Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-23-2019, 11:41 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Jim View Post
Will it take potential into account?
Yes, that would be contextual information and thus counted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Jim View Post
Can it bring a retired wrestler back to their prime?
Yes.
Unread 05-23-2019, 11:51 AM
All Star

The 'Contracts' part of the database makes things a lot easier for those of us who like to go through a roster and make changes before starting a game. Beforehand you'd have to alter things, start a game and realize there were errors preventing the game from starting because you set someone to have a written deal while they had PPA deals elsewhere and you didn't realize it. Or deleted a contract but they still had a manager set. Random things that would prevent you from starting because you didn't go to the multiple screens before you started.
Unread 05-23-2019, 12:21 PM
Minor League

I’m really loving all of this database editing stuff!
Unread 05-24-2019, 07:50 PM
Minor League

Will we finally have tweeners in the game. Some characters could certainly use that definition, such as Bryan Vessey.
Unread 05-25-2019, 01:43 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
That will be covered when we move into Phase II in a few weeks.
Excellent news, thanks
Unread 05-25-2019, 05:17 AM
Phenom

Love the new "luchas de apuestas" feature.
Fingers crossed that we'll also get a feature that'll tell us at the outset of feud whether someone might be willing to drop their mask. Nothing worse than building up a feud to a "lucha de apuesta" and finding out the guy isn't likely to drop his mask. The way it is now, it is really hard to plan a feud that culminates in a lucha de apuesta.
Unread 05-25-2019, 10:18 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchador Canadiense View Post
Fingers crossed that we'll also get a feature that'll tell us at the outset of feud whether someone might be willing to drop their mask. Nothing worse than building up a feud to a "lucha de apuesta" and finding out the guy isn't likely to drop his mask. The way it is now, it is really hard to plan a feud that culminates in a lucha de apuesta.
Right now I think a person losing their mask or hair is based on their conservative/liberal bar in their personality settings. If they're liberal, they'll be willing to lose their hair/mask, but they won't want to lose it if they're conservative.

I'm just basing that on a guess, which is based on the way people are willing to do more extreme matches if they're liberal, but only traditional matches if they're conservative.
Unread 05-25-2019, 11:59 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchador Canadiense View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven James View Post
Right now I think a person losing their mask or hair is based on their conservative/liberal bar in their personality settings. If they're liberal, they'll be willing to lose their hair/mask, but they won't want to lose it if they're conservative.

I'm just basing that on a guess, which is based on the way people are willing to do more extreme matches if they're liberal, but only traditional matches if they're conservative.
I'm pretty sure the conservative/liberal slider has to do with whether a worker will accept working for a heavily risque promotion and do gimmicks/matches/angles with high risk content. From my understanding, it has more to do with a worker's age and the mask's ownership/prestige. Older workers winding down their career (especially in decline) should be more willing to lose their masks. Likewise, a company-specific and/or low prestige mask should be easier to sacrifice than a privately-owned, high prestige mask. Still, even now you can test the waters before building up the feud: book a match, order the worker to lose their mask and see how they react. If they object, cancel the feud and if they don't, remove the "loses mask" note (or the entire match) and start the storyline.

On that note, Adam has already announced that personality sliders will be replaced with 'trait tags' like the ones in WMMA5 and players will have the option of talking to a worker, so I'm hoping with TEW2020 it will be easier to tell if a worker is willing to lose their mask sooner rather than later.
Unread 05-28-2019, 05:19 AM

Really like the pre-booking feature. Will play with that on all the time.

Some people are going to complain about it without fully reading - remember folks, it's optional.
Unread 05-28-2019, 05:44 AM
Minor League

Today's feature is a big one for me, and I believe a lot of people. It's something I'll be using all the time!
Unread 05-28-2019, 05:57 AM
All Star

Today's feature is a huge bonus in my eyes and much needed. It pleases those who can turn it off and those of us who like as much realism as possible.

I would however have preferred if the Pre-Booking feature allowed a minor boost. As it stands, its better than nothing, but encouraging over booking a show for a small boost would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
Pre booking does not increase attendances, it can only reduce them - this is because the attendance is already based on the assumption that you're providing the best quality card you can and so it's at its maximum by default.

Can we not assume that we would put on a 90% card? so there is a minor overbook. OR!!! in the case of WWE... Assume that the show is awful, so any pre booking that isnt changed while live on air is a bonus

Along with the Rating wars, Mass booking shows... im really looking forward to TEW 2020. Im really noticing these features missing from TEW 2016 more and more each day
Unread 05-28-2019, 06:03 AM

I like that you are bringing it back, and making it optional for those that don't like it, but I fail to see why you wouldn't give a boost for pre-booking big matches or angles, because in reality that would entice a rating/attendance boost... Moreover, pre-booking a debut could also give a bigger boost than just the "drawing power" of the participant (or backfire).
Unread 05-28-2019, 06:09 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by what7 View Post
I like that you are bringing it back, and making it optional for those that don't like it, but I fail to see why you wouldn't give a boost for pre-booking big matches or angles, because in reality that would entice a rating/attendance boost... Moreover, pre-booking a debut could also give a bigger boost than just the "drawing power" of the participant (or backfire).
To play devils advocate, if those workers are on the roster, it’s expected for them to be on the show. I do wish there was a WMMA type draw feature tho. That will sometimes force you to main event certain guys if you market the show or event as a highly important one.

I think the easiest way to implement it will be to allow story line heat to directly boost attendance if it doesn’t already does so.

Surprise guess and debuts are already accounted for if they are on the roster.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan : 05-28-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Unread 05-28-2019, 06:15 AM

Todayís entry is a big plus for me as well and I will definitely be using this feature.

I would also echo the previous post however in that I also would have preferred if the pre booking feature offered a small boost when used successfully to give a further incentive other than realism for using it.

I also have a quick question - If we play with this feature on will the AI then also be pre booking or will it still be booking the other way.
Unread 05-28-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
To play devils advocate, if those workers are on the roster, itís expected for them to be on the show. I do wish there was a WMMA type draw feature tho. That will sometimes force you to main event certain guys.

I think the easiest way to implement it will be to allow story line heat to directly boost attendance if it doesnít already does so.

Surprise guess and debuts are already accounted for if they are on the roster.

To be on the show yes but just being expected to be on the show is different from being booked in a specific match. Being on the show could very well just end up wrestling in a squash match or if itís the WWE being put in a nonsensical angle.

As a very basic example Ė There are two shows that you have an option to attend and Steve Austin and Rock are both on the roster for both shows.

The first show has no matches booked and the second show has Rock v Steve Austin Booked in a match.

I pretty sure anyone with that choice is going to the second show.