Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-29-2016, 02:33 PM
Living Legend

Default The London-Verse (Release/Beta)

Placeholder Image

BETA RELEASE

Hello everyone and welcome to the London-Verse, a database named after one of the first true greats of professional wrestling, Jackie London. The London-Verse has been in the workings on and off for the past 5 years and finally (as I am sure most of you would agree) we find ourselves ready for the beta release of the data.

The London-Verse started out as a one person team back in 2011 (that being me) and would go on to be fortunate enough to have people such as MHero, Timber and MJStark, the latter of whom created all the wonderful title renders found in this mod, provide their assistance along the way.

And then there was one forum member in particular who goes by the name of Tiberious4. Tiberious4 proved to be such a massive hand in terms of not only ideas, but character suggestions, data tidying, title history work and backstory, a truly invaluable asset on the project. He was so helpful in fact that it felt only right to instate him as co-author of the database, a title he very much deserves.

It is important to note that this is the beta release and cannot be counted quite yet as Version 1.1. Work will still be going on behind the scenes as you guys and girls play with the data and let me and the rest of the team know how you are enjoying things, which brings me to the question, why is the data being released now? Well, the data consists of 33 companies all with fully complete rosters as well as a good starting sized free agency pool from which to pick. A lot of title histories have been added with work still to be finalised in this department. The gaming world begins in January 2015 with all regions playable except for Europe and there are plans for continual growth in the database already in place (Europe being the first target addition).

The reason that the beta stage is being released for public consumption is due to the fact that the sheer number of people who volunteered to test could not be accommodated as a sample size. However, as there was a clear interest in people getting their hands on the data near release, it made sense to put the data out for everybody to have fun with and raise bugs for correcting in this thread.

Feel free to post thoughts and comments as well as raising errors for fixing so these can be dealt with. I would love to know what plays out in everybody's game to see how things unfold.

The current worker count stands at 1527 and the links for both the data and the picture folder can be found here:

Data: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hq...ra/TEW2016.mdb
Pics: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ue...ondonverse.zip

Version 1.1 (Added 4 Playable Promotions in Europe) (13/01/2018)

Picture Pack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/q394xw...Verse_Pics.rar

Data: http://www.mediafire.com/file/p97o3v...Verse_Data.RAR

(A massive thank you to MHero for uploading the data - finger crossed it works)

I'm sure I will also have a lot more to say shortly but just wanted to say a massive thank you to everybody who helped out throughout the process who have been duly credited in the credits section of the database as well as this thread:

Creators: London & Tiberious4

A brand new fictional universe for TEW2016 that features a host of brand new promotions and workers to enjoy and promote as you see fit.

Credits: jhd1, MJStark, MHero, aja_nyc, kamchatka, Timber, sockpuppet and everybody that contributed characters for the Your Voice competition and the promotional contests along the way.

Donations Blurb

Hey all,

As a few people have mentioned to me as of late that they would like/be interested in donating I wanted to let you guys and gals know that I have set up a patreon page which can be found here:

https://www.patreon.com/scottbgaming

Please note the following excerpt from the page before considering donating:

Quote:
Hey there. No doubt you all know who I am and what I create (if not, how the heck did you stumble across me!?). I go by the name of London on the Greydog Software forums and have been creating character renders for their published games such as the World of Mixed Martial Arts series, Comic Book Hero: The Greatest Cape and the Total Extreme Wrestling series. Some of you may know me as ScottBGaming on Youtube or Twitch (I really must get back to that soon) or maybe simply as Scott. Either way I just wanted to say a big thank you for anybody who is kind enough to send a donation for the work I produce.

My only rule: Any work I create (even for the second tier) must be made available for everybody to use. A few people had mentioned to me that they would like to offer a donation/s for the character renders I have been producing and I thought why not create a method for people to do so.

Long term I hope to be able to increase my output of renders in general and any donations will no doubt go toward buying more materials to use for future character creating (it can be a vicious cycle).

Please note that in no way are donations obligatory, expected, nor am I putting any of my work behind a paywall.

For anybody that does donate, please let me know your username on the GDS forums so I can duly thank you.

Please also note that I ensured approval of the powers that be from Greydog before exploring this avenue fully.

Last edited by LoNdOn : 02-14-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Unread 06-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Living Legend

Hope you all enjoy! It's been a blast working on this over the many years with London.
Unread 06-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Minor League

Omg This Is The Best Day Ever
Unread 06-29-2016, 03:54 PM
Super Star

I've only noticed one small thing. It says in Christian Kimmick's bio that he is a less than positive influence due to his arrogance, but then it's telling me in Behaviour that he's usually a positive influence.
Unread 06-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootinie View Post
I've only noticed one small thing. It says in Christian Kimmick's bio that he is a less than positive influence due to his arrogance, but then it's telling me in Behaviour that he's usually a positive influence.
Good spot. Thank you. Added to log.
Unread 06-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Congratulations on getting this finished and released! It's been a long time coming, but I'm pleased to say I have tomorrow off, and so I'm firing up a save right now!!!!
Unread 06-30-2016, 03:43 PM
Super Star

You probably already know but Honor League Grappling's titles have no lineages.
Unread 06-30-2016, 03:52 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
You probably already know but Honor League Grappling's titles have no lineages.
Yes. Some of the title histories still need completing. It is a LOT of work.
Unread 06-30-2016, 04:41 PM
Super Star

Looking at UKWF: considering they are engaged, shouldn't Marcy Rogers be managing Nolan Knight? There's also something in the bio's where she turned on her brother James to help Nolan Knight beat him.
Unread 06-30-2016, 04:55 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Looking at UKWF: considering they are engaged, shouldn't Marcy Rogers be managing Nolan Knight? There's also something in the bio's where she turned on her brother James to help Nolan Knight beat him.
Yes she should. Added to the log.
Unread 06-30-2016, 06:00 PM
Low Minors

I don't know if it's meant to be in ESW the champions have all held the belts since 2010
Unread 09-14-2016, 03:52 AM
Minor League

I have never played the thunderverse before and I am going to start now. I have 1 question though. Were to I put the stables and the stable overlays?
Unread 09-14-2016, 03:58 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
I have never played the thunderverse before and I am going to start now. I have 1 question though. Were to I put the stables and the stable overlays?
Wrong thread, this is for the LondonVerse
Unread 09-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Low Minors

Here are the results for February 2016's PPV "To Hell We March"

I am happy with the grade of the PPV. I changed up some of the pairings for this PPV to give a little bit of a fresher feel as a number of the same matches seem to have taken place over the last few PPVs. For that I wanted a different challenger for Rich E. Platinum's World Title. As the PPV was named "To Hell We March" I thought Exodus would be a perfect choice and he won a triple threat match against Flawless and Christian on an episode of Monday Night Superstars to be the next challenger. Platinum won the match with a distraction from Big Ron and the pair continued the attack after the match until JC Grunge made the save. The wheels are spinning a little bit at the top of the card as I have planted the seeds of a big storyline for Rich E. Platinum that won't really spring into life for another month or two.

With Danny Washington interjecting himself into Lawrence Christian's business the last couple of months on behalf of Rich E. Platinum, Christian requested a match with Danny Washington at this PPV, managing to get a modicum of revenge by defeating him. Disappointingly, the pair don't have very good chemistry together.

Maxwell Rogers has been very vocal how great a champion he is and that he wants to be a fighting champion and that ruffled a number of feathers hence the fourway match at the PPV. With the point I made earlier about same matches each month it may be time for Rogers to move on from Adorn and have a new challenger to his title.

With Exodus otherwise engaged, Hulkenberg faced Lennox Fury and Oblivion took on an old foe in Bobby Justice. Thing's for St. Lazarus' camp are still far from rosy with Oblivion only winning with assistance from Hulkenberg and Hulkenberg himself losing to Lennox Fury. Lazarus has been feeling the strain hence his berating of Hulkenberg after the match. To make matters worse Patriarch, who Oblivion storyline injured is close to a return and is hunting down Oblivion. Patriarch is set to finish filming his movie in about a months time and will be a welcome return to the roster. His 100 rated popularity in USA & Canada will also be a huge boost.

Having beaten Mr. Flawless once Chocolate Daddy begged Mr. Flawless for another match to prove that he could do it again. Mr. Flawless didn't see the point as he had already beaten Daddy on a number of occasions but he relented and the two had this match at the PPV. This will be the last match between the two but where does Chocolate Daddy go from here, back to the tag team division or onto bigger and better things as a solo star?

My television contracts are set to expire soon but instead of renewing them I have been toying with the idea of creating my own network. With $80m in the bank the creation of a network would certainly be viable. I thought about creating a network in a USPW save but never pulled the trigger so I am not really sure of the benefits but it is something to think about.

Next month is "Road To Immortality" which will feature the six man elimination chamber type match to determine the challenger for the World Title at "Showcase of the Immortals."
Unread 09-26-2016, 04:36 PM
Low Minors

I have run the March PPV and here are the results of "Road to Immortality 2016"

Fantastic show and my new highest rated show playing TEW 2016.

The main storyline right now features Rich E. Platinum and Jewel. Over the last month or so there has been something wrong with Jewel (she has been in the woman's lockeroom with the other woman and run off to be sick and even fainted at ringside during one of Platinum's matches) with the couple having to field questions that Jewel may be pregnant. At this PPV, Jewel confirms the rumours, she is pregnant but drops the bombshell that Rich E. is not the father. When questioned backstage Platinum does not want to answer any questions on that subject as he has a title match to focus on. After his run in with Platinum and Money Inc. at the last PPV, JC Grunge is the challenger for the title at this PPV. Towards the end of the match, a visibly upset Jewel comes out to ringside which distracts Platinum long enough for Grunge to hit "the fall of man" but Platinum kicks out at 2 3/4, Jewel then gets on the ring apron which distracts Grunge and Platinum hits "The Paycheque" for the three count. The show goes off air with Platinum and Jewel arguing.
The backstory to this storyline was when playing TEW 2013 I downloaded a real world mod that had an angle called "Valet doesn't know parentage of child" which at the time I thought would be quite cool to use (I was thinking Stephanie & HHH as the couple) though the save didn't last long enough to use the angle, so at the start of this game I was looking at the roster and what I might do with people, turns, stables etc (I had early plans to turn Washington and Boardman which I did) and I thought Patriarch and Christian would probably always remain faces and that left Platinum and Flawless, to freshen things up how would I turn them if at all and then I remembered this angle and thought it would be a perfect way to turn Rich E. Platinum face, then in-game Platinum and Jewel divorced and it just seemed like destiny to use the storyline. Obviously the next step in the storyline is to reveal the actual father and what the consequences for him and Platinum are.

The next big fallout from the PPV is Lawrence Christian winning the six man chamber match and becoming the number one contender for the World title at "Showcase of the Immortals" in May. A number of the participants have had issues with each other over the course of the year which added some spice to the match and may lead to some new feuds going into "Showcase of the Immortals."

In a continuation of their conflicts Oblivion and Hulkenberg faced Exodus and Lennox Fury in a tag team match. The match ended in a no contest when Oblivion and Exodus choke slammed their partners mid way through the match. With no reaction at all the pair head up the ramp together the only sound is the maniacal laugh of Saint Lazarus. My thinking here was that after losing to Platinum last month and he was beaten by Big Ron in a qualification match to gain entry into this months six man chamber match, Saint Lazarus got in Exodus' ear and convinced him that rejoining him and Oblivion would return him to winning ways. Will the destructive combination of Saint's Demons lead the men back to former glories?

Philip Adorn defeated Maxwell Rogers in a qualification match to enter the six man chamber match. After the match Rogers continued attacking Adorn until Justin Roxdale made the save. Rogers then interfered in Roxdale's qualification match with Mr. Flawless costing him the match and entry into the chamber match. That setup the title match at this PPV and the pair have great chemistry hence the match rating and a continuing feud over the title in the coming months.

Marco Keylong's contract has come up for renewal during the course of this month but he does not want to renew his contract as he is extremely unhappy (feels isolated backstage - although he only has negative relationships with two people) and he will be leaving the company. In the meantime he will be jobbing before he leaves hence the defeat to Kyle Barker at the PPV.

I bit the bullet and started my own network. It is a commercial network, with coverage in every region. This PPV had 12m viewers on the network compared to 500,000 buys on PPV last month not quite sure how that works out financially but it did increase our popularity in 45 regions. So both television shows, our monthly shows and a CPWE show are all broadcast on the network.