Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-25-2018, 12:38 PM

Default Non-Wrestler Importance Ideas

Hi guys, I'm a long time player and have been lurking this board since the TEW 2005 days (well before it was freeware). I had tried to register years ago but it would never work.... Finally figured I'd try again and here we are.

I've read a lot of the threads in this forum specifically and there's a lot of great ideas... I just thought I'd start one with what pertains to Non-Wrestlers in TEW.

I'd love to see a more comprehensive division of these characters. In a perfect world I'd break it down in this way... Broadcasters / Personalities / Staff. From there, each of these categories would have their own pushes within that.

Broadcaster pushes would include: Announcer, Color Commentator, Ring Announcer, Host/Interviewer (I'd argue these can be separate pushes but within the confines of this game, they can work as one category).

I think in these most are fairly evident in terms of what they are used for. Hosts can be especially useful, not just in the realms of interview segments, but also for pre-show type television shows and recap / tour highlight tv shows, or even a Hall of Fame Ceremony.

Personalities, I'd break down into Authority Figures, Managers, Valets, Characters.

Authority Figures are pretty straight forward. Managers would be specifically the mouth pieces that get involved a lot more (ie. Bobby Heenan, Paul Heyman, Vickie Guerrero), Valets are more passive and silent that add to the character (ie. Miss Elizabeth), and Characters would be the odd characters they bring in for storylines that don't fit into an exact category (ie. Claire Lynch, Megan Miller/Chelsea Green, the Bella Twins when they were around for... nothing?)

I think the biggest thing for me is that it should be easier to get Managers and Authority figures involved in matches (as we see this all the time on TV), unless they are under a no ring-time contract. Valets should rarely ever want to be involved in physical contact, same with the Characters.

Staff is where you bring in the Referees, Trainers, Road Agents and I'd love to see the Booker/Writer category come back for certain people like Chris DeJosephs, Vince McMahon Sr., Linda McMahon for example who are very involved but don't fit into most of these categories.

I think from there I'd love for these people to be able to be recognized a bit more. Announcers and Color guys have that option for Hall of Fame, as do Referees... and yet Managers/Valets are left with zero chance at immortality despite historically people like Bobby Heenan, Miss Elizabeth, Sherri Martel, Vickie Guerrero, Paul Heyman, Paul Bearer, Jim Cornette, Jimmy Hart, Freddie Blassie, etc.... as well as on screen Authority Figures like Mr. McMahon, Stpehanie McMahon, Eric Bischoff..... these are some of the most recognizable characters in wrestling history, and in TEW they play next to no part in any of it.

On another note, I'd love to see the inclusion of Celebrities in the game somehow. I think hiring one should boost your show / angles, and they can be rated on star power or something (I don't know if you add a celebrity class system A,B, C, D list?). I just think of people like Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Jenna Jameson, David Arquette, Maria Menounos, etc. who've added a lot to the product/history of wrestling. It'd be cool to have that reflected in the TEW world. Maybe you can negotiate with them as a one shot deal, a more comprehensive angle, number of agreed matches, etc. They should be hard to sign though, especially the higher profile they are...

Eventually you can add the ability that an Iconic Wrestler (ie. Hulk Hogan, The Rock, John Cena) may cross over to celebrity status and leave wrestling behind (so rather than leaving the business entirely, they retire from full-time wrestling to become Celebrities). Not sure how mechanics would work for that, but it's a dream list... Maybe add the celebrity wing to hall of fames

Hope that's not too long of a post or too many suggestions.
Unread 02-25-2018, 01:36 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwrestling View Post
Hi guys, I'm a long time player and have been lurking this board since the TEW 2005 days (well before it was freeware). I had tried to register years ago but it would never work.... Finally figured I'd try again and here we are.

I've read a lot of the threads in this forum specifically and there's a lot of great ideas... I just thought I'd start one with what pertains to Non-Wrestlers in TEW.

I'd love to see a more comprehensive division of these characters. In a perfect world I'd break it down in this way... Broadcasters / Personalities / Staff. From there, each of these categories would have their own pushes within that.

Broadcaster pushes would include: Announcer, Color Commentator, Ring Announcer, Host/Interviewer (I'd argue these can be separate pushes but within the confines of this game, they can work as one category).

I think in these most are fairly evident in terms of what they are used for. Hosts can be especially useful, not just in the realms of interview segments, but also for pre-show type television shows and recap / tour highlight tv shows, or even a Hall of Fame Ceremony.

Personalities, I'd break down into Authority Figures, Managers, Valets, Characters.

Authority Figures are pretty straight forward. Managers would be specifically the mouth pieces that get involved a lot more (ie. Bobby Heenan, Paul Heyman, Vickie Guerrero), Valets are more passive and silent that add to the character (ie. Miss Elizabeth), and Characters would be the odd characters they bring in for storylines that don't fit into an exact category (ie. Claire Lynch, Megan Miller/Chelsea Green, the Bella Twins when they were around for... nothing?)

I think the biggest thing for me is that it should be easier to get Managers and Authority figures involved in matches (as we see this all the time on TV), unless they are under a no ring-time contract. Valets should rarely ever want to be involved in physical contact, same with the Characters.

Staff is where you bring in the Referees, Trainers, Road Agents and I'd love to see the Booker/Writer category come back for certain people like Chris DeJosephs, Vince McMahon Sr., Linda McMahon for example who are very involved but don't fit into most of these categories.

I think from there I'd love for these people to be able to be recognized a bit more. Announcers and Color guys have that option for Hall of Fame, as do Referees... and yet Managers/Valets are left with zero chance at immortality despite historically people like Bobby Heenan, Miss Elizabeth, Sherri Martel, Vickie Guerrero, Paul Heyman, Paul Bearer, Jim Cornette, Jimmy Hart, Freddie Blassie, etc.... as well as on screen Authority Figures like Mr. McMahon, Stpehanie McMahon, Eric Bischoff..... these are some of the most recognizable characters in wrestling history, and in TEW they play next to no part in any of it.

On another note, I'd love to see the inclusion of Celebrities in the game somehow. I think hiring one should boost your show / angles, and they can be rated on star power or something (I don't know if you add a celebrity class system A,B, C, D list?). I just think of people like Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Jenna Jameson, David Arquette, Maria Menounos, etc. who've added a lot to the product/history of wrestling. It'd be cool to have that reflected in the TEW world. Maybe you can negotiate with them as a one shot deal, a more comprehensive angle, number of agreed matches, etc. They should be hard to sign though, especially the higher profile they are...

Eventually you can add the ability that an Iconic Wrestler (ie. Hulk Hogan, The Rock, John Cena) may cross over to celebrity status and leave wrestling behind (so rather than leaving the business entirely, they retire from full-time wrestling to become Celebrities). Not sure how mechanics would work for that, but it's a dream list... Maybe add the celebrity wing to hall of fames

Hope that's not too long of a post or too many suggestions.
Good ideas! The more money we can spend things on, the better IMO...

Paying for celebrity apearences would be cool, a nice way to boost a segment. There definitly should be different classes of celebrity (A-list cost way more than a low tier celeb). Small indy show may only be able to affford an appearence from a D list celeb. Of course we can also add some celebs as personilties who are invovled in the wrestling industry on more than one occasion. but the abilty to spend money on a celeb for a show (similar to doing so for PPV) who are not mainstays in the industry could def add to the game.
Unread 02-26-2018, 08:07 AM
All Star

The only thing I can add is when wrestlers decide they want to be full time celebrities the game should change their status to occasional wrestler. Also I say anybody categorized as a celebrity should be almost next to impossible to sign to a written deal. (That way you can't hire Hugh Jackman to host RAW every week to game the system) They probably would only agree to PPA deals for ridiculous amounts of money.
Unread 02-26-2018, 01:22 PM

Yea, I agree with that for sure.

It'd be a cool cosmetic feature if you can have various wings in your hall of fame (ie. wrestler, tag team, women, non-wrestlers, celebrities) and the ability to hold an official ceremony (or do the option vs doing it how it is now).

I say this because I think 2016 game mechanics are pretty refined and I'd love to see a lot of cosmetic stuff done in the next installment to allow for a more immersive world.
Unread 03-04-2018, 02:08 AM

Just a random shower thought I had earlier... What if in the match booking screen, when you add on the wrestlers you have the ability to add/remove the managers/valets of the wrestlers in the match. It would help simulate if you want the tag team partners to come down with them or to simulate matches where the manager is banned from ringside. Just another way to add depth to these characters (which can then affect the match rating as well).

It's also a way to keep track of their acheivements for HOI / HOF... ie. if they worked the main event matches of PPVs or Historical Events, or if it was a title match or not (ie. amount of wrestlers they've led to championship reigns).