Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-08-2010, 02:28 AM
Super Star

did anyone read that Goodell hasnt ruled out banning the three point stance?
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:39 AM
Low Minors

Being that I'm from Mississippi, the only team I've ever loved my whole life was the New Orleans Saints. This is truly a dream come true! I never thought this day would come. I've been a, shameful, Saints fan my whole life and I can finally lift my head high and say they are they best team in the league. The thing this forum is missing is how big this is for Saints fans, the city of New Orleans, for the NFL in general. Who Dat nation deserves this and New Orleans deserves this. The voodoo curse on the Saints has been lifted! Finally!
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:43 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grudge View Post
Being that I'm from Mississippi, the only team I've ever loved my whole life was the New Orleans Saints. This is truly a dream come true! I never thought this day would come. I've been a, shameful, Saints fan my whole life and I can finally lift my head high and say they are they best team in the league. The thing this forum is missing is how big this is for Saints fans, the city of New Orleans, for the NFL in general. Who Dat nation deserves this and New Orleans deserves this. The voodoo curse on the Saints has been lifted! Finally!
I am happy for the Sanits fans (all though the Who Dat Nation thing is a little annoying), like you said for years they have been the joke of the NFL. Well they are no longer a joke and that is great!

Now I wonder if the Billy Goat curse will be lifted from the Cubs...
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:45 AM
All Star

I was not rooting for the Saints tonight but I don't hate them and I enjoy New Orleons so I'm very happy for them.

The Who Dat thing is more than played out and can hopefully stop (although I fear it will only grow)
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:48 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stennick View Post
I was not rooting for the Saints tonight but I don't hate them and I enjoy New Orleons so I'm very happy for them.

The Who Dat thing is more than played out and can hopefully stop (although I fear it will only grow)
Yeah I hate how every team has a nation now (Who Dat Nation, Red Sox Nation, etc.).
Unread 02-08-2010, 06:01 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
Remianen what team did your dad play for?
Baltimore Colts, '54-57.
Unread 02-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stennick View Post
I dunno..."Who Let The Dogs Out" was in vogue in Baltimore the year the Ravens won the Super Bowl. The following year, it was all but forgotten around here. So it's hard to predict whether "Who Dat..." will be around in five years' time.
Unread 02-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowedFlames View Post
I dunno..."Who Let The Dogs Out" was in vogue in Baltimore the year the Ravens won the Super Bowl. The following year, it was all but forgotten around here. So it's hard to predict whether "Who Dat..." will be around in five years' time.
Hasn't "Who Dat..." been around for, well... decades?

It's just that the Saints are, for the first time, relevant enough that the rest of the world is aware of it.

EDIT: Yes, it would appear that the Saints officially adopted "Who Dat" back in 1983.

So I'll predict it: In five years, the chant that the Saints have used for the last quarter of a century will still be around.
Unread 02-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grudge View Post
Congrats to you and your Saints!

Now that your voodoo curse has been lifted could you please life the Vikings curse as well?

Lost 4 Super Bowls in the 70's(thank god I wasnt old enough to have watched any of these)
Lost their last 5 NFC Championship games(2 of them in OT and 1 on the final play of the game)

The game two weeks ago was heartbreaking but nothing compared to the 98 season when they were 15-1 and 17 point home favorites and LOST to the Falcons.
Unread 02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comradebot View Post
I'm sorry, it just annoys me to basically hear "They're old and I can't relate to them, we want MILEY CYRUS INSTEAD!!! RAAAWRRRR!!!" I
Miley Cyrus would have been teh ROXXORZ and don't you EVER say anything bad about my Miley

Anyway, I'm not saying that they HAVE to pick some modern crap flash-in-the-pan. But take Green Day for example. They have quite a long history of popular records and hits, they've recently had a big resurgance, but most importantly, they're still performing regularly* and they can still put on a show.

No offence to the Who. I liked them back when they weren't a bunch of senior citizens, but at least the lead singer needs to be replaced. No offence to him, but you can replace an old, beat up guitar, you can't replace old beat up vocal chords.

Now, I'm not anti-Who or pro-Who, I'm just pro-carrying a tune, and that was not managed very often last night.

*don't know for sure, don't really follow them...
Unread 02-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey_2005 View Post
Congrats to you and your Saints!

Now that your voodoo curse has been lifted could you please life the Vikings curse as well?

Lost 4 Super Bowls in the 70's(thank god I wasnt old enough to have watched any of these)
Lost their last 5 NFC Championship games(2 of them in OT and 1 on the final play of the game)

The game two weeks ago was heartbreaking but nothing compared to the 98 season when they were 15-1 and 17 point home favorites and LOST to the Falcons.
I'm glad you mentioned the Vikings! Because I can finally forgive them for beating the CRAP out of us that 98 season after we won our first playoff game in history. I think the score was somthing like 42-17 or some such. I guess while I'm at it I'll forgive the Bears for smashing my dreams in the NFC Championship game in 2006. Ah hell this changes everything for me! I don't have to hate all the teams that have kicked our ass for years and years anymore! awesome! And seriously.....Thanks for the congratulations, I know you've gotta feel like there is a score to settle here because you guys (vikings) definetly had the best team in football this year. And were my pick to win it all at the start of the post season.
Unread 02-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Low Minors

Nexts years super bowl: Who Dey vs Who Dat the game that will settle the war of the Fan Chants
Unread 02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
It's just that the Saints are, for the first time, relevant enough that the rest of the world is aware of it.

EDIT: Yes, it would appear that the Saints officially adopted "Who Dat" back in 1983.

So I'll predict it: In five years, the chant that the Saints have used for the last quarter of a century will still be around.
Yeah, it started at St. Augustine high school in New Orleans and it went from there to the LSU Tigers to the Saints.

Who dat! Who dat! Who dat say they gonna beat them saints! Who dat!

And if I hear one more analyst talk about us wearing bags on our heads i'm going to flip out. We haven't done that in 30 years!
Unread 02-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Low Minors

not true, there were a few fans in Mora's last saints years that wore bags. And we held on to that Aint's name for a while man. No more! Like the cajun cannon said after the game, "Who dat say they gonna beat em saints? Nobody! Nobody!" lol
Unread 02-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comradebot View Post
Hasn't "Who Dat..." been around for, well... decades?

Yeah I first heard it like, 20 some odd years ago. Its a cajun thing.