Edge & Christian, and so on and so on. I am really enjoying this game.

Oh yeah, just got a Small PPV deal in England too, so we're building some Pop over there now. The company has turned profit the final two months of the year as well, which is a massive step forward.

Only downside is it's virtually impossible to get to National with the Importance of New Zealand and Central Australia. I basically need to get to 93 Popularity overall at current levels to achieve this.
Ok, so an update on this game for anyone who's interested. Geez I'm loving this game at present.

We are absolutely going great guns!! Currently in Week 1, May 2014. Our Pop is 76 across Australia and 35 across the British Isles.

Our Main Eventers are Kerry Wayne (RAW Television Champion, Face, Pop 92-94 across Australia), Montgomery Croft (RAW Tag Team Champion, Heel, Pop 84-89), Captain Wrestling II (Recently turned Face again, Pop 82-88), Swoop McCarthy (RAW Tag Team Champion, Heel, myself, Pop 79-86) and Nathan McKenzie (Heel, Pop 76-80).

Upper Midcard consists of Rahmel Goode (Recently turned Heel again, Pop 69-73), Luke Steele (Heel, Pop 69-73), Molokai Milk (Face, Pop 67-72), Loxley Robbine (Face, Pop 68-70) and Rick Stantz (Face, Pop 60-61).

RAW Television Champion (80 Prestige) is Kerry Wayne. He won it from Montgomery Croft at the January PPV "Monsters of RAW". Has defended if four times since, most notably in a 4 man cage match at February's "Caged Ambition" PPV (Scored 85, my best match to date), as well as a Singles match against his old tag team partner Captain Wrestling II at March's "Blackout" PPV (scored an 82 and indirectly resulted in The Captain turning Face again). His next scheduled defence is against Nathan McKenzie (Stars of RAW Tournament winner) at June's "King of Kings" PPV.

RAW Tag Team Champions (62 Prestige) are The Egomaniacs (Montgomery Croft & Swoop McCarthy). They won it from the Melbourne Blondes (Rick Stantz & Blake Belushi, 4 time champions) at March's "Blackout" PPV in a 3-Way Tag Match against the Blondes & The Apocalypse (Warmonger & Hatemonger, who just so happen to be the Egomaniacs bodyguards). They've made two defences so far, against the Blondes in a Cage Match (thus ensuring no interference) and against the Modern Warriors (Kerry Wayne & Captain Wrestling II), who they'll face again at May's "Tag Team Turmoil" PPV. I'm predicting a massive score for this match, possibly topping my previous best 85.

RAW Quest Champion (42 Prestige) is Loxley Robbins. He won it from Nathan McKenzie (held it for six months with 9 defences), mainly because McKenzie won the Stars of RAW Tournament and has shifted to the Main Event scene and it's a midcard title. SPOILER ALERT: Robbins is just a transition champion and will be dropping it to Echo (Midcard Heel, Pop 45-46) in the next few weeks.

Stars of RAW Tournament held at April's "The Stars of RAW" PPV: The winner of this gets a RAW Television Title shot at June's "King of Kings" PPV (Much like the King of the Ring winner used to get a shot at Summerslam). Winner was Nathan McKenzie, who beat out Molokai Milk in the final. Semi-finalists were Montgomery Croft and Blake Belushi (Midcard Face, Pop 58-59).

Last Man Standing Tournament held at October's "Last Man Standing" PPV: Much like the Royal Rumble the winner of this match gets a RAW Television Title Shot at December's "Ground Zero" PPV (the season finale). The difference is this only a 10-Man over the top Battle Royal. The winner of last year's Last Man Standing Tournament was Loxley Robbins, who went on to lose against Montgomery Croft at Ground Zero.

Finally, The Ultimate Contract (I know, I know, rip off of Money in the Bank) Match is held every year at December's "Ground Zero" PPV. The main difference between the Ultimate Contract and MITB is that it can be used for ANY title in the next 12 months (which is just in case I can't get enough Pop for the winner in that time). Winner of last year's Ultimate Contract is Frogue Element (Midcard Face, Pop 46-47, up 11 points since he won the contract and listed as our #1 Next Big Thing). Rumour has it that Creative still don't know when or how he'll cash in the contract.

The only other thing of note that I've got going on is I've hired Dumfrey Pinn (currently a Midcard Heel, Pop 50-52) as the "Executive Producer", basically the bloke in charge. He's got Menace of 78, Psychology of 76, great Entertainment skills, and is flying up the roster. His popularity has increased by 20 points in four months, mainly through angles, as he's only had five matches. He's pretty well protected too, with Quiz Master & Quizzical Mark Question as his lackeys and Rahmel Goode & Luke Steele as his MASSIVE bodyguards. Great Heel faction known as the Executive Committee.

So that's pretty much it. Have I mentioned recently how much I'm LOVING this save game??
Unread 11-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Super Star

Playing AWA in the 85 Risky Business mod, using Terry Funk as my user.

King Kong Brody beat Rick Martel for the belt in Jan, in March he turned face, going up against myself, and Nick Bockwinkel. I brought Stan Hansen in once we hit cult, in April, after three tries, Hansen beat Brody for the belt and the next week took him out for a month. Brody just came back and I am having him do a stalking angle, while Hansen keeps bragging about how he took him out.

During this, I've built up a few guys, and brought in a couple others, My main even scene is as follows

Faces
Dory Funk Jr.(in a feud with myself)
King Kong Brody(feuding with Hansen)
Magnum TA(feuding with Tully Blanchard)
Rick Martel

Heels
Stan Hansen
Terry Funk
Tully Blanchard

I've got a strong tag scene, The Hart Foundation are champions with the rest of the division made up with the following

Faces
The Hart Foundation
The Midnight Rockers

Heels
The Malenko Boys
Earthquakers(King Kong Bundy & The Great Kokina)
Ladies Choice(Rick Rude & Scott Hall)
The Freebirds
North South Connection

Future plans, are to keep building to National(the US scene is making it hard) but I've grown with every show so that's good. Tully is the TV champ right now, and in the feud with Magnum, been slowly pushing Hennig and Rude for the future.

I'm excited to see if I can bring the AWA into the future, and see what someone like Angle or Danielson could do in a product like Verne's.
Unread 11-07-2014, 07:37 PM
All Star

TNA Wrestling - Week 3, July 2004

TNA's progress of gaining 2 points in each region of the US each month has continued. The champions from February continue, although America's Most Wanted lost the tag titles to Triple X and regained them a month later (for their 5th reign). TNA is no longer connected to the NWA alliance. We've essentially taken the NWA World Heavyweight title and NWA World Tag Team titles hostage by discontinuing the NWA:TNA name, resigning from the NWA alliance, and renaming the championships with TNA's name.

- I'm excited about the tag team division I've thrown together in the past few months: led by AMW, Triple X, Motor City Machine Guns, Briscoe Brothers, the new teams of Chris Hero and Ron Killings, Matt Sydal and Jerry Lynn, along with the Naturals.

- We're heading into TNA Victory Road and that's being headlined by a four-way elimination match for the TNA World Heavyweight title. Sting will defend his championship against Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, and Jeff Hardy. Other matches include Bryan Danielson vs Samoa Joe, Chris Candido vs AJ Styles, and much more.

- I'm building towards a Sting vs Joe title match at Bound For Glory right now. I'm not sure what direction I'll be taking when I finally get there in a few months. I'm enjoying my long term plans with dashes of on-the-fly booking sprinkled in.
Unread 11-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Major League

Been playing an April 2014 Real World Mod as Ring Of Honor, currently in November of 2015 and just hit national. My plans are to try and make it to a high national status by 2017. I currently have a strong Tag Team Division consisting of:

American Wolves
The Briscoes
Beer Money
Brother Dudleys
Fallen Age (Hanson & Crazey Steve)
Londrick
The Tru Church (Elijah Burke & Kenny King)

My Main Event scene consists of:
Austin (Adam) Cole (former ROH World Champion)
Chris Jericho (former ROH World Champion)
CM Punk (former ROH World Champion)
Doug Williams (former ROH World Champion)
Elijah Burke(former ROH Tag Champion)
RHINO (former ROH TV Champion)
Samoa Joe (Current ROH World Champion)

My main storyline from the past year is Rhino's slow push to the title, he has beaten most people on the roster and won his number one contendership status. But got injured (legitimate) before his build up to his title match against Joe later that month. When he came back, I had him turn Heel stating that playing by the rules and going down the official channels to earn the ROH Champion hasn't worked so he's going to take matters? Then went on to destroy the under card and has just begun showing up in the middle of Zero G matches, I'm gonna slowly have him take the Zero G belt and declare himself the true ROH world champion.

And a small christmas present to the ROH fans in my game...

Last edited by steesh07 : 11-10-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Unread 11-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Minor League

Started a game as PGHW, and just ran the Elite Series. And i may have killed PPV. Because as NJPW did, I ran the entire series on PPV. 7 PPVs in a row. Huge financial gain. But the buyrates definitely took a hit, with the Night of Pride feeling the brunt of it.

Meh, keep on truckin.
Unread 11-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Phenom

Playing a 2012 TNA game as Paul Heyman. I'm three months in.

--Xplosion is now a women-only show (plus Eric Young), and the Knockouts are putting on solid match grades. Maryse Ouellet is feuding with Bri Garcia at the moment, and Xplosion Commissioner Eric Bischoff is having a hard time keeping the Mickie James/Gail Kim war under control.

--The World Championship feud is currently Bobby Roode vs. Mr. Anderson, but James Storm has just jammed himself in by hitting Roode over the back of the head with a beer bottle to give Anderson the win in a tag team match.

--Fortune (Kurt Angle and AJ Styles) are feuding with Bad Influence (Daniels and Kazarian). I plan to have Daniels and Kaz take the belts fairly soon, move Angle into a feud with Harry Smith, and give BI a good long run with the belts.

--"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero has declared that the only way to prove once and for all that "Pope is pimpin'" is by retiring "The Icon" Sting. The two have conducted several wars already and will face off in a Six Sides of Steel match at Slammiversary. On the line? Sting's career and a contract extension for Dinero. (Needless to say, Dinero will win and Sting will become an authority figure.)

--Samoa Joe has a new manager and a new attitude. Paul Heyman has joined the corner of the "Samoan Submission Machine" and convinced him to get his badass mojo back. Joe has already grabbed the X-Division Championship from Austin Aries and shows no signs of relinquishing it any time soon, even though "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan is gunning for the belt.

--Jasper Wyatt (WWE's Bray) debuted along with his acolytes Luke and Paul Harper (Brodie Lee/Luke Harper and DOC/Luke Gallows) and has said that the first man on his list of souls to steal is the legendary Hulk Hogan.

--Other major feuds: Bully Ray vs. Jeff Hardy; "The Gold Standard" Shelton Benjamin vs. "Twisted Perfect" John Morrison; Big Shad vs. Rob Van Dam; Devon vs. Gunner vs. Kevin Steen; "The Anti-Diva" Paige Knight vs. Velvet Sky; Nikki Garcia vs. Brandi Reed; Bobby Lashley vs. Knux

Only problem I'm having is that I'm not sure what to do with AJ Styles once Fortune drop the belts. Any thoughts?
Unread 11-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Major League

Send Styles after Dinero after he beats Sting.
Unread 11-11-2014, 11:34 PM
Low Minors

Playing as ILL in Mexico, using the ThunderVerse. Currently in Week 1 December '14.

Marchena Jr formed La Capital stable, along with Senor Millonario, Green Doctor Jr, El Icono and Anarquia, who just turned on his tag partner last PPV.

A few new workers with evil/dark gimmicks have joined and formed a group of acolytes trying to get Luzbel to become their leader and form an unstoppable force. They'll try to go after Prodigio and Prodigio II as a "sacrifice" to Luzbel.

Luzbel will get a major push next year as some sort of Prince of Darkness gimmick with his stable of over the top evil goons. I hired his sister to use her as manager and part of the women's division, but she just died at 25. She was doing great in the women's division. I'm running a tribute show soon.

El Hijo del Sultan has renewed his feud with Marchena Jr. Sultan won the title from Marchena at the big end of season PPV, but Green Doctor Jr cashed his MITB-style prize and is now the champion. Sultan and Green Doc feuded, but they lacked chemistry so I had to cut it short. Now Marchena Jr. is still adamant to prove every man has his price, even Sultan.

I needed another major babyface after Green Doc turned, so I had to hire Incognito. He's a pain backstage, but brilliant in the ring. He feuded with Luzbel, had two great matches, but now has moved on to feud with Green Doc for the title.

Oscar Cult joined with Circus of Death. He and Lovina Hearne, a young Polish worker with a Fortune Teller gimmick star in the OCult show. Cult has been trying to get Cyco Clown to ditch his stable, but his real plan is to get Luzbel on his side. Circus of Death regained the Trios belt and is now between feuds while I try to decide what to do with Cyco.

Also brought in White Panther. The plan is a feud between him and Tabu, who has left El Patron and wants to collect White Panther's mask.

So far, Senor Millonario has gained the most popularity since I took over. He's an UM now, holding the Tag Team title. That wasn't planned. Too bad he's got bad chemistry with the top guys he's faced or teamed up with.

The most over are Green Doctor Jr, Incognito and Luzbel. Next up is a trios tournament in December, and the anniversary-themed PPV in January.

Love the ThunderVerse. Finally a game I could really get into.
Unread 11-12-2014, 12:34 AM
Phenom

So I need some advice. My WCW 2001 game has been going awesomely--I have a ton of storylines I'm loving (including "The Redemption of Kevin Nash"--more on that if anyone's interested--it's a storyline I'm really proud of), my upper card has been stable and I'm building for the future while booking consistent B+/A shows that are reasonable for the time period and the company's style (the booking team is Heyman, Eric Bischoff and Dusty Rhodes).

Booker T beat Rick and Scott Steiner in a triple threat match at Living Hell, my most recent PPV, when Rick turned face on Scott, grabbed a chair that "Big Poppa Pump" planned to use on the champ, and hit him with it. The Steiners are feuding now and I plan to have them face off in a Hell in a Cell match at Starrcade. The problem is that Booker got hurt in the match--he picked up neck nerve damage, and though he can wrestle, I got the note in his first match since the injury that it "took a major toll on his performance" and Terry Taylor angry at me for having an injured worker wrestle.

The issue is that Booker is my most over worker (Kanyon is fourth behind Scott Steiner and Ric Flair) and a phenomenal champion but the damage will last a year. I don't want to take the title off him on free TV, but his most recent match scored two grades lower than I thought it would. I'd been planning for Booker to lose the belt to Kanyon at Starrcade, but it's only October. I can't deal with B- main events for three months--any suggestions?
Unread 11-12-2014, 01:01 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4lru5 View Post
So I need some advice. My WCW 2001 game has been going awesomely--I have a ton of storylines I'm loving (including "The Redemption of Kevin Nash"--more on that if anyone's interested--it's a storyline I'm really proud of)
Yes please.

And in regards to Booker T, you have to take the title off him. The beauty of this game is that you have to roll with the punches, play what's in front of you. Have him lose it in a triple threat match where he's not even pinned, then have an angle where he gets beaten down by the champion with a weapon, and now you have your injury on TV for people to buy. Then when he's ready to wrestle again, have him start up a feud with the bloke who injured him. Nice and simple.

But yeah, let's hear about the Nash storyline now, please.
Unread 11-12-2014, 01:45 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nickman View Post
Yes please.

And in regards to Booker T, you have to take the title off him. The beauty of this game is that you have to roll with the punches, play what's in front of you. Have him lose it in a triple threat match where he's not even pinned, then have an angle where he gets beaten down by the champion with a weapon, and now you have your injury on TV for people to buy. Then when he's ready to wrestle again, have him start up a feud with the bloke who injured him. Nice and simple.

But yeah, let's hear about the Nash storyline now, please.
Warning: long post incoming.

As for the Booker T thing, I know. The Kanyon Era will just start a little earlier than I'd expected. Now all I need to do is figure out how to transition Kanyon into a feud with Goldberg over the belt (Goldberg has been feuding with Brock Lesnar, but that's easy to end).

Now, as to Nash. In May and June of 2001, Kevin Nash was nowhere to be seen (I gave him two months off at the start--he was kayfabe suspended for all his previous heel antics). At the same time, Jeff Jarrett was terrorizing the upper midcard by cheating (he won 11 consecutive matches without a clean pinfall), beating down GM Paul Heyman when he didn't get his way and generally making a nuisance of himself. Nash came out on the first Nitro of July and opened the show. Heyman gave him a mic and Nash apologized. In the new, heavily kayfabed WCW, the promo was shocking. He said he was sorry for his role in WCW's demise, for having been a backstage cancer, for hurting the promotion while he was the head booker. He said he understood that he could never be totally forgiven but that he wanted to redeem himself in the eyes of the fans. He explained that he did all that bad stuff because he thought that was the only way to make it in wrestling, but now he could see how wrong he had been. He asked Heyman to reinstate him and declared that he would devote the rest of his career to convincing young workers to not make the same mistakes he did. By the end, he had tears in his eyes. It was a nearly 10-minute unscripted promo (in my game's head-canon, even Heyman didn't know what he was going to say), and the audience, who two months before had been so tired of Nash that they never wanted to see him again were hanging on his every word.

He would be seen backstage showing moves to younger workers and, pointedly, trying to get Jarrett to listen to him. In spite of his new alignment, it was easy to see that most of the WCW backstage didn't quite trust him--until he proved his mettle. Every match Nash fought in from then on (11 over the course of July, August and September) featured some spot where he had previously done heel antics. Nash resisted the temptation. He lost 7 of the 11 matches (5 against Jarrett, mainly in Nitro main event tag matches), but he fought fair.

No matter what he did, though, Nash couldn't overcome Jeff Jarrett's cheating ways. "The Chosen One" refused to listen when Nash implored him to approach the business with a positive attitude, and every time they collided in the ring, Nash would be winning until Jarrett cheated and stole a victory. At Living Hell in September, Nash finally got Jarrett one-on-one and lost again when Jarrett's new manager Torrie interfered. Paul Heyman has granted him one last match with Jarrett at November's Mayhem, inside the Six Sides of Steel to avoid interference.

It's strange for many to see Kevin Nash as the #3 face in WCW, but it's a role he's growing into every week. He's promised to devote the rest of his career to this new quest, so it's something they should get used to. Even if he can't convince Jeff Jarrett.