Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
Yup I'm all in!!! Glad you recharged your batteries!!!
How TFC got his groove back
Unread 12-12-2016, 03:03 PM
All Star

Default March and April 2001: Preparing for Rebirth

The previous regime already had a blueprint ready to go for the final Nitro on TNT, titled 'The Night of Champions', and I left those plans largely in place. The only significant change I made was to drop the Cruiserweight tag team title match from the show. I made the call to eliminate that division entirely. I appreciate the different flavor the cruiserweight division can bring and hope to rebuild it to its former glory, but we barely have enough quality teams to support our standard tag division, much less an additional one that comes with weight restrictions.

I've made it clear to my assembled team of advisers that we're going to be shifting how we present things from bell to bell. We're going to adopt more of a back to basics approach to our in-ring product and present it as a more realistic, pure style of wrestling. There will still be room for our aerial wrestlers to do their thing, but guys with subpar skills who try to skate by on popularity and charisma are likely going to suffer. The new WCW will focus more on in-ring performance than popularity. As I see it, Vince offers the sizzle--we'll offer the steak.

After the final Nitro of the Turner era on March 26th, we set a target date of April 30th to return to the air. The following month was spent almost exclusively in negotiations with a series of broadcasters from all around the globe. It was a very productive month. We secured coverage for not only Nitro but also our monthly PPV events in nearly every area we set our sights on. The only major area that we could not find a suitable partner for was my home of Canada, ironically enough. Hopefully we'll be able to figure something out there soon enough, but for now I'm pleased with what we've been able to put together.

One benefit I hadn't anticipated came about because most WCW employees were actually contracted to Turner itself rather than WCW. Because of that I was under no obligation to take on the contract of anyone I didn't want, which meant that the likes of Nash and Sid were left in the dust where they belong.

With my eye on the future, I intend to bring in plenty of new blood very soon. Some will pop up on our programming right away, while others will be sent to our partner NWA: Wildside for more seasoning first. Because we rightly prioritized negotiating with broadcasters first, no new talent will be signed and ready to go when Nitro premieres on FX and various international stations, but I do have some feelers out there.

This is how our roster looks heading into our grand relaunch:

Hall of Champions:

World Heavyweight Champion:

Booker T (4th reign)

Won: March 26th, 2001 from Scott Steiner on WCW Monday Nitro

Previous Champions (since March 2001):
None

United States Heavyweight Champion:

Booker T

Won: March 18th, 2001 from Rick Steiner at WCW Greed

None

Cruiserweight Champion:

"Sugar" Shane Helms

Won: March 18th, 2001 from Chavo Guerrero Jr. at WCW Greed

None

World Tag Team Champions:

The Natural Born Thrillers (Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire) (4th reign for Palumbo, 3rd for O'Haire, 1st as a team)

Won: January 14th, 2001 from Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page at WCW Sin

None

Roster Breakdown:

Quote:
Main Event:
Booker T (World Heavyweight Champion and United States Heavyweight Champion)
Diamond Dallas Page
Dustin Rhodes
Sting

Buff Bagwell
Jeff Jarrett
Kanyon
Lex Luger
Ric Flair
Rick Steiner
Scott Steiner
Quote:
Upper Midcard:
Alex Wright
Bam Bam Bigelow
Chuck Palumbo (World Tag Team Champion)
Hugh Morrus
Konnan
Sean O'Haire (World Tag Team Champion)

Lance Storm
Mike Awesome
Road Warrior Animal
Shane Douglas
Quote:
Midcard:
Big Vito
Billy Kidman
Ernest Miller
Johnny the Bull
Kaz Hayashi
Norman Smiley
Rey Misterio Jr.
Shane Helms (Cruiserweight Champion)
Yang

Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Disco Inferno
Fit Finlay
Mark Jindrak
Mike Sanders
Shawn Stasiak
Quote:
Lower Midcard:
Jamie Knoble
Jason Jett
M.I. Smooth

Alan Funk
Elix Skipper
Evan Karagis
Kid Romeo
Shannon Moore
Quote:
Opener:
Air Paris
AJ Styles
Lash Leroux

Cash
Reno
Quote:
Enhancement Talent:
Chris Harris
James Storm
Johnny Swinger
Quote:
Occasional Wrestler:
Jim Duggan
Quote:
Manager:
Miss Jones
Torrie Wilson

Midajah
Stacy Keibler
Quote:
Announcer:
Mike Tenay
Quote:
Color Commentator:
Bret Hart
Stevie Ray

Bobby Heenan
Quote:
Road Agent:
Arn Anderson
Dusty Rhodes
Quote:
Personality:
Gene Okerlund
Quote:
Out Injured:
Booker T
Brian Adams
Bryan Clark
Vampiro
Hell Raiser (Rehab)
Quote:
In Developmental::
David Flair
Quote:
Creative Meeting:

Franchise Players:
1. Sting
2. Ric Flair
3. Diamond Dallas Page
4. Booker T
5. Scott Steiner

Next Big Things:
1. AJ Styles
2. Johnny Swinger

Hot Prospects:
1. Rey Misterio Jr.
2. AJ Styles
3. Johnny the Bull
4. Mark Jindrak
5. Yang

Talk the Talk:
1. Ric Flair
2. Dusty Rhodes
3. Diamond Dallas Page
4. Sting
5. Booker T

Show Stoppers:
1. Rey Misterio Jr.
2. Ric Flair
3. Booker T
4. Sting
5. Scott Steiner

Ring Generals:
1. Ric Flair
2. Rey Misterio Jr.
3. Lance Storm
4. Fit Finlay
5. Sting

Who's Hot:
1. Booker T
2. Shane Helms
3. Diamond Dallas Page
4. Scott Steiner
5. Chuck Palumbo

Who's Not:
1. Shannon Moore
2. Johnny the Bull
3. Alex Wright
4. Road Warrior Animal
5. Norman Smiley

Time Decline:
1. Ric Flair
2. Lex Luger
3. Jim Duggan
4. Sting
5. Diamond Dallas Page

Hidden Gems:
1. CM Punk
2. John Cena
3. Nova
4. Ken Anderson
5. Steve Corino

Wow, I'm blown away by all of the comments already! Especially considering all I'd done was post a short introduction. Hopefully I can meet your expectations (and mine.)

I'll be trying something a little different here, specifically with regards to how I present TV shows. Rather than post a write-up of each week of TV as it happens, I'm going to use a single post to recap the major events and storylines that lead into the PPV, with a very bare-bones presentation of the results from the actual shows below that. When I say bare-bones, I mean like a single sentence for each segment; not much more detail than you'd get from reading in-game results from an AI company. The PPVs themselves will get a full writeup, with detailed descriptions and pictures and all that jazz. We'll see how it goes, but I'm hoping it'll work out well.

Last edited by The Final Countdown : 07-19-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Unread 12-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Phenom

Location: The last house down on the left, right near the other other street.

I was excited, on the inside and out, when I seen that you commented. I like the way you're going through with focusing more on the talent than the pop. And I also like the way you'll be presenting your shows, seems more easier for the writer and the reader. Looking forward to it!
Unread 12-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Living Legend

Johnny Swinger moonpush or we riot.
Unread 12-12-2016, 05:29 PM

OH GOD, YOU'VE RETURNED!!!! And as much as I shouldn't, I'm gonna be comparing this to WCW Empire. Please prove me wrong to doubt.
Unread 12-12-2016, 06:09 PM
All Star

Quote:
Next Big Things:
1. AJ Styles
2. Johnny Swinger
Who is Johnny Swinger???? AJ is not surprising! You have a pretty good foundation for the future if you book correctly.

Quote:
Time Decline:
1. Ric Flair
2. Lex Luger
3. Jim Duggan
4. Sting
5. Diamond Dallas Page

That sucks that Sting and Flair is on that list since they didn't hit that list in RL till around the mid to late 2000's. All these men will be great for training the midcard though.

Quote:
Hidden Gems:
1. CM Punk
2. John Cena
3. Nova
4. Ken Anderson
5. Steve Corino

Oh that hidden gem list is insane! There is already 3 (possibly 4) future main eventers right there!

One more question I noticed that Bill Goldberg wasn't on your roster? Did he get the Axe? Also why is Booker T injured?
Unread 12-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Super Star

subscribing it up so i dont miss anything :3
Unread 12-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Super Star

TFC:
Quote:
There will still be room for our aerial wrestlers to do their thing, but guys with subpar skills who try to skate by on popularity and charisma are likely going to suffer.
K-Nection
Quote:
One more question I noticed that Bill Goldberg wasn't on your roster? Did he get the Axe? Also why is Booker T injured?
Does this answer your question? Goldberg couldn't wrestle out of a wet paper bag.

This is going to be great though the top of your card is a lot of no wrestling ability all pop/charisma so the match grades may be a little poor starting off. I'd be signing 4 of the 5 off your Hidden Gems list right away (Anderson is typically a wretched personality so given that locker room, probably not worth it). And I agree that Flair and Sting really shouldn't be on this list unless they're right at the start. Duggan and Luger though should be way, way, way over the hill. DDP is probably at the right spot as he's old as hell at this point (mid-40's). Upper Mids look good though. Can't wait to see how soon you send Ol' Slap Nuts JJ out of here.
Unread 12-12-2016, 09:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Countdown View Post
Wow, I'm blown away by all of the comments already! Especially considering all I'd done was post a short introduction. Hopefully I can meet your expectations (and mine.)

I'll be trying something a little different here, specifically with regards to how I present TV shows. Rather than post a write-up of each week of TV as it happens, I'm going to use a single post to recap the major events and storylines that lead into the PPV, with a very bare-bones presentation of the results from the actual shows below that. When I say bare-bones, I mean like a single sentence for each segment; not much more detail than you'd get from reading in-game results from an AI company. The PPVs themselves will get a full writeup, with detailed descriptions and pictures and all that jazz. We'll see how it goes, but I'm hoping it'll work out well.
Held off commenting to let you finish the introduction, but I'm hooked already. (Though I guess "Hart and Soul" was a little too on the nose, huh?)

The monthly write-up instead of weekly shows was actually something I was also considering for my game. I just couldn't get the formatting done the way I wanted. So don't be surprised if I steal some of it from you LOL

1. So Bret's totally hands-off on the day-to-day stuff? He's not an agent or anything?

2. I wasn't watching WCW back then, but Dustin Rhodes was a main eventer there? Wasn't he Goldust around this time frame?
EDIT: NVM, looked it up and saw that he did return to WCW before Vince-- er, Bret bought them out
Unread 12-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Who is Johnny Swinger???? AJ is not surprising! You have a pretty good foundation for the future if you book correctly.
Was in ECW, TNA didn't do much but team with Simon Diamond

Quote:
Bill Is still under Turners Contract and won't wrestler till it expires like he did in RL
Booker T has a injured shoulder not sure how he got it though
Unread 12-13-2016, 04:14 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr24 View Post
Was in ECW, TNA didn't do much but team with Simon Diamond

Bill Is still under Turners Contract and won't wrestler till it expires like he did in RL
Booker T has a injured shoulder not sure how he got it though
That injury is going to be huge for TFC -- how do book around not having your world champion and top guy on reboot nitro?

Last edited by KnowYourEnemy : 12-13-2016 at 04:21 AM.
Unread 12-13-2016, 06:42 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowYourEnemy View Post
That injury is going to be huge for TFC -- how do book around not having your world champion and top guy on reboot nitro?
Im pretty sure he can still be used for angles and the injury isn't that long that tfc needs to worry about it

Wheres Tony Schiavone didnt see him on the announce team
Also bring back Berlyn
Unread 12-13-2016, 08:11 PM
All Star

Default May 2001: Road to The Big Bang

Our grand relaunch was a go. Not only did we have our big return to television on April 30th, but the first PPV under my ownership, The Big Bang, was locked in for thirteen days later. All in all, I thought we were as prepared as we could be for our reopening.

There was just one problem. The World Heavyweight Champion was injured.

Booker T beat Scott Steiner on the final Nitro under Turner to win the World Heavyweight title but hurt his shoulder in the process. Our medical staff assured me that it was not an injury that would require surgery, but he still needed some time to recuperate. I was hopeful that he'd be okay to go by the time we relaunched, but days before the first Nitro our doctors estimated he would still be out for another month or so. This left me in a dilemma: did I keep Booker as champion and go without a world title match on our first PPV, or vacate the title and use the Big Bang to crown a new champion?

I ultimately decided to keep Booker as champion once our doctors assured me he'd be ready to go in plenty of time for our second PPV, the Great American Bash. In the meantime former champion Scott Steiner got to continue the feud by insisting that Booker was faking the injury just so he could get out of the rematch he was owed. When Arn Anderson was appointed as our new commissioner on the May 7th Nitro, Steiner confronted him and demanded that Booker T be stripped of the title so it could be given to the rightful champion. Hugh Morrus and Konnan came to Double A's defense, setting off a brawl with the Steiners that led us to a tag team match at The Big Bang.

Even if Booker hadn't been hurt, I was still going to have him vacate the United States title. Much of our first two Nitros were dedicated to the first two rounds of an eight man tournament to crown a new champion. Rey Misterio Jr. and Lance Storm found their way into the finals, and I think the two of them should put on a great match at Big Bang. We also used the tournament to set up another PPV match, as Shane Douglas complained of an alleged fast count in his first round loss to Dustin Rhodes, then turned around the next week and cost Rhodes his Semifinal match with Storm.

Chavo Guerrero Jr. felt he deserved one more shot at Shane Helms's Cruiserweight title, and after beating Billy Kidman on May 7th he'll get that shot.

At the last PPV of the Turner era, Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire squashed Totally Buffed in under a minute. I used that as fodder for a story here, as Luger and Bagwell were embarrassed and attacked the Thrillers following a successful title defense on the first Nitro. They look to erase the embarrassment in a return title match on the PPV.

DDP was thrilled about the new era of WCW, but one man who wasn't happy to see HIM there was Kanyon. Kanyon called DDP a relic of the past, someone who belonged to the previous era and should have stayed there. He'll try to prove DDP's time is past at the Big Bang, but one Diamond Cutter could spell differently.

We haven't built this match at all, but Alex Wright vs. Fit Finlay will also be on the card. Hopefully the action will make up for the lack of hype.

Oh, and there's also a little match involving a couple of guys named Sting and Ric Flair. Sting was out to close the first Nitro, thanking the fans for always believing in WCW and promising that we'd be better than ever, but Flair had other ideas. He said he couldn't stand the thought that the last Nitro of the Turner era ended with him being defeated by Sting. He'd heard people call Sting the icon, the franchise player of WCW, and it made him sick. There was only one franchise of WCW, and his name was Ric Flair! That was how we got to the most star-studded match on the PPV. I initially envisioned it as the main event of the Big Bang in lieu of a world title match, but the quality of matches both Misterio and Storm produced on the first two Nitros has me considering putting them in the feature bout instead. That truly would ring in a new era, one based more on your ability in the ring than your name value. I'll probably continue to mull over this decision until right before showtime.

Quote:

April 30th, 2001

From Knott Arena in Emmitsburg, Maryland

Attendance: 2,856

Announce Team: "The Professor" Mike Tenay and Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Tenay and I welcome everyone to the new era of WCW, announce a tournament for the vacant United States title beginning tonight. (C)

Scott Steiner says Booker is faking an injury because he's afraid to give him his rematch; WCW should hand him the title. Booker: "I can't wait to heal up so I can shut your mouth, sucka!" (A)

US Title Tournament, Opening Round: Lance Storm outwrestles the larger Bam Bam Bigelow. (B-)

Konnan/Hugh Morrus vignette; call themselves the leaders of the locker room. (C)

US Title Tournament, Opening Round: Despite some prolonged dominance from Shane Douglas, Dustin Rhodes pins him with a quick cradle. (B-)

Chavo Guerrero interview: "I deserve one more rematch with Shane Helms!" (D)

Shane Douglas complains of a fast count to Mean Gene, says he should be competing in the tournament semifinals next week. (D+)

World Tag Team Championship: The Natural Born Thrillers retain over Mark Jindrak and Shawn Stasiak (w/Stacy Keibler.) (C)

Keibler gives Stasiak the cold shoulder after the match. (C+)

Victorious O'Haire and Palumbo are attacked from behind and laid out by Totally Buffed. (C)

US Title Tournament, Opening Round: In a battle of world-travelled veterans, Fit Finlay advanced over Norman Smiley. (B-)

DDP tells Mean Gene he's excited for the new era of WCW; Kanyon interrupts, says DDP belongs in the past and should have stayed there. (C+)

Ernest Miller (w/Miss Jones) may think he's the greatest, but he was no match for the power of Mike Awesome in the ring tonight. (C+)

Jeff Jarrett calls the intelligence of the new management into question: "Why am I not in the US title tournament? Why am I not in the main event of this show, where I belong?" (C)

US Title Tournament, Opening Round: He gave up plenty of size, but that didn't stop Rey Misterio Jr. from soaring past Rick Steiner into the Semifinal round. (B)

Sting thanks the fans for showing up, promises WCW will be better than ever; Ric Flair comes out uninvited, says that his loss in final match of the Turner era is eating him up. He wants to prove he's the true icon of WCW by beating Sting at The Big Bang! (A)

Show Grade: B+
Quote:

May 7th, 2001

From the Levien Gymnasium in New York City

Attendance: 3,092

Announce Team: "The Professor" Mike Tenay and Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Arn Anderson introduced as new WCW Commissioner; he promises to lay down the law just like he did for all those years as the Enforcer. (C)

Billy Kidman had a chance to earn a Cruiserweight title match with the champ himself watching from the announce table, but Chavo Guerrero Jr. cradled him after a missed Shooting Star Press to secure one more shot at Shane Helms. (C+)

Bobby Heenan interviews Natural Born Thrillers: "We'll dominate Totally Buffed at The Big Bang just like we did at Greed!" (C)

Mike Awesome demolished Tito Santana in a one-sided match. (C-)

Jeff Jarrett barges into Arn's office: "Give me a match at The Big Bang, or else!" (C+)

Shawn Stasiak did his best to impress Stacy Keibler, but he was forced to submit by Norman Smiley. (C-)

A disgusted Keibler tells Stasiak she doesn't waste her time on losers, walks away despite his pleas. (D+)

Diamond Dallas Page made quick work of Johnny Swinger with the Diamond Cutter. (C-)

Kanyon interrupts DDP's celebration: "Your time is over, and I'll prove it at The Big Bang!" (B)

US Title Tournament, Semifinal Round: In a battle between the aerial artistry of Rey Misterio Jr. and the ground and pound of Fit Finlay, it was Rey who soared to victory with a Springboard Hurricanrana. (B)

With brother Rick in tow, Scott Steiner berates Arn Anderson and demands he be given the world title since Booker T's too scared to fight him; Hugh Morrus and Konnan intervene, leading to a brawl between the teams. (B-)

US Title Tournament, Semifinal Round: We will unfortunately never know who should have won between Dustin Rhodes and Lance Storm, because a vengeful Shane Douglas interfered when the ref's back was turned and handed the win to Storm. (B)

Booker T pre-taped promo, says he'll be at The Big Bang to present the belt to the new United States Champion. (B+)

Alex Wright was game, but one mistimed move was all it took for Ric Flair to trap him in the Figure Four for the submission. (C+)

Flair on the microphone after the match: "I'm the icon of WCW, Sting!" Sting steps out into the aisle: "Beating you up is my favorite pastime, Nature Boy, and I'll be happy to do it one more time!" (B+)

Show Grade: B-

Last edited by The Final Countdown : 07-19-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Unread 12-13-2016, 08:18 PM
All Star

((Make sure to read the post right above this one; I've posted the TV summary and prediction key back to back. This is probably how I'll continue to do it going forward.))

Quote:

Fan Scorecard:

United States Heavyweight Championship Tournament Finals: Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Lance Storm
World Tag Team Championship: Totally Buffed vs. Natural Born Thrillers {}
Cruiserweight Championship: Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Shane Helms {}
Sting vs. Ric Flair
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Kanyon
Dustin Rhodes vs. Shane Douglas
Hugh Morrus and Konnan vs. The Steiner Brothers
Alex Wright vs. Fit Finlay

What will be match of the night?
There will be two new signings making their first appearances on this show. Name them. (1 point each)

So after going in and writing the in character summary of the storylines just now, I'm wondering whether it's even necessary. Should I continue to write those in the future, or would the TV results suffice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRomanini View Post

It's happening.
The look on JBL's face is hilarious. "What the hell's he so excited about, Maggle?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderz View Post
I briefly considered titling the thread "Vince Screwed Vince", but it seemed a little gimmicky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowYourEnemy View Post
I'm looking forward to this quite a bit --- that being said, I'm going to be mildly disappointed if there aren't some callbacks to Stampede in your write-ups. Not sure at this point who's still kicking from the old guard and who's already debuted from the new guard.

I'm fairly certain Teddy is active at this point. Not sure who else is out there.
I was both too young and didn't have access to Stampede, so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to do that. I will say that I'm making an effort to sign people that I think Bret would logically target. All of his remaining brothers only work in Canada and thus aren't available for me to sign, but if you think there's someone out there with an obvious connection that I can bring in, let me know. Teddy had slipped my mind until I read this, so thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sweet View Post
I was excited, on the inside and out, when I seen that you commented. I like the way you're going through with focusing more on the talent than the pop. And I also like the way you'll be presenting your shows, seems more easier for the writer and the reader. Looking forward to it!
It was definitely much easier to put together than I'm used to! I think one added benefit to this style is that I'll be able to progress more quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHero View Post
Johnny Swinger moonpush or we riot.
...If you say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldandythedoubter View Post
OH GOD, YOU'VE RETURNED!!!! And as much as I shouldn't, I'm gonna be comparing this to WCW Empire. Please prove me wrong to doubt.
Who are you to doubt, eldandy? (I swear you lobbed that one to me on purpose.)

I either wasn't aware of or had forgotten about Empire until I searched for it after reading your post, so any similarities are coincidental. (I'm assuming you're talking about the work of Bigpapa42.)

Quote:
Oh that hidden gem list is insane! There is already 3 (possibly 4) future main eventers right there!
Yeah, I know none of us can wait for the world title push of Nova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartman View Post
This is going to be great though the top of your card is a lot of no wrestling ability all pop/charisma so the match grades may be a little poor starting off. I'd be signing 4 of the 5 off your Hidden Gems list right away (Anderson is typically a wretched personality so given that locker room, probably not worth it). And I agree that Flair and Sting really shouldn't be on this list unless they're right at the start. Duggan and Luger though should be way, way, way over the hill. DDP is probably at the right spot as he's old as hell at this point (mid-40's). Upper Mids look good though. Can't wait to see how soon you send Ol' Slap Nuts JJ out of here.
That's exactly why I'm so strongly considering putting Rey and Lance in the main event. They never in a million years would've headlined over Sting and Flair in actual WCW, but based on my product maybe they should here. It also really would feel like a seismic shift away from the old way of doing things.

I've already targeted and signed at least one guy off of the original Hidden Gems list, but not all 5 (or 4 out of 5.) I'll leave it to you to speculate for now.

Ric is very deep into decline. In this universe he's been in decline since 1992 and has been in terminal decline for years, so I'm not sure how long I'll have him for. Luger's the only other one in terminal at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgcs View Post
Held off commenting to let you finish the introduction, but I'm hooked already. (Though I guess "Hart and Soul" was a little too on the nose, huh?)

The monthly write-up instead of weekly shows was actually something I was also considering for my game. I just couldn't get the formatting done the way I wanted. So don't be surprised if I steal some of it from you LOL

1. So Bret's totally hands-off on the day-to-day stuff? He's not an agent or anything?
Yeah, I thought Heart and Soul was better. The connection is still obvious without the title being TOO centered on Bret, if that makes sense.

You're more than welcome to steal anything you want from me. I've probably stolen more from you than from anybody else format-wise in the past, so I figure I owe you one!

As you'll have already seen in the show write-up by now, Bret's on the announce team with Tenay. Satyr got to pick the commish as a TGAAB prediction prize and he chose Double A, so Bret was either going to be a color guy or a road agent. He apparently was the best option in the company for color commentator (even moreso than Heenan, somehow), and I've got Dusty for road agent, so I was set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr24 View Post
Wheres Tony Schiavone didnt see him on the announce team
Tenay is better and I'd like to stick with a two man team so I can sub in guest commentators without fuss, so I shipped Tony down to developmental. He's not exactly happy about it, but that's just too bad.

Last edited by The Final Countdown : 07-19-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Unread 12-13-2016, 08:43 PM
Super Star

Fan Scorecard:

United States Heavyweight Championship Tournament Finals: Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Lance Storm
World Tag Team Championship: Totally Buffed vs. Natural Born Thrillers {}
Cruiserweight Championship: Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Shane Helms {}
Sting vs. Ric Flair
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Kanyon
Dustin Rhodes vs. Shane Douglas
Hugh Morrus and Konnan vs. The Steiner Brothers
Alex Wright vs. Fit Finlay

What will be match of the night? Sting vs Ric Flair
There will be two new signings making their first appearances on this show. Name them. (1 point each) Jerry Lawler and Rob Van Dam