Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Minor League

Special Announcement

The Great American Bash Tour will beginning after the after the next episode of WCW and with that will come a longer, more involved prediction game with some decently high stakes. That said, there will be a special one-off prediction game for the Eddie Graham Memorial Show 1987. It's a quick, 1-show game, so the prize (once I figure one out) will most likely be a small one.

This show will not be written up in full detail (expect something like the April Supershow) since it's not being broadcast. The events and results from this show will have in-game consequences however.

I expect to post the show in about 24 hours, so this will be a quick turnaround.

Quote:

The Eddie Graham Memorial Show 1987
June Week 3 1987
Official Prediction Card
*Faces always listed first

Fijian Strap Match for the NWA World Championship: Jimmy Snuka vs. Ric Flair (c)
The Super Powers vs. The Russian Team
Mike Graham vs. Baron Von Raschke
Hector Guerrero, Wahoo McDaniel & Shane Douglas vs. Big Bubba Rogers & The Midnight Express w/ Jim Cornette
The Road Warriors & The Fantastics vs. Kevin Sullivan, The Barbarian & The Grapplers
Tom Horner vs. Lex Luger w/ JJ Dillon
The Garvins w/ Precious vs. Barry Windham & Manny Fernandez w/ Paul Jones
Scott Hall vs. Brian Adams
Television Championship: Ole Anderson vs. Arn Anderson (c) w/ JJ Dillon
World Tag Team Championship: The Rock n' Roll Express (c) vs. The Sheepherders
Brad Armstrong vs. Ron Simmons
Mike Rotundo & Jimmy Valiant vs. Dick Murdoch & The Spoiler

Tie Breaker #1) What will be the highest rated match on the show?
Tie Breaker #2) What will be the lowest rated match on the show?
Tie Breaker #3) What overall letter grade will the show receive?

General Diary Feedback:
Unread 06-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Major League

Fijian Strap Match for the NWA World Championship: Jimmy Snuka vs. Ric Flair (c)
Hector Guerrero, Wahoo McDaniel & Shane Douglas vs. Big Bubba Rogers & The Midnight Express w/ Jim Cornette
The Road Warriors & The Fantastics vs. Kevin Sullivan, The Barbarian & The Grapplers

Tie Breaker #1) What will be the highest rated match on the show? Flair vs snuka
Tie Breaker #2) What will be the lowest rated match on the show? Horner Vs lex
Tie Breaker #3) What overall letter grade will the show receive? B-

General Diary Feedback:
Unread 06-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Minor League

There will be interference from the Horseman in this one

I originally picked the Super Powers....but maybe Texas Red makes an appearance instead

The Baron needs a win after agreeing to lose to Scott Hall

Cornette will be involved here

I don't think even Twin Magic will help the Grapplers here.....but if the Warrior/Fantastics team do lose, it won't be Hawk or Animal counting the lights

No Brainer there

Im torn on this one....but I think the heels will prevail

The streak continues for the moustachio'd man mountain

A good old fashioned time limit draw

I'm going for a surprise title change, with the RnR getting the straps back during the Bash tour

Someone needs building up for Murdoch.....why not Captin' Mike

Tie Breaker #1) What will be the highest rated match on the show? Super Powers/Russians
Tie Breaker #2) What will be the lowest rated match on the show? Horner/Luger
Tie Breaker #3) What overall letter grade will the show receive? B+

General Diary Feedback:
Unread 06-19-2017, 05:01 PM
Living Legend

Tie Breaker #1) What will be the highest rated match on the show? Snuka v Flair
Tie Breaker #2) What will be the lowest rated match on the show? Rotundo & Valiant v Murdoch & Spoiler
Tie Breaker #3) What overall letter grade will the show receive? B
Unread 06-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Tie Breaker #1) What will be the highest rated match on the show?- Snuka/Flair
Tie Breaker #2) What will be the lowest rated match on the show?- Hall/Adams
Tie Breaker #3) What overall letter grade will the show receive?- B
Unread 06-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Ric Flair - Sorry Jimmy, even in your own style of match it just isn't going to happen.
Super Powers - No one can withstand American and Russian Dreams united!
Mike Graham - Given it's his dad's tribute show, he should probably pick up a nice win.
Camp Cornette - I know you haven't technically given them that name, but it does fit no matter the time period.
Road Warriors & Fantastics - I'm calling this one a DQ finish, as either someone new to the party interferes or Sullivan uses an international object to blast Hawk with.
Lex Luger
The Garvins - I don't think Windham really cares much about the Jones Army, so he would leave Manny to get beaten by Ron if push came to shove.
Scott Hall - Two big hoss-like studs here, but only one has the majestic mustache that we love around here!
Anderson time limit draw - 10 minute time limit rears it's ugly head here as Arn plays keep-away long enough to retain the title. This one should be a really fun draw on the GAB Tour.
RNR Express - By pinfall or by DQ, the Express retain.
Ron Simmons - Brad may be still getting the push, but at some point Ron will catch him, and then it'll be lights out.
Rotundo & Valiant - Mike would make a solid US champ, but he'd be better if you were to eventually set up a heel turn for him. For now though, he'll make a good run.

1. Snuka vs. Flair
2. Horner vs. Luger
3. B+
Unread 06-19-2017, 08:08 PM
Minor League

Sorry for the bump, but I wanted to mention to anyone who enjoys this diary or NWA wrestling from this time period, you need to listen to the What Happened When Mondays podcast with Tony Schiavone and Conrad Thompson that came out today. Today's episode is almost 3 full hours on the Horsemen. As you can always expect with any Conrad Thompson show, it's super well researched and informative. Super enjoyable listen and is getting me even twice as excited about running forward with this diary.
Unread 06-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossface View Post
Sorry for the bump, but I wanted to mention to anyone who enjoys this diary or NWA wrestling from this time period, you need to listen to the What Happened When Mondays podcast with Tony Schiavone and Conrad Thompson that came out today. Today's episode is almost 3 full hours on the Horsemen. As you can always expect with any Conrad Thompson show, it's super well researched and informative. Super enjoyable listen and is getting me even twice as excited about running forward with this diary.
Dude...I am just finishing that episode myself and it's def. a great listen.

-Sorry Snuka...ain't happening
-Dusty's attacker makes another visit
-Should win one on his dad's show
-Keep Corny strong
-Hawk is wounded, Grapplers got a great little twin magic
-Flex Lexy
-Barry bails on Manny
-Obvi.
-going with a shocking title change here
-could go either way
-another one that could go either way

-more dirty tricks from Tricky Dicky

Tie Breaker #1) What will be the highest rated match on the show? Flair/Snuka
Tie Breaker #2) What will be the lowest rated match on the show? Hall/Adams
Tie Breaker #3) What overall letter grade will the show receive? B+
Unread 06-19-2017, 10:42 PM
Low Minors

The Eddie Graham Memorial Show 1987
June Week 3 1987
Official Prediction Card
*Faces always listed first

Tie Breaker #1) What will be the highest rated match on the show? The Main Event
Tie Breaker #2) What will be the lowest rated match on the show? Scott Hall's match
Tie Breaker #3) What overall letter grade will the show receive? I'm expecting a B- around, mostly due to the undercard matches dragging things down a bit.

General Diary Feedback: It's always great seeing how someone else takes the initial history and directs elsewhere when it comes to diaries, and like with your WWF diary you've got a great sense of your time period and characters.
Unread 06-20-2017, 08:27 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by to4sty View Post
The streak continues for the moustachio'd man mountain
Words cannot express how much this made me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeLazyMagic View Post
General Diary Feedback: It's always great seeing how someone else takes the initial history and directs elsewhere when it comes to diaries, and like with your WWF diary you've got a great sense of your time period and characters.
Thanks for this SLM! Having a great sense of the time period and characters is probably the biggest compliment you could pay me, as that's probably what I value more than all else. Also, nice of you to mention my '91 WWF diary. That's a project/era that I feel I have some unfinished business with and will return to again (with fresh eyes and a new save) at some point I think. Something about that project burned me out much too early and I never got anywhere close to where I wanted to go. I think it's feeling trapped in the early portion of that game with WM7. Logically, you really can only go to Hogan/Savage or Hogan/Slaughter and by default Warrior gets the other guy. That said, after WM7, that time period opens up in-game tremendously and there are a ton of options to go.
Unread 06-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Minor League

Quote:
As far as Podcasts go....especially historical ones, I highly recommend "The Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast" it's one of the most in depth and frankly hilarious podcasts out there.....they have reviewed every Starrcade from the beginning....(so the 86 and 87 Cades might be worth a listen for here) as well as every Mania from 1-30whatever we are now, 35? And when I say in depth, I mean in depth, the history and storylines surrounding the event, the state of the business at the time, what's going on in other feds.....hence why Wrestlemania 17 for example is a seven hour podcast! Too long you say? Not once you start listening it's not. My dog has never had such long walks until I discovered this show. Give the Starrcades a listen
Unread 06-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by to4sty View Post
As far as Podcasts go....especially historical ones, I highly recommend "The Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast" it's one of the most in depth and frankly hilarious podcasts out there.....they have reviewed every Starrcade from the beginning....(so the 86 and 87 Cades might be worth a listen for here) as well as every Mania from 1-30whatever we are now, 35? And when I say in depth, I mean in depth, the history and storylines surrounding the event, the state of the business at the time, what's going on in other feds.....hence why Wrestlemania 17 for example is a seven hour podcast! Too long you say? Not once you start listening it's not. My dog has never had such long walks until I discovered this show. Give the Starrcades a listen
Sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out. Sounds similar to one of my favorites, The Old School Wrestling Podcast. These guys review old school events/angles/etc. with a very healthy mix of humor.
Unread 06-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out. Sounds similar to one of my favorites, The Old School Wrestling Podcast. These guys review old school events/angles/etc. with a very healthy mix of humor.
It's along the same lines, I used to listen to OSWP too....before I discovered TLF lol
Unread 06-20-2017, 02:59 PM
Minor League

The 1987 Eddie Graham Memorial Show
Quick Results

The 1987 Eddie Graham Memorial Show
Date: Week 3 June 1987
Announcers: Tony Schiavone & Bob Caudle
Venue: St. Pete Times Forum (FL)
Attendance: 19,758

Quote:
Mike Rotundo & Jimmy Valiant def. Dick Murdoch & The Spoiler when Rotundo scored a roll-up (C+)

Ron Simmons cheated to def. Brad Armstrong (C)

NWA World Tag Team Championship: The Rock n’ Roll Express (c) def. The Sheepherders via DQ (C+)

NWA World Television Title: Ole Anderson went to a 30 minute time limit draw with Arn Anderson (c) (B+)

Scott Hall def. Brian Adams (D+)

Barry Windham and Manny Fernandez w/ Paul Jones def. The Garvins (C+)
*the outcome had to be changed on the fly when Ron Garvin broke his neck and needed to be carted to the back

Missy Hyatt brought out Magnum TA to salute the fans, discuss his progress and pay tribute to Eddie Graham (B-)

Lex Luger w/ JJ Dillon def. Tim Horner (C+)

The Road Warriors & The Fantastics w/ Paul Ellering def. Kevin Sullivan, The Barbarian & The Grapplers (B)

Hector Guerrero, Wahoo McDaniel & Shane Douglas def. Big Bubba Rogers & The Midnight Express when Corny botched interference and Hector scored a pinfall on Bobby Eaton (B)

Mike Graham def. Baron Von Raschke (C)
*Mike was visibly emotional, clearly paying tribute to his father with his performance

The Super Powers def. The Russian Team (B)
Post Match: The ring cleared except for Dusty, who saluted the Florida fans and reflected on the great times he had performing for Eddie Graham here in Florida (A*)
...But Dusty's words were cut short, because from the crowd came Dusty’s mystery assailant who attacked him once again! (A*)

Fijian Strap Match for the NWA World Title: Ric Flair (c) def. “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka when Tully Blanchard returned to action and cost Snuka the match (A)

Show Grade: A (Popularity increased in 1 region)
Final Eddie Graham Memorial Show Prediction Standings

After a recount, I can confirm that SomeLazyMagic is the winner of this prediction game! SLM, keep an eye on your PMs as I'll get something sent your way in way of a prize.

Thanks to everyone who predicted, commented or simply read!

Last edited by Crossface : 06-20-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Unread 06-20-2017, 03:06 PM
Hall of Fame

Ronnie! I would've had a nearly perfect score on this show except not seeing that injury coming! Well, hopefully Barry finds something better to do until Garvin comes back. I don't know if a feud for now with Jimmy Jam would have quite the same effect.

This outlines the one stumbling block I always have when playing JCP in 87. With Lex having JUST joined the Horsemen, I can't want take him immediately back out to add Windham to the lineup. But by 87 he is just such a stale babyface, Barry needed the huge heel turn that he got in 1988. But it just doesn't feel right to not have him turn to join the Horsemen because along with Flair, Arn and, Tully, he was just such a perfect fit.

Regardless, good Graham show