Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-13-2017, 03:28 PM
All Star

Default ECW Presents: Guilty as Charged 2001

ECW Guilty As Charged 2001
Held live at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York to 2,600 people

Quote:
Dark Match: Simon and Swinger defeat Michael Shane and local talent Amazing Red (E+)

Joey Styles and Joel Gertner welcome everyone to the show, with Joel giving a very dirty limerick for the evening. He brings out Joey Matthews and Christian York, but they get attacked by Da Baldies. That really started the show strong. Cyrus and Jerry Lynn come out and chase Joey and Joel away, giving a promo about how Rob Van Dam isn’t here and Jerry Lynn is the Whole F’n Show now! He won’t be anywhere but the main event from now on. I don’t know if Lynn forgot the script or was trying not to use one, but wow his dialogue was awful. Cyrus did well, at least. (D+, C-)

Danny Doring and Roadkill defend the ECW Tag Team titles against Hot Commodity, EZ Money and Julio Dinero. The titles actually change hands when Elektra trips Doring when he goes for the Buggy Bang, giving Money a chance to hit Roadkill with the flipping clothesline and get the win! (D+)

Hot Commodity do a beatdown on the former champs, until “Bang Your Head” brings out Nova. He hits a leaping suicide dive onto Money and Dinero! (D)

Nova takes on Chris Hamrick, but in true ECW fashion it ends up being a tag team match when Chris Chetti returns to the company – after having lost a loser leaves ECW match last month – but Little Spike Dudley has Nova’s back. Also, when Elektra tries to interfere again, Doring and Roadkill pull her off the apron, with Roadkill spanking her. The crowd really didn’t care for Hamrick in this match. Nova pins Chetti with the Kryptonite Krunch as Spike hits the Acid Drop on Hamrick. (D)

Steve Corino and Jack Victory are backstage, with Corino talking about how he’s no joke anymore. He wants his belt back, he wants Justin’s girl Francine, and he’s going to get both of them tonight! Victory contributes his “high spot” catchphrase. (D+)

Joey talks about the “I Quit” match up next between C.W. Anderson and Tommy Dreamer. (D)

Dreamer wins the I Quit match over Anderson by wrapping table metal around his eyes to lock in a Crippler Crossface, which was a really awesome visual which got the crowd buzzing. (C)

After the match, the two shake hands, ending this respect feud. (D+)

A comedy segment next as Corino wants to get in Francine’s pants, but not unless he has the title. Justin Credible comes out of the next room, apparently getting some from Missy Hyatt. Missy meets up with Corino and Victory in the hallway, where Jack asks if she remembers him. She references John Tatum before saying that if she didn’t f*** him, then he only managed himself. (C-)

Mikey and Tajiri defeat Kash and Crazy and the FBI in a three way dance. Kash and Crazy were eliminated first, then a pair of tiger suplexes eliminated the FBI. (C-)

The Sandman talks to the camera about how he’s the King of Extreme, the Extreme Icon, and that’s why he’s winning tonight in Tables, Ladders, Chairs, and Canes. A good promo from Sandman. (C-)

Ballz Mahoney and Chilly Willy are out for a tag match, but Rhino rushes out and destroys both of them with a collection of Gores. He really came across as a remorseless monster there. Rhino then cuts a promo about how he loves violence more than anything, and that’s why he has plans for tonight. “Why do I have a TV title for a company that doesn’t have any f***ing TELEVISION?!” (C-, C)

The Sandman does a long entrance with the crowd singing along every word of “Enter Sandman”. (D+)

In Tables, Ladders, Chairs, and Canes, The Sandman wins the ECW title when Corino and Credible take themselves out by falling through a table off a ladder, leaving it ripe for his picking. Match really got the crowd going. (C)

But Rhino rushes him and hits a Gore! He threatens Sandman’s family backstage, telling him that he’ll kill them if he doesn’t get a title match right now! “Ring the f***ing bell” gasps Sandman. (C+)

In a title unification bout, Rhino defeats The Sandman with two Gores and a piledriver on a broken piece of table. How explosive. (C)

Cyrus comes out to gloat about Rhino winning the title, when Rob Van Dam comes to the ring! RVD and Rhino have a staredown, but Jerry Lynn attacks Van Dam from behind! Rhino leaves with his titles as the bell is sounded for our new main event match. Man were the crowd pumped after all that! (C)

In our main event, Rob Van Dam defeats Jerry Lynn. Cyrus gets involved, but Joel Gertner interferes with it, and he helps Van Dam deliver a Van Terminator. He finishes the match with the Five Star Frog Splash. Another great match in their long series. (B+)

RVD celebrates his win as the show goes off the air. (C+)

After the show, Paul Heyman came out and thanked everyone, for everything. Pretty foreboding stuff… (B-)
Show Rating: C+

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOC
Yeah, so most of this show was the same as real life, but I made a change here and there. Hope you enjoyed! We are getting into real shows soon, I promise!
Unread 01-14-2017, 08:43 PM
All Star

Default 1/8/2001: The Big Day

“Hey there! Glad to see ya drop by. You never call, you never write. How will we ever make this relationship work?!?

I’m almost immediately greeted by Kevin Nash as I got my entry into the backstage area, with him of course making a joke out of things. I greet him as well, but before getting chummy with everyone, I ask to be pointed toward Johnny. I have some business to attend to, and he’s the man I have to talk to first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Closed Doors
When I get into his office, his raspy voice greets me politely as he asks me if I’m here to talk to some of the boys and watch the show.

He has no idea the bombshell that I drop in his lap.

“You’re what?!”

“I’m sorry you had to find out about it this way, but it had to be kept a secret until after the first of the year.”

“So what, you’re just stepping in and pulling the rug out from under me? Gonna redo things like you and Russo did last year? Because that worked so well for the company!”

“John, calm down! We aren’t changing or rebooting anything. The only thing that changes as far as this goes is that I’m in charge. That shouldn’t be a whole lot of change compared to what we’ve worked with before.”

“Well, no, but what about Turner and his money?”

“Ted gave me the company, but unfortunately we don’t get any more money from him. Which really bothers me about what we’re doing running the Xcel tonight. John, why are we even here? WCW are so far in the red it’s not funny right now! Why are we running in a building we literally can’t afford and have next to no chance of filling?”

“It was set up at the end of last year, Eric! We couldn’t change it.”

“Well, we need to call the next arenas after Sin and tell them that we can’t run there. We need to downsize, and fast.”

“They won’t give back our deposits-”

“Johnny, come on! That’s unfortunate, but we gotta do things different. We won’t run far from there, but we gotta fit people into close yet smaller, and more importantly cheaper, venues. It certainly doesn’t seem like we’re selling enough tickets to make it worth our while. Just tell everyone their tickets are being honored at the new location, like Vince did a that one shitty Wrestlemania.”

“Eric, what are we going to do without Turner’s money? That’s all that kept this company afloat for the past few years, and then every year before that!”

This was one thing I knew how to answer.

“Survive, John. Survive on our own.”

He sighs, shaking his head. “That’ll be way easier said than done. I hope you aren’t expecting all of the boys to be happy to see you.”

“I’m not. But I hope I’ll be able to convince them that it’s better than the alternatives.”
With Ace’s help, I got a secret meeting called for all the staff; wrestlers, agents, if their name was on a WCW contract they were to attend. A buzz could be heard from all around the room as John called everyone to order. I had given him a short speech to read off, telling about how the AOL/Time Warner merger would have meant all of their jobs would have ended up down the toilet. Telling them that we no longer were operating under TBS’s braintrust, and that we only had three months of television coverage left on these stations before we were getting kicked off and had to find our own path. I made sure to make it sound as bad as possible, that there was almost literally no way that the company was going to survive. I was feeling a little nervous as he got closer to the end of his speech.

“But one man has decided that this company and all you in this room are worth stepping in to save. And that man has bought WCW and all it’s contracts directly from Turner himself. That man… is Eric Bischoff.”

As I stepped in front of everyone, Ric Flair’s voice rang out over everyone. “Are you f***ing kidding me?!” He nearly stampeded me as he got in front of the pack. “You? You?! I thought we were finally done with you! You’re one of the biggest reasons we are in the mess that Ace was just telling us about, and now you’re gonna come in here and turn things around? Is Hogan back here somewhere too? I’m sure he wants to drop a leg on Scott and wear the belt around some more! How about Master P? Is he gonna be around too? What World Order are we about to turn into?”

I had maybe this one chance to diffuse this situation before it became hostile. “Ric, please! I know I’ve made some huge mistakes, most of them involving you! But I never thought that I would see the day that WCW was in this shape. I thought we would have won the war by now, but I was blind, okay? All that was before I was forced to leave. Now I have a second chance, another shot to change my fate, all of your fates, by being the sole owner of the company. I’m not asking you to trust me right now. I’m just asking that you give me a chance.”

“We’ll see,” he says, walking off in a huff. Arn joins him, and the door slams shut behind them. Silence echoes around the room, as if waiting for someone else to step forward and air their grievances.

But it doesn’t come; instead, Nash and Dallas come to my side, shaking my hand and congratulating me on getting the company. “It won’t be easy though,” I tell them, addressing the group again before it disperses. “All of the things that John said are true. We are horribly in the red. We will be forced off of Turner broadcasting at the end of March. If we can even keep the banks off our ass by then. But we have a good thing going here. We aren’t finished yet. And as long as we can keep getting fans to keep watching and keep putting money toward us, then just maybe we can still turn this around. The company was offered to Vince McMahon, and he didn’t even want it. Are we going to stand for that? Are we going to be made to feel less than second rate by an asshole like Vince McMahon?! Well I’m not! And you shouldn’t be either! We may not be winning the war tomorrow or the next day, but if we all can work together, we can come back from this, I swear!”

The guys all seemed a little excited, I guess just knowing who to report to may be new for some of them. I will have to deal with Ric and Arn personally later, but for now, it’s on to other business. I posted up a brand new booking sheet for tonight and Thunder, and it left a lot of guys excited. They weren’t to get TV time before, but now they’re set to be featured right away on Nitro.

Behind the scenes, one of the first things I had to do – unfortunately – was go further into debt. However, it will save us in the long run. I toned down our production qualities; not so much that Turner’s execs were going to start breathing down our neck, but just enough to save money in the long run… and hopefully not so much that it will become a problem in three months when I have to have a new home for our programming. I had to buy off members of the staff who were being let go so we could bring our production value down to a professional level, move our live event experience to a large crew, our broadcast quality to simply an in-house crew instead of Turner’s people, and our music to smaller yet still licensed bands. If we are running enough shows to make our wage bill worth it, we are going to need all we can get. It was thirty grand that we really didn’t have the ability to spend, but it will come out in the long run. Also, and I hope this one will not come back to bite us on the ass, but I had to do away with drug testing. At least for now, because we just cannot afford the costs that come with doing it. Fortunately for me, being out of the Turner umbrella made the pending lawsuits disappear – but it sure didn’t help our company’s bottom line, as we are already struggling as the poorest of the poor as wrestling companies go in the entire world. That is quite a change from a few years ago, and is a first for WCW. We haven’t been this badly in debt since Crockett ran things. But there will be no rich man coming to save the day. With little money to myself to put into the company, there is no way I can throw cash around like I used to. Big money contracts are going to have to disappear. I just hope that the people who hold onto them will understand and stick around to rebuild the company.

I realize that I may be in way over my head. But we can’t just let Vince win.

It’s time for Nitro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOC
Alright, so that's all of my quote-unquote "backstory" posts. Nitro will be posted in the next day or so. I hope this doesn't seem too far-fetched; I know it would have been easier to just go with no real backstory at all, but I felt that Eric stepping into power would almost require a lot of things like this big backstage meeting. Hope you enjoyed, and I hope you all will enjoy the start of my own shows!
Unread 01-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Super Star

Sweet Update Beej. Hoping to see some ECW guys - specifically Rhino, Corino, Dawn Marie, and Tajiri/Whipwreck - make their ways to WCW
Unread 01-15-2017, 07:55 AM
All Star

I thought Big Johnny was getting fired at first. Mr. Excitement must be relieved to have hung onto his job at least!

"If you don't got it, get it! If you don't get it, figure it out!"

I didn't think any of this was farfetched at all. I can see most of the boys being happy with Bischoff buying the company if they realized that they were basically finished otherwise. Flair was obviously going to be an exception. That's going to be a tricky one, because Ric IS WCW (along with Sting), but I have to imagine he's got hatred of Bischoff in the mod.
Unread 01-15-2017, 10:57 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
Sweet Update Beej. Hoping to see some ECW guys - specifically Rhino, Corino, Dawn Marie, and Tajiri/Whipwreck - make their ways to WCW
I can definitely promise some of the ECW guys will be heading to WCW in the future, but some will also head to the WWF. I'm still trying to figure out if and how I will be doing updates for the WWF, because I'm playing them like I'm trying to "win the game" as well as how I'm doing with WCW. So it will be worth seeing what they put on, but this diary is meant to focus more on Eric bringing WCW back from the brink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Countdown View Post
I thought Big Johnny was getting fired at first. Mr. Excitement must be relieved to have hung onto his job at least!

"If you don't got it, get it! If you don't get it, figure it out!"

I didn't think any of this was farfetched at all. I can see most of the boys being happy with Bischoff buying the company if they realized that they were basically finished otherwise. Flair was obviously going to be an exception. That's going to be a tricky one, because Ric IS WCW (along with Sting), but I have to imagine he's got hatred of Bischoff in the mod.
Flair is set to have a simmering tension with Bischoff, which I think would be fair for right now. By this time, it's been three years since the legal battle of 98, so while that would definitely still be a sticking point, it isn't quite the wound that it has been.

As for Johnny, I had thought about making it so he was more upset about all this, giving him a tension relationship or giving him a negative starting morale or having him walk out... but, well, basically I felt I have enough problems to deal with. I chalk it up to saying there was more discussed in that office than just what was outlined, but we'll just say Ace is fine with going back to just being a road agent instead of trying to be a booker as well.

Thanks for the comments guys, I will respond to more comments here and there, but for now I'll mostly just say that I have Nitro all written out, but I'm going to wait until I've taken time to book Sin before I post it. That way I am a little further ahead of myself.
Unread 01-21-2017, 10:08 AM
All Star

Default WCW Nitro: 1/8/2001

Last Week in WCW: With Scott Steiner suspended, Jeff Jarrett was in a do or die situation as he was forced to take on Sid Vicious! Team Canada were on top of the world with their new Canadian bus, but the Filthy Animals crashed their party by spray painting it! While Kronik took out Goldberg, Totally Buff destroyed The Sarge’s arm! When “Big Poppa Pump” returned to the building dressed as the Mystery Man, he and Jarrett beat Sid down, but that cost Jeff the match. What will Ric Flair do about this turn of events?

WCW Monday Nitro
LIVE on January 8th, 2001 (Week 2)
Held at: Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota (Great Lakes)
Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Scott Hudson, and Disqo
Attendance: 4,575
TV Rating: 2.31
Show Rating: C+
This show increased our popularity in 10 regions.

Quote:

The sirens of “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner open the show, with the champion coming out to talk. He talks about how he’s not only the freakiest, but also the smartest man in wrestling.
“Y’all can talk all about yer’ C’rebral Assassins, but I make him look like Ass fashions! ‘Big Poppa Pump’ is the man wearin’ the gold. The man who took out Sting. The man who sent Booker T back to his back-ass hood in a bodybag. And the man who’s gonna send Sid to the hospital bed if he don’t bow down and accept that I’m the champ and I’m the baddest in the world! An’ if he’s still back after that beatin’ that we gave him last When-sday, then maybe we gotta send him to the morgue!”

The sound of “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair’s music interrupts, to tell Scott that while he is still the champ, Flair is still “the man” and he will remain “the man” until the day he dies in the ring, wooo! He says that Steiner had better be prepared to back up those words against Sid, because since Vicious defeated Jarrett on Thunder, that means Jeff is out and Sid is in! That brings “The Cho-Cho-Cho-Chosen One” out to complain, saying that he can’t be out of the match! He won the tournament! Scott yells an opinion that we aren’t allowed to hear because it has to be bleeped out, but Flair stands firm. He tells Jarrett that he will give one final, final chance to be in the main event at Sin, one hundred percent. He and Scott will be on the same team tonight, and Sid on the other team! And if Jarrett and Steiner’s team wins, then Jeff will be in the match at Sin, making it a fatal four way instead of a triple threat – with Flair making sure to remind everyone about the Mystery Man who has his spot cemented because of how much he wants to get his hands on Scott.
Rating: B
Eric’s Thoughts: This story is a mess. We’ve hyped up this mystery man to a point that the original idea just isn’t going to fly by the time he’s shown. Scott really delivers on the microphone though, especially with a talker like Flair to play off of. This got the show off to a strong start, getting the crowd hotter – maybe because they couldn’t heard Disqo’s weak commentary. Flair improvised well to the live crowd though, and Jarrett seemed to really enjoy not working with a script.

After that, we go to the announcers booth for them to discuss the main event that we just heard about. Tony and Scott talk about how this is once again do or die for Jeff Jarrett, as being forced out of this match could be a disaster for his title aspirations. Disqo reminds them that the match isn’t filled out yet, as Flair never mentioned a partner for Sid!
Rating: C
Eric’s Thoughts: Disqo is not going to be a full-time announcer in the future.

Team Canada (Lance Storm & Elix Skipper) w/Major Gunns vs. The Filthy Animals (Billy Kidman & Rey Mysterio Jr.) w/Tygress
After that it is straight to the ring for action, as The Filthy Animals take on Team Canada. The match is very fast paced and non-stop action, as they were told to have a high spot based match. Mysterio enters the ring off a hot tag and hits a series of dropkicks and headscissor takedowns before delivering the bronco buster to Skipper. However he is unable to do the same to Storm, as he’s yanked out of the ring and driven through a previously set up table by an Awesome Bomb! Charles Robinson calls for the bell to disqualify Team Canada.

Team Canada take this moment of advantage to deliver a beating on two of their opponents for this Sunday at Sin. Storm locks Mysterio in the Canadian Maple Leaf and refuses to release it as Awesome and Skipper lay boots onto Kidman. Finally, their fellow Animal Konnan alongside “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, armed with a chair and a 2x4 respectively, charge down to the ring to make the save! They chase off the Canadians, but Disqo points out that there won’t be any weapons to save the day on Sunday!
Match Time: 11:59
Ratings: C / C-
Eric’s Thoughts: Nitro had gotten away from the format I conceived back in 1995 and perfected throughout 1997. Sure, the show may start with the World champion once in awhile like this, but talented cruiserweights are the lifeblood of the show. Giving these guys 12 minutes was my way of showing – even if just this one time this evening – that something is different. We are coming back to what’s familiar. Hopefully the fans take notice. As for the match itself, Tylene did good work at ringside, but the match deserved better color than what Glenn could give. We set it up as a high spot-intensive match, and due to that Rey and Billy were well suited to it. Mysterio – as he tends to be – was head and shoulders above everyone else in the bout. I saw the devised idea for this “penalty box” match for Sin, but I threw it away.

Backstage, “Mean” Gene Okerlund is standing by with “The Chosen One” Jeff Jarrett and the Harris Brothers. Gene asks Jarrett about his match tonight, saying that he’s heard through the grapevine that Big Ron and Heavy D not only have a match to deal with tonight, but that they have been outright barred from ringside during our main event. Jarrett tells him that he’s happy about this turn of events!
“Listen up you Geritol slapnut. I don’t care about these guys having a match tonight, because they need to step it up and prove themselves! They weren’t there for me last Wednesday, and they gotta show me why I’m paying them to be my backup if they can’t even stand up to some slapass attack backstage! So they better win that match, or else I might find someone else who can watch my back better! And as far as tonight goes, ha ha, it looks like we played Flair like a fiddle. I can still get into the match at Sin to watch Scott’s back or win the World title – and that’s exactly how we want it.”
The brothers don’t look pleased about this ultimatum, but seem stoic about doing what needs done. Gene asks Jarrett if Steiner would agree about losing the title if he were to lose it to Jarrett, but he tells Gene to mind his own damn business.
Rating: C+
Eric’s Thoughts: Jarrett may not always maintain a level as a top heel for us – we saw how it went with Russo pushing him to the top last year – but he is definitely a solid hand, and one that I feel will have a nice home in WCW as long as he doesn’t have to job to any oversized women. As for Ron and Don, the time may soon be coming when being two large, twin wrestlers isn’t enough to keep a permanent job.

We head to another backstage area where Totally Buff are staring at themselves in mirrors. “The Nature Boy” enters the room, greeting them as friends. However, their mood changes when Flair points out that he isn’t very pleased that they ruined one of his main events for Sin. The two start making excuses and reasons for what they did, but Flair silences them by saying that fortunately, he’s found a way to make the match even better. He tells them that Sarge is going to be out of commission, but tonight Goldberg is in a tag team match for revenge against Kronik. And the man who will be his partner tonight… is the guy who will team with Goldberg to face the two of them this Sunday night at Sin! Lex and Buff complain, saying they want to know who it is, but Flair tells them to watch the match! He also points out that to make sure they don’t want to come down to the ring and make any problems for Goldberg or his new partner, he is placing Totally Buff in tonight’s main event as Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner’s partners! Buff groans, with Lex trying to ask Ric to reconsider, but he “Whoooo!”s in their faces before leaving the room. More groaning and moaning from Totally Buff close the segment!
Rating: B
Eric’s Thoughts: Ric didn’t want to have a script for any of his segments, and while that’s a fine blessing when working off Steiner or Jarrett, it’s a curse here. Buff may have done a great job improvising dialogue, but Luger didn’t do well, tripping over his words and stammering during the groaning. Never change, Lex. Thank God that I can use what happened on Thunder to write Sarge out of the match. It’s nothing at all against DeWayne Bruce himself, but in a major pay-per-view event? I just can’t leave it at that.

Back to “Mean” Gene, who is with the United States champion, General Rection. He screams for “Fall in!” and the camera pulls back to show Corporal Cajun with him. Gene comically stands in next to Cajun as Rection addresses his troops.
“Lieutenant Loco has turned traitor! Sergeant A-Wall has been forced to the infirmary! That leaves only you, Corporal, left to carry on the fight. We will carry the fight against Shane Douglas, who only knows how to handle privates! We will fight the good fight, for America’s United States title! And that’s no laughing matter, Gene.”
Okerlund points out that Corporal Cajun is set to take on Shane Douglas tonight on Nitro, asking if they are aware that this could simply be a trap. Rection says that they know exactly what strategy this is: it’s divide and conquer. But what he isn’t taking into account is that the Corporal isn’t just some stepping stone. He is going to embarrass Shane tonight, and then the General will take that chain and shove it where the sun don’t shine on Sunday!
Rating: D+
Eric’s Thoughts: “The infirmary” was a pretty clever way to clue in that after Thunder, Jerry was sent to rehab. Hopefully he can straighten things out, because he could be a solid midcard monster if he can stay clean.

Elsewhere backstage, Norman Smiley is very excited as he gets to meet his new hero… Glacier! He beams at Glacier’s appearance, telling him that WCW has needed a real hero like him for awhile now. Glacier is all smiles on this introduction, but a stagehand peeks into the room to tell Norman that his match is next. Smiley asks Glacier to please watch his match, because he wants to impress a man like him.

WCW Hardcore Championship
Terry Funk © vs. Norman Smiley

Norman is barely out of the room when Terry attacks him, and the two brawl all the way to the ring. Tony points out that Norman isn’t screaming and running like in the past, perhaps the presence of Glacier is inspiring him on? Meng happens into the fight, and then so does Crowbar. Daffney dances around the area as Funk, Crowbar, and Meng fight, with each one hitting Norman as he gets close. Finally, help arrives…

… as Glacier starts making his way to the ring! But despite Norman willing him to come and help with his martial arts, Glacier instead seems to be caught up in the fans’ adoration, as a collection of children charge the guardrail demanding autographs. Glacier fills each request, but by the time he gets to the ring, Funk has piledriven Smiley and gotten the three count to retain his title.
Match Time: 3:40
Ratings: D- / D+
Eric’s Thoughts: Look, I thought we had left Glacier back in 1998 too. But this storyline was planned out before I got here, and to be honest, I kinda liked it. So we are sticking with it, even if it won’t be a very long story. The match was kept short, because that’s what Russo has people used to anymore. Ugh. I want to change that in the very near future. Funk was well suited to the brawl and did great at going all out for someone who’s been on the downside of his career for years, but Norman couldn’t keep up. Fans didn’t know who to cheer for in a face vs. face match though. Smiley seemed to improve his performance.

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas comes to the ring for his match, but first he takes time to grab a microphone. He calls out how he has yet to hold a title in his return to WCW, but that will change as of this Sunday.
“The Franchise wants what he wants, and that’s gold around his waist. That’s something you Minnesota morons don’t understand, because your precious Vikings can’t win a game like my great hometown Steelers do! The Misfits in Action are just like your Vikings: a group of misfits. And misfits don’t wear gold that can belong to franchises. So come on down, Cajun, and when you go back to your general, you can tell him how it feels to get your ass franchised!”

Corporal Cajun vs. “The Franchise” Shane Douglas
Lash fights all he can, but it seems as though Douglas is simply toying with him. The announcers talk about how this is a disgusting display of Shane trying to make an example out of Hugh’s best friend, but about that time is when Cajun gets a quick rollup that nearly scores a pinfall! Shane then becomes deadly serious, demolishing LeRoux with stomps in the corner and hitting The Franchiser on him. But he isn’t finished, as he goes into his boot to pull out his concealed chain. As he wraps it around his fist, General Rection rushes out to the ring and attacks Shane for his actions! While he may have saved his friend, he costs him the match, as Cajun loses via disqualification.
Match Time: 3:10
Ratings: C / C-
Eric’s Thoughts: This is a very easy story to tell. The MIA seem to be falling apart at the seams, and Shane isn’t helping matters. Simple, yet very effective. Throw the US title into the mix and we have some great things going on with this minor feud. In his promo, Shane really looked like he enjoyed being able to rile the fans up on his own, but in the match he seemed off his game. Lash also impressed with some new technical skills.

“Mean” Gene is now back in the interview area alongside “The Cat” Ernest Miller, with Ms. Jones at his side. A pretty regular promo from Cat, as he talks about how much he wants to win back his commissionership, so he is going to talk to Ric Flair about getting a fair match against Mike Sanders soon.

Elsewhere, “Above Average” Mike Sanders has heard this on a monitor, and he’s not very thrilled. He happens upon The Jung Dragons sitting nearby, and – using slow words and hang signals – tells them that there could be big American dollars for them if they take out The Cat in the ring, tonight! They agree, and Sanders signs off on a handicap match!
Ratings: C- / D
Eric’s Thoughts: Mike is right up my alley; an evil authority character with smarm and a punchable face. Really reminds me of… well, me!

Elsewhere backstage, we see Paisley and Kwee Wee, casually chatting about clothing. Kwee Wee looks shocked, and he comes up to someone’s back to point out how horrible their hair looks. The person turns around to reveal…
… Fit Finlay! Finlay doesn’t take kindly to the accusation that his hair is “Like you’d shave on a dog if you didn’t like the dog,” and tells Kwee Wee that people “like him” don’t last long in Belfast.
“Like me? What do you mean people like me?! You dare to insult The Kwee Wee?! That makes me so angry! I’ll see you up next in the ring!”

Kwee Wee w/Paisley vs. Fit Finlay
Finlay weathers the mild storm that Kwee Wee inflicts upon him before decimating him with a running clothesline. He picks him up and drills Kwee Wee with a Tombstone piledriver (with Disqo excited that it was “Right on that spikey hair!”) for the pin.
Match Time: 3:23
Ratings: D / C-
Eric’s Thoughts: We intended to cool the crowd down, and this definitely accomplished it. Sharmell did a good job helping Kwee Wee.

The crowd cheer as the WCW World Tag Team champions The Insiders come down to the ring! Nash says that it looks like “Big Sexy is in the house!” He jokes that the Insiders were out of the house last Wednesday, but the Thrillers got what was coming to them by the end of the night. Page is handed the microphone, and he says that the Insiders don’t care which two of the Thrillers they face on Sunday at Sin, because they’re at the top of their game while those rookies are just that: wet behind the ears rookies.

The Natural Born Thrillers come out to the stage, with WCW Commissioner Mike Sanders at the forefront of his menacing group.
“So, you guys thought that was real funny last Wednesday, don’t you? Well we didn’t think so! And that’s why, since ‘Naitch’ didn’t sign off completely on the match yet, then I’m going to go ahead and close up our main event for the evening. You two old fossils will team up with another relic of the past, Sid Vicious, to take on Jeff Jarrett, Totally Buff, and Scott Steiner! That’s right, four on three! And if you guys try to get some other stooge to come down and join the match with you, then you’ll be S.O.L… and you all know what that means! You boys better stop cracking wise and go get your gear on.”
Rating: C+
Eric’s Thoughts: An hour into the show and our main event is finalized. That should get people to keep watching! However, Disqo continued dragging things down from the desk. We got the crowd hotter, at least. Nash looked good out there, clearly enjoying the lack of script. But Page didn’t come out quite right, his tirade about rookies struggling to sound like more than just some old timer. Mike also didn’t come off well on his own dialogue, sounding like he was rambling more than usual. Mike underperformed here, and it showed. Hopefully we can build him up to where he can stand next to legends better pretty quickly.

At the top of the hour, we cut solely to commentary, where they hype the main event that has been set up now. Tony and Scott say that Sanders was being unfair, but Disqo sticks up for him, saying that Nash and Sid are bigger than most people so it would count as a handicap for them; if not for Scott Steiner! They call him a suck up.
Rating: C
Eric’s Thoughts: Just a simple segment to hype those who we could have lost due to it being 9 and Raw coming on.

Jamie Knoble & Evan Karagias vs. The Harris Brothers
A pretty harsh squash match here mostly, as Big Ron and Heavy D do what they can to prove their worth to Jeff Jarrett by taking out these two cruiserweights. Despite a few glimpses of promise, this one ends anticlimatically with Knoble being blasted by the H-Bomb and covered for the pin.
Match Time: 2:16
Rating: D
Eric’s Thoughts: I know, I know, I shouldn’t be jobbing my cruiserweights to big lunks like this. But Ron and Don need built up if they’re going to be worth anything, and these guys aren’t going anywhere fast at this moment. I’ll make it up to them. We planned this match to calm the crowd down, and it did just that. Evan seemed to be flying around a little easier, but the crowd were giving it to Don a little. Ron, however, seems to be showing his age a bit.

Backstage in a dark room, we find Sid Vicious. He laughs, talking about how Scott Steiner is a fool to have thought that he had actually put him out. Sid says that tonight, he eliminates Jeff Jarrett from the Sin triple threat match once and for all, and if Totally Buff get in his way, they will suffer a fate normally reserved for treasonous, rabid dogs like Scott Steiner.
“What you don’t seem to realize Scott Steiner, is that you have started a game that we have yet to finish! Bring all the mystery men and lead pipes you can! Because… when it’s over… and the game is finished… I’ll be standing… holding the World Heavyweight title… as the Master… and ruler… of the world.”
Rating: B-
Eric’s Thoughts: Glad to see that Sid is just as I left him.

Elsewhere backstage, “Mean” Gene stands by with The Mamalukes. Vito and Johnny, so happy to be reunited again (“Always best to have the family togetha’ for the holidays, Gene”) but not so happy that Vito’s actual family, his brother Reno, wasn’t along for the deal. Vito says that he has a remedy for this, though, as he produces a smooth, two foot long stick with white and black stripes running down it.
“Ya’ see Gene, this here is what we called a stickball bat. Now, you can play a good game of New Yawk street stickball wit’ it. Or, you can use it to beat some sense into your fellow man. What I propose is that since Reno and I ain’t been able to straighten things out in the ring, we take it to the streets with our stickball bats, and we see if we can beat some sense inta’ one another. Capisce?”
Gene wishes them luck in their match against two of the Natural Born Thrillers tonight, with Johnny saying that they’ve probably faced every combination that’s been thrown at them, and they’ll be showing them how two paisans do business.
Rating: D-
Eric’s Thoughts: I have nothing against these guys, and ECW have shown that there is a certain joy in having some light “mafia” style characters around for both comedic value and for something a bit more serious now and again. We just need to move on from this brothers deal and get them “back to business” so to speak.

“The Cat” Ernest Miller w/Ms. Jones vs. The Jung Dragons w/Leia Meow
This is a comedic martial arts display for the most part, but it is a two on one handicap match. Despite Miller’s use of a string of hot dogs as makeshift nunchucks, Kaz and Yang are able to use their numbers advantage and win the bout with a series of kicks and dives that leave Miller’s head spinning. Tony and Hudson ponder if this is the kind of thing Sanders is preparing for the Insiders by putting them in the handicap match in the main event.
Match Time: 2:38
Rating: D
Eric’s Thoughts: It’s tough to go against a good karate display, even if it’s done for comedic value here. Kaz struggled a little with that, not being much of a comedy performer. Jones and Meow did good work at ringside. What seems tough is that while Yang and Kristina are a good pairing, she and Kaz are very poor together.

Backstage, we hear the sounds of Goldberg preparing himself in his locker room to emerge! We know this because it’s the locker room that says “Goldberg” on the door and we hear banging and slamming around in there as he destroys the place to psyche himself up. But who is his partner?

Kronik are just getting into the ring when we come back from commercial break. Goldberg’s entrance is cut short when he asks for a microphone. He says that between Kronik and Totally Buff, they put his trainer out of action, maybe even for good. So Ric Flair gave him an option to find a new partner – and he has. He may not be a trainer, but he is someone who you could call an inspiration for how he does things…

… Animal! It’s Road Warrior Animal! He marches down to the ring with Goldberg, and the match is on!

Goldberg and Road Warrior Animal vs. KroniK
A wild brawl is the way of this match as four huge, musclebound men try to destroy one another. But it is only a matter of time until Adams gets the Spear and Jackhammer, and it’s all over.

Backstage, we see Totally Buff watching Goldberg and Animal celebrating on their monitor, and they share a worried look at one another. How badly did they screw up by taking out The Sarge?
Match Time: 4:06
Ratings: B / B- / C- / B-
Eric’s Thoughts: I think we made something better of both main event storylines with this one change. Goldberg’s great performance stood out, carrying the match in the ring. Animal was off his game though, and I’m not sure if that’s because he wasn’t happy with being changed storylines or not. I guess we’ll see. These four aren’t known for their great selling, of course. Adams looked all hopped up on pain killers though, and that doesn’t spell good things for Kronik’s push. If he’s got a chance of hurting people by performing under the influence, then I’ll have to step in.

Terry Funk, Meng, Crowbar, and Daffney are surrounding Gene when we come back from break. Crowbar is shouting that the title is his while Meng screams and makes Tongan Death motions, with Daffney skipping around playing with her pigtails. Funk finally gets their attention.
“Listen up, you whining mongrels! You want the gold and you want the torch, and I don’t know what the hell you want girl, but maybe you need a nuthouse! If you want to be the new king of hardcore, the new Terry Funk, there’s one way you do it: you take on every challenge no matter how big or small, and you give it everything you got ‘cause it might be your last one! So it’s not just YOUR title shot anymore, it’s yours too! It’s anybody’s! Anyone who wants to come on down and be hardcore, now’s your shot!”
Rating: C-
Eric’s Thoughts: Check one more feud that we can send elsewhere now. It’s like I’m a genius! Daffney helped Crowbar during this one.

Shane Helms accompanies 3 Count partner Shannon Moore to the ring for his match. Moore’s opponent, however, is Helms’s opponent for this Sunday, the WCW Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero Jr. Chavo gets a microphone before coming to the ring and tells Shane that he had better watch and learn.
“I’m not sure what you think you’re going to do from out here other than see your compadrie crash and burn, ese, but if you want to hang around, feel free, little trooper! But keep in mind: if somehow he were to pick up the win and get this beautiful gold, then you’re out of Sin while I get my rematch! Maybe you boys can sing a song about it?”

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Chavo Guerrero Jr. © vs. Shannon Moore

Shane Helms patrols the ringside area to make sure of what Chavo does to his friend. The two put on a fairly exciting yet ground based cruiserweight match, but referee Billy Silverman finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time as he takes an errant flying forearm by Moore. With Billy down, Chavo goads Helms into the ring by grabbing the title and threatening to bash Shannon with it. Guerrero throws the belt to Shane, but when he attacks with it, Chavo moves and Helms hits Moore with the title! Chavo sends the shocked Helms out of the ring and makes the cover, easily picking up the win and retaining the title.

Chavo has left the ring, but he takes a moment to look back before going through the curtain. Shane is helping Shannon back to his feet, but Moore is not very pleased with his partner, shoving him away when he tries to apologize. Guerrero laughs from the top of the stage as Moore leaves Helms standing in the ring.
Match Time: 5:05
Ratings: D / C- / D
Eric’s Thoughts: This is a really nice little storyline, it’s almost too bad I can’t continue it beyond Sin very well.

We go to a recap from throughout the evening of what led us to our main event. It starts with Flair putting Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, and Sid Vicious into the match, and then him informing Totally Buff they would be teaming with Steiner and Jarrett as punishment for their actions on Thunder. Then Mike Sanders puts The Insiders into the match on Sid’s side.
Eric’s Thoughts: Simple recap video; and only one of them, which isn’t happening directly after it happened. Your crowd thanks you for not insulting their intelligence.

“Mean” Gene is now standing by backstage alongside Midajah, who he tries to hold a conversation with, and our World champion, Scott Steiner. Steiner doesn’t let him converse with Midajah at all. “Big Poppa Pump” looks pretty irritated with how things have gone this evening, as Gene asks him for some thoughts heading into our main event in moments.
“You want thoughts? Here’s some thoughts, old man. ‘Big Poppa Pump’ don’t appreciate a jealous ol’ bastard like Ric Flair tryin’ to screw with his title reign! I took out Sting, I took out Booker, and if Ric keeps lining ‘em up, then I’ll send ‘em all to the hospital! The Insiders better stay outside my field’a view or I’m gonna turn ‘em inside out!”
Eric’s Thoughts: Scott is on top of WCW for good reason. He may actually be outgrowing the World title, we just need the right person to hand it to. Someone who will get over big from beating “Big Poppa Pump”. Steiner improvises well here, while Gene also used that freedom to his advantage… even if that advantage was perving on Midajah.

The Mamalukes vs. Mark Jindrak & Sean O’Haire
The two surprise Thrillers tonight are the two time World Tag Team champions, Jindrak and O’Haire. The teams put on an entertaining brawl that ends when Vito is attacked outside the ring by Reno, swinging Vito’s aforementioned stickball bat! “It looks like that match was accepted,” says Disqo. That leaves Johnny on his own, and despite fighting back as much as he can, Jindrak is able to hit a quebrada moonsault that gets a pinfall for the Thrillers.
Match Time: 5:25
Rating: D+
Eric’s Thoughts: Just to make sure we don’t lose any interest in the idea of “Which Thriller team will it be” we made sure to use Jindrak and O’Haire together here. That might keep them all guessing. The fans were giving a negative reaction for Johnny and Vito, because they aren’t the best of wrestlers out there. Vito was really off his game here, while O’Haire was definitely the best of the match… not that this was saying much.

Backstage, we see Sid Vicious and The Insiders together talking strategy, while Scott Steiner marches backstage yelling at everyone while telling Midajah to keep up. Our main event is next!

“Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner, “The Chosen One” Jeff Jarrett, and Totally Buff w/Midajah vs. Sid Vicious and The Insiders
Tony wonders if a handicap match like this was what Ric Flair had in mind at the beginning of the evening. This match is all over the place though, as everybody brawls around the ring. Nick Patrick barely has control of these seven guys from the opening bell, and it’s so bad that he doesn’t even seem to notice when the Insiders aren’t fighting with Totally Buff anymore, instead they’re fighting off the Natural Born Thrillers! But it isn’t four on one, as Totally Buff are run off into the crowd by the appearance of Goldberg! This leaves Jarrett, Steiner, and Sid in the ring, and Jeff lines up his guitar. But he misses, and blasts Steiner with it! Sid gives Jarrett a one handed chokeslam before pulling a groggy Steiner up into the powerbomb! He makes the cover – and gets the win! That means Jeff Jarrett is locked out of the main event of Sin! And if Sid is able to do this to Steiner in six days, we will have a new World champion!

The match may be over, but the fight isn’t! Totally Buff are seen backstage jumping into a car and speeding off to escape Goldberg, while the Insiders are fighting up the ramp with the Thrillers! But inside the ring, Sid stands tall, holding the World Heavyweight championship above his head! Will this be what happens at Sin? You can only find out on Sunday; but until then, make sure to join us on Wednesday for Thunder!
Match Time:
Ratings: B / C+ / B
Eric’s Thoughts: The match may not have been great, but all that star power in one place can’t have hurt us as we try to fight against Angle vs. Austin. Sure, it isn’t running directly against that, but it might have been exciting enough to make people remember who we are. The match had the crowd buzzing, but Disqo dragged it down hard. Jarrett was brawling better than previously, and Steiner was way above everyone else, as was pretty much figured. The closing segment got the crowd really hot, with Goldberg looking like a real star. Hopefully my plans can keep us running strong through Thunder and into a decent buyrate and payoff for Sin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOC
Likely not going to remain the standard format for Nitro, this is a little more PPV quality. I say this about it because man it took me longer to write than I felt it should have.
Thunder will be up tomorrow, along with the full Sin prediction card, but any comments about what we've seen so far will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Beejus : 01-21-2017 at 11:47 PM.
Unread 01-21-2017, 09:03 PM
Phenom

Good show leading to Sin. I think you've captured the perfect combination of logic and nonsense to make it still WCW. Interested where you will go / push, if you survive past real life wcw.

Last edited by Briskout : 01-23-2017 at 07:44 AM.
Unread 01-22-2017, 10:10 AM
Major League

I thought it was a very good first show! (as expected, of course)

The addition of "Eric's thoughts" after each segment was well done. It was both entertaining and fun, and I enjoyed getting a bit of a glimpse into where you are going with certain things. Looking forward to Thunder, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with Sin.
Unread 01-23-2017, 06:41 AM
All Star

Default WCW Thunder and Worldwide: January Week 2

WCW Thunder
Aired January 10th, 2001
Held at: Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota (Great Lakes)
Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, and Stevie Ray
Attendance: 4,575
TV Rating: 2.04 on TBS
Show Rating: B-
This show increased our popularity in 10 regions.

Quote:
“The Nature Boy” Ric Flair opens the show, talking about how WCW is the greatest promotion in the world because they deliver the greatest shows in the world for the greatest fans in the world. Scott Steiner interrupts, telling Flair that what happened on Nitro was bulls***, and he’s not gonna stand for Flair screwing him around. Jeff Jarrett comes out, saying that Scott isn’t getting as jerked around as he has been lately, with Scott pointing out that had Jeff kept that guitar to himself, he wouldn’t be in his “predickmint”. Flair gives the solution: he says that if Jarrett still wants in the triple threat at Sin, he has one final chance tonight – if he can defeat Scott Steiner for the World Heavyweight title, right here on Thunder! What a main event! (B+) Steiner and Jarrett enjoyed being off-script. Stevie Ray was pretty weak, but the angle got the crowd hotter, and off to a strong start.

Chavo Guerrero Jr. defends his WCW Cruiserweight championship next, this time against Evan Karagias. Shane Helms comes out to the ring to protest Chavo’s cheating, but Evan ends up more bothered than Nick Patrick is by it, and Chavo catches Evan with a brainbuster to close this title match at 5:30. (D+) Tony and Tenay are awkward on commentary together. Stevie Ray was pretty weak.

• Chavo gets a microphone and tells Shane to “buck up, little trooper” because now it looks like he’ll get his title match at Sin. But how’s Helms going to be by then? As Evan attacks Shane from behind, dropping him to the mat with a wheelbarrow facebuster before hitting him with a corkscrew splash off the top rope! Chavo laughs all the way behind the curtain, just like on Nitro. (D-)

• Backstage, The Natural Born Thrillers are in the commissioner’s office. Sanders delivers orders to each of them, telling Reno that he is to show what being a true Thriller is about by taking out Johnny the Bull in a Hardcore match; then saying that one of the remainders of them will face DDP, another two will face the Filthy Animals, and another will have a match against Norman Smiley. (C)

• We find out who are in the tag match as The Filthy Animals take on Shawn Stasiak and Mark Jindrak. Kidman and Mysterio use all the high flying in their arsenal, but their larger foes stay one step ahead. Kidman is about to hit the Kid Krusher on Jindrak at the end, but that’s when Lance Storm sneaks in and delivers a superkick, leading to a facebuster by Mark, who makes the cover for the win at 5:43. (C) Stasiak seemed off his game. Tygress did good work at ringside. Stevie Ray was pretty weak. As planned, this match brought the crowd down a little.

• Gene Okerlund is standing by with the rest of Team Canada by the time Storm gets back to the interview area, with him saying that was just a taste of what Kidman and Mysterio will feel on Sunday at Sin. Skipper chimes in that Canadian training is way better than Latino training, and Awesome says that he doesn’t have to wait for Sin, as Konnan is going to feel the Awesome Bomb later tonight! Lance closes by saying that they can’t blame Canada, they only have themselves to blame. (D) Major Gunns helped Storm during this segment.

• A short Nitro recap video shows what happened during the match between Shane Douglas and Corporal Cajun, as General Rection couldn’t control himself anymore and stepped in, but caused Cajun to lose by disqualification. (D)

• While things on Nitro during their interview were more jovial, tonight when “Mean” Gene talks to The Misfits in Action, it’s a much more tense mood. Gene points out that while General Rection has his US title defense at Sin to worry about, he has heard that Cajun will be in a triple threat number one contender’s bout on Nitro for whoever is wearing the Cruiserweight title after Sin. Rection tries to apologize for what happened, but Cajun offers another solution. “We are still friends, still in this together, Hugh, of course; but maybe at Sin, I’ll leave you to your match, and on Nitro, you leave me to mine.” (D)

Norman Smiley isn’t screaming tonight because he knows Glacier is watching backstage, but maybe he should be as he takes on Sean O’Haire. Norman outwrestles the rookie monster briefly, but O’Haire is just too strong and agile, getting back in control and dazzling the crowd with the Seanton Bomb to score the victory at 3:46. (D+) O’Haire and Norman have great chemistry. Tony and Tenay’s awkwardness showed again, as did Stevie’s weakness.

• The remainder of the Thrillers hit the ring to begin hammering on Smiley, sending a message. Norman cries out for Glacier, but a cameraman catches him backstage fixing his mask in a mirror. Ernest Miller charges out to the ring to try and put a stop to this, but five on one odds are too much, and he’s left lying on the mat next to Smiley. (C-)

• “Mean” Gene interviews KroniK, who are not happy that they haven’t gotten paid in the past few weeks. Adams says that he is starting to think that Totally Buff are the cause of this. (C)

• In a Hardcore match, Reno takes on the friend of his brother, Johnny the Bull. The two trade weapon shots for the bout, but Reno ends up on the receiving end of a stickball bat wielded by Big Vito! Johnny and Vito deliver their hip toss flapjack, and at 4:22 the Bull picks up a big win! (E) Stevie is just weak at the desk.

• Backstage, “Mean” Gene stands by with Totally Buff, and he asks them if that was fear in their eyes on Nitro when they saw Goldberg with Road Warrior Animal. They assure everyone that look was not fear, it was two men changing their plans. They are not afraid of Animal, Goldberg, Kronik, anyone who wants some can find them anywhere! (C+)

• The rest of the Thrillers being in matches earlier means that Chuck Palumbo takes on Diamond Dallas Page in our hour one main event. Palumbo stays one quick step ahead of Page for much of the match, but Dallas dodges a superkick to land the Diamond Cutter! But that’s when Sean O’Haire levels Page with a clothesline, causing referee Scott James to call for the disqualification in 6:13. (C+) This match got the crowd buzzing, despite Stevie’s weakness.

• The match is finished but the action is not, as the rest of the Thrillers hit the ring to try and beat DDP down like they did to Norman and Ernest earlier. But this time, it’s Kevin Nash who comes to save the day, and the World Tag Team champions may not send the NBT running, but they hold their own until officials come to break them all up! (B) Reno was very underwhelming. Stevie keeps hurting the show with weak commentary.

• We get a video recap of our opening segment, as Ric Flair books Scott Steiner to face Jeff Jarrett for the World title, right here tonight! (C-)

• Tony, Mike, and Stevie discuss the match, talking about how this could be Jarrett’s last chance to get into a match for Sin, let alone the title match. But he would be walking in as the World champion, so what could that mean for Scott Steiner? We don’t know, but we do have “Mean” Gene backstage with Jeff Jarrett right now. (C)

“The Chosen One” Jeff Jarrett is with the Harris Brothers and “Mean” Gene. Gene asks Jarrett what he thinks of this match tonight, where he could become the World’s Heavyweight champion for a fifth time. Jarrett tells him that he knows all about that, and that his friendship with Steiner had more to do with business than personal. That’s why the two will fight tonight and see who the better man is, and the better man will walk out as champion. Gene prods Jarrett about his guitar shot on Nitro which wrapped around Steiner’s head, saying that Jeff didn’t seem very apologetic about it. Jarrett tells him to quit trying to cause trouble, before he gives him a new wooden necklace, “old man slapnut”. (C)

• In another hardcore match, as a preview for the Hardcore championship match at Sin, Meng goes up against Crowbar. The two men brutalize one another with weapons all around the arena, until Crowbar smashes Meng with three consecutive chairshots and makes a cover, barely holding him down for the three in 4:14. (D+) This match got the crowd buzzing, with Stevie Ray’s weak commentary against it.

• “Mean” Gene is back with The Insiders, with a fired up DDP saying that he doesn’t care who of the Thrillers they face at Sin, they’ll take on all six of them! Nash says that he’s always been more used to having the numbers advantage, but this time he doesn’t. But it doesn’t matter, because he always has something up his sleeve. Even if all he has is just being a seven foot tall “Big Sexy”, which is all he’s gonna need this Sunday at Sin. “And even if they get past this seven foot tall, handsome piece of hunk…” “They still are gonna feel the BANG!” (C) Page did a masterful job of improvising, while Nash and Gene improvised well. Page’s performance was fantastic, Nash looked good, but Gene was very underwhelming.

Konnan is out for his match, representing the Filthy Animals as he tries to take the fight to Team Canada. But he runs into a mountain of Mike Awesome, who barely gives an inch. “K-Dawg” is all kinds of rowdy-rowdy, but an Awesome Bomb cures that, as Mike picks up the victory at 6:59. (C) Konnan was really off his game, Tygress did good work, and Stevie Ray was weak. Two wild brawl, crazy matches in quick succession didn’t allow the crowd to catch their breath.

• It would have been great to leave it at that, but the rest of Team Canada decide to try their luck on putting Konnan out of Sin with a post-match attack. But Mysterio and Kidman rush out to even the odds, with Jim Duggan coming out to help clear the Canadians out! They may have picked up the win, but the Filthy Animals leave with some big momentum heading into Sin! (D+)

• Gene is back in the interview area this time with the boss, Ric Flair, who is all smiles. Flair and Gene get on like old friends, with Ric dancing around and talking about how his masked man is going to teach Scott Steiner a few things about respect, and if he doesn’t then Sid will! “The Nature Boy” says that til he’s done, “Big Poppa Pump” will be remembered as a great World champion – but he’s gonna have to fight his way to that claim! (B-) Gene was superb off-script, and Flair improvised well.

Totally Buff are walking backstage, when they happen to run into Road Warrior Animal! They seem like they are thinking about attacking him, but they turn around and see Goldberg in front of them! Lex and Buff tell him to wait for Sin, when it’ll be all fair… but as they’re backing up, they back right into KroniK! As soon as they realize how cornered they are, Luger and Bagwell take off running! (B) Buff performed poorly here, but Goldberg came out of it looking excellent.

• When we return from a quick break, Goldberg and Animal are standing with “Mean” Gene. The two make jokes about how yellow Luger and Bagwell’s backs looked – and not to mention the smell – as they were running away. But on Sunday, there will be no running, and they will be next! (B-)

Terry Funk is seen backstage, and he is approached by Daffney, who is looking very vibrant in a pink wig and bright white shirt and boots. She tells him that he’s been a legend for a long time, but maybe it’s time to move on, and before Sin, he should just hand the title to Crowbar. When Funk rages at her about never giving up and never riding out into the sunset until he’s getting carried there feet first, Daffney whispers to him that he can suit himself, he isn’t booked to win at Sin anyways. Funk tells her to get out of here, so she skips away. (D)

• “Mean” Gene has “Big Poppa Pump” himself in the interview area, with Gene asking for a few words about Jeff Jarrett’s title match tonight. Steiner says “It don’t matter who I fight for this belt! They gonna find that there nothing finer than Scott Steiner, ‘cause ‘Big Poppa Pump’ is gonna go into Sin, even if I got a sin on my resume! Jeff Jarrett! You been helpin’ me by helpin’ yer’self, but tonight, I help myself, to some’a your broke bones if I hafta! Don’t be thinkin’ that I forgot about that guitar ‘round my head on Nitro! Ric Flair thinks he’s being clever puttin’ us against one’nother, but I’ll be clever, when I keep this title from that jealous old bastard, ‘cause ‘Poppa Pump’ is yer hookup! Holla if ya hear me!” (B-) Scott was superb off-script, his performance fantastic. Gene looked dreadful.

• In a cruiserweight showcase match, Kaz Hayashi of the Jung Dragons takes on Jamie Knoble, formerly of the Jung Dragons. The two put on a nice match that sees Knoble pick up the win in 5:12 by turning a headscissor attempt into a Tombstone piledriver. (D) Kaz and Meow are a very poor combination. Stevie was pretty weak. As planned, this match brought the fans down a little.

• Backstage, Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett are getting their last minute preparations done! The main event is next! (B-)[*] In our World Heavyweight championship match, Jeff Jarrett nearly upsets Scott Steiner with a series of near-falls, but Scott is too powerful. Jeff tries to take the legs out from under “The Genetic Freak” but Steiner answers back with a belly to belly suplex that sends Jarrett out of the ring! The Harris Brothers enter the picture, drawing Charles Robinson away, which allows Jeff a chance to get his guitar. But Midajah slides Steiner his lead pipe, and he blasts the guitar apart with it before blasting Jarrett with it! “No honor among thieves!” shouts Mike Tenay, as Steiner makes the cover and retains his title at 8:43 to head into Sin! (C+) Tony and Mike were awkward, Stevie was weak. This match got the crowd hotter, despite being heel vs. heel.

Sid Vicious enters the ring, getting into a staredown with Steiner. Until Ric Flair’s music hits, and he comes to the top of the ramp alongside his masked Mystery Man! Tony says that it looks like these are our participants for Sin’s main event, but who will it be? When we come back next Monday on Nitro, who will be our World’s Heavyweight champion?! (A) Stevie Ray was pretty weak, but the angle got the crowd hotter.[/list]

WCW Worldwide
Aired January 13th, 2001
Held at: The Forum in Fishers, Indiana (Great Lakes)
Announcers: Mike Tenay and Scott Hudson
Attendance: 821
TV Rating: 0.06 on Syndication
Show Rating: D+
The crowd were annoyed at not having more segments to watch.

Quote:
  • Mike Tenay and Scott Hudson discuss the new issue of WCW Magazine, talking about Sting being on the cover and saying he should be back in WCW soon. They also bring up Goldberg’s recent featured article in Playboy magazine. (C)
  • “The Professor’s Pick of the Week” takes us back to Great American Bash 1998, when Booker T defeated Fit Finlay for the WCW Television title. (C-)
  • “Das Wunderkind” Alex Wright d. Kwee Wee in 8:59 with a German suplex (C-) Paisley did good work at ringside. Wright and Kwee Wee showed pretty good chemistry against one another.
  • Tenay and Hudson run down the card for Sin, telling fans to make sure they order before tomorrow night so they don’t get shut out of the action! (B)

Last edited by Beejus : 01-29-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Unread 01-23-2017, 06:46 AM
All Star

Default WCW Sin prediction card

World Championship Wrestling presents
Sin
Held live from the Conseco Fieldhouse at Indianapolis, Indiana!

Quote:
WCW World Heavyweight Championship – Triple Threat Match
“Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner w/Midajah vs. Sid Vicious vs. ????
Extra Point: Who is Ric Flair’s Mystery Man?
Comments:

Goldberg’s Streak vs. Goldberg’s Career
Totally Buff vs. Goldberg & Road Warrior Animal
Comments:

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
The Insiders vs. Two of the Natural Born Thrillers
Extra Point: Which Two Thrillers?
Comments:

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship – Chain on a Pole Match
General Rection vs. “The Franchise” Shane Douglas
Comments:

Six-Man Tag Team Match
The Filthy Animals w/Tygress and Jim Duggan vs. Team Canada w/Major Gunns
Comments:

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. “Sugar” Shane Helms
Comments:

WCW Hardcore Championship Invitational Match
Confirmed: Terry Funk, Crowbar, and Meng, with twelve other unknown participants!
Not enough people confirmed to count this one for a full point, so there are two extra points for this match. So: Name three other participants, who could be from inside or outside of WCW, may or may not have had a match already at Sin, who will participate in this match:
Two Extra Points: Who holds the title at the end of the match?
Comments:

Parking Lot Street Fight
Big Vito vs. Reno
Comments:

Tiebreaker Question: How long does the World championship match last?
12 points to be had if anyone can get them all! Good luck!
Unread 01-23-2017, 07:43 AM
Phenom

????
Extra Point: Who is Ric Flair’s Mystery Man? Sting
Comments: if its Sting or not, I don't see a mystery man being added without a win.

Goldberg & Road Warrior Animal
Comments: No reason to lose Goldberg yet.

Two of the Natural Born Thrillers
Extra Point: Which Two Thrillers? Jindrak and Palumbo
Comments:

General Rection
Comments: Morrus is really underrated and although I'm sure an MIA split is soon, let's delay it

Six-Man Tag Team Match
Team Canada w/Major Gunns
Comments: Mike Awesome.

Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Comments: Good heel cruiser weight

Confirmed: Terry Funk, Crowbar, and Meng, with twelve other unknown participants!
Not enough people confirmed to count this one for a full point, so there are two extra points for this match. So: Name three other participants, who could be from inside or outside of WCW, may or may not have had a match already at Sin, who will participate in this match: let's see who was unemployed or in Ecw... let's go with Norman Smiley Glacier and RVD
Two Extra Points: Who holds the title at the end of the match? Meng
Comments:

Parking Lot Street Fight
Big Vito
Comments:

Tiebreaker Question: How long does the World championship match last? 25 minutes

Last edited by Briskout : 01-23-2017 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Autocorrect
Unread 01-23-2017, 09:50 AM
Super Star

Extra Point: Who is Ric Flair’s Mystery Man? I too will go with Sting
Comments: I don't I want to see Steiner lose yet, so I expect someone to screw Sting here - maybe Jarrett?

Comments: As much as RWA shouldn't be winning at this stage of his career, Lex shouldn't be either

Extra Point: Which Two Thrillers? Palumbo & Stasiak
Comments: Creative Control, brother.

Comments: Brings some Stability to the belt. Plus, I refuse to support someone with a crotch joke as a name

Six-Man Tag Team Match
Comments: I'm guessing the Animals get some momentum and a guy like Elix Skipper takes the fall

Comments: I like Helms, but Chavo is a steady hand to guide through a short dark period

Not enough people confirmed to count this one for a full point, so there are two extra points for this match. So: Name three other participants, who could be from inside or outside of WCW, may or may not have had a match already at Sin, who will participate in this match: Norman Smiley, Glacier, Hardcore Hak
Two Extra Points: Who holds the title at the end of the match? I'll say Funk keeps it, or a new guy takes it
Comments:

Parking Lot Street Fight
Big Vito vs. Reno
Comments: Eh? Can't say I care about either really.

Tiebreaker Question: How long does the World championship match last? Steiner+Sid? 18:00
Unread 01-23-2017, 12:08 PM
Major League

Extra Point: Who is Ric Flair’s Mystery Man? First thought is Sting or Booker T, though it depends on the length of Sting's leave and Booker's injury whether they're available. I'll go with Sting.
Comments: I, too, think that Double J will get involved somehow and cost Sting the title, allowing Steiner to retain by beating Sid and maybe setting up Steiner vs. Sting for down the road.

Comments: Goldberg is still a major player at this point, no reason to lose him.

Extra Point: Which Two Thrillers? Jindrak and Stasiak
Comments: I don't think The Insiders should lose the titles yet. The Thrillers could very well be the ones to beat them, but I think they need a little more experience and a little more buildup. Also, I don't know if Nash has creative control, but even if he doesn't, he's not gonna be too happy losing this one.

Comments: Hugh Morrus is a solid hand, but Douglas would be a good US Champion at this stage, I think.

Six-Man Tag Team Match
Comments:Tough one to call, but I'll go with a cheap victory for Team Canada.

Comments: Wouldn't it be cool if Chavo had a year long reign as Cruiserweight Champion?

Not enough people confirmed to count this one for a full point, so there are two extra points for this match. So: Name three other participants, who could be from inside or outside of WCW, may or may not have had a match already at Sin, who will participate in this match: Norman Smiley, The Sandman/Hardcore Hak and Johnny The Bull
Two Extra Points: Who holds the title at the end of the match? Terry Funk retains, only to lose it down the road in a one on one match
Comments:

Parking Lot Street Fight
Big Vito vs. Reno
Comments: Vito could be a useful hand in you tag team division with Johnny The Bull, while Reno...yeah, never saw much in him.

Tiebreaker Question: How long does the World championship match last? 13:26
Unread 01-23-2017, 06:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Extra Point: Who is Ric Flair’s Mystery Man?- Sting
Comments:

Comments:

Extra Point: Which Two Thrillers?- O'Haire & Palumbo
Comments:

Comments:

Six-Man Tag Team Match
Comments:

Comments:

Not enough people confirmed to count this one for a full point, so there are two extra points for this match. So: Name three other participants, who could be from inside or outside of WCW, may or may not have had a match already at Sin, who will participate in this match: Finlay, Knobbs, & Smiley
Two Extra Points: Who holds the title at the end of the match?- Funk
Comments:

Parking Lot Street Fight
Big Vito vs. Reno
Comments:

Tiebreaker Question: How long does the World championship match last?- 20:43
Unread 01-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Major League

Extra Point: Who is Ric Flair’s Mystery Man? I am going to say Sting
Comments: Should be a solid match

Comments: Goldberg still has a lot of market value.

Extra Point: Which Two Thrillers? Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo
Comments: Get the new guys over

Comments: More long term potential

Six-Man Tag Team Match
Comments: Toss up in my opinion

Comments:

Not enough people confirmed to count this one for a full point, so there are two extra points for this match. So: Name three other participants, who could be from inside or outside of WCW, may or may not have had a match already at Sin, who will participate in this match: The Barbarian, Fit Finlay and Christoper Daniels
Two Extra Points: Who holds the title at the end of the match? Meng
Comments: Interesting

Parking Lot Street Fight
Big Vito vs. Reno
Comments: Again more long term potential, Vito has more potential to be a good mid card act.

Tiebreaker Question: How long does the World championship match last? 21:11