Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Minor League

I'll echo Wolf. I think the new format really makes the monthly events "pop" in a way that sets a really nice rhythm and pace for your storylines. You've got a solid wrestling show going, and storylines seem to naturally develop, in a way that things aren't predictable, but they're not out of the blue, either. I feel like you're hitting a real stride in your storytelling

Opening Match: ??? vs Cherry Bomb Shockwave Title match
I think Perez vs. Cherry is a money match for a midcard title, and a good way for CB to put over a younger talent as she nears the end of her career. So whoever Cherry selects, I think she manages to escape with title in hand.

Match 2: Etsuko Arihyoshi vs Maribel Mercado
Maribel probably needs the win more than Etsuko at this point. I think Etsuko puts up way, way more of a fight than Maribel expects, and the quest to impress Kass continues.

Match 3: Juana Huracán & Pamela Rojo vs Anderson & Snyder
If there's a wedge forming between members of the Jaguar Clan, a loss to the steady, if not spectacular, Anderson & Snyder would be another crack in the foundation.

Match 4: Teresa Perez & Gemmei Oonishi vs Special Edition
Ronin 3 is dangerous, but they're not built as an invincible force - particularly if Jillian Jarvis isn't in the match. Perez picks up a win and makes herself look like more of a threat to Cherry Bomb's championship.

Match 5: Higa vs Spectre
Higa isn't Spectre's main target, and I don't think she (kayfabe) brings quite the same intensity as she might otherwise. Which is not a good idea when taking on Higa.

Main Event: Guardians vs The Untouchables Tag Team Title match
Intriguing. Why run the same match twice, and so soon? I don't think you're getting cold feet on a Guardians tag team run yet. There's a possibility that Foxxy LaRue is signing with a bigger company, I suppose, but I don't think that's it. Maybe it's just a match you know you can count on to deliver in a weekly show main event?

Bonus Questions:
Who does Cherry Bomb picks as her next opponent?
Cherry picked a legit opponent last time. Now I think she pulls a Steph Blake and picks on Aguila Azul Celeste.

How many titles change hand?
It's good to change titles occasionally on a weekly show, but I don't think there's really a build for any titles changing hands. So I think we have zero changes this time out.

Tie Breaker: What’s the attendance? (Last time in the Mid West, QAW sold out the Starland Ballroom for a 2,200 gate. )
I'm guessing you're going for a larger venue? So I'll say 2,450.
Unread 06-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Phenom

The Wrestling Gazetteer

Army of One Event Review

Billy Barton

This is the event review for the Army of One show, Monday week 1 of December in Huntsville, Alabama. 2,753 people found their way to the Fairgrounds for the show. You can see that it was a smaller show from the number of big names getting the night off - no Paige Croft, no Chitose Ariwara, no Jillian Jarvis, to name three. But at the same time, we get Cherry Bomb’s fifth title defense and Guardians’ third.

/Billy Barton

Hannah Potter Cherry BombShockwave Champion 
Show opens in Hannah Potter’s office. Cherry Bomb is there with the GM, and the question of Cherry’s next opponent has just been broached when the door swings open and Ariel Breaks is there, alerting Hannah of a fight going on in the locker room, between Spectre and Higa. Running out to snuff out that fire, Hannah turns to Cherry and tells her, she picked a good opponent last week, so Hannah offers her to select her next opponent as well. She doesn’t stick around to hear Cherry’s choice, but we see Ariel standing there, and Cherry giving her a long look, then smiling to herself with the look of a fox left alone in the hen house..
Segment Rating: D+

Shockwave Championship

Cherry BombShockwave Champion
Ariel Breaks vs Cherry Bomb (c) Shockwave Title match
For a few moments, it looks like Ariel can actually hang with the Shockwave champion, deftly dodging big clotheslines as she runs the ropes and hitting Cherry with a couple of drop kicks, but she soon gets a reality check as Cherry’s hard hitting offense gets rolling, and when Ariel is hit with Cherry’s finisher the Cherry Bomb, Ariel’s already quite out of it, giving Cherry a convincing win.
Cherry Bomb wins by pinfall in 6:18
Match Rating: D+

Maribel Mercado Killer Kass 
Much like in the past, Maribel wants to show Killer Kass that she’s worthy of joining Bad Girls Inc, but Kass blows off Maribel. Once the match starts however, we still get a shot of Kass watching the match on a tv screen backstage with detached interest..
Segment Rating: D+

Etsuko ArihyoshiMaribel Mercado 
Etsuko Arihyoshi vs Maribel Mercado
Initially Maribel does well as it seems she has Etsuko’s number, but overconfidence leads to showboating, which allows Etsuko to catch her off guard and start a come back that culminates in a Canadian Destroyer that has Maribel out cold.
Etsuko Arihyoshi wins by pinfall in 8:59
Match Rating: D+

Pamela Rojo Juana Huracán Hannah Potter 
Pamela Rojo and Juana Huracán seeks out the GM Hannah Potter and informs her that they are forming a tag team together. Hannah ask them what they want. They shrug, saying all they want is to compete, so give them a strong opponent to test themselves against and show they should be in the title picture. Hannah agrees and books them to face Anderson & Snyder.
Segment Rating: C

Juana HuracánPamela RojoAva AndersonLily Snyder 
Juana Huracán & Pamela Rojo vs Anderson & Snyder
It’s hard fought match, Anderson & Snyder using every dirty trick in the tool box, but Juana and Pamela give almost as good as they take. Not cheating, but ruthless killer instinct. The match ends with Juana on the outside suplexing Lily Snyder into a crowd barrier, leaving Ava alone in the ring with Pamela Rojo who hits her running power bomb and covers Ava for the 1-2-3.
Pamela Rojo wins by pinfall in 9:49
Match Rating: C-

Hannah Potter Cherry BombShockwave Champion 
Backstage, Hannah Potter calls in Cherry Bomb to her office and berates her for her choice of opponent earlier during the night. Cherry defends her choice, pointing out Hannah gave no specifications about what kind of opponent to choose. Hannah then says it’s over with, Cherry choosing her own opponents. Instead she says, Capitano should be eager to get one back at Cherry after her betrayal back in September. Cherry does not look happy, though you can tell she’s not afraid of Capitano either.
Segment Rating: C-

Teresa PerezGemmei OonishiCharity SweetDeborah Young
Teresa Perez & Gemmei Oonishi vs Special Edition
By and large, Charity and Gemmei cancels out each other, as often providing high flying offense as ending up in terrible peril leaving Teresa Perez to face the towering Deborah Young. It looks like it can only go one way with the monster heel dominating the ring, but Teresa combines flashy offense with scrappy savviness which means it always feels like she has a shot - even when she’s being hoisted in the air for a power bomb - which is exactly what happens, only she attempts to counter into a hurricanrana which Young is able to resist with pure strength, but on the rebound she’s tricked thinking Teresa is trying to do the same thing again, but instead she’s spun off her feet into the Around the World armbar. Looking desperately to her ring corner for Charity to rescue her, there is nobody in sight as Gemmei and Charity has laid each other out on the outside, and Deborah taps out.
Teresa Perez wins by submission in 9:54
Match Rating: C-

BB: While Teresa and Gemmei never teamed as a tag team before, it was obvious how well well they gel together. If the Birds of Prey somehow doesn’t work out for Gemmei, this pairing could have a great future.

Talia QuinzelWorld Champion Claire Winters 
Talia Quinzel and Claire Winters take the ring in possession, Talia running down her opponents from last week, proclaiming this the era of the Untouchables. After a while of describing how great they are, Talia is interrupted by a music theme blasting out:

CapitanoTag Team Champion Foxxy LaRueTag Team Champion 
With the tag team titles on their shoulders, Capitano and Foxxy LaRue comes out. They give credit to Talia for the World title defense, but reminds them that as far as tag teams go, it’s been well established that the Untouchables are not in fact, untouchable. Talia and Claire gets angry and claim Capitano and Foxxy had the referee on their side, got lucky, any other excuse they can come up with. In the end, Capitano asks how many chances they need, and they agree to another title match, tonight.
Segment Rating: B-

HigaSpectre /w Dharma Gregg Killer Kass 
Higa vs Spectre /w Dharma Gregg & Killer Kass
What started out as an argument back stage turns into a scrappy grudge match where Spectre tries to put Higa in a submission hold and Higa tries to connect Spectre’s head with the ground. The big turn in the match happens when Dharma Gregg distracts the referee, allowing Killer Kass to briefly insert herself in the match, but Higa dodges the haymaker Kass aimed at her, having it hit Spectre instead. That allows Higa to hit Spectre cleanly with the Higa Green Driver and that’s good for the win.
Higa wins by pinfall in 16:11
Match Rating: C

CapitanoTag Team ChampionFoxxy LaRueTag Team Champion Talia QuinzelWorld ChampionClaire Winters Juana HuracánPamela Rojo
Guardians make their entrance and are on their way down the ramp when they’re attacked from behind by Talia Quinzel and Claire Winters. They start beating down on the champions, but are soon interrupted as Pamela Rojo and Juana Huracán run in and break up the fight. Capitano and Foxxy thank them, they shake hands, but it is clear from body language and facial expressions that Guerreros Azteca are very interested in the belts the Guardians are wearing.
Segment Rating: C

Tag Team ChampionshipTag Team Championship

CapitanoTag Team ChampionFoxxy LaRueTag Team ChampionTalia QuinzelWorld ChampionClaire Winters
Guardians (c) vs The Untouchables Tag Team Title match
The match plays surprisingly straight, Claire and Talia starting out hot, hoping to take advantage of the beating they gave Capitano and Foxxy before the match, doing their best to cut the ring in half but otherwise not a terrible lot of underhanded tactics. As the match goes on, the Guardians slowly work their way back into the match. Talia often looking dominant in the ring but Foxxy going toe to toe with her looks strong enough that the idea of a challenge for the world title does not seem completely unreasonable. In the end, Talia looks fed up of being mobbed by Capitano and Foxxy working so well in tandem that she tags in Claire and pretty much abandons her partner in the ring to her fate while Talia spends the last moments of the match berating front seat fans that has been booing her and Claire. Meanwhile, Claire has been hit by a sequence of big attacks from both Foxxy and Capitano, culminating with a Captain’s Order, and Capitano covers Claire for the pin.
Capitano wins by pinfall in 17:27
Match Rating: C+

Perhaps concerned that Talia might be out for blood, Capitano and Foxxy make a reasonably hasty retreat, celebrating their win on the way out.

Melody 
Left in the ring is the knocked down Claire, and a fuming Talia, when the big screen blinks on, and Melody appears, seemingly sitting in a booth in a bar somewhere. She asks if it isn’t time for Talia to focus on the title that she does hold instead of the one that got away. She’s beaten Claire, and now she wants a match against Talia.

Talia flat out refuses, but Hannah Potter comes out from backstage and says that with Melody’s track record in QAW and her strong performance last time out, she’ll be a good opponent for Talia’s next title defense, and the match is booked for Army of One two weeks from now, but already next week, they’ll meet, but in a tag team match.
Segment Rating: C+

Event Rating: C+ (67)

Last edited by Dr_Avalanche : 06-17-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Unread 06-18-2017, 02:51 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
I'll echo Wolf. I think the new format really makes the monthly events "pop" in a way that sets a really nice rhythm and pace for your storylines. You've got a solid wrestling show going, and storylines seem to naturally develop, in a way that things aren't predictable, but they're not out of the blue, either. I feel like you're hitting a real stride in your storytelling
Thank you very much! That means a lot. There was a mental hurdle I got over when I decided I would only write out the segments I really cared about. They will primarily happen at the monthly shows, but I think there will be one at a weekly show two weeks from now, if I remember correctly.

Opening Match: Ariel Breaks vs Cherry Bomb Shockwave Title match

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWolf101 View Post
So that was a suckers bet. Interesting that Cherry is getting outperformed recently. I wonder if she is starting her decline. Even so, I don't see her losing (I don't think Perez would cash in yet).
As far as I can tell, still no sign of decline. She even improved in some performance attributes recently. QAW just have a rockin’ good roster of wrestlers…

Maybe I should have had it as a bonus question whether Teresa cashed in her title match opportunity, but with her booked in another match already I thought it was fairly transparent that she wasn’t.

Quote:
I think Perez vs. Cherry is a money match for a midcard title, and a good way for CB to put over a younger talent as she nears the end of her career. So whoever Cherry selects, I think she manages to escape with title in hand.
I think you are at the very least partly correct. Cherry is very useful no matter what region we happen to be putting up shows in, and Teresa is a show stopper.

Match 2: Etsuko Arihyoshi vs Maribel Mercado
Quote:
Kass is not impressed.
No. No, she’s not.

Quote:
Maribel probably needs the win more than Etsuko at this point. I think Etsuko puts up way, way more of a fight than Maribel expects, and the quest to impress Kass continues.
*sigh*, Maribel has a bright future, but the card is so stacked. A win would have made sense, but I think Etsuko is more important to me, despite the lack of a storyline. Maribel will just have to keep chasing that big win.

Match 3: Juana Huracán & Pamela Rojo vs Anderson & Snyder
Quote:
I'm liking how this story is building, and this would be a good follow up. I'm trying to figure out who Anderson & Snyder remind me of, as a team that is always a threat no matter how much they lose.
It’s not a one to one match, but in my mind they’re a bit Gallows & Anderson minus the toilet humour. I feel I could start giving them a push at any time and their wins would feel believable.

Quote:
If there's a wedge forming between members of the Jaguar Clan, a loss to the steady, if not spectacular, Anderson & Snyder would be another crack in the foundation.
The Jaguar Clan is changing, but maybe not the way it seemed before this week’s show.

What I *kind of* regret is that they didn’t lose the previous match against Anderson & Snyder, but what’s done is done.

Match 4: Teresa Perez & Gemmei Oonishi vs Special Edition
Quote:
So of course the one time I go against my Teresa fandom it comes back to bite me. If Perez is going to go against Cherry at some point, she needs some momentum back, so even though they are not a named team, I'll go with Birds of a Feather.
Alright, I give. If Higa and Gemmei are Birds of Prey, Teresa and Gemmei are Birds of a Feather. It’s a kind of symmetry I like. I really like Teresa as a singles competitor, it’s a little troublesome how good chemistry she has tag teaming with all kinds of people. It makes it tempting to keep her in these tag teams.

Quote:
Ronin 3 is dangerous, but they're not built as an invincible force - particularly if Jillian Jarvis isn't in the match. Perez picks up a win and makes herself look like more of a threat to Cherry Bomb's championship.
Ronin 3 might be changing too. It’s true though. Like Anderson & Snyder, Special Edition has kind of turned into midcard gatekeepers. You both pin pointed exactly what this match was all about. Reminding that Teresa is a class performer, when pushed a border line main eventer.

Match 5: Higa vs Spectre
Quote:
I have no confidence in this pick. If the show was in the Mid South, no way I could see Spectre winning. I don't even know if Higa would agree to lose this match. At the same time, what a better way to cement Spectre as a threat than have her topple Higa.
There was a bit too big difference in status between the two. Had I let Spectre go over, there would have been a one woman riot. I think if I had done this match in more long form, it would have looked clearer that this was the start of a new feud/fascination for Spectre as she kind of moves on from Capitano, at least for the time being.

Quote:
Higa isn't Spectre's main target, and I don't think she (kayfabe) brings quite the same intensity as she might otherwise. Which is not a good idea when taking on Higa.
She is now. From a booking perspective, Capitano simply had too much to do, and Higa gets to pick up the baton. There is a kayfabe reason for it, which I hope I’ll be able to show eventually.

Main Event: Guardians vs The Untouchables Tag Team Title match
Quote:
For whatever reason? That's either very meta or there's something going down at the next show. This realy could go either way, and though you are striving to get more clean finishes, I'm thinking something weird happens here.
Quote:
Intriguing. Why run the same match twice, and so soon? I don't think you're getting cold feet on a Guardians tag team run yet. There's a possibility that Foxxy LaRue is signing with a bigger company, I suppose, but I don't think that's it. Maybe it's just a match you know you can count on to deliver in a weekly show main event?
It was very meta. While booking this show the game crashed for me, I used the recovery function, booked the show again, and somehow got a bit confused where I was in certain storylines which meant we got Guardians vs the Untouchables Part 2 (and Huracán & Rojo vs Anderson & Snyder Part 2). I think I was able to explain the existence of those matches reasonably well, but it was a pure mistake.

Kayfabe I justify it as being practically a house show with a couple of matches they had performed well just two weeks earlier, so it was “safe” booking.

Bonus Questions:

1. Who does Cherry Bomb picks as her next opponent?

Quote:
Ariel Breaks, because heels don't stay honorable for long.
In the head of Cherry Bomb.

Quote:
Cherry picked a legit opponent last time. Now I think she pulls a Steph Blake and picks on Aguila Azul Celeste.
Exactly correct reasoning, wrong target, but AAC would also have been a good choice.

2. How many titles change hand?

Quote:
Huh, I'm going to say none, but why do I have a sneaking suspicion that you wouldn't ask unless there was going to be one.
Nah, I ask that all the time so I can surprise you a little the day there is one.

Quote:
It's good to change titles occasionally on a weekly show, but I don't think there's really a build for any titles changing hands. So I think we have zero changes this time out.
I have a set of guiding principles that has sort of grown over time. The World title is primarily and almost always defended on the big PPVs and often once between those at one of the weekly shows, but more than two defenses per month is rare. All the other belts are up whenever I feel like it and can potentially change hands whenever. There is sort of an inofficial third tier of shows. Beside the events, there are first the weekly shows at home in the Mid South, and then there are the weekly shows on tour. I think there is a falling scale of likelihood of a title change between these tiers, but I never want to say never, or the title matches become too predictable.

Tie Breaker: What’s the attendance? (Last time in the Mid West, QAW sold out the Starland Ballroom for a 2,200 gate. )

Quote:
Seems like either the economy or the industry is in decline in the US (maybe both) but I'll still say 2,400.
Correct. They are both in sharp decline (though still not in terrible shape - economy is at a C-, wrestling industry a B-)

Prediction Results:

MrWolf101: 5/6 matches, 2/2 bonus points
kingjames: 4/6 matches, 1/2 bonus points

Congrats to MrWolf101. I have a small prize for you I'll PM shortly.

Card for Army of One Week 2 December

Held at the Ranch of San Antonio

Pre-show Match 1: Bessie Psycho vs Jillian Jarvis
Pre-show Match 2: Thea Davis vs Lucy Trigg
Pre-show Match 3: Águila Azul Celeste vs Jaguar Queen

Opening Match: Ariel Breaks vs Charity Sweet /w Deborah Young

Ariel seems particularly easy to pick on, and Ronin 3 likes to pick on people. But is a crack starting to show in the Ronin 3?

Match 2: Chitose Ariwara, Etsuko Arihyoshi & Maria Guest © vs The Franchise Players Shockwave Trios title match

An even month after losing the trios titles, the Franchise Players finally get their rematch against Chitose’s fox squad.

Match 3: Birds of Prey vs Guerreros Azteca (Rojo & Huracán) vs Top Dogs Tag Team 3-way Top Contender match

The Untouchables thoroughly defeated, it is time to select a new challenger for the tag team straps.

Match 4: Capitano vs Cherry Bomb Shockwave Title match

Maybe Cherry Bomb’s toughest opponent yet, and the one most emotionally invested. But will Teresa Perez use her option to insert herself in the match? Or even replace Capitano?

Main Event: Melody & ??? vs The Untouchables

For the first time, Melody faces off with Talia in the ring, one week before their World title match. All she has to do is find someone willing to team up with her against the destructive Untouchables.

Bonus Questions:
  • Who is Shockwave Champion after the show?
  • Who teams up with Melody? (It’s someone currently on the roster)

Tie Breaker: What’s the Attendance (Last time in the Mid South attendance was 8,886)

Last edited by Dr_Avalanche : 06-18-2017 at 04:33 AM.
Unread 06-18-2017, 11:45 PM
Phenom

Good to hear that Cherry isn't in decline. I think by this time in my game she was already sub-40 in stamina, so definitely a better destiny roll here. She is a legtimizing force, even when outperformed, though I'm sure the latter says more about her opponent than her.

I guess there are worse fates for Teresa than being someone that people have great tag team chemistry with. After all, it allows you to keep her in different feuds when you don't have anything for her on the singles scene. Plus, who knows, she could catch fire in one of those tag feuds and that will help you launch her to a World title reign (I can dream I know ).

I can see what you mean by Anderson & Snyder reminding you of Anderson & Gallows. It's probably the best current comparison that can be made, but at least neither Anderson nor Snyder have to go bald to be legit.

Pre-show Match 1: Bessie Psycho vs Jillian Jarvis
At least Bessie will still have a great name after Jarvis hurts her.
Pre-show Match 2: Thea Davis vs Lucy Trigg
Thea gets a win! I'm interested to see how both of your new signing fair since they appear to be randomly generated.
Pre-show Match 3: Águila Azul Celeste vs Jaguar Queen
I feel like this is a bit of trolling here. What happens when a stoppable force meets a moveable object? Really just picking off of personal preference. I believe Celeste has more to offer, though storylines seem to dictate that Jaguar Queen needs the win.

Opening Match: Ariel Breaks vs Charity Sweet /w Deborah Young

This was actually a little tough for me to pick, but I think Ariel will be in building mode for quite awhile. Meanwhile, Charity gets an opportunity to see what she can do in singles competition.

Match 2: Chitose Ariwara, Etsuko Arihyoshi & Maria Guest © vs The Franchise Players Shockwave Trios title match

Enough time has past since the the champs won the Trios titles, so it wouldn't feel strange for the Franchise Players to win the titles back here, but I'll say no title change quite yet.

Match 3: Birds of Prey vs Guerreros Azteca (Rojo & Huracán) vs Top Dogs Tag Team 3-way Top Contender match

Ah! Honestly, I had each team as my pick at some point. Each can make a case for having a good feud with the Guardians, but I feel like Top Dogs are the most natural feud for the champions. Rojo & Huracán might remain in the mix somehow though.

Match 4: Capitano vs Cherry Bomb Shockwave Title match

Perez's option looms over this, but I don't think she is ready to cash in yet. Maybe she watches the match from the front row, only to have Cherry Bomb put on an impressive display in beating Capitano.

Main Event: Melody & ??? vs The Untouchables

Creative control makes me think Melody isn't losing this one. I think Talia ultimately comes out on top in this feud, but Melody can stagger her way to victory in this one to build some heat for the eventual blow off match. Interesting with Talia abandoning Claire during the last show, though I'm not sure if Claire will look for revenge quite yet.

Bonus Questions:

Who is Shockwave Champion after the show? Ah, Perez has the briefcase, and I don't think you would restrict yourself to having the title switch on a PPV-like event. Still, Cherry Bomb is walking out Shockwave champ.
Who teams up with Melody? (It’s someone currently on the roster) I was going to say Lauren Easter until you said it was some on the roster. Chitose seems to be the best fit, but I'll go a little out of left field and say Paige Croft, thinking you are planting the seeds for a Talia vs Paige feud down the road.

Tie Breaker: What’s the Attendance (Last time in the Mid South attendance was 8,886) Even with the decline in industry/economy, your shows are strong, so I'll go 8,900.
Unread 06-20-2017, 02:10 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Pamela Rojo wins by pinfall in 9:49
Unread 06-20-2017, 02:41 PM
Phenom

So, reading a bit between the lines it sounds like you like Pamela Rojo a bit, yeah?

I'm going on vacation for a couple of weeks, leaving on Thursday. I *think* that's too early to get another update out the door so the diary is likely to see a bit of downtime. Though you never know. Last time I was on vacation I spent the whole time just writing.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you want to be sure to get in on the prediction contest don't linger, but at the same time be prepared updates might be a while.