Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Unread 09-04-2016, 06:10 AM
Lionhart's Avatar
Lionhart Lionhart is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: France
Posts: 126
Default

I don't know why I've never heard of this mod before.

I just downloaded it and it seems brilliant to me. It has exactly the same attract as the ThunderVerse with some characters largely inspired by real-life wrestlers, pictures with the same graphic style, very unique companies and so on.

But it's not surprising when you see some members of the T-Verse team on the credits.


Anyway, needless to say that as a big CHIKARA fan, I'll definitely give Luchasaurus X a try.
The roster is already packed with wacky characters, but there are so many good fits for this company on the independant scene that I'll definitely give it a child/sister company whenever possible.

While I still have to think about possible interesting storylines, I already have one on my mind involving the low/mid-card.

Clark Jordan-Wayne, the reluctant wrestler looking for a trainer will, at some point, be approached by Super Evil who offers him a solution to his problem : an ancient artifact that could give him enough strenght to face his opponents.
The artifact will soon transform Clark as "The Man Of Ore". However, you can't trust a man named Super Evil and the artifact will give him full control over Clark.
But, once again, Super Evil's plan will backfire when The Man Of Ore will recover its mind thanks to Murcielago Negro (Black Bat) with whom he'll eventually team as The Integrity League.

I'll also develop the Suddenberg/Predator storyline as a classic "nice guys vs super Heel stable" CHIKARA storyline.


I just have a question though, sorry if it has been asked, but does the Beta database will have an update before the full release ?
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Unread 09-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Mootinie's Avatar
Mootinie Mootinie is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: England
Posts: 1,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBoy View Post
Unfortunately chat on this thread has seemed to of died right done but I will continue to post updates and hope that people find it of interest as I am still really enjoying this mod.
Yeah I'm still really interested but I tend to burn myself out when I play saves, to the extent where I rarely play as any promotion twice in the same database. I'd rather wait for the full release before I do that, for obvious reasons haha.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Unread 09-09-2016, 10:19 AM
BlueBoy's Avatar
BlueBoy BlueBoy is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 105
Default

Here are the results for the final PPV of the year "Winter Brawl"



A really great way to finish the year, a PPV with three A* rated matches. The year ends with Rich E. Platinum winning the World Title thus ending Lawrence Christian's six month title reign. The match was won with the aid of Danny Washington. Over the year, Platinum has had the backup of Money Inc. but he has also had the support of a number of close allies, Derek Boardman, Richard Sutherland, Oblivion and Mr. Flawless, but with his alliance with Mr. Flawless breaking down, Platinum has become very pally with Danny Washington. I am sure that Lawrence Christian will be looking for a title rematch as well as gaining a measure of revenge on Danny Washington also.

After winning the right to face Hollywood Monroe for the Cruiserweight title last month, the match was held at this PPV with Hollywood winning the match. He is looking an unbeatable champion at this point having defeated a number of different challengers recently.

With Chocolate Daddy having his hands full with Mr. Flawless, Vanilla Thunder has scoured the wrestling world for a tag team partner to win back the tag titles stolen from PWF by The Millionaire's Club. Vanilla Thunder and his new partner challenged The Millionaire's Club at the PPV. That new partner is Cornbread Grits Jnr. and the team will be known as Packed With Added Flavour. Although they came up short on this occasion they seem to work extremely well as a team. On a side note Davey Dollar has picked up a herniated disc which he will be working through the pain for a year. The injury is seriously pampering his performances.

The rot continues to set in with Oblivion. Lennox Fury was extremely dominate in this match and Oblivion won with interference from Saint Lazarus. A completely disenchanted Oblivion then just walks back up the ramp after the match.

So that's the first year complete. I have heavily relied on Flawless, Christian and Platinum this year but they are such awesome workers. I hope to next year really push the likes of Roxdale, Adorn and Rogers, I don't know if they would get a World title reign but I hope to really push people like that. I have a couple of big storyline ideas for the upcoming year which could take the company in a different direction.

With the end of the year comes end of year awards:

Wrestler of the Year - Rich E. Platinum
Tag Team of the Year - Giant Sequoia & Monster
Young Wrestler of the Year - Makoto Masayoshi
Veteran Wrestler of the Year - Takashi Ogiwara
Female Wrestler of the Year - Linzie Adorn
Indie Wrestler of the Year - Fantasma
Company of the Year - AWF
Most Improved Company - CPWE
Match of the Year - Lawrence Christian Vs. Rich E. Platinum (Showdown 2015)
Card of the Year - AWF Showdown 2015
Manager of the Year - The Preacher
Announcer of the Year - Howard Oakland
Commentator of the Year - Daniel Harding
Referee of the Year - Alan Resley Snr.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Unread 09-10-2016, 01:33 PM
BlueBoy's Avatar
BlueBoy BlueBoy is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 105
Default

Following on from yesterday's end of year stuff, my top ten matches of the year. I think it's clear to see why Rich E. Platinum was wrestler of the year:

Reply With Quote
  #155  
Unread 09-12-2016, 08:02 AM
LoNdOn's Avatar
LoNdOn LoNdOn is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: House Of The Rising Sun
Posts: 4,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionhart View Post
I don't know why I've never heard of this mod before.

I just downloaded it and it seems brilliant to me. It has exactly the same attract as the ThunderVerse with some characters largely inspired by real-life wrestlers, pictures with the same graphic style, very unique companies and so on.

But it's not surprising when you see some members of the T-Verse team on the credits.


Anyway, needless to say that as a big CHIKARA fan, I'll definitely give Luchasaurus X a try.
The roster is already packed with wacky characters, but there are so many good fits for this company on the independant scene that I'll definitely give it a child/sister company whenever possible.

While I still have to think about possible interesting storylines, I already have one on my mind involving the low/mid-card.

Clark Jordan-Wayne, the reluctant wrestler looking for a trainer will, at some point, be approached by Super Evil who offers him a solution to his problem : an ancient artifact that could give him enough strenght to face his opponents.
The artifact will soon transform Clark as "The Man Of Ore". However, you can't trust a man named Super Evil and the artifact will give him full control over Clark.
But, once again, Super Evil's plan will backfire when The Man Of Ore will recover its mind thanks to Murcielago Negro (Black Bat) with whom he'll eventually team as The Integrity League.

I'll also develop the Suddenberg/Predator storyline as a classic "nice guys vs super Heel stable" CHIKARA storyline.


I just have a question though, sorry if it has been asked, but does the Beta database will have an update before the full release ?
Yes, I am currently adding to the data as I type this. Don't plan on stopping working on the data any time soon, so I am sure there will be many additions and updates along the way.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Unread 09-13-2016, 01:39 PM
BlueBoy's Avatar
BlueBoy BlueBoy is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 105
Default

First PPV on the new year "Explosion 2016"



A great PPV to start the year off with. After losing his World Title to Rich E. Platinum, Lawrence Christian invoked his rematch straight away and got a rematch at this PPV. Platinum again won the match with the aid of Danny Washington. The pair of Washington & Platinum have become as thick as thieves with Washington offering to take on one of the thorn's in Platinum's side in JC Grunge who he defeated with the aid of Platinum's bodyguard Big Ron. To return the favour Washington helped Platinum distract Lawrence Christian long enough to get the win. Will Lawrence Christian get another shot at the title and how will he neutralise the threat of Washington?

Philip Adorn has had the upper hand in their feud but Maxwell Rogers managed to get the win and the title at this PPV following in his father's footsteps decades earlier and this feud based on a historical feud by their fathers will continue.

Saint Lazarus has had a difficult month with his clients really trying to get in the head of Oblivion this month and get him to snap out of his funk and it had worked slightly with Oblivion beating Lennox Fury. Lazarus has been angry with Hulkenberg following his defeat to nemesis Exodus last month and had told him not to lose to him at this PPV so where will a defeat again this month leave Hulkenberg?

Having constantly stated that he is Flawless a defeat against Chocolate Daddy last month did not sit well with Flawless and he wanted to face Chocolate Daddy again this month to avenge that defeat. With a Flawless win where does that leave the feud between the two?

Joey Cash has been up to his old tricks again of spreading rumours backstage this time against Major Awesome. This dropped the backstage rating down to 61%. I took the drastic action of firing Major Awesome as he was also a bit of a pain in the arse backstage himself anyway. As he was also unhappy Sergeant Extreme asked for his release a week later so Armed Forces of Badass are no more. I do have a few younger face teams that I would like to use more anyway in The Williams Brothers, English Lions (Roger Barton & Jason Williams) and The Pitbulls (Lewis Elm & Mike Elwood) so it's not the end of the world losing AFOB.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Unread 09-14-2016, 04:52 AM
Azul Azul is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 325
Default

I have never played the thunderverse before and I am going to start now. I have 1 question though. Were to I put the stables and the stable overlays?
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Unread 09-14-2016, 04:58 AM
MJStark's Avatar
MJStark MJStark is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 4,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
I have never played the thunderverse before and I am going to start now. I have 1 question though. Were to I put the stables and the stable overlays?
Wrong thread, this is for the LondonVerse
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Unread 09-21-2016, 01:35 PM
BlueBoy's Avatar
BlueBoy BlueBoy is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 105
Default

Here are the results for February 2016's PPV "To Hell We March"



I am happy with the grade of the PPV. I changed up some of the pairings for this PPV to give a little bit of a fresher feel as a number of the same matches seem to have taken place over the last few PPVs. For that I wanted a different challenger for Rich E. Platinum's World Title. As the PPV was named "To Hell We March" I thought Exodus would be a perfect choice and he won a triple threat match against Flawless and Christian on an episode of Monday Night Superstars to be the next challenger. Platinum won the match with a distraction from Big Ron and the pair continued the attack after the match until JC Grunge made the save. The wheels are spinning a little bit at the top of the card as I have planted the seeds of a big storyline for Rich E. Platinum that won't really spring into life for another month or two.

With Danny Washington interjecting himself into Lawrence Christian's business the last couple of months on behalf of Rich E. Platinum, Christian requested a match with Danny Washington at this PPV, managing to get a modicum of revenge by defeating him. Disappointingly, the pair don't have very good chemistry together.

Maxwell Rogers has been very vocal how great a champion he is and that he wants to be a fighting champion and that ruffled a number of feathers hence the fourway match at the PPV. With the point I made earlier about same matches each month it may be time for Rogers to move on from Adorn and have a new challenger to his title.

With Exodus otherwise engaged, Hulkenberg faced Lennox Fury and Oblivion took on an old foe in Bobby Justice. Thing's for St. Lazarus' camp are still far from rosy with Oblivion only winning with assistance from Hulkenberg and Hulkenberg himself losing to Lennox Fury. Lazarus has been feeling the strain hence his berating of Hulkenberg after the match. To make matters worse Patriarch, who Oblivion storyline injured is close to a return and is hunting down Oblivion. Patriarch is set to finish filming his movie in about a months time and will be a welcome return to the roster. His 100 rated popularity in USA & Canada will also be a huge boost.

Having beaten Mr. Flawless once Chocolate Daddy begged Mr. Flawless for another match to prove that he could do it again. Mr. Flawless didn't see the point as he had already beaten Daddy on a number of occasions but he relented and the two had this match at the PPV. This will be the last match between the two but where does Chocolate Daddy go from here, back to the tag team division or onto bigger and better things as a solo star?

My television contracts are set to expire soon but instead of renewing them I have been toying with the idea of creating my own network. With $80m in the bank the creation of a network would certainly be viable. I thought about creating a network in a USPW save but never pulled the trigger so I am not really sure of the benefits but it is something to think about.

Next month is "Road To Immortality" which will feature the six man elimination chamber type match to determine the challenger for the World Title at "Showcase of the Immortals."
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Unread 09-26-2016, 05:36 PM
BlueBoy's Avatar
BlueBoy BlueBoy is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 105
Default

I have run the March PPV and here are the results of "Road to Immortality 2016"



Fantastic show and my new highest rated show playing TEW 2016.

The main storyline right now features Rich E. Platinum and Jewel. Over the last month or so there has been something wrong with Jewel (she has been in the woman's lockeroom with the other woman and run off to be sick and even fainted at ringside during one of Platinum's matches) with the couple having to field questions that Jewel may be pregnant. At this PPV, Jewel confirms the rumours, she is pregnant but drops the bombshell that Rich E. is not the father. When questioned backstage Platinum does not want to answer any questions on that subject as he has a title match to focus on. After his run in with Platinum and Money Inc. at the last PPV, JC Grunge is the challenger for the title at this PPV. Towards the end of the match, a visibly upset Jewel comes out to ringside which distracts Platinum long enough for Grunge to hit "the fall of man" but Platinum kicks out at 2 3/4, Jewel then gets on the ring apron which distracts Grunge and Platinum hits "The Paycheque" for the three count. The show goes off air with Platinum and Jewel arguing.
The backstory to this storyline was when playing TEW 2013 I downloaded a real world mod that had an angle called "Valet doesn't know parentage of child" which at the time I thought would be quite cool to use (I was thinking Stephanie & HHH as the couple) though the save didn't last long enough to use the angle, so at the start of this game I was looking at the roster and what I might do with people, turns, stables etc (I had early plans to turn Washington and Boardman which I did) and I thought Patriarch and Christian would probably always remain faces and that left Platinum and Flawless, to freshen things up how would I turn them if at all and then I remembered this angle and thought it would be a perfect way to turn Rich E. Platinum face, then in-game Platinum and Jewel divorced and it just seemed like destiny to use the storyline. Obviously the next step in the storyline is to reveal the actual father and what the consequences for him and Platinum are.

The next big fallout from the PPV is Lawrence Christian winning the six man chamber match and becoming the number one contender for the World title at "Showcase of the Immortals" in May. A number of the participants have had issues with each other over the course of the year which added some spice to the match and may lead to some new feuds going into "Showcase of the Immortals."

In a continuation of their conflicts Oblivion and Hulkenberg faced Exodus and Lennox Fury in a tag team match. The match ended in a no contest when Oblivion and Exodus choke slammed their partners mid way through the match. With no reaction at all the pair head up the ramp together the only sound is the maniacal laugh of Saint Lazarus. My thinking here was that after losing to Platinum last month and he was beaten by Big Ron in a qualification match to gain entry into this months six man chamber match, Saint Lazarus got in Exodus' ear and convinced him that rejoining him and Oblivion would return him to winning ways. Will the destructive combination of Saint's Demons lead the men back to former glories?

Philip Adorn defeated Maxwell Rogers in a qualification match to enter the six man chamber match. After the match Rogers continued attacking Adorn until Justin Roxdale made the save. Rogers then interfered in Roxdale's qualification match with Mr. Flawless costing him the match and entry into the chamber match. That setup the title match at this PPV and the pair have great chemistry hence the match rating and a continuing feud over the title in the coming months.

Marco Keylong's contract has come up for renewal during the course of this month but he does not want to renew his contract as he is extremely unhappy (feels isolated backstage - although he only has negative relationships with two people) and he will be leaving the company. In the meantime he will be jobbing before he leaves hence the defeat to Kyle Barker at the PPV.

I bit the bullet and started my own network. It is a commercial network, with coverage in every region. This PPV had 12m viewers on the network compared to 500,000 buys on PPV last month not quite sure how that works out financially but it did increase our popularity in 45 regions. So both television shows, our monthly shows and a CPWE show are all broadcast on the network.
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Unread 10-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Audiobank's Avatar
Audiobank Audiobank is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 172
Default

Shouldn't Eve and Kathy Afford have some form of experience as a team?
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Unread 10-03-2016, 12:12 PM
LoNdOn's Avatar
LoNdOn LoNdOn is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: House Of The Rising Sun
Posts: 4,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiobank View Post
Shouldn't Eve and Kathy Afford have some form of experience as a team?
Thanks for pointing that out. Amended for next release.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Unread 10-03-2016, 12:13 PM
LoNdOn's Avatar
LoNdOn LoNdOn is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: House Of The Rising Sun
Posts: 4,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBoy View Post
I have run the March PPV and here are the results of "Road to Immortality 2016"



Fantastic show and my new highest rated show playing TEW 2016.

The main storyline right now features Rich E. Platinum and Jewel. Over the last month or so there has been something wrong with Jewel (she has been in the woman's lockeroom with the other woman and run off to be sick and even fainted at ringside during one of Platinum's matches) with the couple having to field questions that Jewel may be pregnant. At this PPV, Jewel confirms the rumours, she is pregnant but drops the bombshell that Rich E. is not the father. When questioned backstage Platinum does not want to answer any questions on that subject as he has a title match to focus on. After his run in with Platinum and Money Inc. at the last PPV, JC Grunge is the challenger for the title at this PPV. Towards the end of the match, a visibly upset Jewel comes out to ringside which distracts Platinum long enough for Grunge to hit "the fall of man" but Platinum kicks out at 2 3/4, Jewel then gets on the ring apron which distracts Grunge and Platinum hits "The Paycheque" for the three count. The show goes off air with Platinum and Jewel arguing.
The backstory to this storyline was when playing TEW 2013 I downloaded a real world mod that had an angle called "Valet doesn't know parentage of child" which at the time I thought would be quite cool to use (I was thinking Stephanie & HHH as the couple) though the save didn't last long enough to use the angle, so at the start of this game I was looking at the roster and what I might do with people, turns, stables etc (I had early plans to turn Washington and Boardman which I did) and I thought Patriarch and Christian would probably always remain faces and that left Platinum and Flawless, to freshen things up how would I turn them if at all and then I remembered this angle and thought it would be a perfect way to turn Rich E. Platinum face, then in-game Platinum and Jewel divorced and it just seemed like destiny to use the storyline. Obviously the next step in the storyline is to reveal the actual father and what the consequences for him and Platinum are.

The next big fallout from the PPV is Lawrence Christian winning the six man chamber match and becoming the number one contender for the World title at "Showcase of the Immortals" in May. A number of the participants have had issues with each other over the course of the year which added some spice to the match and may lead to some new feuds going into "Showcase of the Immortals."

In a continuation of their conflicts Oblivion and Hulkenberg faced Exodus and Lennox Fury in a tag team match. The match ended in a no contest when Oblivion and Exodus choke slammed their partners mid way through the match. With no reaction at all the pair head up the ramp together the only sound is the maniacal laugh of Saint Lazarus. My thinking here was that after losing to Platinum last month and he was beaten by Big Ron in a qualification match to gain entry into this months six man chamber match, Saint Lazarus got in Exodus' ear and convinced him that rejoining him and Oblivion would return him to winning ways. Will the destructive combination of Saint's Demons lead the men back to former glories?

Philip Adorn defeated Maxwell Rogers in a qualification match to enter the six man chamber match. After the match Rogers continued attacking Adorn until Justin Roxdale made the save. Rogers then interfered in Roxdale's qualification match with Mr. Flawless costing him the match and entry into the chamber match. That setup the title match at this PPV and the pair have great chemistry hence the match rating and a continuing feud over the title in the coming months.

Marco Keylong's contract has come up for renewal during the course of this month but he does not want to renew his contract as he is extremely unhappy (feels isolated backstage - although he only has negative relationships with two people) and he will be leaving the company. In the meantime he will be jobbing before he leaves hence the defeat to Kyle Barker at the PPV.

I bit the bullet and started my own network. It is a commercial network, with coverage in every region. This PPV had 12m viewers on the network compared to 500,000 buys on PPV last month not quite sure how that works out financially but it did increase our popularity in 45 regions. So both television shows, our monthly shows and a CPWE show are all broadcast on the network.
Love reading these updates. I think this save would have made for a really interesting diary.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Unread 10-04-2016, 12:36 PM
BlueBoy's Avatar
BlueBoy BlueBoy is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNdOn View Post
Love reading these updates. I think this save would have made for a really interesting diary.
Thanks London, I really enjoy posting the updates as I'm having such fun with the game. Looking at other peoples diaries I don't think graphically or entertainment wise I could produce anything like the diaries others produce and I don't really have the time to regularly update, most of my spare time recently has been spent playing Fifa 17.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Unread 10-04-2016, 01:30 PM
BlueBoy's Avatar
BlueBoy BlueBoy is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 105
Default

With that being said, amongst all the Fifa playing I have managed to complete through April 2016 and here are the results of "Mind Games 2016"



Really pleased with the show. The last PPV left us with the cliffhanger of who was the father of Jewel's baby, which on the night after the PPV was revealed as Danny Washington. On planning the storyline my initial thought was having Mr. Flawless being the father so that I could have what would no doubt be an awesome feud between Flawless and Platinum, but then I thought it would be a great opportunity to push someone right up there with the top players in the main event. I considered Adorn and Roxdale but they aren't very good at portraying heels so I went with Danny Washington.
Jewel explained her side of the story, her and Platinum had been having problems, Platinum often pre-occupied with the title and running Money Inc. wanting to try and sort things out she was convinced by Cory Dex to try his love potion. Unfortunately, somehow the potion brought Jewel & Washington together. In what was only supposed to be a one off turned into an affair. Platinum flipped out trashing Cory Dex's lab and defeating him in a match. Washington and Platinum has several run ins over the month with Washington luring Platinum into a title match at this PPV with Platinum stipulating that Jewel be banned from ringside. Jewel did stay away from ringside but Big Ron turned on his longtime employer and helped Washington win the title. Platinum had been a bit of a tweener this month but he has turned full on face which opens up a lot of new scenarios and should be interesting to see how Washington does as champion.

In other storylines, Philip Adorn has been a little bit unhappy with things lately and feels that he needs a Showcase of the Immortals moment to really push his career, so he has challenged Mr. Flawless to a match at Showcase of the Immortals. Flawless had originally declined but over the course of the month agreed to the match at SOTI, with the tag match at this PPV being setup due to the issues between the four men.

Exodus and Oblivion have been destroying everyone lately. They attacked Cornbread Grits Jr. putting him out of action for a couple of weeks. After attacking them the Millionaire's Club looked for revenge and Saint Lazarus asked for a title match. The other people that Saint's Demons attacked wanted to get their hands on the Demons so the match became a four team match. As the beatdown continued after the match Patriarch made his return to the promotion running off Exodus and Oblivion.

It seems Marco Keylong was not keen on jobbing and asked for his early release after the last PPV. As he was not renewing his contract I let him out early. He has since signed with 2CW and ROF. I have since signed Adrian Gray who debuted at this PPV and VIP who will join up soon.

Showcase of the Immortals our biggest PPV of the year is next month. It should be a good PPV with a number of matches already set in stone (Christian/Washington, Adorn/Flawless) and a number of great matches planned.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Array [all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.