Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Super Star

Default KANZEN PRO: I'll Show You Lucha!

Hmmm, a flip here.... a senton there.... Evil cackle.... aaaaaaaand SCENE!!!

Oh, sorry, I didn't see you there. My name is Atlantis.... Jr. I am the booker of a... let's say unique company called Kanzen Pro. You probably don't want to hear the history of the promotion but right now.... Wait, you... you do want to hear the history of the promotion? Wow, um, you must be a hardcore fan.
Well I guess it all started with two grumpy men on a windy night in Mexico City....

I was in bed when, let's say an old friend called me in the middle of the night. It was Spanish Superfly, calling me at 10pm on a Friday, where else would you but in bed. There was a conversation about me wearing my mask in bed but that's irrelevant... in fact I don't even see why I mentioned it....
Anyway, so Superfly wanted to meet up with me. So the next day, that's what we did. To be honest, I can't remember much after we talked about MPWF, then I was brought back to consciousness by him talking about opening a wrestling company.

"Yeah, go for it. Sounds like fun."

"Great so you're in?"

"What?"

Basically, I was his first call to be booker. Thing is, Supe and I, we have very different opinions on wrestling.

"So, bright colours, colourful characters, masks, all that stuff, yeah?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Colourful characters?"

"Yeah, traditional Lucha, 'Lantis. That's our product."

I always hated that nickname... Anyway, I love Lucha and all, but I'm more into realism, nasty holds, stiff strikes, graceful dives, that kinda stuff.

"Look Supe, I have no interest in booking that product, if you wanna go and waste your money on this, go ahead, but I'm not going to be involved"

"You signed the contract, 'Lantis. You're already in the deep end of this"

Conniving son of a..... Well, there you have it, I was locked in, padlock on the door, key thrown to the depths of hell and I was booking a promotion I had no interest or know how to do so. However, the conversation ended a little more... let's say bitter.

"So, Traditional Lucha... Right?"

"Yeah Traditional Lucha."

"Great, I'll see you tomorrow for the roster. Our Traditional Lucha promotion is about to take off"

This is when Supe left. I grumbled to myself.

"You want Lucha, Oh I'll show you Lucha!"

KANZEN PRO: I'll Show You Lucha!
Unread 10-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Rookie

Good opening, I admit before you had me intrigued, but now, you have my attention, so go get them tiger
Unread 10-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Super Star

So that all continued the next day. Thing is Supe was, well, there no toher way to say it but tight with money. I expected maybe 50 to 100k would be our budget. He had been around for a long time and at the top of the business no less. However, I got 10k to work with, that is extremely tight to try and make a show out of. I thought Supe would then be cautious with said money I was going to be handed a roster and be told to make magic with it. However, Supe decided to be reasonable and let us pick six workers each. Seemed like a reasonable idea, so this is who we got.

El Hijo del Fantasma
Push: Main Event
Disposition: Rudo
Superflyís first pick, I didnít expect him to pick a guy so young. He says he has all the tools to be the best in the company, I donít know about that and although Iíd be annoyed with a pick like this usually, from what I saw back in MPWF, he seems to be a decent talent, definitely something I can work with. Iím not too sure about him though so, Iíll have to test him out, but hey, itís not like he canít wrestleÖ right?

Mascara Roja Jr
Push:
Midcard
My first pick, Roja is a splendid athlete who has both technical and high flying abilities, perfect for the realistic type of lucha. Although I donít know how heíll fit in this product, I couldnít pass on a talent like Roja, and despite the lack of fit, Iíll find something for him to do, might even throw him in the ring with me, see how he gets on.

Chess Maniac
Push:
Main Event
Superflyís second pick and really somebody I have more problems with signing then I probably should. Look, Chess Maniac is a talent, no doubt but we donít have the money to be paying him almost a fifth of our entire budget to have him wrestle once? Extremely hard to even see how Iíd use him with the money Iíd have to pay him for his services, but Superfly thought that he and I would draw for the first show and we probably would but I ainít going to book him unless I know we can afford to.

Sabra Man Jr
Push:
Upper Midcard
Disposition: Tecnico
My second pick and another athlete who's tough as nails. Although he holds more of a technical side to his game, Sabra is no doubt a guy I can use. Where he goes from here who knows, but the more athletic guys I get in here, the better.

La Bestia Purpura
Push:
Upper Midcard
Superflyís third pick and I must commend Superfly for bringing in a talent like La Bestia Purpura. Look, I know Supe has brought him in cause of his gimmick but this is the protege of Manuel Prieto and that just shows me he has solid wrestling skill. Itís just everything else Iím not sure of. Itís a wait and see game with all of this roster, no doubt but I feel Purpura is one of the few that could go either way, as in be one of our biggest stars, or he may not be.

Pajaro Del Fuego
Push:
Midcard
Pick number three for me and legitimacy is key and I wanted that. You can clearly see in my first three picks thatís all Iíve gone for and Del Fuego is probably the one that fits that mold the best. Although he doesnít seem to be a great, he looks the part and I like that about him. Heíll get every opportunity to prove himself.

El Orgulloso
Push:
Upper Midcard
Fourth for Supe, and boy heís gone out into left field. This guy has hairÖ. Thatís about it. Or well, that's what I know about him. Not to say he canít break out and be a star, sure he can but I know nothing about him. He does have a decent look about him, heís in good shape. He certainly look like he has all the tools but what we donít know is what happens when he steps between them ropes.

El Ńguila Amarilla (El Hijo del Aguila)
Push:
Midcard
Fourth pick by me and I decided to get a project. This kid is just twenty four years of age with just three years experience. All and all heís seems like a nice starting point although he has a decent look, but you wouldnít say his physique wows you or anything. Certainly somebody Iíd like to trot out there on the first show.

El Bandido PŪcaro (Hijo del Vigilante)
Push:
Upper Midcard
Pick number five, and a rather weird one. Vigilante was in MPWF for six months and had one match. He looked pretty decent for his age, but Supe thought he was good enough to try out. This is a great opportunity for him, but I donít know how high I am on him, or how high he is in Supeís mind.

Green Diamond
Push:
Main Event
Number five pick on my side and I decided to get some ďname valueĒ to join myself and Maniac. Heís not quite as over, but people know him from his run with SOTBPW. Heís a bit green (both literally and characterally, that isnít a word, I know.) but has time to develop. Not quite sure where heíll fit in right now but Iíll just have to try out a few things.

Screamer
Push:
Lower Midcard
Ugh, pick six for Supe and itís a narrow minded one. All you gotta do is look at him and know why he got signed. No, not look at him wrestle, literally just look at him. My, thatís a mighty cool mask he has. I guess itís true people arenít wearing the Magik or Aprendiz Jr. masks anymore, hell even I changed my mask to a more modern look recently, but signing a guy just cause of his cool mask is a rather silly idea. I dunno, I prefer luchadors than a person in a mask.

Sunburst
Push:
Midcard
My last pick and really, Sunburst deserves better. A natural talent, Sunburst has everything I look for in a luchador. Heís a natural face, you canít help but like the guy but thatís the thing, heís too nice, too approachable. Now, of course, that can work too but I feel Sunburst is a guy people wonít take seriously regardless of the way you portray him, oh well, I couldnít pass on his talent and his fee was really low too, a bargain.

So, yeah. A bunch of misfits, but hey I never expected the next Champagne Lover, or Axxis Jr, or Soul Taker to just drop into our lap, ready to go. You gotta work at these things, and thatís where we looked towards our first show. Thing was both myself and Supe had vowed not to work for free until the company was in a better financial decision. I was extremely nervous before that as Supe and myself had contracts of 2k an appearance. However, I wouldn't say I wasn't nervous after this. I still was, who wouldnít but itíd be alrightÖ.. Wouldnít it?

Quote:
Show Predictions

Kanzen: Lucha New Year!!
Atlantis Jr. v La Bestia Purpura
El Hijo del Fantasma v Green Diamond
Pajaro Del Fuego v Sunburst
Unread 10-16-2017, 06:51 PM
Phenom

Saw this idea in the preview thread and just super excited to see what you do. You've got a huge fan right here. Love CV Lucha stuff as well.

La Bestia Purpura
Green Diamond
Pajaro Del Fuego
Unread 10-16-2017, 10:46 PM
Low Minors

Following you as always

La Bestia Purpura
El Hijo del Fantasma
Pajaro Del Fuego
Unread 10-16-2017, 11:39 PM
Living Legend

Atlantis Jr. v La Bestia Purpura
El Hijo del Fantasma v Green Diamond
Pajaro Del Fuego v Sunburst

Saw your words in the preview thread, excited to see the starting roster. If you expand to non-lucha characters to diversify a bit, I would recommend Martyr, if he can hack the product.
I shall be following this for sure, I need a new C-Verse diary to fall in love with and this is right up my alley.