Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Low Minors

Default Let parent company sign child talent.

When a child company signs its own talent, the parent company should be allowed to negotiate with that talent.
Unread 03-01-2018, 02:05 PM
All Star

Why? If the child company is self-reliant, then the parent company has nothing to do with it, besides sending workers down there. If the worker in question is on a PPA deal, the parent company can negotiate anyways.
Unread 03-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungner View Post
Why? If the child company is self-reliant, then the parent company has nothing to do with it, besides sending workers down there. If the worker in question is on a PPA deal, the parent company can negotiate anyways.

If they're on a written deal is the issue in question, I'm guessing...

Which is annoying not gonna lie...
Unread 03-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecold View Post
If they're on a written deal is the issue in question, I'm guessing...

Which is annoying not gonna lie...
But if the company is a Development Territory it doesn't sign workers full stop. If it's a Child Company, you have no right to take their workers if they're on written deals, which is exactly how it would work in real life.

Saying this, I'm fairly certain dev companies are capped to Regional, so they can't offer written contracts anyway.
Unread 03-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeydbw View Post
But if the company is a Development Territory it doesn't sign workers full stop. If it's a Child Company, you have no right to take their workers if they're on written deals, which is exactly how it would work in real life.

Saying this, I'm fairly certain dev companies are capped to Regional, so they can't offer written contracts anyway.
I have a few dev territories at Cult that would say otherwise
Unread 03-19-2018, 06:34 AM
Low Minors

Quote:

My cult size child company signed several stars as written deals I really wanted to have, and frankly - when I own them, I have every right to use their property. It's actually MY property, right? I own them. Their contracts are my contracts. Also, this game doesn't attempt to replicate real life, ask Adam.

While I am here, I would like to also suggest allowing us to block "Negative Influence" workers as a hiring rule. We can bias toward nobody below C safety, and nobody below size Giant, but we can't bias hiring rules toward "not negative locker room influence" and "not egotistical" or "not conservative"? (For example, some products, especially cult/risque ones, shouldn't be signing conservatives because those workers would create trouble for the company given its product).

Last edited by thadian : 03-19-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Unread 03-19-2018, 08:20 AM
All Star

You don't own a child company! You own a development company. There's a difference.
A child company can sign whoever they want without your permission. You only use them to send people down. A development company cannot sign any workers, and their roster only consists of what you send down.
Unread 03-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadian View Post
It's actually MY property, right? I own them. Their contracts are my contracts. Also, this game doesn't attempt to replicate real life, ask Adam.
Depending on the type of developmental company, no. When you create a developmental company as a 'child company' you do not really own them, they are a company who develops your talent for you, much as OVW did for WWE.

A 'development territory' on the other hand IS your property, much like NXT's relationship with WWE.
Unread 04-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Depending on the type of developmental company, no. When you create a developmental company as a 'child company' you do not really own them, they are a company who develops your talent for you, much as OVW did for WWE.

A 'development territory' on the other hand IS your property, much like NXT's relationship with WWE.
Honestly a huge part of the problem is that the terms should be reversed... A child company is by definition a subsidiary and owned by the parent. Jim cornette always reffered to OVW as a development territory. It's very counterintuitive as is.
Unread 04-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfanar View Post
Honestly a huge part of the problem is that the terms should be reversed... A child company is by definition a subsidiary and owned by the parent. Jim cornette always reffered to OVW as a development territory. It's very counterintuitive as is.
AAA owns a percentage of Lucha Underground yet you don’t see them signing away guys.

But I agree, there also could be a relationship between companies where ther is a developmental agreement. I guess the difference is that neither company benefit from each other financially.
Unread 04-12-2018, 10:13 AM
Major League

A cult sized developmental territory in game does not sign anyone at any role. Therefor there is no chance that they sign up workers that you want to written deals.

If a cult sized child company is signing workers to written deals and you don't want them to, you can change them to a dev territory at will.

Also if your child company signed a worker you wanted to a written contract, you can always fire that worker from the child company...

If you want to sign people to your dev territory on PPA deals just sign them as owners or bookers and then change the owner/booker to whoever you want after they're signed.

The game already gives plenty of options in this regard.