Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-04-2019, 03:52 AM

Hi Adam. You have no Idea how stoked i am for this game.

I may be jumping the gun a bit. And i know i probably won't explain myself well. However one of the things I would like to see is more depth in putting together matches. I know it would be a hellava lot of work but just something that would make my day.

For example if you have a match time set for 20 minutes between A and B.
2 minutes non wrestling time.
Sequence 1: Feeling out process (3Mins)
Sequence 2: B heat on A (3 Mins)
Sequence 3: A comeback spot cut off into resthold (3 Mins)
Sequence 4: B heat Spot on A into near fall (2 mins)
Sequence 5: A Comeback into near fall (2 mins)
Sequence 6: A High Spot into False Finish (2 Mins)
Sequence 7: Go home spot B victor over A (3 mins)

= 20 Mins.

The Go home spot (IE the finish) can have options like Clean with finisher. Clean with finisher reversal. Flash small package. Flash submission finish. Keep Strong Submission finish. Catch finish (Think of Randy Orton hitting the RKO outa nowhere)

Something like this would only apply when/if the Scripted option is selected when setting up the match. When Call in the Ring is selected all that is needed is the finish.

Also if you have one worker with good performance skills surely that worker would be able to carry a worker who is average to a good match if the good worker was the one leading the match if they were calling it in the ring?? I mean Ric Flair was able to lead Ronnie Garvin to a great match.

Anyways thanks for the great work and looking forward to this game so so much.
Unread 02-04-2019, 05:59 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AneesMoha View Post
Hi Adam. You have no Idea how stoked i am for this game.

I may be jumping the gun a bit. And i know i probably won't explain myself well. However one of the things I would like to see is more depth in putting together matches. I know it would be a hellava lot of work but just something that would make my day.

For example if you have a match time set for 20 minutes between A and B.
2 minutes non wrestling time.
Sequence 1: Feeling out process (3Mins)
Sequence 2: B heat on A (3 Mins)
Sequence 3: A comeback spot cut off into resthold (3 Mins)
Sequence 4: B heat Spot on A into near fall (2 mins)
Sequence 5: A Comeback into near fall (2 mins)
Sequence 6: A High Spot into False Finish (2 Mins)
Sequence 7: Go home spot B victor over A (3 mins)

= 20 Mins.

The Go home spot (IE the finish) can have options like Clean with finisher. Clean with finisher reversal. Flash small package. Flash submission finish. Keep Strong Submission finish. Catch finish (Think of Randy Orton hitting the RKO outa nowhere)

Something like this would only apply when/if the Scripted option is selected when setting up the match. When Call in the Ring is selected all that is needed is the finish.

Also if you have one worker with good performance skills surely that worker would be able to carry a worker who is average to a good match if the good worker was the one leading the match if they were calling it in the ring?? I mean Ric Flair was able to lead Ronnie Garvin to a great match.

Anyways thanks for the great work and looking forward to this game so so much.

I feel like this is covered by road agent notes and match aims. In the example, that would be slow build with a open match road agent note.

However I would love to see some sort of write up recap return to the game and that would be a good format to follow. Iím sure the community would help out with coming up with different flavor write ups so things wonít get repetitive.
Unread 02-04-2019, 06:02 AM
Super Star

Thinking about the ability to talk to workers Iím wondering if weíll have the ability to talk someone into hanging up the boots to become a ref? And could we also send people to the performance center to gain referee stats?
Unread 02-04-2019, 06:24 AM
Low Minors

I am so happy that we can now play as developmental company getting a mod where you can play as FCW or OVW and have workers like John Cena, CM Punk and Brock Lesnar in there or to play as NXT when Finn and Joe or Kevin and Sami was in it I love playing TEW but this is now going to make me play it a lot more
Unread 02-04-2019, 09:35 AM
Rookie

I would love to see an option to play in "owner mode" where you can set your own owner goals and have someone else doing the actual booking unless you decide to step in and meddle, even if it is just booking your bigger shows. You could even decide on a main booker for each TV show, kind of like how Smackdown is written by different people from RAW.
Unread 02-04-2019, 09:55 AM
All Star

I am very interested to see how talk to a worker plays out. It will make the semi-restricted more interesting, because now I can potentially convince someone to be willing to come work for me, which I like. The Northern Lights shall be mine! The house show adjustments will be nice, but I'm still hoping for the ability to run house shows/spot shows as a company that doesn't have written contracts. I want to be able to replicate the house shows that a territory would run. I may be able to do it with the B events and the autobooker, butt it's not the same in my eyes! I'm still super excited (and I did make that house show thing a suggestion a while ago, I'm just mentioning it here because it is on my brain).
Unread 02-04-2019, 10:53 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccamo View Post
I would love to see an option to play in "owner mode" where you can set your own owner goals and have someone else doing the actual booking unless you decide to step in and meddle, even if it is just booking your bigger shows. You could even decide on a main booker for each TV show, kind of like how Smackdown is written by different people from RAW.
Oooh. I like this! This would also work for other feds we own, like developmental feds.
Unread 02-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Rookie

Any financial or reputational penalty to having workers rested from house shows due to fatigue? They would probably have been advertised so a let down for the live crowd (depending on popularity).

Would add an extra dimension of strategy, do you protect reputation/cashflow by working your wrestlers when fatigued and risking injury. If not then of course I'm going to want them to rest every time.
Unread 02-04-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I feel like this is covered by road agent notes and match aims. In the example, that would be slow build with a open match road agent note.

However I would love to see some sort of write up recap return to the game and that would be a good format to follow. Iím sure the community would help out with coming up with different flavor write ups so things wonít get repetitive.
True but where is the detail? How can one book a match where the heel basically murders the face and the face wins with a small package thereby getting both guys over (see almost every ricky morton vs monster heel match) and not suffer a penalty. I just think that (and i know it could be tedious) having detailed finishes and such could add to the experiance.
Unread 02-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
True but where is the detail? How can one book a match where the heel basically murders the face and the face wins with a small package thereby getting both guys over (see almost every ricky morton vs monster heel match) and not suffer a penalty. I just think that (and i know it could be tedious) having detailed finishes and such could add to the experiance.
Dominate/keep strong on the heel, flash pin fall for the face. Bingo bango done
Unread 02-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Arguably in that example you would book either dominate or keep strong on the loser depending on how much of an upset it should be and then tainted win
Unread 02-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermercado View Post
Any financial or reputational penalty to having workers rested from house shows due to fatigue? They would probably have been advertised so a let down for the live crowd (depending on popularity).

Would add an extra dimension of strategy, do you protect reputation/cashflow by working your wrestlers when fatigued and risking injury. If not then of course I'm going to want them to rest every time.
I would think less names on house show, the less money you’ll generate. This way you’ll think twice about adding in a “no house shows” clause in contract negotiations just to get a lower price.
Unread 02-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Low Minors

The new house show option sounds great. A few things this allows us to do that immediately come to mind:

-Simulate annual tours (WWE's November and April European tours)
-Simulated the burden that workers go through on the house show grind (CM Punk during his last WWE title reign)

I'm excited to see if we can set headline feuds for the house shows and see how well they draw. I remember a few years ago Dean Ambrose was drawing better on the WWE B-Show loop than Roman was on the A-Shows and it was a big deal. It might be nice to compare and contrast how certain storylines are doing on the road.
Unread 02-04-2019, 12:48 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I wouldnít necessarily want to book a house show. Maybe special house shows but that is already doable in the game. For a normal house show loop, I wouldnít mind selecting a group of workers who are scheduled to appear. Somewhat similar to EWR auto booker where you would select which workers will be on the show. The ability to select groups for different loops would be nice also. The ability to test out things like gimmicks, match ups and teams, selecting who will be on the loop and which loop would be a nice optional feauture for people who want to micromanage. Similar to having merchandise on auto or having the ability to micromanage it.
This. WWE, for example, runs the same show for a month or two. For instance, in 1994 on the WrestleMania Revenge Tour the main event was always Bret Hart beating Owen Hart.
Unread 02-04-2019, 01:05 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw88 View Post
Arguably in that example you would book either dominate or keep strong on the loser depending on how much of an upset it should be and then tainted win
The option to book your match in detail would be an amazing addition. The more options, the more effects it could have on match rating and popularity.

You could even book a spot or two and the winner, or just the winner and let the workers do their thing.

It would be amazing if workers then took advantage of this, so many stories of workers not allowing others to get over etc.

Imagine if you booked the WWF mid to early 90ís and the clique were burying everyone in the ring? Or petiole they didnít need like?