Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Low Minors

Default TCW - Not Enough Stars?

When going through the demo I started getting this message in my inbox after each event saying I didn't have enough stars? How is that a problem for TCW? They have some pretty popular guys on their roster... Anyone have any insight into how to remedy this without waiting for some younger guys to get more popular?
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
When going through the demo I started getting this message in my inbox after each event saying I didn't have enough stars? How is that a problem for TCW? They have some pretty popular guys on their roster... Anyone have any insight into how to remedy this without waiting for some younger guys to get more popular?
Sign more stars.

Like the message says, the fans expect a promotion of that size to have a decent number of "stars" (that is, people above a particular level of popularity - maybe C+/B-?). So, you either sign workers who fulfill the requirement, or you bleed prestige/popularity while running a National+ promotion with Cult level workers.
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Derek said in an 08 post you need at least one person with A overness... Cornell appears to be at B+ (I'm playing with numbers on, not grades, but just looked it up in the help file to check.)

I'd spam the hell out of Tommy C, and see if that helped raise him enough.
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Major League

Well lets also take into acount Tommy just put Rocky Golden over and to realy make a guy like that as we all know someone is bound to take a hit, its perfectly possible to repair the damage with Tommy within the demo period and the AI will quickly fix this situation its self given the chance to do so , i dont think this is a big problem.
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Derek said in an 08 post you need at least one person with A overness... Cornell appears to be at B+ (I'm playing with numbers on, not grades, but just looked it up in the help file to check.)

I'd spam the hell out of Tommy C, and see if that helped raise him enough.
Yeah looking at the data it seems that Tommy is the only B+ guy. There are a few others at B- or higher. I wasn't sure what the threshold was but knowing I need one at A or higher will help alot.

Going out and hiring workers at a high popularity is not that easy in this game world since alot more guys are under writtens than TEW08. I will try to spam Tommy and see if the message goes away when he gets to A.
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Going out and hiring workers at a high popularity is not that easy in this game world since alot more guys are under writtens than TEW08. I will try to spam Tommy and see if the message goes away when he gets to A.
I hadn't realised that until I just checked - but damn, you're right. There's only Nemesis who's anywhere NEAR the level of popularity you'd want and available... good luck building up Tommy C.
Unread 01-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Hall of Fame

In one match, having Rocky Golden beat Tommy Cornell in a title defence, with it open, slow build etc. and Rocky bumped up to B+ across the US and Tommy only dropped a few points, becoming a mixed B+/B across the US.

After one match.
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Super Star

Ricky Dale Johnson is also a B+ or he is in my demo game
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Living Legend

Angles, angles, angles. Tommy and Rick Law are both capable of getting themselves AND their opponents over from the start, as (to a lesser degree) is Troy Tornado. And then there's the Menace factory that is Eddie Peak.

Have them drag others up and help others learn, and you'll be fine.
Unread 01-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Hall of Fame

TCW is almost opposite what it had in '08. In '08 it had several stars (Genghis Rahn had A in South West, Tommy Cornell was A across the map) but the main event talent was weak. Genghis Rahn, Tyson Baine, Rocky Golden, even Wolf Hawkins was a bit green for main eventing.

Now they have a main event scene loaded with talent. Wolf & Rocky have improved a bit, plus Eddie Peak and Joey Minnesota have been bumped up to main event status. However, they're now lacking popularity to push forward at full steam. So you need to consolidate for a bit and prepare a bit before you can push hard to catch SWF.