Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-07-2019, 03:49 PM

Default Game won't launch

I recently had to get a new motherboard after my old one bit the dust. I got another motherboard from the same manufacturer as my old one (Gigabyte), so I was able to keep my Windows 10 installation, although I had to re-enter the product key to activate Windows.

Anyway, when I went to play TEW2016, no matter how many times I double-click on the game launcher app, the game doesn't come up. I can even right click, select "open as administrator" (which is what I thought I had it set to do by default), and my computer will ask me for manual confirmation that I want to run the game as administrator, but after that, nothing happens. The game still doesn't show up.

The process doesn't even appear in my task manager!

Any ideas on how to get this game to run?

If I uninstall and re-download this game, will my previous purchase code carry over? Bear in mind I've already used it to activate the game again when I first installed Windows 10, so I've already used it twice, and this time, it's on a different motherboard.
Unread 11-08-2019, 02:34 AM
GDS Developer

Uninstalling / reinstalling does not affect your license. To recap, your license and the game are two entirely separate things.

Regarding your issue, please see "When I try to load the game I get: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate application." OR I'm trying to run the game but it doesn't start, I just get an hourglass." in the pinned FAQ.
Unread 11-08-2019, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
Uninstalling / reinstalling does not affect your license. To recap, your license and the game are two entirely separate things.
I should point out that, while I was waiting for my new motherboard to arrive in the mail, I tried to download this game and play it on my laptop. But when I went to use my old license key, it said that it was invalid, leading me to believe I'm not allowed to have the same license on multiple computers.

This is why my change in motherboard is so concerning to me.

Quote:
Regarding your issue, please see "When I try to load the game I get: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate application." OR I'm trying to run the game but it doesn't start, I just get an hourglass." in the pinned FAQ.
Neither of those are my problem. Literally nothing happens at all.
Unread 11-08-2019, 04:58 AM

I downloaded the game and installed it to a different folder, while keeping my old installation intact.

When I went to install the license key for this game, I got this message:

https://i.postimg.cc/PqfK2dsn/A.png

What's even worse is that, when I go to the folder with my old installation in it, it also asks me for a license key! So by attempting a reinstall, I effectively lost my license altogether!
Unread 11-08-2019, 06:35 AM
GDS Developer

I'd highly recommend you read the Elicense FAQ as based on this and your previous posts you seem unsure of some key points of the licensing system - it would be really beneficial for you to have a good understanding of the basics. But to recap, yes, your license can only be active on one machine at a time and this is one of the fundamental parts of the system.

Quote:
Neither of those are my problem. Literally nothing happens at all.
Yes, I understand that, but I would still like you to try the solution listed as it is the most likely method to fix your problem. The fact that it isn't appearing in Task Manager means that you are not getting past the licensing step (the bit that happens before the game launches to check that you are playing a legal copy); the solution listed is the #1 way of making sure that the licensing step does complete successfully. If that does not work then you would need to talk to Scott as this is a license-related problen.

With regard to your other, new license issue, you will need to contact Scott (I'd suggest trying the stuff from the previous paragraph first so that you would only need to send one e-mail, not two) and explain what has happened so that he can free up your license - I have no idea why your old license has now stopped working, installing a second copy on the same machine should have no effect whatsoever on your first copy.

To reiterate though, I cannot help you with license based problems, you must always contact Scott for help with those sort of things. I can only provide assistance for game-based issues.
Unread 11-08-2019, 08:57 AM

You mean the DEP settings? I tried that already. It may have gotten the game to launch, but I still need to give it a valid license key.

Last edited by stebbinsd : 11-08-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Unread 11-08-2019, 09:21 AM
GDS Developer

If the DEP change means that you can now get the game to launch then all you have left is the license key issue, which means you would need to contact Scott. His e-mail is listed in both FAQs.