Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-16-2017, 07:51 PM

I'm already loving this. The Golden Age will always hold a soft spot in my heart, and after TFC's amazing 2013 diary, I'm curious as to how this alternate timeline will play out.

Also, love how there's a focus on the women. Eager to see a few more show up (come on Lioness Asuka)
Unread 02-24-2017, 07:28 AM
All Star

I was proud of how WrestleMania III came off, how we set a new world indoor attendance record (again, despite what some former disgruntled promoter would have had others to believe), and how my big players came through when it really mattered. But as I had said before, we couldn't get complacent. So we hit the ground running with the first Main Event after WrestleMania. And did we ever hit the ground running, kicking off the show with the Hart Foundation retaining their WWF Tag Team Titles over the Can-Am Connection in a hard fought match, thanks in part to some chicanery.

We also used this edition of The Main Event to debut some of my new signings. I debuted Owen Hart, but not in the way people expected. With Bret Hart still being a heel, and with my plan to start Owen off as a babyface, I didn't want to bring about brother vs. brother just yet, not when I could make big bucks off that sort of angle in the future. Plus, while he would get his share of wins, I thought Owen would be useful in giving some top heels needed victories. So I put him under a hood and renamed him the Blue Blazer. I know he hated that character at first, but I explained to him it was only a temporary thing and that before too long, people (other than die-hard fans, of course) would forget about his Blue Blazer days. We ran some vignettes over the coming weeks of him "saving the day" to help hype up the character.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that while Demolition did make short work of Ivan Putski and Lanny Poffo, it wasn't Poffo that ate the pin. Rather, he turned on Putski, allowing Demolition to finish the Polish superstar off and lead to Lanny becoming the Genius. Oh, he still read poetry, but now his poems were filled with big, verbose words that the average person could not understand. And instead of making fun of the heels, his poems would now mock the babyfaces. He also proclaimed that he was looking to managing as well as wrestling on the side, and he was in search of the "perfect wrestler." During this time, I was in contract negotiations with Curt Hennig, who knew that he most likely wouldn't be utilized properly in the AWA as Verne was so stubborn that Nick Bockwinkel, who was now into his 50s, was still their World Heavyweight Champion.

I also kept some angles running past WrestleMania. We conducted a satellite interview with the Macho Man in which he would go irate when he found out he wasn't getting a rematch for his Intercontinental Title right away. Instead, Steamboat's first challenger would be the mighty Hercules from the Heenan Family. Meanwhile, Adrian Adonis swore revenge on Rowdy Roddy Piper, who had stated that he opted not to leave for Hollywood just yet as he felt he had plenty of business to conduct in the WWF. We kept the Honky Tonk Man/Jake Roberts feud going, but it almost came to a screeching halt when the results of Jake's drug test (a test everyone had to take at every show) came up positive for Oxycontin. The finish where Jake went berserk and got himself disqualified actually gave us a good out as it allowed us to have on-air "President" Jack Tunney to explain Jake's real life suspension for the drug test as Jake being suspended for his actions at WrestleMania.

After seeing what drugs had done to Fritz's company, I decided that it was time to take appropriate action on those who were caught using drugs. Some wrestlers I fined, such as Barry O, Dynamite Kid and Tom Zenk. Others I suspended, such as the aforementioned Jake "The Snake" Roberts and Billy Jack Haynes. However, there were two who I felt had seen their better days and were of no more use to the roster that I opted to fire over their positive drug tests: Junkyard Dog and the Iron Sheik. I also allowed Nikolai Volkoff to get out of his contract early as again, his best days were behind him, and he lost to Hulk Hogan on his way out the door. Nikolai didn't fail any tests, but the whole Russian villain story had worn out its welcome, and he wasn't getting any younger. And I didn't think fans would buy him as someone who all of a sudden changed his mind and loved America.

After Hogan's non-title victory, Hercules, Harley Race and King Kong Bundy hit the ring to attack him. The British Bulldogs attempted to come to Hogan's rescue, but Cowboy Bob Orton and Magnificent Muraco ran out to stop them, leading to a Hogan beatdown. This kept Hogan's feud with the Heenan Family going. Heenan would proclaim that Andre got jobbed and would return when Hogan least expected it. But in the meantime, his "Family" was going to take care of Hogan and leave what was left of him for Andre to eventually finish off.

Kevin Sullivan's wife, Nancy, who previously made a name for herself as the Fallen Angel, was brought in as Woman. She had proclaimed for a few weeks that "death and destruction" was coming to the WWF. She made good on that promise when she revealed the former Mark Callous, who had been renamed the Undertaker. Woman wouldn't stop with the Undertaker, as she would eventually take Kamala under her wing, and turned Dan Spivey from the Golden Boy into a crazed maniac.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the Rockers had debuted before WrestleMania III and seemed to be off to a successful start. And a heel turn that occurred before WrestleMania III saw the Islanders join the ranks of the Heenan Family, as the Brain had been looking for a tag team to eventually bring him tag team gold.

Did I mention that after shaving Adrian Adonis' head at WrestleMania III, Brutus Beefcake declared that he was now "The Barber," as in Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake? We even ran vignettes of him going to barber college.

Last edited by Matt Shannon : 02-24-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Unread 03-07-2017, 06:55 AM
All Star

EDIT

edited this post by mistake

Last edited by Matt Shannon : 04-10-2017 at 07:08 AM.
Unread 03-10-2017, 06:53 AM
All Star

Not even a week after WrestleMania III, Paul Roma decided to start spreading rumors about the Ultimate Warrior preying on "ring rats" (his words, not mine) after shows. I didn't feel it was a fireable offense so I elected to give Paul a stern warning, but he seemed to shrug it off. Knowing that I would possibly one day have to part ways with him, and after the recent fines, suspensions and firings of workers violating our new drug policy, I had gone on another hiring spree.

In addition to some enhancement talent I picked up to help get our superstars over, I managed to pick up Curt Hennig, who I would repackage as Mr. Perfect, as well as the One Man Gang and Ray Traylor. Traylor had previously worked for Jim Crockett Promotions as Big Bubba Rogers, doing a bodyguard gimmick where he dressed like someone who would be an enforcer for the Blues Brothers. However, I found out that he used to be a prison guard in Georgia, so I decided to utilize that into his new character of the Big Boss Man. I teamed him up with the One Man Gang and gave them both Slick as their manager. The premise here was that Big Boss Man was a dirty cop who took bribes from Slick to keep One Man Gang from getting in trouble with the law.

I was hoping that Curt would either have good or neutral chemistry with the Genius, at least as far as Genius managing Curt was concerned, because I had already planned on packaging Curt as Mr. Perfect, and I had a huge push in store for him. However, he tested positive for steroids a few weeks later. I levied out a pretty hefty fine, and that got his attention as he never failed another steroids test again. Thank goodness because I had a major push in store for him being the perfect wrestler and all.

About a month after WrestleMania III, we got the green light from NBC to run another Saturday Night's Main Event television special. This particular edition of Saturday Night's Main Event would set the wheels in motion for some new feuds going from the spring into summer. I was banking on these new feuds to catch fire as I was going to attempt a summer series of PPV events. While I had started going the route of having the main event of Saturday Night's Main Event go on last, I thought it would be a great idea to actually kick off the show with a steel cage match pitting Rowdy Roddy Piper against Adrian Adonis. The story here was that Adonis had promised revenge on the Rowdy One for his head being shaved, while Piper promised to vanquish the now not-so-Adorable One once and for all. Piper would get the victory as I was phasing Adonis out.

The British Bulldogs had a score to settle with "Magnificent" Don Muraco and Cowboy Bob Orton as those two goons attacked the Bulldogs when they tried to save Hogan from a Heenan Family beat down. The Bulldogs would get the win here to end that feud as I had some plans in store for Bob Orton.

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat retained his Intercontinental Title against the mighty Hercules, but a still bitter "Macho Man" Randy Savage attacked Steamboat after the bell! Savage really laid into Steamboat good here, and that brought out none other than Rowdy Roddy Piper himself. I felt this feud had money written all over it.

We closed out the show with Hulk Hogan successfully defending his WWF Championship against King Harley Race. Despite the loss, Race was vowing that he would get Hogan one more time.
Unread 03-13-2017, 04:56 AM
Minor League

looking forward to seeing the push perfect gets...he was without a dout one of the most under used guys in WWF history....id guess because he didn't look like a superehero........ Same as Jake Roberts imo.
Unread 03-14-2017, 06:04 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Monk View Post
looking forward to seeing the push perfect gets...he was without a dout one of the most under used guys in WWF history....id guess because he didn't look like a superehero........ Same as Jake Roberts imo.
I think with Perfect, it was a case of bad timing. Around the time Vince was about to give him the ball, Warrior had already started getting huge reactions. Then the staredown between Hogan and Warrior at the 1990 Royal Rumble happened, and it was church. Even if Perfect had won the Rumble as supposedly was originally planned, Vince probably still would have gone with Hogan/Warrior for WM VI.

With Jake, he himself said that he cost himself a chance to get a title run with his drug habits.
Unread 03-15-2017, 07:02 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Shannon View Post
I think with Perfect, it was a case of bad timing. Around the time Vince was about to give him the ball, Warrior had already started getting huge reactions. Then the staredown between Hogan and Warrior at the 1990 Royal Rumble happened, and it was church. Even if Perfect had won the Rumble as supposedly was originally planned, Vince probably still would have gone with Hogan/Warrior for WM VI.

With Jake, he himself said that he cost himself a chance to get a title run with his drug habits.
Think your def right about Mr P, although I think moving forward he'd have made a good opponent for the warrior or even Hogan but I just don't see the WWF back then ever putting the title on him as he wasn't the look. Im currently signing Mr P for JCP. im gonna team him with Rude and have called Perfectly Ravishing. they will be my dominant team until I think they both ready for mega single pushes, and become the figureheads of my company
Unread 03-15-2017, 07:31 AM
All Star

Good pick ups with Curt, OMG, and Boss Man. I look forward to seeing them be minor players as they feud with the Mega Powers

To be sure, the Towers would make some great wild brawls with Demolition if and when you turn the Demos face. And you may just be able to work with Steamboat as far as giving him some great matches against Hennig. My biggest question is: when does the Texas based booker bring in some Von Erichs?!
Unread 03-15-2017, 07:51 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejus View Post
Good pick ups with Curt, OMG, and Boss Man. I look forward to seeing them be minor players as they feud with the Mega Powers

To be sure, the Towers would make some great wild brawls with Demolition if and when you turn the Demos face. And you may just be able to work with Steamboat as far as giving him some great matches against Hennig. My biggest question is: when does the Texas based booker bring in some Von Erichs?!
On all those fronts, let's just say that you may or may not like the year 1988.
Unread 03-20-2017, 07:18 AM
All Star

The month of May proved to be an eventful month, in more ways than one. We were hyping up the King Of The Ring, the first time that this tournament would be televised. While the rest of the country didn't know about the previous two tournaments because they were house shows, I knew I couldn't insult the intelligence of those who had attended those two events, as well as the handful of hardcore fans who subscribed to the newsletters and Apter magazines. So we acknowledged the first two years of the King Of The Ring with the story that it had become so prestigious that WWF President Jack Tunney felt that it deserved to be shown on television for the world to see. It would also be a two night affair so that we could showcase other big matches along with the tournament, with the first night being broadcast on the USA Network, and the second night available on a PPV basis.

The weeks leading up to the event proved to be eventful as well. Dino Bravo had tested positive for steroids and was suspended for one month. We had covered for this on television with Luscious Johnny V and Greg "The Hammer" Valentine stating that Bravo had disrespected the American flag at a recent live event and that Pres. Tunney suspended Bravo for it, and of course they felt that the kayfabe punishment was harsh. Corporal Kirchner meanwhile tested positive for marijuana, and knowing his past drug troubles, I opted to send him to rehab. And Billy Jack Haynes was getting heat with the locker room for trying to throw others under the bus to my road agents with some of the most wild ass stories imaginable. So wild ass that not even my road agents would believe them. I told Billy Jack to cut it out, but like most things with Billy Jack (or as Pedro Morales so affectionately called him, "Beeeely"), it went in one ear and out the other.

Meanwhile, I extended the contracts of both Ken Resnick and Lord Alfred Hayes, and I signed a regional wrestler by the name of Jerry Oates to play the part of Kim Chee as I wanted to get Steve Lombardi out of that gimmick. I had to give Jerry a trial run though before I signed him to a full fledged contract. He just so happened to be looking for work in an area we had ran TV in and I hired him for the night to work as an enhancement talent, then I did a test run with him under the Kim Chee get-up to see how he and Kamala interacted with each other. There was no bad chemistry to be had, so a full contract was in order.

Speaking of TV, I had wanted to get rid of Superstars altogether or figure out a way to get it onto another network. The various TV stations wouldn't let me change it to a B show, and it was pretty expensive to outright cancel it. I knew eventually I probably could, but at the moment, I didn't want to spend my money on that. So I chugged along, putting on feature matches as the main event for each show, but I knew I couldn't do it forever as I could foresee that the fans wouldn't want a show of only squash matches forever. They were fine with squashes here or there throughout a two hour show to make other superstars look good, but not a full-on squash show.

With the challenges that lay ahead, I had my King Of The Ring bracket set:

-Honky Tonk Man
-Koko B. Ware

-Cowboy Bob Orton
-Jim Duggan

-"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
-Tito Santana

-King Harley Race
-Jake "The Snake" Roberts

OOC: Alright, in honor of March Madness, this will be one of those rare instances where I will take predictions. Get your brackets together, and go ahead and post who all you think will win each match (or if there will be a draw), and who will win it all. The way the wrestlers are listed is the bracket layout: so the winner of HTM vs Koko would face the winner of Orton vs Duggan, winner of DiBiase vs Santana would face the winner of Race vs Roberts, and so on and so forth.

You get one point for each winner you guess correctly, and five points if you guess who wins it all. I will contact the winner via PM with what they get to do in the dynasty. Seeing as that my actual save is much further along than this dynasty, I won't be able to hand out prizes such as "sign worker X," "give worker X a title shot," etc. But it will be something neat nonetheless. I am open to suggestions as well.
Unread 03-20-2017, 08:32 AM
Low Minors

Honky Tonk Man v Koko B. Ware
Cowboy Bob Orton v Jim Duggan
"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase v Tito Santana
King Harley Race v Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Honky Tonk Man v Jim Duggan
"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase v Jake the Snake Roberts

Jim Duggan v "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
Unread 03-20-2017, 08:34 AM
Minor League

Radical