Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-24-2017, 02:44 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWho87 View Post
I'd argue Czech Republic should be more in central since they border and fit in between Germany and Austria, as for Poland I can see the point for Eastern but to me they are more of a 50/50 split between east and central.
As a child of the 70s I can absolutely guarantee you that Czechoslovakia (now obviously split) and Poland are most definitely considered as being Eastern Europe. I suppose with the split the Czech Republic could be central, indeed Wikipedia labels it as being so. I'm just old school and can't quite move with the times regarding the Czech Rep. At a stretch I'd go with East Central. Certainly it was never part of the Central European Wrestling scene and CWA, GWF or now WXW should not be running shows in Brno or Prague and certainly not in Lodz or Poznan.
Unread 07-24-2017, 02:47 PM
Major League

Oh and the Belgians won't be happy being missed out.
Unread 07-24-2017, 03:06 PM
Phenom

This is a square peg, round hole situation, the in game set up for Europe is simplified and we are trying to fit 50 seperate countries into it, I'd argue that Germany and Russia are big enough to justify their own seperate regions but we must deal with what we have.

This is going to be a point where I'm going to agree to disagree, my initial set up was using Wikipedia as a starting point and they listed the Czech Republic Poland and Slovakia as part of central Europe, I don't want to do this again and get someone saying I made a mistake and using Wikipedia as a source so unless Adam Ryland wants to come in here and say what he considers the border of central and eastern Europe within his game is I'm going to go by whats out there.
Unread 07-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Major League

Quote:
This is a square peg, round hole situation, the in game set up for Europe is simplified and we are trying to fit 50 seperate countries into it, I'd argue that Germany and Russia are big enough to justify their own seperate regions but we must deal with what we have.

This is going to be a point where I'm going to agree to disagree, my initial set up was using Wikipedia as a starting point and they listed the Czech Republic Poland and Slovakia as part of central Europe, I don't want to do this again and get someone saying I made a mistake and using Wikipedia as a source so unless Adam Ryland wants to come in here and say what he considers the border of central and eastern Europe within his game is I'm going to go by whats out there.
If what's out there has come from the Mod Squad, i.e. my work, then Poland and Czech Rep will be Eastern Europe and will continue to be so.
Unread 07-24-2017, 03:19 PM
Major League

Asd a central european i can confirm that poland and czech republic are eastern european countries

Central Europe:
Germany
Switzerland
Liechtenstein
Austria
Netherlands
Luxembourgh
Belgium

South East Europe:
Albania
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Greece
Croatia
Macedonia
Moldawia
Montenegro
Romania
Serbia
Slowenia
Turkey
Hungary

East Europe:
Russia
Ukraine
Poland
Czech Republic
Slowakia
Belarus
Lithuania
Estonia
Latvia

Scandinavia:
Sweden
Norway
Denmark
Finland
Iceland
Unread 07-24-2017, 03:20 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsuMirren View Post
If what's out there has come from the Mod Squad, i.e. my work, then Poland and Czech Rep will be Eastern Europe and will continue to be so.
I don't intend this to be a definitive guide on how Europe is within TEW, more of an easy reference for those unfamiliar with the region.
Unread 07-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Hall of Fame

Czech Republic, Poland & Slovakia are definitely considered Eastern Europe
Unread 07-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Phenom

Sod this, feel free to make your own maps, I'm going back to working on my mod.
Unread 07-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Major League

Quote:
Sod this, feel free to make your owny maps, I'm going back to working on my mod.
Sorry, we'll just do everthing wrong from now on. Wouldn't want you spilling pot noodle down your t-shirt in a rage.
Unread 07-24-2017, 10:01 PM
Rookie

I lived in both Czech Republic and Slovenia and would consider them Central...but my hill to die on is the following....

Belgium and Luxembourg are closer to France linguistically and culturally than central Europe.

Malta should be included in Italy. (Not that Malta has ever had any wrestling events)

Nick
Unread 07-25-2017, 12:58 AM
Living Legend

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sod this, feel free to make your own maps, I'm going back to working on my mod.
Thank you for doing what you did. I for one appreciate what you did.

I could care less about where Andorra (Or any of those other small landlock countries that have probably never had a wrestling match held in them) is on the map or if it was included in the first place. Heck there are states that are bigger than Andorra.

Last edited by BHK1978 : 07-25-2017 at 01:06 AM.
Unread 07-25-2017, 09:50 AM
Super Star

In the real world I'd definitely put Poland and the Czech Republic to Eastern Europe. Maybe it's just me being an ignorant German kraut, but I consider everything to the East of Germany to be Eastern Europe.

Having said that, if you look at the venues in the default database, Poland and Czech Republic are part of Central Europe.
Also: Romania is part of Eastern Europe instead of South Eastern Europe, according to TEW.
Unread 07-25-2017, 01:36 PM
Phenom

To be fair I'll still likely make/remake the maps if only for personal use and to reference for use with my mod since its roughly how I've set Europe up in my database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsuMirren View Post
Sorry, we'll just do everthing wrong from now on. Wouldn't want you spilling pot noodle down your t-shirt in a rage.
What kind of sick person do you think I am, I would never choose a pot noodle when there is always the option of dog food.
Unread 12-07-2017, 08:20 PM

PDF file with all regions and updated for Europe and Canada.

Classic TEW Maps Update
http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/xr4j1zdM/file.html