Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-17-2017, 08:08 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadian View Post
1. In TEW 2013, the game used a "Pass/Fail System" based on number 66.0, meaning certain skills in that game give bad notes unless they're a minimum of 66. Selling and Psychology, for example. I was also told Psychology had to be 78 to be allowed to "call in ring".

What skills in TEW 16 have a similar Pass/Fail number? What is that number?

2. Do child companies grow over time? If I start one at local size, will it increase in popularity and gain size? What is the maximum size of a developmental company?

3. What are the advantages and disadvantages to setting a development company as a Touring promotion? For example, will I be able to staff it with permanent road agents, announcer, referee, etc. or will I have to mess around with rehiring every slot after each tour?

4. What numbers for skills are considered "average stock", "meaningfully above average but not great"? I am trying to get a sense of what range I should be statting my guys in. I read Derek B's Mod-Making Tutorial for TEW13, but I don't know how much holds true to 16, especially maluses/bonuses, and point thresholds (like the 66.0 rule for Psychology and Selling).
Thanks for any time taken to answer!
2. Yes Child promotions can grow all the way to Cult size

4. 50 is average though it's really up to you as the mod maker what the average you want workers at for each specific skill. Takes lot of trial and error to get a mod they way you want it to work. Plus depending on the time period as well. You want a mod that reflects the times now then psychology is going to be real low on average.
Unread 10-18-2017, 12:02 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadian View Post
1. In TEW 2013, the game used a "Pass/Fail System" based on number 66.0, meaning certain skills in that game give bad notes unless they're a minimum of 66. Selling and Psychology, for example. I was also told Psychology had to be 78 to be allowed to "call in ring".
This has never been true.

The penalty comes into the play during the calculation process based on the score of the match AT THAT POINT in the calculations versus the psychology rating of the competitors.
Unread 10-22-2017, 03:29 AM
Phenom

wondering if anyone has a conversion of a Jan 2014 mod they could share
Unread 11-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Super Star

what causes the longest loading times?
more companies or more workers.
Unread 11-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Rookie

Question. Can someone clarify the Importance vs. Influence for Company Wars and what effects that.
Unread 11-14-2017, 06:46 PM
Phenom

Is there anyone interested in a 2013 Cornellverse Mod at the moment? I am currently working on one, but was curious if folks were interested in one at the moment.
Unread 12-24-2017, 08:58 PM
Low Minors

How can I get wrestlers to debut already contracted with a promotion? How does the game handle a worker with a contract for a company that folds before they debut?
Unread 12-24-2017, 09:19 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGpistolpete View Post
How can I get wrestlers to debut already contracted with a promotion? How does the game handle a worker with a contract for a company that folds before they debut?
There isnít.

The closest solution is to have that promotion have a dojo and the worker in question a graduate of that dojo.

Itís not a guarantee that the promotion will sign them when they debut, but itís the only real way to do it.

The game blocks workers that havenít debuted from having a contract. You canít start a game.
Unread 12-24-2017, 09:26 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
There isnít.

The closest solution is to have that promotion have a dojo and the worker in question a graduate of that dojo.

Itís not a guarantee that the promotion will sign them when they debut, but itís the only real way to do it.

The game blocks workers that havenít debuted from having a contract. You canít start a game.
That is what I assumed. That's a shame.

Thanks for the prompt response!
Unread 12-29-2017, 06:14 AM

Default European wrestling

Not sure if this is where I should ask, but I couldn't seem to find a better option so there it is:

Is there any good historical mods/combination of mods (no matter the number) when it comes to European wrestling ? I've found plenty of good options for the big scenes of wrestling, but none for the project I have, that is starting from Europe (preferably France, but if France is filled the others probably will be as well for the "big" names) and rebuilding it to be more relevant than it is now. Needless to say, the earlier the start, the better but I'd settle for starting in the 70-/80's if I have to, as long as I don't have a huge generational gap with 30 guys in the 70's then no one until the 2010's.

Obviously, I could do it all by myself, but if there is already a basis to start with and I only have to add the less known names, that'd be great, since I'm not exactly gifted at rating people I don't know well. Or at rating in general, to be honest.

Thanks !
Unread 01-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Minor League

I know this is lazy, I was hoping maybe someone would know this answer right away. If I wanted to change the color of a part of a worker alt to a different color would that be something easy to do? I have no experience with alts. I wanted to ask before I watched the how to create TEW alt videos.
Unread 01-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Rookie

Default Question about company loyalty

Are there any certain attributes of a company or owner that makes loyalty to a certain company appear more? Does loyalty change in game?
Unread 01-13-2018, 12:58 PM

Is there any mod, that includes the nightly events that NJPW do leading up to their main shows? For example, Fantastica Mania Night 1-7 and the nightly shows leading up to the tournament final shows?
Unread 01-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Rookie

Maybe someone can help me, it's (I think) a pretty basic question.

I want to do a Real World + Cornellverse + Thunderverse save. I know this would normally make the database really, really big, but I'm just hoping to import the workers only.

I know I can do the import feature and be good to go. If I was playing a Real World save from say 2006, are the Cornellverse/Thunderverse imports date of births static? If they don't make their debut until 2010, when I import them in 2006 it should hold them until that date, correct?

I feel like I know the answer on them being static, but I just wanted to make sure. Also useful for a historical Real Life mod and being able to import say TheWho's January 2018 database workers, and Kevin Steen not debuting in 1986 but the debut date 'coded' into the database I'm importing from.

Thank you in advance.
Unread 02-01-2018, 12:33 AM

Does anyone know if CVerse '75 was updated for 2016?