Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-11-2019, 01:17 PM
Living Legend

World Championship Wrestling presents: Saturday Night
Saturday, Week 1 January 1993
Your commentators: Jim Ross, Paul E. Dangerously and Tony Schiavone
Schiavone: It’s a new year, and our wrestlers have been making their resolutions. Everyone wants to win gold!

Starting with Dean Malenko, who followed in brother Joe’s footsteps in challenging Randy Savage for the Television title. The mat master – now reported to be up to 710 moves and counting – was able to slow Savage in the early going, but eventually fell to the Macho Elbow. (B)

Ric Flair and Arn Anderson were reviewing tapes of potential Horsemen. Of course, being Horsemen, they were being served champagne by a stunning French maid while they watched...

Marcus Bagwell had one more shot at vengeance against Owen Hart and Brian Pillman as he teamed with his mentor Ricky Steamboat in tag action on Saturday Night. Pillman seemed to feel that he had better things to be doing with his time, but came up with the victory as he rolled up Bagwell with a handful of trunks for the win. (B) Afterwards, the York Foundation were spotted backstage welcoming their new member, Robert Eaton, and laughing at Steamboat and Bagwell’s defeat.

Cactus Jack, with the Ultimate Warrior in his corner, clashed with the super heavyweight Mr Hughes, who had Harley Race in his corner. It’s hard to imagine two more different cornermen – but then Cactus and Hughes are hardly birds of a feather! The wildman from Truth or Consequences had to match guile and frenzy against the power and weight of the stoic, suited Hughes, and eventually was successful with the Double Arm DDT – after taking a beating! (B) Afterwards the One Percenters tried to get vengeance for the Kingdom but were backed down by Cactus and Warrior – which has earned the Harris twins a tag match next week!

Lance Storm seemed excited to have a match with Steve Austin following Tammy’s efforts to schmooze with Commissioner Ventura... although a little put out when he learned it wasn’t for the United States title. Still, he put everything he had into the match and even survived the first Stun Gun by the skin of his teeth to keep fighting. But even with Tammy in his corner he couldn’t keep Austin at bay, and eventually took a second Stun Gun as Austin continued to build momentum. (B-)

Austin: Savage, you keep your nose out of my business and I won’t have to show you what the Dangerous Alliance does with unwanted attention. And Shawn Michaels, you’re on my list, son, and you’d better pray you stay near the bottom. Right now, I’ve got bigger fish to fry, but the second I don’t, I’ll pay you back for Starrcade!

Scott Steiner demolished preliminary competitor Mike Rapada (C) before being confronted by Sting, who wanted to know what Steiner’s issue with him last week. Before he could get an answer, though, Rick Rude blindsided Sting and beat him to the ground! Rude walked off with Sting wracked with pain unable to stand, and Steiner laughing in the ring.

Dangerously: I love it when a plan comes together!

Bret Hart was having a fine match with new York Foundation member Robert Eaton, and even seemed to have the edge – but the arrival of the Computerised Man of the 90s caused the referee to call for the bell as the two Foundation members double-teamed Hart. (B-) The arrival of Sid Vicious caused them to make for the hills – but Hart was less than delighted to be saved, tearing a strip off Vicious for getting involved when Hart believed he had things under control! Vicious seemed to be restraining himself from attacking Hart after that, but Hart didn’t notice as he left the ring in high dudgeon.

The night’s main event saw Barry Windham clashing with Vinnie Vegas in the second match of their teams’ series. Windham was, for once, out reached and outweighed by his opponent, but the Texan has never been short of tenacity. Diamond Dallas Page tried to get involved on his client’s behalf but the referee caught DDP in the act, and as the official chewed him out, Windham scored with a punt between Vegas’ legs – a move that will even bring a giant down in the world! Windham was able to score the win after that, rolling Vegas up as the referee turned back to the action. (B+) That wasn’t the end of affairs, though; Enraged by the loss, Page summoned the Diamond Studd to the ring and the partners beat Windham down until Dustin Rhodes tried to make the save – but he ran into a two-on-one beating of his own, as Windham could do nothing to help his young partner!

Ross: Folks, we’ve got WCW security running to the ring again, but we’ll have to catch you up on the repercussions here as we’re out of time!

Show rating: B+

Vinnie Vegas pulled a tasteless rib backstage and brought down some heat on himself; It’s actually only Vegas’ second offence in 18 months, because we have the Kliq pretty well neutralised with all the good influences and positive relationships backstage. He gets a slap on the wrist and, while it makes his attitude worse, Diamond Studd, DDP and Sid Vicious are all happy afterwards. Diplomacy! ... Apparently bad attitudes are catching, though, as Barry Windham missed a pre-show meeting with a road agent. Windham’s also on his second strike, but this sort of thing is small beans compared to the hard drugs he got caught with last time, so a slap on the wrist it is – and his personality gets worse too, blast it ... But Diamond Studd was on song with some road stories, and helped ease the tension backstage

WCW Main Event
Dustin Rhodes vs. Diamond Dallas Page
Beat The Champ: Randy Savage (c) vs. Tim Horner – WCW Television Title
Steamboat & Bagwell vs. The Malenkos
Ultimate Warrior vs. Pat Rose
The Special Forces vs. The Diamond Studd and Shawn Michaels
Ric Flair vs. Al Snow
Unread 09-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Major League

Studd, Vegas or Michaels then I'd have probably gone for the heel, as it is though I don't think DDP is at their level

Savage is on a collision course with Steve Austin.....although I do have visions of Austin costing Savage the title one victory short of the cash in.....not to a Tim Horner though

Dean Malenko is only 290 moves any of 1000.....I'd wager Steamboat could teach him a few tonight

Fuel up the Rocket Ship, Pat Rose is going for a ride

Squishy Squashy.....easy win for the Diamonds, Rough and Studded

Ric Flair vs. Al Snow
I thought I was predicting on my own diary for a minute there Yeah, Al's not winning this one though.....was that a Fifi sighting on Saturday Night?
Unread 09-11-2019, 06:37 PM
All Star

Ric Flair vs. Al Snow
Unread 09-16-2019, 03:57 AM
Hall of Fame

Ric Flair vs. Al Snow

Concerning the new Horseman I would love a Big Man Small man combo of Mike Awesome and Jerry Lynn, the can later branch out on their own. I don't know why but I think their looks and skill levels fit the Horseman.
Unread 09-17-2019, 03:20 PM
Living Legend

World Championship Wrestling presents: Main Event
Sunday, Week 1 January 1993
Your commentators: Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff and Dusty Rhodes
In his fourth defence of the Television title, Randy Savage disposed of Tim Horner with the Macho Elbow. He’s getting closer to Steve Austin! (B)

Marcus Bagwell is sick of being the fall guy, and wants to start delivering on his potential. For a young talent with his looks, talent and Ricky Steamboat as a mentor, the sky may be the limit! Bagwell certainly impressed against the Malenkos, looking unstoppable at times as he tore into the brothers, before taking Joe down with a Fisherman’s Suplex for the win. (B-)

Ultimate Warrior ploughed through Pat Rose with a Running Splash. (C) He was succeeded in the ring by Scott Steiner who ignored suggestions that he was targeting Sting – or helping the Dangerous Alliance to do so.

Steiner: All that matters is that the attention is on me. All of World Championship Wrestling is talking about Scott Steiner – and soon that will be all the world!

As part of his warmup for Barry Windham next Saturday night, the Diamond Studd teamed with Shawn Michaels to take on the Special Forces. The Diamond Exchange pair were victorious, although Firebreaker Chip and Todd Champion held out for longer than might be expected, all things considered. (B)

Ric Flair let it be known that auditions for new Horsemen were open – and Al Snow was the first candidate! Snow worked hard in the match, and Flair seemed impressed at times, but the Nature Boy eventually locked on the Figure Four Leglock for the win. (B)

Dusty: I think Al Snow wanted to show he’s better than his match last week. No-one to walk out on him tonight!

In the night’s main event, Dustin Rhodes clashed with Diamond Dallas Page in a wild brawl. Page has been getting training from his Diamond Exchange colleagues, and is no stranger to the squared circle, but the Natural still seemed a little surprised at how well DDP held his own. And with the Diamond Exchange, of course, nothing is ever straightforward – the appearance of Vinnie Vegas distracted him and the referee, and Kimberly Page was on hand with the roll of silver dollars to give her husband the surprise victory! (B) Afterwards all the members of the Diamond Exchange seemed ready to jump Rhodes, but after last night Barry Windham was forewarned – and forearmed, as he raced to the ring with a pair of branding irons. The Texans managed to get some shots in on the four Diamond Exchange members, standing tall as their rivals retreated!

Schiavone: Folks, don’t you dare miss it when WCW is back on your screens this Saturday night!

Show rating: B

Pee Wee Anderson showed up late for the third time. He got a stern warning, and nothing came of it ... Ric Flair passed on psychology tips to his protégé El Tigre Blanco, for only about the second time. This hasn’t worked out as well as I’d hoped, which is probably down to Flair being a bit of a twerp back in the early 1990s ... Owen Hart and the Diamond Studd have struck up a strong friendship ... Shawn Michaels suffered a hip pointer in his match. He’s out for a few days, but will be back for Saturday Night

WCW Saturday Night
Barry Windham vs. Diamond Studd
Sting and Marcus Bagwell vs. The Calgary Connection
Ultimate Warrior and Cactus Jack vs. The One Percenters
Beat The Champ: Randy Savage (c) vs. Mr Hughes – WCW Television Title
Bret Hart vs. Joe Malenko
Arn Anderson vs. Sean Morley
Plus: Ric Flair addresses the WCW roster!
Unread 09-17-2019, 03:43 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by to4sty View Post
Ric Flair vs. Al Snow
I thought I was predicting on my own diary for a minute there Yeah, Al's not winning this one though.....was that a Fifi sighting on Saturday Night?
You can tell the difference because no one's got Head in my diary

It is Fifi, who joined Madusa and Missy Hyatt in the early 1990s as providing a contrast to the likes of Cactus Jack, Johnny B. Badd, the Nasty Boys and Evad Sullivan.

Sadly here Fifi has no chemistry with Flair as his manager, and I don't have time for him to get get divorced three times and married twice so they can get their act together. She may stick around to manage Arn, though - it would be a nice contrast for him to be the one with the ravishing companion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde Hill View Post
Ric Flair vs. Al Snow

Concerning the new Horseman I would love a Big Man Small man combo of Mike Awesome and Jerry Lynn, the can later branch out on their own. I don't know why but I think their looks and skill levels fit the Horseman.
I thought that Awesome at least would attract more interest from folks. He's set for a tryout, so we'll see if he impresses - maybe not as a Horseman, but how about joining Warrior and Cactus... or, for that matter, the Kingdom?
Unread 09-17-2019, 04:56 PM
Super Star

Man I really enjoyed the NWA/WCW 83-93, even during some tough times. Enjoy your diary a lot with the changes and twists. Too bad Fifi and Ric have no chemistry.

WCW Saturday Night
I’m kind of sensing s shift in the new year with some of the younger talent moving up

But not here. Maybe this is a story of Bagwell getting frustrated eventually turning heel

Maybe the strangest pairing ever, but they get the win

Unread 09-17-2019, 08:19 PM
All Star

Unread 09-17-2019, 08:23 PM
All Star

Mike Awesome should definitely join Warrior. The Gladiator and The Ultimate Warrior smacks of a 90s knockoff of the Road Warriors.
Unread 09-22-2019, 07:33 AM
Major League

New year, new generation? Time for the era of new stars to start making their names and a win for Studd over Bazza is a good start. Plus I still see Windham turning heel at some point so some frustrating losses would be a good starting point

Sting has literally JUST won the world title back after a long journey back to the top. He shouldn’t be losing here (even if it is Bagwell taking the fall) the only loss that I could see being acceptable would be a dq due to a frustrated Bagwell doing something desperate to get a win that backfires

Here are the true Ultimate Maniacs right here.....sorry One Percenters, love your name but you have no chance

I sound like a broken record here, but Savage ain’t losing till he cashes in.....unless Austin costs him

Bret needs to start doing something of worth now instead of being grouchy backstage in skits....Bret/Sting or Bret/Austin at Starrcade 93? Both would be great, but Bret needs to start his build now

No brainer
Unread 09-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Living Legend

World Championship Wrestling presents: Saturday Night
Saturday, Week 2 January 1993
Your commentators: Jim Ross, Paul E. Dangerously and Tony Schiavone
Ross: It’s the very best in professional wrestling today, thank you for joining us here on WCW Saturday Night!

The Macho Man had his fifth defence of his reign as Television champion against former champion Mr Hughes. The hulking Hughes had the clear advantage in strength over Savage, but the wily veteran used cheap shots and quick strikes to frustrate his opponent, luring him into lowering his defences before driving him into the mat with the Macho Elbow from the top rope for his fifth win! (B) As he celebrated his victory, and earning a title shot of his choice, Savage had a simple message for Steve Austin.

Savage: Superstar, I’ll see you real soon, yeah!

In a match pitting former Lethal Lottery teammates against one another, Bret Hart clashed with Joe Malenko. The two technicians largely fought on the mat, but the Hitman showed that he has some aerial chops to call on, including a second rope elbow drop that helped set up an eventual submission win – even if the appearance of Brian Pillman midway through the match distracted Hart! (B) Pillman departed after the bell – but left behind some ominous words.

Pillman: The Alliance hasn’t forgotten, Hitman. And your time has come!

The York Foundation have been on a roll of late and were in a celebratory mood... but the arrival of Sid Vicious killed the party spirit as he tried to get his hands on all four members of Alexanda York’s exclusive clientele. As big as Sid is, though, he’s still only one man – and while Robert Eaton and Richard Morton will wake up stiff and sore tomorrow after being throw into a wall, Terence Taylor escaped scot free with Robert Gibson, leaving Sid even more frustrated!

What do we think of Ultimate Warrior in an eyepatch? The Unstoppable Force was fighting through an eye injury – literally! – as he teamed with Cactus Jack to take part in a bruising battle with the One Percenters after the Kingdon’s interference at Starrcade. Even with limited vision, Warrior could see well enough to help Cactus overcome the biker twins, Cactus getting the win with a Double Arm DDT. (B)

Shawn Michaels claimed that he was watching the situation between Savage and Austin closely.

Michaels: Very closely – but from a safe distance, too. Maybe I’ll jump in, maybe I’ll watch with a cold one and a hot babe and wait for one to destroy the other. Who knows? Only me – and that’s the way I like it!

Sting had a favour to ask of Ricky Steamboat – as one World champion to another, he wanted Steamboat to team with him against the Calgary Connection. Steamboat was keen, but Marcus Bagwell was even keener.

Bagwell: I want to pull my weight around here – and more! And I want to get my hands on those two more than anything else right now!

Young Canadian Sean Morley fought Arn Anderson in the Enforcer’s first match since Starrcade, and it’s hard to imagine a more different opponent than Ric Flair – Morley is at the beginning of his career, young, strong and fast, while Flair is experienced and guileful, a skilled technician with a broad array of dirty tricks. Neither extreme seemed to phase Anderson, who emerged victorious here with a Figure Four – apparently the Nature Boy’s sharing with his best friend!

For his part, Flair was backstage and surrounded by some of WCW’s best and brightest as he laid out the benefits – and demands – of being a Horseman.

Flair: You walk tall, you drive fast and you fly high, and for all of that you need to be successful, because nothing else will do for the Horsemen! You want to be considered, you line up like the kid did tonight, and you show us what you’ve got! If you’re good enough, you’ll be in and we’ll teach you everything we can – and maybe even a few tricks we’ve never shared with anyone else!

Sounds good to us – and to a lot of members of the locker room, too! We expect to see a lot of potential recruits being tested over the coming weeks!

Marcus Bagwell had noble intentions, but you know what they say about those. The youngster was repeatedly outsmarted by Hart and Pillman as he and Sting faced off against the Dangerous Alliance duo. Pillman has his own reasons to want to get one over on Sting, of course, and we wonder if Sting may have regretted his choice of partner here. As it was, he was left watching as Pillman caught Bagwell with a System Crash, which was enough to give the Connection the win – and Sting another reminder that it’s tough at the top! (B)

And it’s not like he needed it, because Rick Rude is always on hand to deliver one of his own. As Sting tended to his fallen partner and glared daggers at the mocking Pillman, Rude slid into the ring and stalked the World champion. When Sting turned Rude feinted forward, Sting stepping back instinctively. Rude didn’t attack, but left Sting in the ring as he backed off, smirking at having caught him unawares...

In the third match of the series between the Diamond Mine and Rhodes & Windham, the Diamond Studd and Barry Windham tore into one another with the score at one a piece, and both men trying to demolish the other. Windham had less to lose, with this being his second match in the series, and that may have led to a moment of recklessness from the Sweetwater native who missed a diving clothesline from the top rope, crashing hard and leaving himself open for a Diamond Death Drop to give Studd the win. (B+) Of course, wherever Studd goes, Vinnie Vegas is never far behind and once more the Diamond Mine found themselves involved in a brawl with Windham and Dustin Rhodes as the younger Texan charged to his partner’s assistance! We know Commissioner Ventura loves this action, but we have to wonder if someone’s going to get seriously hurt as these four continue to throw everything at each other, week after week!

Show rating: A

Scott Steiner, and I quote, “brightened the backstage area simply by being so cheerful and fun to be around” ... Big Van Vader and Bret Hart have developed a strong friendship, which isn’t specifically related to Project Predemption, but helps maintain that 100% backstage ...

WCW Main Event
Dustin Rhodes vs. Shawn Michaels
Beat The Champ: Konnan vs. Robert Eaton – WCW Television Title
El Tigre Blanco and Rey Mysterio Jr vs. AJ Petrucci and Dennis Allen
Ric Flair vs. Steven Regal
Bret Hart vs. Dean Malenko
The Special Forces vs. The Stocks And Shares Express (c) – NWA World Tag Team Titles

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:31 PM
Living Legend

World Championship Wrestling presents: Main Event
Sunday, Week 2 January 1993
Your commentators: Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff and Dusty Rhodes
No-one could beat Randy Savage, and now the Macho Man has his sights set on the United States title! That left the Television title up for grabs here, as the vibrant Konnan clashed with the experienced – and nowadays more sharply attired – Robert Eaton. While the Latin American star had Eaton on the ropes, he couldn’t put him down, and the wily veteran was able to claim the Television title with an Alabama Jam! (C+) We suspect that Alexandra York has an eye on a name change for the devastating legdrop, but it did the job here! Still, Eaton’s reign may be short, as his alliance with the York Foundation has apparently brought him to Sid Vicious’ attention...

Konnan’s allies had better luck in their match, with El Tigre Blanco and Rey Mysterio Jr defeating local talents AJ Petrucci and Dennis Allen (C-) before Bret Hart faced off with Dean Malenko, picking up a win over the technical wizard – now reported to be at 703 holds – with the Sharpshooter. (B-) Afterwards, the Hitman had a challenge for any member of the Dangerous Alliance who’d set foot in the ring with him.

Hart: Austin, Rude, Pillman – I’m not hard to find! You’ll find me at the head of the line looking for new challenges every night!

His challenge was answered by none other than the former World champion himself!

Rude: You’re not as strong as Sting, or as fast, but maybe I’ll let you show off your Sharpshooter so I can practise breaking out of the Scorpion Deathlock!

The Special Forces were the latest team to hand over their money to challenge for the NWA World tag team titles. They weren’t successful here, as Richard Morton and Robert Gibson showed that they’re fully willing to cheat to retain their gold, but the patriotic duo showed real fire as they took it to the former rockers, fighting hard and fair to nearly claim victory several times until Gibson rolled up Todd Champion with a handful of tights to keep their belts. (B-)

But that was hardly the last of the Express’ night, as barely had the bell rung than Sid Vicious charged the ring, sending Gibson and Richard Morton running for cover. Vicious chased them, his long legs eating up the distance, but the Express had clearly anticipated the attack as they led him into an ambush from their York Foundation colleagues Eaton and Terence Taylor! The Foundation might have been left standing tall over Vicious but for the arrival of Marcus Bagwell and Ricky Steamboat, who’ve had their issues with the Foundation in the past. Vicious, Bagwell and Steamboat managed to fight off the Foundation – for now! But Alexandra York seems to see money in this rivalry, judging by her expression as she called her team off!

Ric Flair’s latest Horsemen audition was against young Brit Steven Regal. The auditionee showed impressive technical skills, which has to have scored well with Flair, but his inexperience showed as he allowed Flair to catch him in the Figure Four for the win. (B) Afterwards, Flair shook his hand – has Regal done enough?

Before the main event, Dustin Rhodes and Barry Windham shrugged off suggestions that the match was a setup for an attack by the Diamond Mine.

Windham: Of course it is! But we’re ready for it!

So it proved, as a thrilling contest between Rhodes and Shawn Michaels was brought to a premature halt by the arrival of Vinnie Vegas and the Diamond Studd, who briefly made it three-on-one before Windham charged the ring, a pair of branding irons in his hand to even the odds as he and Rhodes stood their ground against the trio to close the show! (A)

Show rating: B+

Robert Eaton and Shawn Michaels were cheering up everyone backstage. Really. Apparently the niceness of Robert Eaton tops the toolness of Shawn Michaels in 1993 ... Ricky Steamboat passed on selling tips to Steve Armstrong (doesn’t need them, really), babyface tips to Marcus Bagwell (he’s actually a really good face in this ‘verse) and microphone work to Brian Armstrong (so that’s where he learned it from) ... El Tigre Blanco was dehydrated after his match

Random headline: ‘Hot property’ Ray Lloyd?

Hmm, I’m not sure that will take off.

WCW Saturday Night
Bret Hart vs. Rick Rude
Sting vs. Owen Hart
Dustin Rhodes vs. The Diamond Studd
Arn Anderson vs. Steve Williams
Sid Vicious and Marcus Bagwell vs. The Stocks And Shares Express
Beat The Champ: Rey Mysterio Jr vs. Robert Eaton (c) – WCW Television Title

Unread 10-03-2019, 09:41 PM
All Star

Don't know why I missed a show - but it was a great one nonetheless!

Bret Hart vs. Rick Rude
Sting vs. Owen Hart
Unread 10-06-2019, 03:01 AM
Major League

Bret Hart vs. Rick Rude
I know I said it was time for Bret to start doing something, but damn he picked a poor place to start. Rude has to be super over after that dominating title reign, certainly more so than the Hitman who’s been spinning his wheels a little.....incidentally, after Owens run in the DA and CC, who’s the more over Hart?

Sting vs. Owen Hart
Bad night for the Harts, as Sting takes out Pillman’s Partner.....both this and the Bret/Rude match should be great though

As should this, some great potential matches on this show. I’m torn with this one....Studd has picked up some wins recently though so let’s go with Dustin

The toughest test so far in these Horsemen tryouts, but Arn goes over

If the S&S Express have any chance of winning here they need to keep Sid out of the match....big win for Marcus? Or another frustrating loss? Let’s go with a win

Rey must be barely out of diapers here, I know he started young but damn, experience gives Eaton the edge and the win....oh, and if York is looking for a new name for the Alabama Jam, “The Long/Short”......long and short are the terms for investments rising and falling, kinda fits with the business side of the YF, plus ya know, Eaton rises and falls when he does the move
Unread 10-11-2019, 03:15 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
Don't know why I missed a show - but it was a great one nonetheless!
No biggy, it happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by to4sty View Post
Bret Hart vs. Rick Rude
I know I said it was time for Bret to start doing something, but damn he picked a poor place to start. Rude has to be super over after that dominating title reign, certainly more so than the Hitman who’s been spinning his wheels a little.....incidentally, after Owens run in the DA and CC, who’s the more over Hart?
It's actually Bret. There's not a huge amount in it - Bret is slightly more over in America (A's to B+'s) and Europe (B+ to B-) and significantly more over in the Maritimes, Quebec and Ontario, oddly, but otherwise there's very little in it. Bret has slightly higher Star Quality, which may be the main difference - he's also taken very few losses in WCW (5 in 47 matches - he's only lost to Flair, Rude, Anderson and Steiner in singles) while Owen's lost 21 of his 67 matches in about the same time, albeit that a lot of those were tags.