Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-14-2019, 07:01 AM

Default How to download or unzip patch?

hi everyone recently bought tew 2016 but not great with computer tech stuff. having trouble downloading and unzipping new patch into my game. any help appreciated
Unread 04-14-2019, 07:39 AM
Rookie

Go to tech support under TEW 2016 on the forums. It's where the Mods and Suggestions and dynasty pages are at...

There will be a sticky note that has the latest patch. Its from November 2018 I believe. All you do is click on the retail version of the patch and itll automatically download to your pc.

Once downloaded go into your files and locate the zipped file, right click said zip file and click extract.

Once extracted open said file, inside you will see the update, it has the same avatar as the regular game launcher.

Right click and copy it. Then go into the files where the game is located (reminder make sure you go into the program files x86 if you are running windows 10.) Go into the GDS folder and go to where the TEW 2016 avatar to launch the game is. The right click and paste.

Itll ask for a prompt on if you want to replace file in destination, click yes, and boom you are done.
Unread 04-16-2019, 12:25 PM

hi thanks for reply bud. still not working for me its saying licence not found or something like that. so frustrating as I really want to play this game but with latest patch
Unread 04-16-2019, 12:38 PM
GDS Developer

If it's telling you the license isn't found it means you are trying to run the patch from the wrong location. It is not an installer like you used originally, it is a direct patch that you use to replace your existing TEW2016.exe.

Once you've downloaded and unzipped the patch you should have a file called TEW2016.exe on your desktop (or wherever you unzipped it to). Right-click on it and select Cut. Then navigate to your TEW2016 folder, right click inside it, and select Paste. If you have done it correctly, it will ask if you want to replace the existing file. Select Yes.

Note that the game must be closed when you are doing all this.