Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-19-2018, 06:25 AM
Low Minors

Default "Mayan Race". No.

The predictions of the ancient Mayan race, which stated that the world would end yesterday, were proved wrong at midnight when nothing much happened. Wrestling analysts had suggested that the end of the world would have had a "significant" negative impact upon the business.

No representatives of the Mayans were available to comment.

The Mayans were a civilization, not a race. Lets please remove this offensive artifact and pretend it was always correct the whole time, eh? It's pretty offensive. Cheers!
Unread 03-19-2018, 09:16 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadian View Post
The predictions of the ancient Mayan race, which stated that the world would end yesterday, were proved wrong at midnight when nothing much happened. Wrestling analysts had suggested that the end of the world would have had a "significant" negative impact upon the business.

No representatives of the Mayans were available to comment.

The Mayans were a civilization, not a race. Lets please remove this offensive artifact and pretend it was always correct the whole time, eh? It's pretty offensive. Cheers!
I do hope you are joking about an in-game joke and not being serious.
Unread 03-19-2018, 09:45 AM
All Star

Ok well how do I put this without punching too hard......

In order for something to be found offensive the party that is offended has to be present. Now since there is no Mayan (civilization nor race) how are they going to be offended by the joke? While there is descendants of the Mayan people that are around today to say that someone is offended by that joke is completely ludicrous. Those descendants have assimilated into other cultures and don't identify themselves as such anymore. That is the same as white knighting for the Mesopotamians or Neanderthals. Its just comes off as reaching for something to complain about.

Here is a video that might help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh7c7PSVubE

Last edited by K-Nection : 03-19-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Unread 03-19-2018, 04:13 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
Ok well how do I put this without punching too hard......

In order for something to be found offensive the party that is offended has to be present. Now since there is no Mayan (civilization nor race) how are they going to be offended by the joke? While there is descendants of the Mayan people that are around today to say that someone is offended by that joke is completely ludicrous. Those descendants have assimilated into other cultures and don't identify themselves as such anymore. That is the same as white knighting for the Mesopotamians or Neanderthals. Its just comes off as reaching for something to complain about.

Here is a video that might help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh7c7PSVubE
That video doesnít help at all but thatís not for this site...
Unread 03-20-2018, 09:22 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
That video doesn’t help at all but that’s not for this site...
Wait I linked the wrong video lol hold on a second....

Edit: Well I couldn't find the video I was intending to find but found this one which is exactly the point I was trying to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUGAx1lDmCg

Last edited by K-Nection : 03-20-2018 at 09:29 AM.