Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-16-2018, 08:54 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
Nice to see this is still kicking snoop! Comp’s is in the shop right now, but when I get it back, i’ll Dig around and find more stuff(I know, more work)
Was able to book a Raw. Here's some fixes I've got so far for the WWE.

- Jillian and Nunzio are both on Raw - should be smackdown.
- Echoing the Orton comment. This isn't the Orton of 2018 - we're only a year away from him pooping in bags. Gotta be negative.
- The Hearthrobs should both be sleazes (both Man on a Mission) and could use a dip in popularity (they're jobbers pushed as midcarders). London and Kendrick could use a bump in popularity.
- Shelton should be a heel, since this is Mama Benjamin territory. Plus, where's mama benjamin? Could also use a bump in popularity.
- Michael Cole and Taz are HEAT's default announcers - should be Todd Grisham and Coach(?) (I admit, as a kid, I didn't watch HEAT)
- Rosey and Jamal should probably work developmental. UMAGA didn't arrive until April.

I'll have some more stuff when I get to Smackdown. I appreciate the work so far!
Unread 01-17-2018, 04:13 AM
All Star

Quote:
Was able to book a Raw. Here's some fixes I've got so far for the WWE.

- Jillian and Nunzio are both on Raw - should be smackdown.
Moved them to SD. Changed Jillian's gimmick to Business Executive, added to be JBL's manager.

Quote:
- Echoing the Orton comment. This isn't the Orton of 2018 - we're only a year away from him pooping in bags. Gotta be negative.
Orton actually had quite a bad personality already (trait wise), but I tweaked it to be worse so that he now 'Would be considered a negative influence in most locker rooms'.

Quote:
- The Hearthrobs should both be sleazes (both Man on a Mission) and could use a dip in popularity (they're jobbers pushed as midcarders). London and Kendrick could use a bump in popularity.
Set Antonio & Romeo the 'Sleazebag' gimmick and dropped them four points in pop. Gave LondRick some pop.

Quote:
- Shelton should be a heel, since this is Mama Benjamin territory. Plus, where's mama benjamin? Could also use a bump in popularity.
He was still on his losing streak, Momma arrived at the first Raw on January. Guess I could set him as a heel already, since the arrival of Momma is as good as a turn as we got. Seemed silly to add Momma, but I can add her for the next release.

Quote:
- Michael Cole and Taz are HEAT's default announcers - should be Todd Grisham and Coach(?) (I admit, as a kid, I didn't watch HEAT)
They did call some HEAT programs, unfortunately not enough to save us from Grisham & Coach! Set them as the default pair.

Quote:
- Rosey and Jamal should probably work developmental. UMAGA didn't arrive until April.
They weren't working in developmental, but Rosey was still under contract and they hired Jamal to bring back 3 Minute Warning. Apart from one upcoming dark match, they weren't working in WWE shows either though. I think I'll leave it as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaJoestar View Post
Minor detail, why Victoria is "ruthless", "pessimitic" and "flaky"? I always heard the opposite, that she was very optmistic and easy to deal with. I'm curious, was that an overlook or is there actual evidence/reports for this? I also think Kane should be a positive influence (I mean, if Orton is...).
She is not set to be flaky at all and slightly ruthless & pessimistic wouldn't really be hard to deal with. However, I did up her sociability so that it shows as a trait now.

Thanks for all the comments folks, much appreciated!
Unread 01-18-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSnoopy View Post
She is not set to be flaky at all and slightly ruthless & pessimistic wouldn't really be hard to deal with. However, I did up her sociability so that it shows as a trait now.
You're right, I just checked and she's not flaky, I guess I mixed her up with Lita who has the flaky behavior (rightfully so).

Looking forward to see this finished.
Unread 01-18-2018, 11:39 AM
Living Legend

Lita’s flaky should be max.

Seriously, who plans a tour for their band and then moves to Costa Rica without telling their band mates?

That was a few years ago, but jeez.
Unread 01-18-2018, 08:48 PM
All Star

Quote:
Thanks for all the comments folks, much appreciated!
Thanks for the quick response snoop! Just played through SM!, so I've got a few more things I've seen.

I think Matt Hardy could use a boost in pop. Currently stuck in the 50s, but did just come off the biggest feud of his career. I'd say he should be hanging around Mysterio's level.

Kristal Marshall isn't signed to Smackdown, should be a pushed as a personality.

Funaki's gimmick is blue collar, probably should be comic relief.

Jamie Noble's an old school villian, should be trailer trash (closer to stale than fresh)

This is a general in-game, but I feel like everyone could use a boost in pop. Both Raw and SD I scored in the 70s, which is understandable, but I've always been the camp that mods should make the game easier as opposed to harder. I've always found Hive's mods, for example, to be really fun since good grades, popularity develop, agers/new workers are a huge part of the mod.

I know it's just a few shows in, so meh grades are believable, but I guess it's just a general comment on mods in general. I don't know if I'm explaining my stance well here, but hopefully you get the jist.

Next, New Years Revolution!
Unread 01-19-2018, 05:34 AM
All Star

Quote:
I think Matt Hardy could use a boost in pop. Currently stuck in the 50s, but did just come off the biggest feud of his career. I'd say he should be hanging around Mysterio's level.
Gave him 5 points in pop.

Quote:
Kristal Marshall isn't signed to Smackdown, should be a pushed as a personality.
Added her to SD.

Quote:
Funaki's gimmick is blue collar, probably should be comic relief.
Changed it to Comic Relief.

Quote:
Jamie Noble's an old school villian, should be trailer trash (closer to stale than fresh)
Noble only just returned into WWE in December 2005. I don't think he was using that gimmick yet, wasn't that after the short run with Kid Kash as The Pitbulls?

Quote:
This is a general in-game, but I feel like everyone could use a boost in pop. Both Raw and SD I scored in the 70s, which is understandable, but I've always been the camp that mods should make the game easier as opposed to harder. I've always found Hive's mods, for example, to be really fun since good grades, popularity develop, agers/new workers are a huge part of the mod.

I know it's just a few shows in, so meh grades are believable, but I guess it's just a general comment on mods in general. I don't know if I'm explaining my stance well here, but hopefully you get the jist.

Next, New Years Revolution!
Worker popularity is actually by far the hardest thing to set and balance when modding. I'm definitely going to tweak it a lot more in the future.

As always, thanks for the feedback!
Unread 01-23-2018, 07:44 AM
Rookie

can you add the picture backgrounds i get a little ocd when i don't have pictures haha. by the way mod looks good. looking forward to the full release
Unread 01-23-2018, 09:56 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca87 View Post
can you add the picture backgrounds i get a little ocd when i don't have pictures haha. by the way mod looks good. looking forward to the full release
Thanks! If you mean blank backgrounds, sure thing:

ToI background for people:

ToI background for logos:

Since these backgrounds and all the cutting has been done by me, feel free to post/request if you have a specific picture in mind to be cut.
Unread 01-23-2018, 02:29 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Worker popularity is actually by far the hardest thing to set and balance when modding. I'm definitely going to tweak it a lot more in the future.

I always like to err on the side of underselling popularity. Since it can be so subjective. And I personally don't always like seeing just a ton of 100s in my shows for various segments.
Unread 01-23-2018, 05:11 PM
Living Legend

Quote:

This. So very much this lol. People don't realize how much tweaking and testing it can take to get things balanced in a mod. We often get caught up on attributes, debating over a couple of points in a given skill. But that really doesn't tend to have that big of an impact on match grades, even if its Psychology, because there are so many other factors involved. But those couple of points in popularity can make an impact on match grades, especially in an SE company. If the whole roster is a bit high or low in popularity, you can end up with things being too easy or too hard.

Compounding that difficulty is that the "right" balance is a bit different for everyone user. Some want things challenging, where a B or B+ match is a bit of an achievement and others want one where an A grade show is easy every time.

Been meaning to actually give this a try. Thanks for taking the time with it!
Unread 01-25-2018, 10:43 AM
Low Minors

I'm in love with this. Having the most fun I've had with the game in a while booking TNA. Love the way you've rated their roster -- you can see Roode, Storm, Hernandez and Monty Brown have something in them to develop but aren't ready yet, Daniels seems to be the best worker on the roster, AJ isn't some wrestling god already (though I did think his SQ was a little high, it gives me the option to use him as a legitimate figurehead moving forward so that's cool.)

I thought Konnan's entertainment skills were a little overrated. I've always thought the guy was underrated, but he's one of the best in the mod it looks like.

I'm not a huge lucha guy outside of the last (maybe) 3 years, so maybe it's deserving, but Rey Bucanero seems really good.

Skayde always seems to be rated like a monster in historical mods. I'm not familiar with him, but he significantly dwarfs ROH-champ Danielson in technical and performance skills. Seems odd, but admittedly could be right on point, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Skayde match.

BG & Kip have no tag experience.

(disregard if contract lengths are random)
If guys like Booker T and Kurt Angle are gonna have expiring contracts so early, maybe boost TNA up to a minimum-cult level? Or extend those contracts 9-12 months apiece to let the user book up to that level, they turned into big pieces of TNA in the years to come, but there's no shot to sign them playing as booker for a regional company.

Thanks again for all your work. If I come across anything else I'll chime in again.

Last edited by Wade : 01-25-2018 at 10:34 PM.
Unread 01-26-2018, 05:18 AM
Low Minors

Skayde's technical skills definitely should be extremely high; he was one of the best at his particular style of lucha, which is very heavy on holds and counter-holds. I've been told stories of him getting in the ring for hours before a match, and not leaving until he'd come up with a new pin or hold that he'd never seen before.
Performance skills are probably too high for him, though, I'd agree.
Unread 01-26-2018, 08:50 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
I'm in love with this. Having the most fun I've had with the game in a while booking TNA. Love the way you've rated their roster -- you can see Roode, Storm, Hernandez and Monty Brown have something in them to develop but aren't ready yet, Daniels seems to be the best worker on the roster, AJ isn't some wrestling god already (though I did think his SQ was a little high, it gives me the option to use him as a legitimate figurehead moving forward so that's cool.)
Thanks. The previous update had AJ somewhere in the B range in SQ, I thought a B+ would be more appropriate. Thinking back on it now, if he moves up a size in-game to Middleweight, he could get superstar-like SQ.

Quote:
I thought Konnan's entertainment skills were a little overrated. I've always thought the guy was underrated, but he's one of the best in the mod it looks like.
Fair enough, I downgraded his Mic & Acting skills to a low B.

Quote:
I'm not a huge lucha guy outside of the last (maybe) 3 years, so maybe it's deserving, but Rey Bucanero seems really good.
He has a rather unspectacular top row, but great performance & entertainment skills, which I feel is appropriate for him.

Quote:
Skayde always seems to be rated like a monster in historical mods. I'm not familiar with him, but he significantly dwarfs ROH-champ Danielson in technical and performance skills. Seems odd, but admittedly could be right on point, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Skayde match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skummy View Post
Skayde's technical skills definitely should be extremely high; he was one of the best at his particular style of lucha, which is very heavy on holds and counter-holds. I've been told stories of him getting in the ring for hours before a match, and not leaving until he'd come up with a new pin or hold that he'd never seen before.
Performance skills are probably too high for him, though, I'd agree.
Skayde is a beast! The 40-something should definitely be better than the 20-something Danielson. Just give Bryan a year and he's one of the best workers in the mod. As for Skayde's performance row, I don't think there is an issue there. There's a reason he has trained a lot of wrestlers.
Quote:
BG & Kip have no tag experience.
Added their team (with max xp).

Quote:
(disregard if contract lengths are random)
If guys like Booker T and Kurt Angle are gonna have expiring contracts so early, maybe boost TNA up to a minimum-cult level? Or extend those contracts 9-12 months apiece to let the user book up to that level, they turned into big pieces of TNA in the years to come, but there's no shot to sign them playing as booker for a regional company.

Thanks again for all your work. If I come across anything else I'll chime in again.
Contract lengths are in fact random. TNA gets to low-cult very fast in the mod due to their television deal with Spike.

As always, thanks for the feedback and comments guys.
Unread 02-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Major League

Just started a Shimmer game, although its a small nit picky thing, they didn't have their title until June 2007 (Volume 11).

I'll add more to this as I play some months though.
Unread 02-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by steesh07 View Post
Just started a Shimmer game, although its a small nit picky thing, they didn't have their title until June 2007 (Volume 11).

I'll add more to this as I play some months though.
That's a TEW-required thing. If you don't start out with a title, the game will auto-create one on day 1 or 2 (or before their first show) so it's better off left in the game.