Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-25-2019, 08:07 AM
Low Minors

Default What do you do playing TEW that you think no one else does?

Just quirky ways you play the game or things you always do you think no one else does.

Iíll start I offer contracts with no added perks at all. If someone wants creative control or whatever itís a no. If they donít want to work B shows then Iíd rather give them more cash to do what ever I want.

Also Iím 34 years of age, but when Iím on the toilet Iíll carry out pretend interviews in my head as my user character. Sad I know!
Unread 01-25-2019, 11:25 AM
All Star

I've been playing as smaller companies recently and have toyed with paying significantly higher downsides (2.5x the monthly written estimate) in exchange for loyalty, as a way of mimicking the modern "exclusive but work elsewhere" contracts ROH and MLW use.
Unread 01-25-2019, 11:32 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave E Mac View Post
Also Iím 34 years of age, but when Iím on the toilet Iíll carry out pretend interviews in my head as my user character. Sad I know!
If it makes you feel better I can only go to sleep by running my current storylines through my head and it helps to book at least one show before bedtime.
Unread 01-25-2019, 12:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hahahaha!! Well this got me!! You should really consider renaming this thread after that gem!!

Things I do playing TEW that I think no one else does... Well, I'm pretty sure other people do this, but for me, it's Spreadsheet City!! Especially when I book a diary!! I need to know who my Main Eventers are, and their popularity, and my tag teams. My Champions. Storylines. Everything. It's ALL information that's available within the game, but for some reason, I make a spreadsheet to track it
Unread 01-25-2019, 12:50 PM
Phenom

I use autopush almost religiously- I'll boost one or two guys at a time to Lower Midcarder and lock in staff where I want them, but otherwise the autopush's word is law, and I will almost never have an "upset" where a guy beats somebody higher up the card.
Unread 01-25-2019, 01:35 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lloyd View Post
Hahahaha!! Well this got me!! You should really consider renaming this thread after that gem!!

Things I do playing TEW that I think no one else does... Well, I'm pretty sure other people do this, but for me, it's Spreadsheet City!! Especially when I book a diary!! I need to know who my Main Eventers are, and their popularity, and my tag teams. My Champions. Storylines. Everything. It's ALL information that's available within the game, but for some reason, I make a spreadsheet to track it
Best part of the interviews in my head is Iím massively honest and willing to dish the dirt on everyone. Iíd be the best interview ever!

I love spreadsheets as well. I spent about 6 months making one for tew 16 that auto updated with conditional formating, it highlighted workers best category to have angles on etc. I would add in each wrestlers match rating to then get an average and show their most recent five matches to see who was improving. So I could get an idea whoíd get the job done in the ring. In the end it took over a bit too much. It was almost like a full in chest sheet so made playing pretty boring!
Unread 01-25-2019, 02:40 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Just quirky ways you play the game or things you always do you think no one else does.

Iíll start I offer contracts with no added perks at all. If someone wants creative control or whatever itís a no. If they donít want to work B shows then Iíd rather give them more cash to do what ever I want.

I wrote out a full promo for a big heel turn on my phone during one of wife's nieces 4th birthday party...

Not sure which one is sadder.
Unread 01-25-2019, 02:45 PM
Low Minors

Do TEW with my future wife and she helps me book some shows. She helps me make a real women's division. I can't book women to save my life.
Unread 01-25-2019, 03:36 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Best part of the interviews in my head is Iím massively honest and willing to dish the dirt on everyone. Iíd be the best interview ever!

I love spreadsheets as well. I spent about 6 months making one for tew 16 that auto updated with conditional formating, it highlighted workers best category to have angles on etc. I would add in each wrestlers match rating to then get an average and show their most recent five matches to see who was improving. So I could get an idea whoíd get the job done in the ring. In the end it took over a bit too much. It was almost like a full in chest sheet so made playing pretty boring!
Do you still have this spreadsheet? I'd love to see it.
Unread 01-25-2019, 03:47 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaLibby View Post
Do TEW with my future wife and she helps me book some shows. She helps me make a real women's division. I can't book women to save my life.
book them like men.

yw.
Unread 01-25-2019, 03:51 PM
Living Legend

6/7/8 man promos in post-show dark time to train workers' entertainment skills

Giving particularly poor workers development contracts because a) It's fun to see workers gain 7 or 8 points a month in several skills early on as they improve from awful to mediocre b) After several months they improve the average worker quality in the free agent pool c) It might just unearth a hidden gem, and d) I feel sorry for them
Unread 01-25-2019, 03:52 PM
Phenom

I've never used an existing promotion, I always create my own. Almost always as a local, but sometimes as cult.
Unread 01-25-2019, 04:09 PM
Rookie

I try to imagine the type of fanfic that my fanbase would write

In other words, I write fanfic of my own show, despite the show already being essentially fanfic.
Unread 01-25-2019, 04:20 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone Rivendale View Post
I've never used an existing promotion, I always create my own. Almost always as a local, but sometimes as cult.
On rare occasion I'll use a real promotion to use some workers I like, but mostly this is me.

Also as soon as the game comes out, I'll usually create a custom database with no contracts so that I can go in and sign whoever I want when I start.

Last edited by Rayelek : 01-25-2019 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Added More
Unread 01-25-2019, 04:47 PM
Phenom

I have no stories or plans; I just throw together shows with ad hoc matches.

I have no interest in the fantasy booking side, I just want to see workers and the company grow.