Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Unread 11-16-2018, 09:28 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 6,211
Default

I didn't even consider using anime movies on my list...crap...

Spirited Away is one of the greatest things to ever grace the planet.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 11-16-2018, 10:51 PM
K-Nection's Avatar
K-Nection K-Nection is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
I didn't even consider using anime movies on my list...crap...

Spirited Away is one of the greatest things to ever grace the planet.
Never seen it....people look at me like I'm crazy when I say that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Century
Death Note (even though the pacing is off towards the end, it's a good example of a dialogue driven anime)
I consider it a perfect anime if you completely 86 the last episode. It could easily end on the episode before and tie up nicely. When they M Night Shamaloned that ending I wanted to throw my remote through the tv lol. There is two endings that actually get me worked up to the point of anger of even being mentioned and that is Mass Effect 3 and Deathnote.

Last edited by K-Nection : 11-16-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 11-16-2018, 11:44 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 6,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
Never seen it....people look at me like I'm crazy when I say that too.
You should change that as soon as you can. Itís a work of art.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 01-01-2019, 10:35 AM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 6,211
Default

Has anyone checked out Goblin Slayer or Hero Mask yet? Thinking of giving them a whirl and looking for opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 01-22-2019, 07:32 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 6,211
Default

Not many anime fans here I take it?

Just saw the trailer for Alita: Battle Angel and it got me nostalgic about the original OVAs. Planning on watching them tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 01-23-2019, 10:10 AM
KeyserSoze's Avatar
KeyserSoze KeyserSoze is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 368
Default

I've finished 7 deadly sins recently... I enjoyed it ... a lot. Nothing groundbreaking, but hell, the characters are well done and the action/humor is super
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 01-23-2019, 10:17 AM
DAVEFAN95's Avatar
DAVEFAN95 DAVEFAN95 is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,495
Default

Im currently watching Bleach. I've enjoyed it so far, but I feel like I'll never get to the end. Haven't quite got around to watchung the new season of Attack on Titan, but it's on my list.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 01-23-2019, 10:18 AM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 6,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze View Post
I've finished 7 deadly sins recently... I enjoyed it ... a lot. Nothing groundbreaking, but hell, the characters are well done and the action/humor is super
Absolutely adore Seven Deadly Sins. Can't wait for the next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEFAN95 View Post
Im currently watching Bleach. I've enjoyed it so far, but I feel like I'll never get to the end. Haven't quite got around to watchung the new season of Attack on Titan, but it's on my list.
Bleach is one I've wanted to tackle for quite a few years, but its so long. Between Dragon Ball shows and One Piece I don't know if I can handle another long anime.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 01-23-2019, 10:43 AM
DAVEFAN95's Avatar
DAVEFAN95 DAVEFAN95 is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Bleach is one I've wanted to tackle for quite a few years, but its so long. Between Dragon Ball shows and One Piece I don't know if I can handle another long anime.
I'd say watch season 1, it's a very good introductory season, my favourite season so far (season 2 and 3 have a lot more action but most of the characterisation is done in season 1, which i enjoyed a lot).
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 01-23-2019, 05:04 PM
Rone Rivendale's Avatar
Rone Rivendale Rone Rivendale is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kansas, USA
Posts: 549
Default

I've been watching One Piece in the original Japanese with subtitles. I've seen all the way to mid-Crocodile Arc before in English. But I want to watch it all in Japanese to see it uncensored. There's a lot of differences between the two.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Unread 01-23-2019, 07:48 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 6,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone Rivendale View Post
I've been watching One Piece in the original Japanese with subtitles. I've seen all the way to mid-Crocodile Arc before in English. But I want to watch it all in Japanese to see it uncensored. There's a lot of differences between the two.
The English that's available on Funimation is uncensored.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 01-23-2019, 10:31 PM
Wrestling Century's Avatar
Wrestling Century Wrestling Century is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the century of wrestling
Posts: 977
Default

Anybody see the new DBZ broly movie yet? I went with some friends and we all loved it, but we grew up with Dragon ball. Another moviegoer who was dragged there by his friends was baffled, and made that audibly clear at the end.

Last edited by Wrestling Century : 01-24-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 01-24-2019, 10:10 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 6,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Century View Post
Anybody see the new DBZ broly movie yet? I went with some friends and we all loved it, but we grew up with Dragon ball. Another moviegoer who was dragged there by his friends was baffled, and made that audibly clear at the end.
Just got home from seeing it. Loved it.

I’m thinking of starting the Fate series. What would be the best order to watch them in?

Last edited by Jaysin : 01-24-2019 at 11:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 10-01-2019, 06:05 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 6,211
Default

Started watching Elfen Lied and really enjoying it. Other than the naked 13 year old girl.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 10-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 6,211
Default

Finished Elfen Lied. Real good.

Started Goblin Slayer last night and Iím about halfway through it. Really enjoying it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.